Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i also apologise for calling franco a oval office but only because i disagree ideologically with the word and couldn't think of an alternative in the heat of the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Please bitch about Ramadan. I would like the bitching ITT to be more multicultural.

First, a primer for the uninitiated: I am not Muslim, I just happen to be romantically involved with a Muslim because that's who I was stupid enough to fall in love with. Ramadan is Islam's ultimate holy holiday and is the equivalent of EXTREME LENT. How it works? Muslims are not allowed to eat or drink from sunrise to sunset for 30ish days. During the seasons with shorter days, it's tolerable. However, during the Summer when the days are longest and also hot and miserable this whole "holy" experience becomes a massive hassle and pain in the rear end.

Seriously summer Ramadan is bullshit. It's supposed to be this time of like spiritual holiness or whatever but so many Muslims just use it as a cock waggling thing to compete over who is the MOST BEST MUSLIM EVER. The lack of eating and drinking during some of the hottest days of the year makes my s/o cranky as gently caress and impossible to deal with.

But his family sends me gifts of clothes and gawdy-as-gently caress jewelery, the ones who know me better get me video games. But, I hate getting gifts and I never know what to buy anyone and am poor thus hate the holiday for so many reasons.

Eid is the last day of Ramadan, after which you can eat normally again and is kinda like Christmas in terms of its celebration, but not.

PS Pick if you are Slut Peddler chick thanks for hooking my sister Meg us with awesome comicker work. We (she and I) love you.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 13, 2014

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Pick posted:

He is such a duck in da2 he approves of you handing back a slave because of ideological differences

Don't read that just play the game . If you like deadly premonition and similar

deadly premonition is a magical experience and i adore almost everything about it

please stop trying to convince me to install this rpg that people have condemned for years

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
i didn't click on your spoiler in case i do play it

do alistair and zevran make cameos because i liked them :3:

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Avshalom posted:

i also apologise for calling franco a oval office but only because i disagree ideologically with the word and couldn't think of an alternative in the heat of the moment

Sometimes words are just hard to let go because they get the point across to well. Like, I've tried to find a replacement for "retarded" but there's really no equivalent for something so stupid that it must have come from a mentally retarded person.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Avshalom posted:

I was wondering about who the "oval office in charge" was.... pick? lowtax? obama? the ZOG?

Also, sorry Avshalom, sincerely.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm not in smut peddler, that is for prod not chumps. I do however peddle smut

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

BloodWulfe posted:

As I understand it, yes on both counts. Even if you got them killed or split on bad terms. Same for Lelianna.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

BloodWulfe posted:

Yes both

Even Sketch has a cameo

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Light-Bearer posted:

I was wondering about who the "oval office in charge" was.... pick? lowtax? obama? the ZOG?

i thought pick's niceposts were sarcastic and freaked out at that, but then i realised that they probably weren't. and if they were, please don't tell me

quote:

Also, sorry Avshalom, sincerely.
thanks hitler

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I'm gay.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

A friend's father recently passed away and he's been understandably erratic. You (and my friend) don't have to apologize Av.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
yeah when one of my friends died via suicide i went very stoic and then i went kinda crazy its ok death makes people all weird

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Pick I am very happy that you are back. There was a radio story about bees and it made me think if you.

Av the story about kids then depression is terrifying to me because I'm terrified of post-partum depression and also the possibility of having kids and then Mr. Monkey being like "ew this sucks now I am miserable". That is very scary and also deeply upsetting that he left his wife alone with the kids.

Suicide is difficult to deal with because you don't want to be pissed off at a dead person but it's the most logical reaction. My best friend's roommate (and friend) committed suicide and set it up so that my friend would find him. Luckily my friend sensed that something was wrong and called the police rather than going into the room. It really hosed with him and now I have useless anger and frustration towards a dead guy.

Anyway I had some empty spaces in my garden where seedlings failed so I got a jalapeño and an eggplant and I'm pretty happy about them.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Captain Candiru posted:

Sometimes words are just hard to let go because they get the point across to well. Like, I've tried to find a replacement for "retarded" but there's really no equivalent for something so stupid that it must have come from a mentally retarded person.

less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age. according to the dictionary

i think it literally means "to be held back" by something or other. i think it is a perfectly appropriate word.

one of my nephews is mentally retarded. he's mentally and physically held back by his condition. he's 17 but looks like a 12 year old and functions like a 7 year old. he's wicked good at math though, probably better than me tbh

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

detectivemonkey posted:

Pick I am very happy that you are back. There was a radio story about bees and it made me think if you.

