Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

CJacobs posted:

Also it makes your face look gross and terrifying but that's mostly just Gamebryo.

Hopefully by Fallout 4 there'll be a cure. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Agents are GO! posted:

Well, Fellout makes nights pitch black.

Funny thing about this is that Out of the weather mods I've tried for New Vegas, Fellout actually has the brightest nights.

And then I go play Skyrim and the nights are bright as day even with dark nights mods. :eng99:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Oh my GAWD look at this idiot commenting on SimpleStation!

quote:

It doesn't work. I didn't check to see if it's 148 kpsb stereo or whatever it is it's supposed to be, way too much work. Why can't I just drag and drop my itunes into my pipboy? Can you update the mod to do this? I will endorse once you do, thanks.

It's Naky taking the piss, but he loving GOT me. I was mightily annoyed until my eyes looked a few inches to the left. Well played, Naky, well played. :golfclap:

Anyhow, about SimpleStation: I suddenly remembered today why on my old Custom Radio Station I made (that I didn't distribute, It was made to play one set of songs and not configurable) I used WAVs and not MP3s: Performance. Using MP3s causes a lot of problems for me, so I went ahead and added a WAV file version to the nexus page. They're identical other than what type of file they're set up for.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Agents are GO! posted:

It's Naky taking the piss, but he loving GOT me. I was mightily annoyed until my eyes looked a few inches to the left. Well played, Naky, well played. :golfclap:

Anyhow, about SimpleStation: I suddenly remembered today why on my old Custom Radio Station I made (that I didn't distribute, It was made to play one set of songs and not configurable) I used WAVs and not MP3s: Performance. Using MP3s causes a lot of problems for me, so I went ahead and added a WAV file version to the nexus page. They're identical other than what type of file they're set up for.

Will the batch converter that comes with the NVR extended generator make files compatible with yours?

I'll use it either way, it'll just be a bit more work if it doesn't.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

razorrozar posted:

Will the batch converter that comes with the NVR extended generator make files compatible with yours?

I'll use it either way, it'll just be a bit more work if it doesn't.

...You could use the programs I linked to in the instructions. Just sayin'.

No idea about the NVR Batch Converter, though.

Anyhow, I made a whole station for myself of music from the three Bioshock games. I might go back and get some of the PA announcements for radio chatter. :allears:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 11, 2014

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Agents are GO! posted:

...You could use the programs I linked to in the instructions. Just sayin'.

No idea about the NVR Batch Converter, though.

Anyhow, I made a whole station for myself of music from the three Bioshock games. I might go back and get some of the PA announcements for radio chatter. :allears:

I'm sorry, I haven't actually gotten to the computer to look at it yet. I was foolishly trying to be preemptive.

See if you can get Eggman's PA stuff from Sonic Colors in.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Agents are GO! posted:

Nakyposts on Nexus are the best posts

There's a lot of people who seriously +rep anything he says that modeler/mapper will never do because it's horrendously unreasonable.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

SpookyLizard posted:

The directions for lombard station are in the goddamned readme file.

Read the goddamned readme, people.

There isn't a readme in the OP. The link just immediately downloads a fomod.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Bloodnose posted:

There isn't a readme in the OP. The link just immediately downloads a fomod.
The readme file is packaged in the .fomod. You can extract it using the utility of your choice that can handle a .zip. You can view it when installing it via FOMM's package manager by clicking "view readme". Or you can find it in your data folder after installing the .fomod.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Someguy did a boxing mod. :sissies:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56353/

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Since I just New Vegas for my computer and have looked at the stuff in the OP are there any other recommended music mods? The Wave Radio one looks interesting. Though I'm sad that there isn't a mod to make my character look like Jeff Goldblum circa 1988, that would have been a good idea for an LP too :negative:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I really like Existence 2.0 radio station.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
The CONELRAD radio station mod is great, songs dripping with authentic racism/jingoism, Johnny Cash reminding you about Civil Defense, the long-lost "making fun of Joseph Stalin" genre of country music, it has it all.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

achillesforever6 posted:

Since I just New Vegas for my computer and have looked at the stuff in the OP are there any other recommended music mods? The Wave Radio one looks interesting. Though I'm sad that there isn't a mod to make my character look like Jeff Goldblum circa 1988, that would have been a good idea for an LP too :negative:
MMR Extended and OWB Extended (by the same guy) are both fantastic.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

Well, a few posts above yours I linked to the "Create your own custom stations" mod I just made. :shobon:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Agents are GO! posted:

Mwaha. Gotcha.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I decided to jam Increased Wasteland Spawns (aka IWS) into my bloated-rear end mod list to see what all the hubbub was about, and I got owned about 15 times to a hoard of mantises at the school in Goodsprings. This mod is loving amazing, I simply cannot wait to see what the future holds for me.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I decided to jam Increased Wasteland Spawns (aka IWS) into my bloated-rear end mod list to see what all the hubbub was about, and I got owned about 15 times to a hoard of mantises at the school in Goodsprings. This mod is loving amazing, I simply cannot wait to see what the future holds for me.

The gunfight at Primm with the powder gangers is much more difficult and fun with that mod.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

I'd like IWS more if it didn't gently caress up some of the faction relations causing Legionaries and Caravans to suddenly be best buds.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My best experience with IWS was exiting an area just in time for a Legion attack party had spawned in to kill me, so one by one like 20 Legion Assassins flooded out through one single doorway and formed a little corpse pyramid as I blasted them to pieces. :allears:

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Who on Earth would hoard giant preying mantises in the post-apocalyptic wasteland? They don't seem very valuable! :v:

(Sorry.)

