Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarnet
Jan 7, 2007

Is Nerd HQ actually happening this year? Their funding campaign didn't go very far and I haven't seen/heard anything from them or from friends at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
They will be. Zach usually holds announcements until the official SDCC schedule is released so they can confirm times with panels and whatnot. Expect something Monday or Tuesday, most likely.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

And let there be Sunday
http://comic-con.org/cci/sunday

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
There was speculation Disney or Lionsgate would take the last spot in Hall H on Sunday.

If you haven't looked, the offsite post on page 1 is getting very fat with stuff to do.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
http://comic-con.org/toucan/22sdcc-2014-introducing-toucan-tracker-wristbands-hall-h%E2%80%99s-first-panel-of-day

The each day's first panel in Hall H will require a wristband to get in.
Wristband distribution ends at 1AM and resumes at 5AM until all wristbands are gone.

TheCrimsonCricket
Feb 3, 2006
I'm interested in the panel for The Strain, but it's on Hall H and Sunday is the only day I'll be at the convention. I'm guessing the lines are shorter on Sunday, but how early should I expect to get in line to get in?

The panel itself is two hours, and since it's my only day I'm wondering if it'll take too much time away from walking the convention floor to be worth it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
There's no Doctor Who this year and the Supernatural fans might leave after The Following. I'd walk over around 12:30/1PM and see if there's a line. If there's a line, keep walking and check out the stuff at Petco Park.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Jarnet posted:

Is Nerd HQ actually happening this year? Their funding campaign didn't go very far and I haven't seen/heard anything from them or from friends at all.

They just put up a press release
http://www.thenerdmachine.com/nerd-hq/

Sega has set up shop with them. The panels are back. Party is on Thursday night.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004

Dr Tran posted:

http://comic-con.org/toucan/22sdcc-2014-introducing-toucan-tracker-wristbands-hall-h%E2%80%99s-first-panel-of-day

The each day's first panel in Hall H will require a wristband to get in.
Wristband distribution ends at 1AM and resumes at 5AM until all wristbands are gone.

That sucks. I'm pretty conflicted since I want to see the Thrones and Fox panels, but everything else will be a chore to sit through on top of waiting for hours in line. My friend was planning on camping out anyway so I could have just joined him, but now that wouldn't do me any good since I wouldn't have a wrist band.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

ElmerTheWasabi posted:

That sucks. I'm pretty conflicted since I want to see the Thrones and Fox panels, but everything else will be a chore to sit through on top of waiting for hours in line. My friend was planning on camping out anyway so I could have just joined him, but now that wouldn't do me any good since I wouldn't have a wrist band.

If I'm reading the rules right, you can get in line before 1am to get a wristband. Then come back later.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Dr Tran posted:

If I'm reading the rules right, you can get in line before 1am to get a wristband. Then come back later.

Here's how I'm reading it from the FAQ they have.

Let's say you have a party of 3 people. You show up and get in line at midnight. You all get wrist bands at 1 AM. At this point, two of you go to the hotel and rest and the other person stays in line. At 9 AM, the two people return and get in line with the third and you all enter happy happy.

Let's take the same example and change it a little. You all get wrist bands at 1 AM but instead of one of you staying behind, all of you go back to the hotel. Then you return at 9 AM and ..... now you go to the back of the line is how I understand it.

Without an anchor person from your party, always holding the line, you're going to go to the back of the line, like every year. The big difference is now you need your whole party there at once either at 1 AM or 5 AM or your chances of getting in together are greatly diminished.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Man, this Nerd HQ is going to be nuts. Jeff Bridges? Goddamn, dudes! Never done any of the Conversations, but I'll definitely be looking at that full list this week.

As for the wristbands, it doesn't sound too crazy. It just cuts down on one person willing to wake up at 2AM to hold the line for 5 others not willing to wait it out, too. Beyond that, it sounds like it's essentially the same thing as the red placeholder cards you get at Disneyland to help staff update the Wait Time list.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
My main issue is that my parking at the Hilton isn't overnight parking. I have to be out of the parking lot by 2am. Hopefully I can be there at 1am and get a wrist band. My friends camp out while I take my car home to not get towed, take a shower, rest for a couple hours and come back.

This is under the assumption that passing out those wrist bands isn't terribly inefficient of course.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ElmerTheWasabi posted:

This is under the assumption that passing out those wrist bands isn't terribly inefficient of course.

Hahahahahaha. Out of the mouths of babes

False Toaster
Dec 29, 2006

Stupidity, its both physically and mentally painful.
This is a bit last minute but does anyone have a spare 4 day badge to sell? I lucked out with free transportation and accommodations to SD for the weekend. I figured it'd be worth a shot to ask around.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

False Toaster posted:

This is a bit last minute but does anyone have a spare 4 day badge to sell? I lucked out with free transportation and accommodations to SD for the weekend. I figured it'd be worth a shot to ask around.

