Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

The only anime I've ever seen was Spirited Away and yet because of the internet a part of my brain that could be doing something useful instead knows that this is Sailor/Freddy Mercury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

omg that is so random! lol!

There's a whole tumblr full of 'em for all your lolrandom needs.

e:

One Swell Foop posted:

The only anime I've ever seen was Spirited Away and yet because of the internet a part of my brain that could be doing something useful instead knows that this is Sailor/Freddy Mercury.

Let's be honest, that part of our brains wasn't really going to be doing anything useful.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

razorrozar posted:

I don't know if I feel worse for the cat or the worker.

Also, gently caress DamnLol and their monkeycheese taglines.

This cat is standing in mid air that deck is a few feet off the ground and he's left it. Cool that he's making also making a face while levitating from the scene of the crime. Strangely the footprints all seem to be pointed the opposite direction. This is fake, I have deemed it so. Nothing gets past this guy.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Krinkle posted:

This cat is standing in mid air that deck is a few feet off the ground and he's left it. Cool that he's making also making a face while levitating from the scene of the crime. Strangely the footprints all seem to be pointed the opposite direction. This is fake, I have deemed it so. Nothing gets past this guy.

Pull the lemon out of your rear end.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Krinkle posted:

Also the dog or whatever that actually walked there is still in the background in front of that greenish yellow truck, apparently taking a dump on the lawn.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Also that's not even the same building!

edit: Damnlol? More like DamnLIE!

marshmallow creep has a new favorite as of 20:47 on Jul 13, 2014

lamey_whinehouse
Jul 5, 2007

by Smythe

Ofaloaf posted:

The worst dictator on earth embracing Kim Jong-Un.

LOL

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sailor Mercury here keeps coming back to these picture threads, no matter what they're actually about.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Ofaloaf posted:

The worst dictator on earth embracing Kim Jong-Un.

Whoa! Look at the political wit on this guy! Edgy as gently caress!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

A real business, not some viral marketing thing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Robert Denby posted:

A real business, not some viral marketing thing.

I'm assuming it's an installer of automatic opening doors?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Nah. It's a camera setup with remote access operators to open/unlock the doors for people who are supposed to be there or managed to lock themselves out.

Apparently it's a company run out of florida via internet.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Nah. It's a camera setup with remote access operators to open/unlock the doors for people who are supposed to be there or managed to lock themselves out.

Apparently it's a company run out of florida via internet.

But what if I actually want a virtual door, man?

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin
Poor guy, his car used to be an Escalade. By pure coincidence, my Civic just turned into an XTS.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

RolandTower posted:

Poor guy, his car used to be an Escalade. By pure coincidence, my Civic just turned into an XTS.

Hey, me too. Some bastard replaced mine with a catalytic converter.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Trevor Scantron
Nov 6, 2009

RolandTower posted:

For real though, gently caress these people. They steal the catalytic converters (mostly off of 4runners) and sell them for like $50 and cost the car owner several hundred.

edit: I lived in a high-risk converter theft area and just welded in a pipe after the first time it happened.

Trevor Scantron has a new favorite as of 02:30 on Jul 14, 2014

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

"What a strange figurine..."

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LoonShia posted:

I dunno, I kinda want one.

Serperoth posted:

A darn shame that's what you're looking for. A shame that this case isn't for a Galaxy phone.

VV: That's why I'm sad it's not for a Galaxy. :)

both of you come to my custom phone case thread now
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3640809

Fauxtool has a new favorite as of 05:11 on Jul 14, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

"What a strange figurine..."

You're garbage, and I'm gonna treat you like garbage - in the DISPOSAL!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

keen-o

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Barack-ing Bad

:downsrim:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I like to imagine that this isn't the moment it began, but that they're just really strict and that kid has to tough it out for the next 30 minutes.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

theflyingorc posted:

I like to imagine that this isn't the moment it began, but that they're just really strict and that kid has to tough it out for the next 30 minutes.

Looks like it no one is looking at him in surprise.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
"Can I at least lean to the side Sir? No? Just right in the face then?"

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
pyf damnlol.com pics

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

E-- Wrong thread.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The greatest troll of or time has shown his hand. On the day of a new Smash Bros character reveal, this has been posted.

This isn't a hoax, this is actually the pic of the day. We're still not entirely sure what to make of it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cleretic posted:

The greatest troll of or time has shown his hand. On the day of a new Smash Bros character reveal, this has been posted.

This isn't a hoax, this is actually the pic of the day. We're still not entirely sure what to make of it.

