Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Clearly the upcoming trailer this Monday will be the most hype, because it'll use this music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Supercar Gautier posted:

Clearly the upcoming trailer this Monday will be the most hype, because it'll use this music.

I have this bet going with my 10-year-old brother who hates Xenoblade for some reason I can't fathom. If Shulk gets into Smash Bros, then he can't watch his favorite anime for a month, but if Shulk doesn't get into Smash Bros, then I have to watch his favorite anime with him for a month.

Basically what I'm saying is that I would be hype as poo poo.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
So Pac-Man's Final Smash from the trailer isn't actually something they pulled out of their rear end. I just played a little bit of Super Pac-Man and that gimmick is from that game, where Pac-Man powers up and becomes bigger and is invulnerable.

Cool.

I'm playing Namco Museum (the 360 version) and there's a goldmine of content they could use for assist trophies and stages if they wanted to go nuts. But mostly likely, classic non-Pac Namco references will be limited to Pac-Man's taunts or maybe one or two assist trophies at max. I'd really like a classic Galaga stage just because that game still looks gorgeous.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

alcharagia posted:

I have this bet going with my 10-year-old brother who hates Xenoblade for some reason I can't fathom. If Shulk gets into Smash Bros, then he can't watch his favorite anime for a month, but if Shulk doesn't get into Smash Bros, then I have to watch his favorite anime with him for a month.

Dare I ask what show he's going to force you to watch if you lose?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

alcharagia posted:

I don't have a cult-like devotion to Shulk or Xenoblade in general, but a month of Naruto sounds like hell.

vv Nevermind

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Dare I ask what show he's going to force you to watch if you lose?

78 episodes' worth of Sgt. Frog, or somewhere thereabouts.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
For a time I really loved the Rosalina trailer, since the reveal blew my mind at first but then the Gusty Garden music kicked in and it was really beautiful. But then the Palutena trailer came along and it was such a perfect love letter to my all-time favorite game (Kid Icarus Uprising owns, everyone get it) that it easily topped Rosalina's trailer.

For hard ranking, though, it'd probably be something like:
Palutena > Rosalina > Mega Man > Little Mac > Greninja > Pac-Man > Villager > Wii Fit Trainer

I've been loving all the trailers they've put out, though! Whoever gets revealed on Monday, they'll have an awesome trailer for sure.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

alcharagia posted:

78 episodes' worth of Sgt. Frog, or somewhere thereabouts.
Sgt. Frog actually loving owns.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Does your brother watch Jojo?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Get your little brother into JoJo.

e: :argh:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Butt Ghost posted:

Does your brother watch Jojo?

No, and it's a particular point of shame for me.

Captain Pissweak posted:

Get your little brother into JoJo.

Okay.

Edit: It's probably an important point to note that I'll also have to be watching them in his video game basement lair. Said video game basement lair is also where our two cats live. I am allergic to cats.

Kinu Nishimura fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 13, 2014

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I really liked the Mac reveal trailer, and I say this as someone who has never played a Punch Out game before. The music was cool, he seemed like he did real man damage and had fun combos. Probably the first thing about Smash 4 that got me genuinely excited about the game.

Brawl's trailer was probably my favorite piece of Smash-related media though. That was just electrifying.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Whoa wait, I wasn't insinuating the bad anime was Jojo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Little Mac's reveal is my favourite because I get a kick out of all the Samus/Little Mac fan art for some stupid reason.

Bomberman Zero Lame Thing #zillion: no local multiplayer.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
does the introduction of the mii fighters count in this discussion? because if so then duh

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Butt Ghost posted:

Whoa wait, I wasn't insinuating the bad anime was Jojo.

I was more just mad you beat me to my posting joke.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

For a time I really loved the Rosalina trailer, since the reveal blew my mind at first but then the Gusty Garden music kicked in and it was really beautiful. But then the Palutena trailer came along and it was such a perfect love letter to my all-time favorite game (Kid Icarus Uprising owns, everyone get it) that it easily topped Rosalina's trailer.

For hard ranking, though, it'd probably be something like:
Palutena > Rosalina > Mega Man > Little Mac > Greninja > Pac-Man > Villager > Wii Fit Trainer

I've been loving all the trailers they've put out, though! Whoever gets revealed on Monday, they'll have an awesome trailer for sure.
Rosalinas trailer was great when they showed it in the direct, first instinct is Kirby Air ride sequel, and then Super smash kart! but then it was a Character reveal all along.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I've convinced myself that Monday's trailer is going to be for Ridley.

