Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Julet Esqu posted:

This is absolutely the truth. It's also time consuming and sometimes people got poo poo to do!

You're all lucky my life is a hollow sham. Otherwise you'd miss out on that heart-pounding Funky Winkerbean action!

Skippy (April 22, 1927)

Peanuts (July 14, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean mocks your Comic-Con expectations in yet another way.

Ernie Bushmiller's Popeye by Bud Sagendorf

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (April 8-9, 1925)

You honestly didn't think Wash Funk was going away all at once, did you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
It looks like "Kaphut" is a reasonably common name. Thai maybe? I didn't dig long enough to tell. It was interesting that Google immediately suggested "kaput", though.

Jane's World

That dude's gotta be a block away by now, why bother?

Non Sequitur

What?

Surprise. Heavenly Nostrils is yesterday's.

Kliban

Huh. Look at that blimp out there. :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 7/11/2003

What a hosed up family. Good job, Brooke.

Zits

Well, it is summer break.

Kevin & Kell

Holbrook seems to be aging Coney and tiger girl at a really rapid rate. Prior to this story arc (I don't think they appeared in the previous one) they were a lot younger.

There's definitely going to be some good avatar material in these older strips. I'm liking them a lot.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The best thing about Hal Foster's Prince Valiant is that you can be completely repulsed by the ideals and values espoused in it and still love the art and the characters. It's a beautiful Betrayal Comix.

Pooch Café

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10UzyRZCICo

Ballard Street

The colourist doesn't agree, but I think I see some vintage whitewalls back there in mint condition, and she's not even bothering to price them out properly! A classic car restorer would pay thousands for a good set of prewar Vogues, and she's literally just giving them away. Congratulations, Constance, you just destroyed your marriage.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ham Shears saves us from turning into a Bergman film.

The Dinette Set breaks things to us gently.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
"No natural weapons or defenses of any kind." Yes, none. Good job, Holbrook. Go collect your honorary biology doctorate at the door.

Cow and Boy

Sherman's Lagoon

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Probably Magic posted:

"No natural weapons or defenses of any kind." Yes, none. Good job, Holbrook. Go collect your honorary biology doctorate at the door.

It's not uncommon of people in the fandom to say that humans are inferior due to x.
They're pretty much people with animal bits so they do have that advantage here.

While it is true Humans don't have claws or poison or other things, they can use their thumbs to poke out eye balls or perform suplexes to moving vehicles. They can also use a gun to shoot people and dual wield.

Just keep the kid away from Dingoes and he should be fine.
Dingoes have a +4 modifier against babies.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Probably Magic posted:

It would be slightly amusing if the kid did hunt like humans did before developing major hunting tools, which was to run other animals to death by virtue of superior endurance and sweating.

Persistence Hunting is cool poo poo

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 11, 2014

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Sep 12, 2006
Haven't seen Moomin in here for awhile, but for all you fans, there's an adorable little Moomin coin purse for sale at Modcloth. :swoon:

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Pun-based autofellatio.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

"He's that good! Mike Lester is that good at puns! He's great at jokes!" -- Mike Lester, 2014

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
For today's Bloom County, we're jumping back to November 23rd, 1987, since this week was omitted from GoComics' archive, along with all the following dailies until December 21st.

it was Opus

For those lucky enough to be in the dark, this was Tammy Faye, whose one-time husband, Jim Bakker, televangelist extraordinaire, had that affair involving a church secretary and some drugged wine.

Ripley's

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Ham Shears saves us from turning into a Bergman film.

That middle panel. I knew it reminded me of something. I had to come back and post it to make it stop playing over in my head.

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

I can appreciate a good pun. this is not a good pun. none of these are good puns, they were never good puns, they will never be good puns, and the person who wrote them should be ashamed to exist on this earth with the rest of us. gently caress you, mike du jour

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Trent posted:

That middle panel. I knew it reminded me of something. I had to come back and post it to make it stop playing over in my head.

You remember that and not what it's parodying?
http://youtu.be/kno3xDw27bY?t=1m41s

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Maltose posted:

It would be slightly amusing if the kid did hunt like humans did before developing major hunting tools, which was to run other animals to death by virtue of superior endurance and sweating.

Persistence Hunting is cool poo poo

I was going to bring up this same thing. (Persistence hunting, not the video.) Compared to most animals, humans have ridiculous stamina. It's actually really effective for hunting purposes, since even if the prey outruns someone in the start, as long as they don't lose it entirely a human can run it down sooner or later.

