Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I have a cosplay outfit but I only wear it at Halloween. I would like to go to a con here (because duh, Japan) but they're expensive crowded and crazy.

E; I cosplay as an orgasmic beluga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Well, someone actually sent me a threatening letter in my mailbox (since I just got home to a week's worth of back-mail).

Hey Lowtax, I know we're all for fun laughs here, but is this really what you were going for?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'd rather go to gay day than be with a bunch of star wars nerds.

w/e, you'll be jealous when i'm hugging chewbacca

but i hope you have fun at gay day if you ever go

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Lowtax, people are sending threatening letters to my house.

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Pick posted:

Well, someone actually sent me a threatening letter in my mailbox (since I just got home to a week's worth of back-mail).

Hey Lowtax, I know we're all for fun laughs here, but is this really what you were going for?

post the letter!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

How do you know it's a goon?

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Pick posted:

Seriously despicable. Come on people what the gently caress.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WindmillSlayer posted:

post the letter!

I'm not posting the letter, I'm throwing it away. I'm sorry but this poo poo is really far past the threshold where I feel I should roll with it.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

Please go watch it.

i shall, some day

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pick posted:

OMG. Pick, I'm so sorry that this poo poo got crazy and people suck.

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Pick posted:

I'm not posting the letter, I'm throwing it away. I'm sorry but this poo poo is really far past the threshold where I feel I should roll with it.

aww man :saddowns: it loving sucks someone figured out where you live to sent hate mail, thats super creepy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This is the only place I use the handle "Pick".

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Pick posted:

holy gently caress

whoever that was can't even pretend that they're just doing stuff to be funny now, jesus

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it probably said in the letter, moron

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Pick posted:

What the actual gently caress.

What are they cross about? Your comic? Jesus Christ people are retarded

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I'm really sorry, pick. Goons can be so lovely sometimes

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Meis posted:

holy gently caress

whoever that was can't even pretend that they're just doing stuff to be funny now, jesus

it probably said in the letter, moron

It was a legit question, sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

God I was hearing about something like this from someone else, this woman who dared to suggest that maybe games and games journalism are largely lovely, she had the same thing happen.

It's like.. I don't even have words for those kinds of freaks

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It was a legit question, sorry if I hurt your feelings.

you did not, but thank you for your concern :)

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
something sensitive for teh win

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This is going to require a think, but this is probably the point where it's too much. Being called a pedophile and being stalked and then being harassed for responding exactly the way everyone else in GBS does when someone is being insane is one thing, and the PMs and Tumblr messages, but I am not going to accept IRL stalking. This site needs to get its poo poo together.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Now you know why I use my parents address for any internet stuff. I'll let them get murdered over me, and they agree with the decision.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFsslwfLIWA

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

what kind of hosed up weirdo would even do something like that? How loving pathetic do you have to be?

e: not talking about mermaids lol

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
did this happen before or after your kickstarter

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
that is hosed Up. you can always count on ss when it comes to caring way too much about internet poo poo, its literally what the forum is based on.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'd rather go to gay day than be with a bunch of star wars nerds.

Every day is gay day if you chat with cast members.

Pick posted:

This is going to require a think, but this is probably the point where it's too much. Being called a pedophile and being stalked and then being harassed for responding exactly the way everyone else in GBS does when someone is being insane is one thing, and the PMs and Tumblr messages, but I am not going to accept IRL stalking. This site needs to get its poo poo together.

Jesus Christ.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pick posted:

I'm not sure what they're supposed to do though, sadly, there's no real answer to the problem.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Titty Warlord posted:

did this happen before or after your kickstarter

I can't know exactly when it got here since it's in a week's worth of mail.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

InvisibleMonkey posted:

that is hosed Up. you can always count on ss when it comes to caring way too much about internet poo poo, its literally what the forum is based on.

I am not convinced it's coming from SS at this point.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Meis posted:

what kind of hosed up weirdo would even do something like that? How loving pathetic do you have to be?

e: not talking about mermaids lol

it can also apply to that video tho

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Meis posted:

you have no idea the level of psychosis people need to do this poo poo, and it's sadly more prevalent than you think.

Pick, we may not see eye to eye but had I known about stalking and other poo poo because of this dead, gay, not quite comedy site I would have done something about it. It's one thing to go "ha-ha you're weird." and another to send a letter. gently caress these psychos.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Titty Warlord posted:

i love cons

example: star citizen

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm not sure what they're supposed to do though, sadly, there's no real answer to the problem.

I may not be able to do much but I'd like to help.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Pick posted:

You're cool and I like your animal threads please don't go :(

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pick posted:

Jesus Christ that's loving stupid

sorry Pick

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yeah, whatever sad retard sent that is probably not even on this forum. the problem here is internet.

Pick posted:

why? I don't see the webcomics thread crossing that line, whereas SS is filled with weird bitter nerds who care too much and love internet-detective poo poo.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Pick posted:

it's something sensitive

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

InvisibleMonkey posted:

why? I don't see the webcomics thread crossing that line, whereas SS is filled with weird bitter nerds who care too much and love internet-detective poo poo.

there's more bitter nerds with vendettas against SA than just SS and this isn't their style.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

InvisibleMonkey posted:

The same webcomics thread regulars who misquoted me in the Quotes thread as "go cry to your rapist"? Yes, they're very well-adjusted.

(For the record, Ouija didn't even care about that part when he was posting the comic the first time, just said the dialogue was emo. And even if he had, his experiences don't have anything to do with me because the content he was referring to didn't exist.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Some people just need a good loving slap tbh. What kind of social wilderness do you have to be raised in to think that poo poo is OK?

• Locked thread