Badges do not work that way. They have to be picked up there, have the attendee's name written on them, and require photo ID to be picked up. That said, do check out the third post in the thread, because there's going to be a ton going on outside the convention center proper that won't require any badge.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Nerd HQ app is available for Android. Coming soon for IOS.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itgurussoftware.android.nerdmachine

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Despite the lack of Who this year, Craig Ferguson will be showing up anyway.
He will be moderating the Big Bang Theory and Game of Thrones panels.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

False Toaster posted:

Last year, I went with two friends who didn't have badges, and they both ended up with badges that people gave them for the rest of the weekend. I even let an "Internet friend" borrow my badge for a day that I wandered around elsewhere. It depends on how good you are at networking/who you know - I would personally go out there anyway for free and play everything by ear.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I just realized I have a pro badge for SDCC that I won't need due to getting one for being attached to an exhibitor.

So uh, how do we do this?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Beast of Bourbon posted:

I just realized I have a pro badge for SDCC that I won't need due to getting one for being attached to an exhibitor.

So uh, how do we do this?

Don't you have to pick it up first or is it in hand?

False Toaster
Dec 29, 2006

Stupidity, its both physically and mentally painful.

Darko posted:

Last year, I went with two friends who didn't have badges, and they both ended up with badges that people gave them for the rest of the weekend.

This is my first time heading out to SDCC. Can you explain this in more detail?

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

False Toaster posted:

This is my first time heading out to SDCC. Can you explain this in more detail?

I think he means that they found people that gave his friends their badges (possibly extras) so they could go in and out of the con.

This has been posted before but check out http://www.outsidecomiccon.com/all-events-2014/

Lots of stuff going on even if you don't have a badge to get into the actual convention.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
1. The Assassin's Creed Experience will be a parkour obstacle course. Find it at the lawn next to the Hilton Gaslamp.

2. Cartoon Network is holding the Third Annual Adventure Time ConQuest scavenger hunt at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con. Lumpy Space Princess is looking for a date to Comic-Con 2014 and it is up to the attendees to keep it from being a disaster. Learn how you can participate and earn cool incentives after the jump. Like years past, Cartoon Network is asking for fans to participate in their annual ConQuest. What does that mean? Comic-Con attendees will scour the convention room floor to visit 11 participating partner booths and locations. Fans can start at the Cartoon Network booth (#3735) and look for signage to begin. Along the way, fans will receive incentives, premiums, and rebates for Adventure Time products featured at the convention.

There will be secrete text-messaged clues given to participants, which will help guide attendees on their journey to find a suitable bachelor for Lumpy Space Princess to take to the Princess Day Ball. Adventure Timers who have completed the ConQuest in the past will will be encouraged to bring their Jake and Ice King medallions from 2012 and 2013 to The New Children’s Museum redemption center to earn a “triple threat reward.”

Here are the list of booths and areas fans must visit in order to complete their journey:

• Abrams (Booth #1216) will have copies of its New York Times Best-Selling book Adventure Time Encyclopaedia, as well as its recently-released Adventure Time: A Totally Math Poster Collection with 25 copies signed by illustrator Tony Millionaire, plus calendars. Fans can also catch a sneak peek of the upcoming Adventure Time: Art of Ooo, available this October. ConQuesters will receive an additional 20% discount on the poster book, and anyone who purchases any Adventure Time merchandise will receive a free 2015 Adventure Time mini-calendar, while supplies last.
  • BOOM! Studios/KaBOOM! (Booth #2229) will feature the latest issues of its top-selling Adventure Time comic book series and related mini-series, highlighted by the San Diego Comic-Con exclusive cover of the mathematical collection of “Marceline and the Scream Queens” and the recently-launched “Adventure Time: Banana Guard Academy” written by Adventure Time writer Kent Osborne.
  • Entertainment Earth (Booth #2343) will highlight its BMO Tin Tote Gift Set Convention Exclusive that includes a colorful metal tin tote, 10-ounce insulated stainless steel container and mini journal inside the tote that will take you away to the Land of Ooo.
  • Huckleberry (Booth #3449) will showcase and sell its adorable BMO Chara-Cover phone case at its booth, with ConQuest participants receiving 10% off the purchase of the case.
  • Jazwares (Toynk Booth #3551) will feature its Adventure Time toy line and highlight the 12” BMO plush Convention Exclusive at the Toynk booth.
  • Little Orbit (The New Children’s Museum) will offer fans a chance to play its upcoming Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom video game for the very first time before its release this fall on Sony Playstation 3, Microsoft X360, Nintendo 3DS, and PC Steam. Additionally, The New Children’s Museum location will be the terminal stop on the ConQuest and fans who finish the quest will redeem their OMG medallion there. Just look for the giant inflatable Finn head!
  • Mimoco (Booth #5245) will feature its full line of popular Adventure Time x MIMOBOT USB flash drives, including Finn, Jake, and new BMO. ConQuesters can get 10% off their Adventure Time MIMOBOT purchase instantly!
  • Penguin Group (Booth #4612) will showcase its line of MAD LIBS®, activity books, journals and much more based on Adventure Time, and will be giving away free buttons exclusively to ConQuest participants! Plus, anyone who purchases any three MAD LIBS® products will get a free Adventure Time/MAD LIBS® tote bag!
  • Rubie’s Costume Company (Booth #3649), maker of Adventure Time costumes and select accessories, will feature its one-size-fits-all Finn hat at its booth, and ConQuest participants can pick it up for a cool 40% off the purchase price.
  • USAopoly (Booth #1017), maker of the hit MONOPOLY®: Adventure Time™ Collector’s Edition and Memory Challenge: Adventure Time Edition, will preview its all-new Munchkin® Adventure Time, which will launch this August, and ConQuest participants can pick up a free Munchkin® Adventure Time game card at the booth!
  • WeLoveFine (Booth #5647) will offer up a wide assortment of its fan-favorite Adventure Time apparel, including t-shirts, sweatshirts, dresses and leggings. ConQuest participants get a deal at $25 for one or $40 for two shirts.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I can hardly wait to witness people totally unfit for anything remotely parkour to attempt the parkour thing. I've never got to splint a real broken bone before. Maybe this will be my chance.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Tim and Eric's Pajama party sign up went live.
http://video.adultswim.com/presents/san-diego-comic-con-2014/#jammy

