Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Avshalom posted:

Thank you for the advice! I graduate in six months and will keep you updated on my progress, and I'll be ordering pizza in ~30 minutes so I'll update you on that as well.

Were you really just going to go out and start trying to draw for money?

bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Is it weird to eat grapes with mac & cheese? Cause I'm eating grapes with mac & cheese.

Not IN mac & cheese, just WITH it. Important distinction.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
How is it?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

razorrozar posted:

Is it weird to eat grapes with mac & cheese? Cause I'm eating grapes with mac & cheese.

i want to say yes but i have had grapes in fondue and enjoyed it so i will reserve judgment. what's important is that you like it.

paragon1 posted:

My emergency go to is to find a 24 hour convenience place selling lovely frozen pizzas. CVS is usually good for that.

i used up the last of my lovely frozen pizza earlier this week and also burned my arm doing so. i don't think operating an oven is the right choice for me at this juncture, nor driving.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Misandrist Duck posted:

I am okay. I had to work late tonight so now I am just sitting here.

You folks with CPR training are good people, thank you for everything you do. I dated a nurse-in-training once and had to be their play-thing for training :sweatdrop:

You 'dated' Resusci Anne?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

paragon1 posted:

How is it?

Pretty good! They're red grapes that are just a tiny bit sour and the cheese offsets that without overpowering it. Definitely one of my better 3AM food ideas.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

razorrozar posted:

I think once you've decided to eat mac & cheese, all boundaries of propriety have long since vanished.

e:

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 13, 2014

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
If it tastes good, then who cares if it's weird?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

paragon1 posted:

Get the masters and go into advertising so you can get high quality prostitutes and drugs, then post about it.
That's exactly what I'll do, describing all the kinky sex in excruciating detail. (Please note I'm literally Ariel Sharon IRL.)

SedanChair posted:

Were you really just going to go out and start trying to draw for money?

bro
Haha no, not really, I'm graduating with a graphic design degree and I've just done a five-month internship at an illustration studio so I sort of know where to start. I'm mostly just looking for the safest option at this point because I'm a timid and unadventurous person.

Speaking of timid and unadventurous, tonight I'm having a medium-sized vegetarian supreme pizza from a local franchise. Thanks for reading.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Update: the grape juice leaked into the bottom of the bowl and made the last few bites of pasta taste weirdly sweet. That part wasn't so good. On the whole though, 6/10, would eat again if I had the munchies or was mildly drunk.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Avshalom posted:

Haha no, not really, I'm graduating with a graphic design degree and I've just done a five-month internship at an illustration studio so I sort of know where to start. I'm mostly just looking for the safest option at this point because I'm a timid and unadventurous person.

Not sure if it works the same way in Australia but if you're dead set on getting a masters in a business field the smart play is to go ahead and find a job now and finagle your way into getting them to pay for the masters.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Update: The pizza has eggplant and also a delicious aioli, A+.

comes along bort posted:

Not sure if it works the same way in Australia but if you're dead set on getting a masters in a business field the smart play is to go ahead and find a job now and finagle your way into getting them to pay for the masters.
I'd actually forgotten that was an option, thanks for reminding me!

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

R. Mute posted:

i'll give one to you: from now on, you start every post with the words "as an idiot fucker,"

you're welcome

The user name "Amergin" is already taken.

XyloJW posted:

Pretty alright. I took a CPR course today, so now I'm certified to give people tracheotomies with a pen.

I need to get recertified. My WFR expired back in 2009, and there's no place for 1000 miles that can do the recert. Best option is to get a WFA and a CPR for professionals cert somewhere.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Avshalom posted:

That's exactly what I'll do, describing all the kinky sex in excruciating detail. (Please note I'm literally Ariel Sharon IRL.)

Speaking of timid and unadventurous, tonight I'm having a medium-sized vegetarian supreme pizza from a local franchise. Thanks for reading.

Does that have cheese on it? Or is it a vegan thing to not eat cheese?

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Avshalom posted:

Update: The pizza has eggplant and also a delicious aioli, A+.

You're eating a pizza with mayonnaise on it. I mean, I'm not judging, I'm just pointing that out.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

moller posted:

You're eating a pizza with mayonnaise on it. I mean, I'm not judging, I'm just pointing that out.

It's all the same comin' out, what's the difference! :shrug:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It feels really good outside right now, so I went out and had a smoke. Now I'm chilling on the couch with my ferret.

(She didn't seem too keen on having her picture taken)

It has been a good morning.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

It turns out my dad wasn't with Ollie North! He's just a piece of human poo poo who lied about everything other than being a Republican! He's a fake marine instead of a real one so I don't need to deal with any awkward poo poo at all!

Also I was an accident resulting from a one-night-stand. :v:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Does that have cheese on it? Or is it a vegan thing to not eat cheese?
I'm not sure, but I don't think the aioli is vegan either. I'm a meat fan though, I just really like this particular vegetarian pizza. I hope you've all enjoyed reading about my food.