Sadly I doubt Holbrook is going to go that route here. Well, "sadly"; it'll be avoiding more of his sociopathic murder stuff, but at least it'd be a bit more interesting than the norm.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Roland Jones posted:

I was going to bring up this same thing. (Persistence hunting, not the video.) Compared to most animals, humans have ridiculous stamina. It's actually really effective for hunting purposes, since even if the prey outruns someone in the start, as long as they don't lose it entirely a human can run it down sooner or later.

Sadly I doubt Holbrook is going to go that route here. Well, "sadly"; it'll be avoiding more of his sociopathic murder stuff, but at least it'd be a bit more interesting than the norm.

The kid is going to start eating people off screen.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Good way to get the bends.

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Ugh, what the gently caress is going on in this stupid comic.

Dick Tracy

Oh, Brother

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wanamingo posted:

Zippy the Pinhead

Bill Griffiths has a really weird relationship with Baby Huey. It's not like his thing for late 50s advertising mascots or googie architecture, it's something deeper. Something darker.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

No Reagan wasn't, Ripley's ghostwriter. :colbert:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Wanamingo posted:

Zippy the Pinhead

Oh god I can't handle Zippy the Pinhead.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

RandomFerret posted:

Bill Griffiths has a really weird relationship with Baby Huey. It's not like his thing for late 50s advertising mascots or googie architecture, it's something deeper. Something darker.

An obese anthropomorphic duck in a diaper? That couldn't possibly inspire anything weird!

(Oh, God, we've found Griffy's secret fetish, haven't we?)

Esplanade fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 12, 2014

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Wanamingo posted:

Zippy the Pinhead

Huey's boy! I can't believe it!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Deep breath...time to make...AN EFFORT.

It's back to the Pogo '56 campaign getting scientifically managed out the wazoo. (July 2-4, 1956)

The Droodle supply is still a little flaky, so how about some Bonus Peanuts? Here's where we see a different side of Lucy. (also July 2-4, 1956)

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Oh god I can't handle Zippy the Pinhead.

I can actually halfway appreciate this one. :shrug:

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Manuel, you posted a Family Circus instead of Rose is Rose, but....I don't really mind, okay? You don't have to do anything different.

Geech hasn't changed since the ninth grade.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

I see that the syndicate has been leaving notes for Brooke in the last panel again.

Pibgorn

Who is Dr. Nik and why exactly is Pibgorn drinking to him?

Brooke spent all of this time building up to this moment and he didn't notice that he drew Pibgorn with two left feet?

edit: He must have just noticed this, because there is an updated version of today's comic that was posted within the last few minutes.

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 12, 2014

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn

Who is Dr. Nik and why exactly is Pibgorn drinking to him?

Brooke spent all of this time building up to this moment and he didn't notice that he drew Pibgorn with two left feet?

edit: He must have just noticed this, because there is an updated version of today's comic that was posted within the last few minutes.

Did he not notice "Romeo, Romeo, Romeo! Here's drnik:" or is that a Shakespeare thing

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

VoidBurger posted:

Did he not notice "Romeo, Romeo, Romeo! Here's drnik:" or is that a Shakespeare thing

Hi everybody! Hi Drnik!

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

VoidBurger posted:

It's an incompetence thing.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

sweetguts posted:

I can appreciate a good pun. this is not a good pun. none of these are good puns, they were never good puns, they will never be good puns, and the person who wrote them should be ashamed to exist on this earth with the rest of us. gently caress you, mike du jour

You know that long, awkward silence that happens when someone loudly tells what he thinks is a great joke but no one else in the room thinks it's funny? That's Mike du jour, except it happens daily. And that's the 'good' comics.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Apartment 3-G

That is quite a reaction to some of the mildest pranking ever. In fact, it doesn't even qualify as a prank. Ribbing? Ribbing might be too strong a word, too. Joshing. They were just mildly joshing with her.

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

"But...where did a little girl get a million dollars?"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean mocks your Comic-Con expectations in yet another way.

This super-rare, incredibly expensive comic is just mixed in with all the others, completely unprotected. :argh:

He's armed and dangerous and already shot your partner, so yeah, chasing him by yourself with no idea when backup will arrive sounds like a great plan. :rolleyes:

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man
Panel one is great. :allears:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

IT'S A DOG.

IT'S A DOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

Fabulous.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I really want to know what stupid reason doc ock is going to have to turn down the luckiest hand in the history of ever. His dumb 'earthquake' plan actually works and not only does he get paroled in a week, a rich dude immediately offers to fund his research in return for fighting (minor) crime once in a while, while Parker takes photos.

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

• Locked thread