Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
holy christ that nose needs its' own area code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
4/10

in other news

https://twitter.com/BTPLancs/status/487317571197501441

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Guess which one is the sheriff

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Branis posted:

Orange shorts on the far right

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Branis posted:

Whichever is the fattest retard

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Branis posted:

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Don't tell me, is that filmed just after they arrived on scene to find local stations had it under control and tried to shift responsibility for it even though the entire incident happened on a sodding train?

(I may be a touch raw from your colleagues last week)

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

chartley posted:

Don't tell me, is that filmed just after they arrived on scene to find local stations had it under control and tried to shift responsibility for it even though the entire incident happened on a sodding train?

(I may be a touch raw from your colleagues last week)

Inter-force bitch fight. My money is on Police force Scotland.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Call it a draw for all the work I and my colleagues had to do first.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Speaking of Met, you guys were on the front page of London Evening Standard tonight.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

TCD posted:

Speaking of Met, you guys were on the front page of London Evening Standard tonight.

O god, what have we done now? I'm checking on their website and it could be any of 4 massive fuckups

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

O god, what have we done now? I'm checking on their website and it could be any of 4 massive fuckups

I think it was referencing dropping off juvi dirtbags in rival territory after picking them up for whatever reason.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

TCD posted:

I think it was referencing dropping off juvi dirtbags in rival territory after picking them up for whatever reason.

O wow, I know tramps have that done to them all the time but doing that with gang members is a pretty sure fire way of getting someone stabbed and you getting sacked.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Dropping bums & hitchhiker at the next jurisdiction is pretty much SOP around here but :lol: at leaving a gang member in rival territory.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

That's incredible. Too bad it's euro gangs and not Compton gangland though.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Yesterday on my 10 hour shift I went call to call for literally the whole shift. Not a single minute of normal patrol or self initiated activity. Haven't had a shift like that in years...

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
Yesterday night on my 12 hour shift I wrote a report.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur
Yesterday I got drunk on a dock and took pictures of me dressed as a pirate.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

You can just type that out & not post the pics

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Was your pirate more Johnny Depp or Burt Lancaster?

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Yesterday on my 10 hour shift I went call to call for literally the whole shift. Not a single minute of normal patrol or self initiated activity. Haven't had a shift like that in years...

Lot of kids staying behind for summer classes or more or less the scenario of "all it takes is one person and an rear end in a top hat"?

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
There's the one I fancied up with my very first foray into Photoshop since high school. I'm determined to learn photoshop and light room's secrets. I'll get a few others uploaded tonight or tomorrow morning.

SrgMagnum fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 13, 2014

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

GunForumMeme posted:

Lot of kids staying behind for summer classes or more or less the scenario of "all it takes is one person and an rear end in a top hat"?

I don't work for the campus PD anymore. :ssh:

It was mostly BS stuff, so I don't have any great stories, but it was nice to be tied up for a whole shift doing stuff that didn't involve sitting in a parking lot checking the Awful app.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

beanieson posted:

Dropping bums & hitchhiker at the next jurisdiction is pretty much SOP around here but :lol: at leaving a gang member in rival territory.

The hitchhiker tag got so bad that we stopped notifying other agencies we were bringing them and just phoned in as a concerned citizen about a person thumbing it after we cleared county.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Well, for my shift, one of the officers on our team served his final duty last night, after 40 years on the front line. He won the Queens Police medal https://twitter.com/MPSSouthwark/status/479885304485392384 and for his final shift they arranged his daughter (who is a Detective Sergeant in another force) to work as his operator and the Borough commander to ride shotgun for the night, they actually managed to nick a Burglar in progress. For refreshments we had a BBQ at 3am and at the end of the duty he was driven in a convoy of 18 cars all the way home.

The prisoners could smell the BBQ outside and, because they were mostly drunk, were kicking off because they couldn't have any.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae
What a tremendous way to finish working for the company. The BBQ is a lovely touch, bonus points for the prisoners getting a whiff!

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Agreed! That's a nice way to end a career. Good food with my team is the best. A convoy home is a nice touch as well.

I barely even merited a "gently caress off!" when I left. Wonder how much of that is due to me being a lazy, good-for-nothing lop?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
whats english barbecue like

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Here's a couple more of the drunken pirate photos. I really need some adult supervision in my life.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

krispykremessuck posted:

whats english barbecue like

Not bad, and proper sausages, not like those loving hogdogs that you lot eat.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
cross-posting to goons.jpg

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Not bad, and proper sausages, not like those loving hogdogs that you lot eat.

I'll agree with you for BBQ purposes. For a roll at breakfast, the Scottish Lorne sausage however is supreme.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Yep, I'll take that, Lorne sausage is pretty drat nice, especially with an egg. You can keep the white pudding though, that poo poo is disgusting.

Sausage and Bacon and anything deep fried are banned from our borough canteens now because of fat coppers.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Yep, I'll take that, Lorne sausage is pretty drat nice, especially with an egg. You can keep the white pudding though, that poo poo is disgusting.

Sausage and Bacon and anything deep fried are banned from our borough canteens now because of fat coppers.

Lorne doesn't fall out from a roll which is grand. White pudding is rank, black pudding is awesome and haggis is a nice treat for breakie.

Ha, canteen at work, what are they? We are left to roam the streets and visit our favoured takeaways and cafés if we want hot food other than microwave or toaster fare.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

real american barbecue doesn't usually feature hot dogs m8, unless its for little kids. but I get what yer sayin.

caveat: not including upper midwest where barbecue is hot dogs and ketchup

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

chartley posted:

Lorne doesn't fall out from a roll which is grand. White pudding is rank, black pudding is awesome and haggis is a nice treat for breakie.

Ha, canteen at work, what are they? We are left to roam the streets and visit our favoured takeaways and cafés if we want hot food other than microwave or toaster fare.

I'm guessing you don't have 1000 officer police stations though. The food at Hendon training center is genuinely good. I always get their early to grab some food. The canteens are usually only 0700-about 1630 so only early turn really get to eat or people working office hours.

How often do you grab a munchie box?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I'm guessing you don't have 1000 officer police stations though. The food at Hendon training center is genuinely good. I always get their early to grab some food. The canteens are usually only 0700-about 1630 so only early turn really get to eat or people working office hours.

How often do you grab a munchie box?

patrol sergeant got demoted to corporal last year after some allegations he was trying to grab a subordinates munchie box

VVV :argh:

beanieson fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 13, 2014

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

beanieson posted:

patrol sergeant got demoted to corporeal last year after some allegations he was trying to grab a subordinates munchie box

was he previously ethereal

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

krispykremessuck posted:

real american barbecue doesn't usually feature hot dogs m8, unless its for little kids. but I get what yer sayin.

caveat: not including upper midwest where barbecue is hot dogs and ketchup

we eat brats up here motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Branis posted:

we eat brats up here motherfucker

brats are best when prepared in cast w/ sauerkraut and beer. though you can do that on a grill, that's not fuckin barbecue bud

• Locked thread