Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I believe in bland personhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Swan Oat posted:

I believe in brand personhood.

Good go get an abortion.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

So, ah... I'm just going to leave this here, because god drat it I can't figure out where else to loving put it:

http://io9.com/politician-explains-why-sodomy-is-causing-aids-due-to-1603846473

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Swan Oat posted:

my gimmick is low content shitposting. also i am sincere in it. last, it is good that hitch is dead.

I just want you to know that I appreciate your posting. You make me laugh and are therefore a good person.

TLM3101 posted:

So, ah... I'm just going to leave this here, because god drat it I can't figure out where else to loving put it:

http://io9.com/politician-explains-why-sodomy-is-causing-aids-due-to-1603846473

Going by the url I'm pretty sure we can all fill in the blanks on this one. I'm also guessing that since it says "politician" instead of a name or position that they are some kind of state or municipal official. Not a governor though. Am I close?

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

paragon1 posted:

Going by the url I'm pretty sure we can all fill in the blanks on this one. I'm also guessing that since it says "politician" instead of a name or position that they are some kind of state or municipal official. Not a governor though. Am I close?

Correct! Candidate for Minnesota House of Representatives. Seriously, though, you should read that, because it's even more :psyduck: than you probably think it is.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

What about BJs? And oh no, what if I'm wanking and have a cut on my hand :ohdear:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Basically the dude believes individual sperm are carrying around little thermite det cords and those cause aids when they don't enter an egg. It's a new one for Team Stupid, that's for sure.

Edit: If this insane idea were true we'd have one hell of a way to poison enemy water supplies.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

DemeaninDemon posted:

Run for some county or state position.

i did that and i still don't have a recognised gimmick, what gives

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Tony Jowns posted:

i'll give one to you: from now on, you start every post with the words "as an idiot fucker,"

you're welcome

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Jowns posted:

:justpost:

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

paragon1 posted:

Basically the dude believes individual sperm are carrying around little thermite det cords and those cause aids when they don't enter an egg. It's a new one for Team Stupid, that's for sure.

Edit: If this insane idea were true we'd have one hell of a way to poison enemy water supplies.

What I'm taking away from it is that all men are actually Xenomorphs. :v:

But yeah. It's certainly an interesting hypothesis, to say the least.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

paragon1 posted:

Well duhhhh thats why the military was trying to develop a gay bomb! The enemy would give AIDS to themselves immediately.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

uh, that's already my gimmick ???

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

R. Mute posted:

uh, that's already my gimmick ???

the content of the posts builds your brand

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

McDowell posted:

the content of the posts builds your brand

I'm screwed

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

ReidRansom posted:

I'm screwed

I recognize you as the only name from LF circa 2007 that hasn't been banned, investigated by the Secret Service, or both.

edit: unless you didn't post there, in which case boy is my face red!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

StandardVC10 posted:

I recognize you as the only name from LF circa 2007 that hasn't been banned, investigated by the Secret Service, or both.

edit: unless you didn't post there, in which case boy is my face red!

:D

So many posters gone though... rip LF *pours bourbon*

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
A lot of bland loyalty in this thread.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Tony Jowns posted:

posting in auspol is a gimmick imo

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
i think my gimmick might be being a bad poster

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
Hey I'm looking in this thread for the first time. How is your Saturday night going??

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

it's going good i was hanging out with some friends and drinking beer and now i am at home. how is yours going misandrist duck?

also:

paragon1 posted:

I just want you to know that I appreciate your posting. You make me laugh and are therefore a good person.

:glomp: thanks buddy

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Pretty alright. I took a CPR course today, so now I'm certified to give people tracheotomies with a pen.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
bad rear end

I got recertified this year by CPR Seattle, expensive but worth it. The guy who taught the class teaches anatomy at UW.

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jul 13, 2014

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

paragon1 posted:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Remember to carry a bottle of booze to disinfect the pen with and also to steady your nerves.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

i dated a girl who had a gnarly neck scar from a tracheotomy. it was kinda cool actually.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Is FivethirtyEight good now? I remember when the site launched and a lot of people said it had a lot of problems. Have they fixed those or does it still suck? I really only read fivethirtyeight for the electoral projections and I can get my sports analysis elsewhere.

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
I am okay. I had to work late tonight so now I am just sitting here.

You folks with CPR training are good people, thank you for everything you do. I dated a nurse-in-training once and had to be their play-thing for training :sweatdrop:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
DnD, should I try to make a living as a freelance illustrator, or get a masters in marketing and go into advertising? Please note that I'm in Australia, where masters degrees aren't as commonplace as in America and having one is a genuine point in your favour rather than just a baseline qualification. Evaluate the pros and cons of becoming a professional advertising agent versus a freelance artist and report back to me with your findings. Thank you.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Also I'm tossing up whether to order pizza tonight - but that's a choice that I have to make myself.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Avshalom posted:

DnD, should I try to make a living as a freelance illustrator, or get a masters in marketing and go into advertising? Please note that I'm in Australia, where masters degrees aren't as commonplace as in America and having one is a genuine point in your favour rather than just a baseline qualification. Evaluate the pros and cons of becoming a professional advertising agent versus a freelance artist and report back to me with your findings. Thank you.

Can you draw worth a poo poo?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Avshalom posted:

Also I'm tossing up whether to order pizza tonight - but that's a choice that I have to make myself.

I am having mac & cheese myself. Cheap Velveeta crap, but it tastes good.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

SedanChair posted:

Can you draw worth a poo poo?
No.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

can you update the thread about whether you ordered pizza and if so what are the toppings?

it's 1:30 am and all the pizza places in my city are closed. gently caress.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Then become either a web designer or a photographer like everyone else who has no innate artistic talent!

Otherwise you can write copy or proof things.

All design/advertising jobs pretty much pay poo poo or mediocre unless you get drafted into the NBA of design poo poo, in which case you get low upper-income pay. There are probably hundreds of JWT and Ogilvy "partners" scattered across the planet who make about $60K or something similar. I know several.

HTH

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Thank you for the advice! I graduate in six months and will keep you updated on my progress, and I'll be ordering pizza in ~30 minutes so I'll update you on that as well.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Get the masters and go into advertising so you can get high quality prostitutes and drugs, then post about it.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Swan Oat posted:

can you update the thread about whether you ordered pizza and if so what are the toppings?

it's 1:30 am and all the pizza places in my city are closed. gently caress.

My emergency go to is to find a 24 hour convenience place selling lovely frozen pizzas. CVS is usually good for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I'm going to guess whatever mod gave me this avatar reads this thread, and I would just like to say: you are officially a good person.

edit: goddammit I can't even look at my own posts without laughing at Perry's stupid face now

• Locked thread