I do like IWS; it's one of my chosen methods to increase the game's difficulty (since the in-game difficulty settings should be called a 'bullet sponginess' slider, really). From memory I use IWS' recommended 'medium' spawn settings (or maybe low-medium), so it's not too crazy.

And you can fix that factions relations issue by deleting IWS' override to the Caesar's Legion faction, using FNVEdit. Only takes a few seconds. (But yeah... sort of a weird bug/feature.)

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Why is it that LOOT tells me NewVegas.esm and all the DLC .esm files are full of dirty edits? Do I actually need to clean them or is that just a by-product of the way LOOT reads ESMs, or what?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

razorrozar posted:

Why is it that LOOT tells me NewVegas.esm and all the DLC .esm files are full of dirty edits? Do I actually need to clean them or is that just a by-product of the way LOOT reads ESMs, or what?

FalloutNV.esm isn't, the DLCs actually are, but it's not really that important, because usually nothing loads before them. Dirty edits are mainly a problem with stuff that's lower in the load order.

Cleaning them won't hurt anything though.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Trying to play the "Ultimate" Version of New vegas. Do Project Nevada and FOOK work together? And if not which one should I be using?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
So has anyone played King of the Ring? It's by the bounties guy and seems interesting, but the description is pretty vague on details.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 12, 2014

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Trying to play the "Ultimate" Version of New vegas. Do Project Nevada and FOOK work together? And if not which one should I be using?

Both, there is a convergence patch linked in the OP.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

To clarify the above post, the mod you are looking for is called Convergence. The instructions are pretty easy to follow. I installed Stages 1 and 2 without problems using Fallout Mod Manager (aka FOMM). I didn't install A World of Pain cause I heard it was stupid.

Also note there is a compatibility patch for jsawyer.esp which you should absolutely be using. Also on my list of things you should have is Lombard Station, an awesome goon-made player home. I highly recommend Increased Wasteland Spawns (IWS) if this is a second playthrough because drat it owns.

Must haves to maintain game stability: CASM and NVAC. Trust me when I say you want these.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Paracelsus posted:

MMR Extended and OWB Extended (by the same guy) are both fantastic.
Yeah I downloaded both of them and they work until they suddenly go silent for some reason, I did download the patch that is supposed to fix it, but it happened anyway :smith:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Why the poo poo does ADAM alter the skeleton mesh? My dude's walking like he's got loving rickets.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah I downloaded both of them and they work until they suddenly go silent for some reason, I did download the patch that is supposed to fix it, but it happened anyway :smith:
I had a similar problem with OWB, which was caused by having the playlist enabled for songs that I hadn't actually downloaded. Did you get all the song packs for each, and if you didn't does your load order have the "MojaveExtendedX0.esp" and "MBOWBExtendedX0.esp" mods active for more songs than you should have?

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Had a quick google, but what's the mod that restores the removed NPCs that were removed on the PC version due to the memory limitations of the consoles?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

fuckpot posted:

Had a quick google, but what's the mod that restores the removed NPCs that were removed on the PC version due to the memory limitations of the consoles?
Outside Bets.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Have I mentioned I love Increased Wasteland Spawns? I'm still early-game but it's just wonderful. My biggest issue with New Vegas (and especially Fallout 3) up to this point is that it is just too easy. With proper hoarding you can become a walking arsenal in no time. I've tried difficulty mods and jacking it up to Very Hard but usually this just results in bullet sponges which is no fun. I never would have expected the solution to this problem would be just more spawns. Suddenly I'm actually using all of this ammo I am hoarding. I have to use different weapons because I can't keep my poo poo repaired often enough. I've decided to wait before pissing off the Powder Gangers because the desert is loving crawling with them, when usually I would just immediately raid the prison. Before I could sneak north of Goodsprings without too much hassle but now it's basically not even an option. I love how it's forcing me to change up my strategies.

I'm also playing with No Healing from Food for the first time just to make it even harder. It's a good thing you find a Recharger Rifle early on because you probably won't have enough ammo to kill everything you run across. I never bothered with Energy Weapons before but now I kinda have to because I'm actually running low on bullets. I'm using EVE and this laser pistol has an animated crosshair and it's just gorgeous. The way enemies explode into piles of ash is a sight to behold.

tl;dr: New Vegas loving owns.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
That looks great. I'm gonna grab it for my next playthrough.

Is there anything that'll make NCR and Legion camps even more difficult (in addition to the increased spawn)? I feel like taking down a camp shouldn't just be harder than normal like the waste, it should necessarily be a siege.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

For all you guys loving IWS, just wait till you get to Fiend territory :getin:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Chronojam posted:

For all you guys loving IWS, just wait till you get to Fiend territory :getin:

There's literally nothing better than exploding crack heads with a gauss rifle.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
IWS combined with DFB Random Encounters can be one hell of a time.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I'd suggest "Spice of Life" with IWS just to make sure there is more variety to the guys you're fighting, too.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Raygereio posted:

Outside Bets.

I don't normally add mods to a game in progress because I don't want to melt down the game, but made an exception for this. It is a good mod.

It does great job at adding more life into the towns and even some fresh dialogue lines for the npcs. I did a quick stroll around the places some people on :nexus: claimed to be buggy but didn't see anything out of ordinary. Also, this seems to work nice with Spice of Life because the extra npcs had SoL outfits and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Chronojam posted:

I'd suggest "Spice of Life" with IWS just to make sure there is more variety to the guys you're fighting, too.

Just to clarify, the mod requires custom body mods to work properly. You don't need them but some of clothing options that have exposed skin will have wonky textures there. I think that's a decent trade off to not have mods that make it so all dudes have giant dongs.