It's weird. Even going back to Brawl, Sakurai has never came out and said 'hey, we're revealing a new character on this day.' Unless there's something I'm just forgetting, new character announcements have always been a surprise. He obviously wants everyone to know about whatever character it is, and I can't imagine him trying to build up hype for the reveal unless it's someone big that's going to excite a lot of people. I just don't see a reveal trailer for Chrom or for Shulk doing that, not as much as one for Ridley would.

Then again, I'm probably just overthinking the situation. It's not like Sakurai ever does anything that makes sense anyway. It'll probably end up being for Banana Dee or Captain Toad or something.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dexie posted:

I've convinced myself that Monday's trailer is going to be for Ridley.

It's weird. Even going back to Brawl, Sakurai has never came out and said 'hey, we're revealing a new character on this day.' Unless there's something I'm just forgetting, new character announcements have always been a surprise. He obviously wants everyone to know about whatever character it is, and I can't imagine him trying to build up hype for the reveal unless it's someone big that's going to excite a lot of people. I just don't see a reveal trailer for Chrom or for Shulk doing that, not as much as one for Ridley would.

Then again, I'm probably just overthinking the situation. It's not like Sakurai ever does anything that makes sense anyway. It'll probably end up being for Banana Dee or Captain Toad or something.

I don't think Nintendo considers Ridley a big enough character to require his own special livestream announcement. Metroid isn't that popular outside of the US. Pac-Man would have made sense to give this treatment, but anyone less than a 3rd party character seems like a weird choice.

Shulk's game sold incredibly well internationally as well as pretty strongly in the US so he makes some sense, if it's him.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Little Mac's reveal is my favourite because I get a kick out of all the Samus/Little Mac fan art for some stupid reason.

Bomberman Zero Lame Thing #zillion: no local multiplayer.

I thought it was funny because it reminded me that Samus is like 8 loving feet tall

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think this reveal trailer is just getting its own event because they're usually thrown in with Directs, but there's not enough Directs scheduled between now and release.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dexie posted:

I just don't see a reveal trailer for Chrom or for Shulk doing that, not as much as one for Ridley would.
Both their games sold way better than any recent Metroid game, and are, well, recent. When was the last time anyone cared about Metroid, really? The Prime series?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Here's a link to the reveal thing.

The fact that it's its own event has me hyped up.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
The Prime series was really good!

:smith:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I thought it was funny because it reminded me that Samus is like 8 loving feet tall

Samus is actually 6'3". Mac is just that short.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Pissweak posted:

The Prime series was really good!

:smith:
Hunters wasn't.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Endorph posted:

Hunters wasn't.

Hunters doesn't count, Retro didn't even make it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I know there's no way in hell this is gonna happen, but the thought of Snake getting revealed is getting me so wet.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Can't wait for the Max Payne reveal.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Hunters was alright. I mean, it was a shooter on the DS... and I only played the demo... and the controls sucked okay you know what nevermind

edit:

WINTERMAN
is running through the forest, hope you ate your pound of hair

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 13, 2014

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Blackheart posted:

Can't wait for the Max Payne reveal.

Will that be before or after Green Latern?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
RALPH
is gonna wreck it!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Captain Pissweak posted:

Hunters doesn't count, Retro didn't even make it.

But they did make Echos which I personally view as worse than Hunters. I know I'm probably a minority with that opinion, but Echos just rubbed me the wrong way.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

SilverSupernova posted:

But they did make Echos which I personally view as worse than Hunters. I know I'm probably a minority with that opinion, but Echos just rubbed me the wrong way.

I liked the game overall, but I really hated having to deal with ammo for loving beams.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
lmao this man thinks throwing is the same kinda poo poo as tripping

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Hunters: the demo was a lovely game. The full title was a magnificent DS fps and pretty much the only one that was fun on the platform. I cannot think of another multiplayer fps style game that was as fun, and it came out pretty much first. It had voip voice chat. With friends! You could make your friend code your name and shoot the last 4 digits onto the wall! Hackers! 5 Star rankings!

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

SilverSupernova posted:

Echoes was the best Prime :colbert:

Yeah yeah, my opinion is wrong :v:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Echoes is the worst proper Prime because it doesn't have Ridley.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

LaserBaconMan posted:

Echoes was the best Prime :colbert:

Yeah yeah, my opinion is wrong :v:

I disagree for the most part, but it's the only one of the three that has a black hole weapon and a space rift weapon, so it wins on that front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I really loved echoes. Even if the ing were generally boring to fight, that game had some kickass areas and art once you get out of the poo poo desert.

• Locked thread