Rayman is evidently easier to make than a playable female assassin, though.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Cleretic posted:

Okay, what am I not seeing here?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Nastyman posted:

Rayman is the new character that still has to be revealed?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nastyman posted:

Smash Bros. is a game that takes a bunch of well-known (and some not well-known) Nintendo characters and lets you play as them in fights. In the last game they had two "third party" characters-- Sonic the Hedgehog from Sega and Solid Snake from Konami. In the upcoming game they've announced three third party characters so far-- Mega Man from Capcom, Sonic the Hedgehog from Sega, and Pac-Man from Namco. This past week it was announced on the official website that they were revealing a new character to the Smash Bros. franchise--not necessarily a third party character--this Monday, today.

Well just this morning they revealed a new third party "trophy" that you can collect in the single player mode-- the character Rayman from Ubi Soft. Not only is there no precedence for a Ubi Soft character in a Smash Bros. game but there is no precedence for third party trophies of non-playable characters either. Not only that but it makes no logistical sense for them to announce a trophy of a new third party character before the playable version of said character if said character is playable at all. So no one really knows what to make of this announcement other than maybe "someone dun goofed" and revealed the trophy before the character was revealed.

Christ proofreading that felt like I just drafted a loving legal document. Hope that clears it up!

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

mind the walrus posted:

Smash Bros. is a game that takes a bunch of well-known (and some not well-known) Nintendo characters and lets you play as them in fights. In the last game they had two "third party" characters-- Sonic the Hedgehog from Sega and Solid Snake from Konami. In the upcoming game they've announced three third party characters so far-- Mega Man from Capcom, Sonic the Hedgehog from Sega, and Pac-Man from Namco. This past week it was announced on the official website that they were revealing a new character to the Smash Bros. franchise--not necessarily a third party character--this Monday, today.

Well just this morning they revealed a new third party "trophy" that you can collect in the single player mode-- the character Rayman from Ubi Soft. Not only is there no precedence for a Ubi Soft character in a Smash Bros. game but there is no precedence for third party trophies of non-playable characters either. Not only that but it makes no logistical sense for them to announce a trophy of a new third party character before the playable version of said character if said character is playable at all. So no one really knows what to make of this announcement other than maybe "someone dun goofed" and revealed the trophy before the character was revealed.

Christ proofreading that felt like I just drafted a loving legal document. Hope that clears it up!

I probably shouldn't have asked, this is making me uncomfortable but I don't know why. :psyduck:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mind the walrus posted:

:goonsay:

Thank you for your thorough explanation.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
As far as "Nintendo games: srs business" goes, Super Smash Bros. is outdone only by Pokemon.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
Oh my aching sides

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nastyman posted:

I probably shouldn't have asked, this is making me uncomfortable but I don't know why. :psyduck:

Smash Bros. games are the perfect translation of nostalgic masturbation into video game form. Literally everything in the games from the items to the stages is a reference to something in another Nintendo game, sometimes with breathtaking obscurity and presented with a true fan's attention to accuracy. By raw coincidence it also happens to be a rocking party game for casual players and somehow a highly competitive pro scene (I am dead serious) has sprung up around the series, despite active efforts by the creators to dissuade such a scene.

I happen to be totally into the circlejerk and have been since I was like 10. That's how I'm able to be so utterly :goonsay: about it with the same starchy professionalism you expect from a mid-priced accountant.

razorrozar posted:

As far as "Nintendo games: srs business" goes, Super Smash Bros. is outdone only by Pokemon.

Which is weird because despite their best efforts Pokemon still seems to have really shallow combat. I know and expect someone to :goonsay: me on that, but seriously it really seems that way in spite of all the IVs and EVs and item-holding and whatever.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

mind the walrus posted:

Which is weird because despite their best efforts Pokemon still seems to have really shallow combat. I know and expect someone to :goonsay: me on that, but seriously it really seems that way in spite of all the IVs and EVs and item-holding and whatever.

Instead of :spergin: about Pokemon I will merely direct you to its thread, where a bunch of people (myself included) are all :qqsay: because the guys who run the metagame are insane.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Well, I thought the Rayman trophy announcement was funny. Sakurai just decided 'yeah, let's drop the most baffling loving bombshell we've got, eight hours from our new character announcement'.

I guess you needed to see the reactions.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 11:21 on Jul 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The reactions are fantastic. You seriously could not have done a better job of confusing the gently caress out of the fans today.

• Locked thread