There was only 200 spaces and 94 were left when I finished.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Satorr posted:

I can hardly wait to witness people totally unfit for anything remotely parkour to attempt the parkour thing. I've never got to splint a real broken bone before. Maybe this will be my chance.

I'm amazed the walking dead escape didn't have more asthma attacks or more zombie volunteers getting hamfisted in the face.

Did I say volunteers? I mean paying customers

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Quiznos Thursday at 7

http://www.pacificsandiego.com/2014/07/01/qanvasbyquiznos/

Chim
Jun 23, 2004
Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!
hey guys, I'm not a regular on BSS but I am a vinyl collector and there will be a set of 5 exclusive Batman, the animated series 7" single records available for sale at the Mondo booth. Can someone who is going to SDCC pick me up a set? I will reimburse you handsomely for your time. PM me? thanks a bunch, wish I could go this year!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Nerd HQ conversation schedule is slowly rolling out via BrownPaperTickets http://www.brownpapertickets.com/profile/192245

Thursday 9AM
Zachary Levi

Into the Storm 12PM
Sarah Wayne Callies, Matt Walsh, Max Deacon, Nathan Kress, Jon Reep, Kyle Davis, Steven Quale

IntoTheStorm screening on 7/23 go to GOFOBO.COM/RSVP & enter Code: UJ9J0S

Assassin's Creed Experience parkour course doesn't look like it'll kill anybody
https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/489850625832665088/photo/1

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 17, 2014

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

The new official sdcc app is available. It includes an interactive map as well as adding notes to all kinds of poo poo.

Plus you can favourite just about everything to have all that stuff in one handy spot and never having to pull out the stupid book (unless you're low on battery).

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

RevKrule posted:

The new official sdcc app is available. It includes an interactive map as well as adding notes to all kinds of poo poo.

Plus you can favourite just about everything to have all that stuff in one handy spot and never having to pull out the stupid book (unless you're low on battery).

Speaking of that, before SDCC 13 we picked up one of those portable battery chargers and haven't looked back since. Things are awesome.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Here are your 2014 Warner bags
http://comiccon.thewb.com/wbsdcc-2014-official-bags/

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Soarer posted:

Speaking of that, before SDCC 13 we picked up one of those portable battery chargers and haven't looked back since. Things are awesome.

Absolutely. I bought one at an office max store closing sale this spring and took is to a con earlier this year. It was amazing and worth every penny.

Indigo was a dead zone for me last year so it drained the poo poo out of my battery fast. Not just that but social media updating will do it too. If you have the money, get one. It's almost as important as deodorant*

*Nothing is as important as deodorant and other hygiene products at a con. EVER. There is no choice when a hygiene product is involved.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Geek and Sundry has their schedule up
http://geekandsundry.com/view/sdcc-2014-geek-sundry-lounge-schedule1

Nerd HQ panels will go on sale Sunday at Noon PT
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/profile/192245

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

If I don't get a Mike Tyson Mysteries bag I'm gonna have to fight someone.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Really want all those bags. Such a great lineup this year.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Satorr posted:

If I don't get a Mike Tyson Mysteries bag I'm gonna have to fight someone.

I know I'm gonna get Supernatural or Vampire Diaries. That's just how it always goes.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Axel Serenity posted:

Really want all those bags. Such a great lineup this year.

Even the comic con bag featuring the convention center? It's so...pre-irony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Autograph schedule links added to 2nd post

Autograph schedule for Entertainment Earth booth added to second post

Walking Dead gaslamp scavenger hunt on Thursday can get you a VIP pass into Hall H on Friday
http://valhallaentertainment.wordpress.com/2014/07/15/san-diego-social-media-contest/

Adult Swim will have free rides and an ice cream truck
http://www.adultswim.com/promos/201406_free_rides/index.html

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS tournament will take place on Friday July 25 at noon
Get to the Marriott Marina early to sign up

edit:
Tenacious D signing, Thursday 4PM
http://festivalsupreme.com/news/jack-and-kyle-are-goin-to-comic-con

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 18, 2014

• Locked thread