Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wait a minute what

what?

what.

what!

seriously what guys what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Brother Entropy posted:

Ubisoft character reveal in 8 hours then?

The moment Aiden Pearce gets announced, tens of thousands of gamers worldwide will commit suicide.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh christ. I know what it is. I know what the announcement is going to be.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

ImpAtom posted:

It's like the Chorus trio, only awful.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

No... not even Sakurai is that cruel.
...Isn't he?!
:shepicide:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Well Legends was at one time an important Wii U exclusive, so I'd guess this is leftover from that. It's odd that Sakurai would choose to showcase a trophy from something that didn't work out like that, but the guy really likes to have fun with these things so more power to him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TARDISman posted:

No... not even Sakurai is that cruel.
...Isn't he?!
:shepicide:

It was one of the first big Wii third-party franchises. It, weirdly, makes more sense than Rayman. I'm not saying it's a sure thing but if we're getting something Ubisoft related... well, Rabbids would make a shitload of sense.

Sherd Red
Mar 23, 2012
I AM A HORRIBLE PUBBIE WHO LIKES TO USE REDDIT MEMES PLEASE MOCK ME EVERY TIME I POST

ImpAtom posted:

And you guys thought that Pac-Man was bad!

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Sakurai, what in the world are you up to?

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013
I can't stop laughing!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Ometeotl posted:

Well Legends was at one time an important Wii U exclusive, so I'd guess this is leftover from that. It's odd that Sakurai would choose to showcase a trophy from something that didn't work out like that, but the guy really likes to have fun with these things so more power to him.

Dev on SSB began what, two years ago? So yeah, I can see this being a holdover from when Legends was expected to be an exclusive.

Maybe Sakurai wants to curate content from a wider range of games than just Nintendo titles this time, so we could see other significant third-party trophies, music, etc, even if those games don't get fighters.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jesus gently caress Sakurai there is no way you can intentionally be this masterful at loving with your fanbase. I swear Nintendo people live in their own loving reality sometimes.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Yo, playable Rayman would be pretty hype. Don't tease my emotions like this. :ohdear:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I can imagine third parties are maybe like "Sure, why not let Nintendo shill our games in Smash Bros. as trophies if they can't be full playable characters?"

And Sakurai likes testing and trolling the Smash Bros. community by constantly changing the rules on what's in the game.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Trophy implies Ubisoft connections but not a character reveal.

Travis Touchdown confirmed.

:kamina:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Pops Mgee posted:

Trophy implies Ubisoft connections but not a character reveal.

Travis Touchdown confirmed.

:kamina:

Don't tease me like this.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

But, but Shulk!!

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
This is the most bizarre thing.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Finally, the most anime loving swordsman is here.

Soral
May 30, 2009

It's Jade from Beyond Good & Evil, the character reveal for smash is to coincide with a surprise launch trailer from Ubisoft for Beyond Good & Evil 2

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I'm so confused right now, you get Rayman in your game to just be a trophy?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

This is Sakurai's punishment for listening to the leakers, confusing/scaring us for the next 8 hours.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I really want to be in the same room as Sakurai right now. He's laughing maniacally.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

On one hand, I want Shulk in, because he's sort of an okay dude, and Xenoblade is quite a nice game and franchise I guess with X coming next year.

On the other hand, i'm all for the mind gently caress followed by the most frantic attempt at reasoning what has happened by some of the more manic Gematsu Leaker truthers out there if he isn't the one announced tonight.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Jump Man
Puck Man
Rock Man
Ray Man

E: Bomber Man confirmed

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

The pic of the day pretty much states he asked ubisoft for stuff for a trophy

Like seriously

what the gently caress, why ask for a 3rd party trophy

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Babe Magnet posted:

Jump Man
Puck Man
Rock Man
Ray Man

Raymond confirmed for Smash.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I hope there's a bunch of random as poo poo third-party assist trophies so the game is just this massive tome of videogame history. Alex Kidd? Sure why not. Master Higgins? Go for it. Earthworm Jim? Fine. Cloud? Limits broken. Scout? Bonk.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Sakurai's must love saying ambiguous things. I bet when a waiter asks him of he wants soup or salad he says "yes "

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
Ed confirmed

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Mercury Crusader posted:

Raymond confirmed for Smash.

Everybody loves raymond!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Babe Magnet posted:

Jump Man
Puck Man
Rock Man
Ray Man

E: Bomber Man confirmed

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

literally nothing can surprise me anymore

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

This obviously means Ubisoft is going to be the theme of the reveal today.

Sam Fisher confirmed for Snake clone.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
© 2014 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., / BANDAI NAMCO Games Inc. / Ubisoft / Electronic Arts / Activision / 2k / Microsoft / Sony / National Basketball Association / The Walt Disney Company

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Neowyrm posted:

Ed confirmed

Double D confirmed as assist trophy.

EDIT: ^Oh god that would leave it open for Disney, Star Wars, Marvel and everything!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm sure one of the early Smash rumours said something about Ubisoft trying to push Rayman into Smash, didn't it? I can't find it right now, Google's already spitting up a million results for this new pic.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

So this means we're getting Ezio, right? We've already got Roger Craig Smith on staff for Sonic. :v:

seriously though what the gently caress is going on

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
How much time is there left until the character reveal? I want answers dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'm sure one of the early Smash rumours said something about Ubisoft trying to push Rayman into Smash, didn't it? I can't find it right now, Google's already spitting up a million results for this new pic.

Guy on NeoGAF whose never outright leaked anything major (like never said "these characters are in!") who often leaks Ubisoft stuff said they had a push back during Rayman Legends coming out.

• Locked thread