Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Auf geht's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bondetamp
Aug 8, 2011

Could you have been born, Richardson? And not egg-hatched as I've always assumed? Did your mother hover over you, snaggle-toothed and doting as you now hover over me?
I'd like to say that I'm cheering for both teams, like the Eichman family, but secretly I'm rooting for Germany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOOi6sj8NdM

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?
Germany 4-1 Müller.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

So, scores and first goalscorer. One guess each. If anyone gets it then my wife will knit them a mini TRP scarf. No idea how mini but low end something a barbie doll would wear if it understood the offside rule, high end a full sized footy scarf if she's feeling generous. No promises where in between it'll fall. Colour to be decided by what she has spare, to be posted no later than October. The design is up to her but will involve either "TRP" or "The Ray Parlour" on it.

If no one gets it or the winner doesn't trust a dirty gooner with their address then The Finn gets the scarf as a leaving present. Unless he doesn't trust me either.

No goal, [team] to win on penalties is a bad guess but an eligible guess. Just "no scorer 0-0" isn't. A score draw is fine without saying who will win.

no editing your post after making a guess or it is disqualified. Badly spelt names will be mocked but allowed.

Germany 2-0, Müller to score first.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
I wish Badstuber were here for this. :( :)

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
LU Germany (same as vs. Brazil/France):
1 NEUER (GK)
4 HÖWEDES
5 HUMMELS
6 KHEDIRA
7 SCHWEINSTEIGER
8 ÖZIL
11 KLOSE
13 MÜLLER
16 LAHM (C)
18 KROOS
20 BOATENG

LU Argentina (no Di Maria):
1 ROMERO (GK)
2 GARAY
4 ZABALETA
6 BIGLIA
8 PEREZ
9 HIGUAIN
10 MESSI (C)
14 MASCHERANO
15 DEMICHELIS
16 ROJO
22 LAVEZZI

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

2-1 germany in extra time, messi to score first

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

there's only one downside to an argentina win and that's Lucas Biglia, world cup winner

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?
HELP HOW DO I STREAM THIS FOR FREE? I dont have comcast or AT&T or anything like that, so ESPNlive is not an option! I dont even have a television!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Argentina wins 2-1, Higuain scores first.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
my hype levels are through the fuckin roof lads COME ON

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Today, in the soccer, we are rooting for the superior white aryans who helped my Finnish relatives brutally murder millions of communists in lulzy ways, as for argentina, i hope they are all crying beside their black and white poverty tv's and i hope more of them die in a foolish war against the british.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Filippo Corridoni posted:

HELP HOW DO I STREAM THIS FOR FREE? I dont have comcast or AT&T or anything like that, so ESPNlive is not an option! I dont even have a television!

reddit has a subreddit stream_links . pretty soon there will probably be a match thread with various languages, etc

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

wiziwig.tv

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Also it's nearly here and I'm loving Ready

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
So I just had sex and now I'm cracking open a beer and sitting down to watch the World Cup Final. Life is loving sweet.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
3-1 Germany, muller first goal

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
It's nearly here and I'm still not even completely sure what time kickoff is.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

http://www.tvcatchup.com/ will have the ITV and BBC broadcast

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

putin shaking hands with club brugge's owner. finally confirmation that our oligarch is in the big leagues. hell, i'm hating it, but he owns the club soo

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

So, scores and first goalscorer. One guess each. If anyone gets it then my wife will knit them a mini TRP scarf. No idea how mini but low end something a barbie doll would wear if it understood the offside rule, high end a full sized footy scarf if she's feeling generous. No promises where in between it'll fall. Colour to be decided by what she has spare, to be posted no later than October. The design is up to her but will involve either "TRP" or "The Ray Parlour" on it.

If no one gets it or the winner doesn't trust a dirty gooner with their address then The Finn gets the scarf as a leaving present. Unless he doesn't trust me either.

No goal, [team] to win on penalties is a bad guess but an eligible guess. Just "no scorer 0-0" isn't. A score draw is fine without saying who will win.

no editing your post after making a guess or it is disqualified. Badly spelt names will be mocked but allowed.

3-1 to Germany, Hummels to score first.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

belgend posted:

putin shaking hands with club brugge's owner. finally confirmation that our oligarch is in the big leagues. hell, i'm hating it, but he owns the club soo

no one gives a poo poo gently caress off

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

corn in the fridge posted:

So I just had sex and now I'm cracking open a beer and sitting down to watch the World Cup Final. Life is loving sweet.

you were great im still sore

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
gently caress it boys I'm hyped. Get the gently caress in. I'm in Tallinn visiting pals and they've got massive screens up in Freedom Square and you can drink in public so we're gonna get hammered on vodka and sing German songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j09hpp3AxIE

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Smeef posted:

It's nearly here and I'm still not even completely sure what time kickoff is.

i still believe you have 1 hour op

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
I love ESPN showing all the shots of the players kits and gear before the matches.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
rip finn, all the liverpool fans are for sure getting banned without our admin shield so i'll see you on the other side

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

i still believe you have 1 hour op

he does

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
this World Cup was my first time hanging out in TRP, and I've really enjoyed it. I've enjoyed the camaraderie, the trashtalking, and also good modding.

but mostly I've enjoyed the fact that the Netherlands didn't make it to the final because of oliwan

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Hegay posted:

no one gives a poo poo gently caress off

maracana scoops hegay, no need to troll

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

belgend posted:

post your tiny troony balls and GTFO

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

belgend posted:

WHO CARES

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

belgend posted:

maracana scoops hegay, no need to troll

i wasnt trolling, no one cares

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

*durr some obscure gay belgian thing nobody cares about*

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
:siren: MARTIN DEMICHELIS IS PLAYING IN A WORLD CUP FINAL :siren:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Juanito posted:

this World Cup was my first time hanging out in TRP, and I've really enjoyed it. I've enjoyed the camaraderie, the trashtalking, and also good modding.

but mostly I've enjoyed the fact that the Netherlands didn't make it to the final because of oliwan

that guy is the worst

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Juanito posted:

you'll fit in just fine here, friend

Hegay posted:

i wasnt trolling, no one cares

this ffs

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Eau de MacGowan posted:

:siren: MARTIN DEMICHELIS IS PLAYING IN A WORLD CUP FINAL :siren:

hmm looks like i have to adjust the contrast on my smartphone cam then

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Going to watch the final in the bath with some beers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Masonity posted:

Competition Time

2-0
Boateng

• Locked thread