Pick is the tiger, vaguely is the squirting bee.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Light-Bearer posted:

less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age. according to the dictionary

i think it literally means "to be held back" by something or other. i think it is a perfectly appropriate word.

one of my nephews is mentally retarded. he's mentally and physically held back by his condition. he's 17 but looks like a 12 year old and functions like a 7 year old. he's wicked good at math though, probably better than me tbh

Well, the reason I'm trying to stop is because I have a few relatives that find "the R-word" extremely offensive.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
thanks, this means a lot to me

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm not very sarcastic, generally

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Pick posted:

Yes both

Even Sketch has a cameo

i've decided to give it a shot

i hope you can bear the burden of influencing my decision to play a 3~ year old video game

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
anyway i'm sorry for taking my anger out on ladythread but i think i've spent it all now

monkey i hope your new plants thrive :3: eggplant is my fave

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Captain Candiru posted:

Pick is the tiger, vaguely is the squirting bee.

Correct, superficially Pick is a tiger and vaguely is a bee. However you don't know them like I do.

Also Pick my niece got to hold a hissing cockroach at a museum and reminded me that she wants one from that website. So again, my sister sends her thanks for that.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

I'm not very sarcastic, generally
i'm sorry that i doubted you

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Dubstep Psyops

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Avshalom posted:

i'm sorry that i doubted you

SLUUUUUUUT.

Edit: I'm just glad you're not drunk posting.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

detectivemonkey posted:

Correct, superficially Pick is a tiger and vaguely is a bee. However you don't know them like I do.

Also Pick my niece got to hold a hissing cockroach at a museum and reminded me that she wants one from that website. So again, my sister sends her thanks for that.

They're wonderful pets!!

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Captain Candiru posted:

SLUUUUUUUT.

Edit: I'm just glad you're not drunk posting.
i don't want ariel's blood on my hands

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

detectivemonkey posted:

Your niece got to hold a Republican Congressman? What a strange museum.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
av i do not know your story but i wish you well in your recent familial hardships

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Captain Candiru posted:

Well, the reason I'm trying to stop is because I have a few relatives that find "the R-word" extremely offensive.

oh, i see

well in that case etc

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

BloodWulfe posted:

i've decided to give it a shot

i hope you can bear the burden of influencing my decision to play a 3~ year old video game

Just give it a chance. Go into it with wonder and an open mind. Understand it's a game that gets bad reviews, but that reviewers are looking for something you might not be. Realize the story you're playing is fundamentally different than that of DAO, thematically. And enjoy :3:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I wasn't being sarcastic about the roaches either, in terms of good pets for kids they are such an excellent choice. Hard to kill and eat garbage. Like a little tiny crusty dog.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

detectivemonkey posted:

real talk hissing cockroaches are awesome critters

i had a job years ago where absolutely no one would touch them unless it was under penalty of being fired

they're super cool wingless buggers, but i guess their climbing abilities, and, uh, being cockroaches, upset most people

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Avshalom posted:

anyway i'm sorry for taking my anger out on ladythread but i think i've spent it all now

monkey i hope your new plants thrive :3: eggplant is my fave

I'm a fairly recent fan and am now sad about the years of eggplant-eating that I've missed. I've gotten one little tomato so fat, but more are coming. As long as I get the obscene amount of zucchini promised by anyone who has ever had one zucchini plant, I will be happy with my garden.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i'm drunk posting. i freely admit it with pride. anyone else have balls enough to admit it??

edit: poo poo i meant to qoute that post about drunk posting, pretend i did

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pick posted:

I wasn't being sarcastic about the roaches either, in terms of good pets for kids they are such an excellent choice. Hard to kill and eat garbage. Like a little tiny crusty dog.

yeah but if you lose them...

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
hissing roaches are always a big hit at children's outreach stuff

hssss! :3:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Light-Bearer posted:

i'm drunk posting. i freely admit it with pride. anyone else have balls enough to admit it??

edit: poo poo i meant to qoute that post about drunk posting, pretend i did

I'm at work again.

So yes.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Pick posted:

I think I'll get her one for Christmas if I'm allowed. She's good with even kill-able pets (the family has 2 dogs and 6 cats) but she needs a nice bug friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pick posted:

hissing roaches are always a big hit at children's outreach stuff

hssss! :3:

dont pass the roach

• Locked thread