ErichZahn posted:

It turns out my dad wasn't with Ollie North! He's just a piece of human poo poo who lied about everything other than being a Republican! He's a fake marine instead of a real one so I don't need to deal with any awkward poo poo at all!

:stare:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dude, I really like your music. I think maybe I shouldn't listen to it when I'm stoned though. I've seen some freaky poo poo.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Avshalom posted:

I'm not sure, but I don't think the aioli is vegan either. I'm a meat fan though, I just really like this particular vegetarian pizza. I hope you've all enjoyed reading about my food.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
Get the masters before the government hikes prices, avshalom

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

ErichZahn posted:

Holy goddamn, man.

Cercadelmar
Jan 4, 2014

ErichZahn posted:

Hooray?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

ErichZahn posted:

Wait what? Post more about this.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

ErichZahn posted:

I had the opposite experience. All the bullshit stories my dad told wound up being proved true. Including knowing one of the guys who was there when Che was killed.

In food news: Pizza Hutt has a TMNT pizza special. I am being highly amused by people who are not general Ninja(Hero) Turtle fans discovering they like the Mikey. (Pepperoni, Pineapple, Jalepeno)

Right now, I am working on writing a video game. I have discovered a logically necessary design task has never been done in games that anyone can notice. This both confuses me and makes me very happy. It's not even that difficult. The closest analogy is one of those shoot em up end bosses with the three parts you had to shoot in the right order.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jul 13, 2014

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Warcabbit posted:

In food news: Pizza Hutt has a TMNT pizza special. I am being highly amused by people who are not general Ninja(Hero) Turtle fans discovering they like the Mikey. (Pepperoni, Pineapple, Jalepeno)

Pineapple on pizza is a goddamn travesty. :can:

Warcabbit posted:

Right now, I am working on writing a video game. I have discovered a logically necessary design task has never been done in games that anyone can notice. This both confuses me and makes me very happy. It's not even that difficult. The closest analogy is one of those shoot em up end bosses with the three parts you had to shoot in the right order.

This sounds quite interesting, can you expand on it?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

razorrozar posted:

Pineapple on pizza is a goddamn travesty. :can:
Shut the front door. Pineapple is a delight, and I will hear no statements to the contrary.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Warcabbit posted:

I had the opposite experience. All the bullshit stories my dad told wound up being proved true. Including knowing one of the guys who was there when Che was killed.

Few years back the guy who does the Angry Video Game Nerd videos hosted a party where they were eating pizzas with toppings from the TMNT cartoon. It's pretty amusing.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Ogmius815 posted:

Is FivethirtyEight good now? I remember when the site launched and a lot of people said it had a lot of problems. Have they fixed those or does it still suck? I really only read fivethirtyeight for the electoral projections and I can get my sports analysis elsewhere.
Don't ever, ever, ever read 538 when they write about football (soccer). It's literally offensive how useless it is and how shamefully they're fishing for the clicks of American stat-autists. 538 made a name for itself predicting the most predictable election in a long time and now they're cashing in.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

ufarn posted:

Shut the front door. Pineapple is a delight, and I will hear no statements to the contrary.

That's a pity, since your opinion, like Pineapple on pizza, is wrong and bad.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I'm going to add it to the rules thread that disparaging pineapple, on burgers or on pizza, is now bannable.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Captain_Maclaine posted:

That's a pity, since your opinion, like Pineapple on pizza, is wrong and bad.

This, but the opposite.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

XyloJW posted:

I'm going to add it to the rules thread that disparaging pineapple, on burgers or on pizza, is now bannable.

It's a perfectly serviceable fruit that tastes fine on its own or with other fruit and stuff. I just don't see the benefit of putting cheese and tomato sauce on a fruit.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

XyloJW posted:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

razorrozar posted:

It's a perfectly serviceable fruit that tastes fine on its own or with other fruit and stuff. I just don't see the benefit of putting cheese and tomato sauce on a fruit.

One time I went to this gelatto shop in Gainesville, and they had a deal that if you buy a sandwich you get a "free" gelatto (it was basically a combo, but whatever), so I got the most delicious sandwich ever and a serving of gelatto on the side for like $6. The sandwich was a smoked turkey and swiss, with deli-sliced-thin slices of grilled apple on it, so let me loving tell you man, cheese absolutely goes on fruit.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I'm a vegetarian, so I'm desperate enough to find toppings as it is.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

XyloJW posted:

One time I went to this gelatto shop in Gainesville, and they had a deal that if you buy a sandwich you get a "free" gelatto (it was basically a combo, but whatever), so I got the most delicious sandwich ever and a serving of gelatto on the side for like $6. The sandwich was a smoked turkey and swiss, with deli-sliced-thin slices of grilled apple on it, so let me loving tell you man, cheese absolutely goes on fruit.

Not gonna lie, that sounds delicious.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

XyloJW posted:

That does sound really good. But deli Swiss and apple is a far cry from pizza-joint mozzarella and pineapple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I'm a loving dumbass, why am I bitching about cheese on fruit

razorrozar posted:

• Locked thread