Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

vaguely posted:

give it here

I think dancing avatar person has dibs. You should want that landjaeger, though. It was so good.

Edit: Apparently they ship:
http://www.wisconsinrivermeats.com/landjaeger_4lbs.asp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Fill in the blank: on twitter, a nazi would get upset if another user they were talking with was Jewish, half black, half French(?), and _______?

They already think I'm Jewish I need some other stuff. Jewish and Muslim?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Fill in the blank: on twitter, a nazi would get upset if another user they were talking with was Jewish, half black, half French(?), and _______?

Homosexual, Communist or Roma

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Okay, all of the parts added up will not equal one, but these do not seem like math people

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

In a realtionship with a blonde protestant.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Okay. I have a few more characters

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

Avshalom posted:

i don't want ariel's blood on my hands

This post made me laugh. Av's relationship with Ariel Sharon has been such an unexpected delight.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I pointed out that white people were part Neanderthal and now they're trying to get my account suspended

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

solovyov posted:

This post made me laugh. Av's relationship with Ariel Sharon has been such an unexpected delight.

haha, he seems to be a pretty good spirit guide

I pointed out that white people were part Neanderthal and now they're trying to get my account suspended

lmao brilliant

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
They don't truly love white people, otherwise they would embrace the Neanderthal parts of us.

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

Meis posted:

haha, he seems to be a pretty good spirit guide

I prefer to think he is trapped in purgatory and Av is leading him on a journey to cleanse his soul.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Crow Jane posted:

Homosexual, Communist or Roma

slav, central asian, polish

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

that's fantastic

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

solovyov posted:

I prefer to think he is trapped in purgatory and Av is leading him on a journey to cleanse his soul.

they're helping each otehr

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
since i finished The Best And The Brightest a few days ago, i decided to watch a few episodes of Vietnam The Ten Thousand Day War. on the one about dien bien phu

when you fight a war, it's extremely good to assume that your enemies are either dumb or lazy, this idea will in no way backfire

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Av, are most Ashkenazi Jews are white according to genetic testing?

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp
Best buy had tigers licking themselves in ultra hd and it made me consider going to a zoo.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Vagithug posted:

Best buy had tigers licking themselves in ultra hd and it made me consider going to a zoo.

I recommend philadelphia zoo. They have gorillas

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Vagithug posted:

I keep meaning to visit one myself. I really don't take advantage of DC as often as I should, and their zoo is great (and free!)

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Oh yeah DC zoo is good too

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

I recommend philadelphia zoo. They have gorillas

That is a bit far from California...

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Vagithug posted:

That is a bit far from California...

San Diego zoo. They have bonobos

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Oh yeah DC zoo is good too

Baltimore's isn't bad either (I could watch the chimps for days), but it's pretty expensive and not very big. A giraffe once drooled on my head there, it was gross and funny at the same time

As long as you're here... have you seen Crazy Mike lately? I haven't been yelled at by him for months, I'm starting to get worried

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Crow Jane posted:

Baltimore's isn't bad either (I could watch the chimps for days), but it's pretty expensive and not very big. A giraffe once drooled on my head there, it was gross and funny at the same time

As long as you're here... have you seen Crazy Mike lately? I haven't been yelled at by him for months, I'm starting to get worried

I saw him by one world roughly two months ago. Not since. I get more worried about him in winter, I have no clue how he does not freeze to death

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I saw him by one world roughly two months ago. Not since. I get more worried about him in winter, I have no clue how he does not freeze to death

From what someone told me, he actually lives in a halfway house in Remington

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I want to go to the zoo, but I don't have anyone to go with so it makes me sad, and then I don't, and then in sad because I haven't been to the zoo yet.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Iron Crowned posted:

I want to go to the zoo, but I don't have anyone to go with so it makes me sad, and then I don't, and then in sad because I haven't been to the zoo yet.

I went alone for a project over my spring break. It was fine, I had to spend all day in the primate center and talked with the docents (volunteer experts that some good zoos have to answer questions in exhibits) and some other people filtering through. Bring a good camera, and a cell phone with 4g or wifi if you see something cool and want to look up more info on it. You can even talk to the keepers sometimes. Nobody is going to think anything of a single guy there taking pictures of the animals

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Yeah, as long as you don't hang out around the childrens' exhibits wearing a trenchcoat and muttering to yourself, you'll probably be fine

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I went alone for a project over my spring break. It was fine, I had to spend all day in the primate center and talked with the docents (volunteer experts that some good zoos have to answer questions in exhibits) and some other people filtering through. Bring a good camera, and a cell phone with 4g or wifi if you see something cool and want to look up more info on it. You can even talk to the keepers sometimes. Nobody is going to think anything of a single guy there taking pictures of the animals

I agree. There is no shame in going to a zoo solo!

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
One of the best realizations I ever made is that there is nothing wrong with going out alone. I used to sit at restaurants while waiting for the rest of my party and think everyone was think about how alone I am and what a terrible person I must be to have absolutely no friends who want to get a drink or whatever.

Then I realized that I've never once had that thought about someone else. I wouldn't notice if someone was alone at the zoo.

Freeing yourself from the need to look at your phone expectantly and then make your best "we were supposed to meet 5 minutes ago I can't believe that she's not here yet, she's such a flake but likes me a lot because I am a fun person and a good friend" face is a wonderful thing.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im glad extreme insertion is back

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
If I held off on doing something until I had someone to do it with, I would miss out on a lot. Doing stuff by yourself and following your own schedule is great.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I will admit that if there's a movie or show I want to see (even something on Netflix or HBO), I prefer watching it with my boyfriend. If it's something he'd have no interest in, of course, I watch it by myself or with friends, but if it's something we'd both enjoy it's nice to watch it together so we can talk about it afterwards

I have no problem with occasionally taking myself out for lunch or stopping for a solo drink on my way home from work, and have actually met some pretty cool people that way

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

watching fightern gaems

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

NecroMonster posted:

watching fightern gaems

Metanaut posted:

A fighting game champion gracefully exits the arena :

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Schmeichy posted:

I think dancing avatar person has dibs. You should want that landjaeger, though. It was so good.

Edit: Apparently they ship:
http://www.wisconsinrivermeats.com/landjaeger_4lbs.asp

I just skipped to the latest page is dancing av person me and what do I have dibs on

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

I love the zoo but the nearest one from me is kinda awkward to get to without a car :(
whenever I go visit my family I like to go to the zoo with my mum though :3:

WindmillSlayer posted:

I just skipped to the latest page is dancing av person me and what do I have dibs on
garlic cheese

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

boyfriend is making his wonderful lasagne
I put 6 cloves of garlic in the red sauce :3:
it is going to own so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

vaguely posted: