Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Maybe I got lucky but I didn't notice any major issues without using body replacers. You can also salvage all kinds of sweet helmets and masks for your crew from Spice of Life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Man I really am getting my poo poo pushed in. I can only get about half of the powder gangers killed in a fight with the NCR, the rest are too far and don't jump into the fray. This is a nice change of pace.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Roobanguy posted:

Just to clarify, the mod requires custom body mods to work properly. You don't need them but some of clothing options that have exposed skin will have wonky textures there. I think that's a decent trade off to not have mods that make it so all dudes have giant dongs.

The body mods do have underwear options, you know.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I tell you, if Portable Tent or The Sink had ammo and weapon displays, it'd be the best player house ever.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm doing a new play-through now with "King of the Ring" active, however it doesn't seem to be working. I've received no message nor seen any terminal with information on how to get to the ring, which I'm assuming is supposed to happen.

Here's my load order:

quote:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
SomeguySeries.esm
FreesideOpen.esm
GtabImprovedAmmoTFRMaster.esm
NVStripOpen.esm
FCOMaster.esm
IWS-Core.esm
Gomorrah Redesigned.esp
New Vegas Redesigned 3.esm
jsawyer.esp
LFox Sink Bug Fixes.esp
FreesideOpenPatch.esp
SaveBartonThorn - Update for SlaveBartonThorn.esm
Tutorial Killer.esp
YEP.esp
Big MT Crater Exit Passage.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
athornysituation.esp
awilderwasteland.esp
betsybrahminFSO.esp
kochandbohr.esp
outsidebets.esp
xatmosSkillPerks.esp
FO1TAG.esp
IWS-DM.esp
IWS-HH.esp
IWS-OWB.esp
IWS-LR.esp
pipboy2500_edisleado.esp
SignatureArmor.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
Sprint Mod.esp
StripOpenMain.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
FCO - GlowingOne.esp
LFox Cannibal Perk Improvements.esp
Cass alternate version.esp
New Vegas Redesigned 3.esp
SlaveBartonThorn.esp
JoeCobbIsFiend.esp
Self-supporting power armor.esp
Fallout 1 and 2 ambient music v0.2.esp
shut up musicspeakers.esp
KingOfTheRing.esp

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Bloodnose posted:

There isn't a readme in the OP. The link just immediately downloads a fomod.

.fomods are more or less renamed .7z archives. The read me is inside, like it is for mos mods, and extracted to your Data Folder when you unpack it. Like every other mod does it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Fewd posted:

I remember hearing people say that even with the underwear options enabled, Legion soldiers and White Legs all run around with their dongs out. Somebody even posted screenshots once after they spent a ton of time trying to get one of the non-nude female body replacers to work so they could use Spice of Life in the first place.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

The Colonel posted:

I remember hearing people say that even with the underwear options enabled, Legion soldiers and White Legs all run around with their dongs out. Somebody even posted screenshots once after they spent a ton of time trying to get one of the non-nude female body replacers to work so they could use Spice of Life in the first place.

This is true for Roberts. Not sure about Breeze. (I think Spice of Life has Breeze compatibility?) In one playthrough I did the legion men kept dying in awkward positions with their dicks pointing through their skirts, and sneaking around with Follows Chalk gave you an unwanted view as well.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

The Colonel posted:

:nexus:

Thankfully I use Breeze and haven't been molested by dongs. Though my Legion is modded and haven't met White Legs yet. I could see myself living a full life without seeing White Legs cocks so hopefully it's just Roberts' models that are bad.

Speaking of Legion, that Caesar's New Regime mod is pretty good. The new armors look great, big improvement from the vanilla footballskirts or whatever you'd call them.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 13, 2014

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

LoonShia posted:

I tell you, if Portable Tent or The Sink had ammo and weapon displays, it'd be the best player house ever.

This Sink mod might have those displays, I've not gotten there yet. Looks pretty neat, though.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I found two explosive shotgun ammo mods on the nexus but neither of them worked. Is there anyone that works or would it be difficult to make one?

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

watho posted:

I found two explosive shotgun ammo mods on the nexus but neither of them worked. Is there anyone that works or would it be difficult to make one?

Well the Modern Weapons add-on for WMX has FRAG-12 rounds in it (HEFA and HEAP varieties)... and they do work.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

watho posted:

Aren't there explosive shotgun rounds in GRA? Or am I misremembering?

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

razorrozar posted:

Pretty sure those were Anti Materiel rounds.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Fewd posted:

With Roberts alot of the clothing still have dicks hanging out even with the underwear option.

razorrozar posted:

There's dragon breath rounds but no explosive. You might be thinking of the explosive .50 cal rounds.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Roobanguy posted:

There's dragon breath rounds but no explosive. You might be thinking of the explosive .50 cal rounds.

Ah, I was. My mistake.

Been a while since I used shotguns.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

razorrozar posted:

Ah, I was. My mistake.

Been a while since I used shotguns.

When I got some mod guns and the 00 Commando mod to make shotguns realistically useful, I had a run where I basically used nothing but a 20 gauge pump-action. With slugs, I could plink radscorpions from 50 yards.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

chitoryu12 posted:

When I got some mod guns and the 00 Commando mod to make shotguns realistically useful, I had a run where I basically used nothing but a 20 gauge pump-action. With slugs, I could plink radscorpions from 50 yards.

00 Commando?

Also I see a lot of recommendations for mods for people just starting to mod or for first playthrough mods. But what are some good mods for someone like myself who has done multiple playthroughs modded like 4-5 months after the game was released? I remember downloading the armory by naky when it was properly released but that's the last time I've played.

What I'm asking is what are some good new and recommended mods that have come out since then or recently? Guns, armor, spawns, difficulty, quests, graphics, whatever. I wanna mod the poo poo out of this game again. Also, what's the recommended way of managing mods for NV? Mod organizer? Nexus mod manager? FOMM?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bob NewSCART posted:

00 Commando?

Here. It makes the shotguns less like typical video game shotguns: increases the range and damage while decreasing the spread of shot. So instead of your classic Call of Duty gun where the shot simply evaporates past 50 feet and a 30 foot shot has half of the pellets miss entirely because the cloud is bigger than a person, you can now deal at least passable damage out to a few dozen yards with buckshot and tear poo poo up in close quarters.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

What I'm asking is what are some good new and recommended mods that have come out since then or recently? Guns, armor, spawns, difficulty, quests, graphics, whatever. I wanna mod the poo poo out of this game again. Also, what's the recommended way of managing mods for NV? Mod organizer? Nexus mod manager? FOMM?

Millenia's weapon compilation (also organized by Naky) is a great way to add a good number of well made guns, without going overboard. Spice of Life adds lots of variety to clothing and armor, and WILL work without body replacers, though you will have some texture issues on anything that shows skin. Increased Wasteland Spawns just takes whatever spawns naturally and increases that number whereas DFB random encounters creates new groups out of thin air. For quests, the Someguy series (NV Bounties, etc.) are highly recommended. Ojo Bueno and NMC both add better textures, and cover a few different things, but you can slap one over the other to cover all the bases. Millenia also did a Weapon Retexture Project for the vanilla guns.

FOMM is still king for Fallout, as far as I'm concerned; you'll also want to look at CASM since the vanilla save system is lovely, and MCM to help with tweaking settings for many mods, including ones I've mentioned. Many people will also recommend Project Nevada as an overhaul, and I'll toss in a mention for the JSawyer plugin, designed by New Vegas lead Developer/goon Ropekid to tweak the game more as he envisioned it. There are plenty of people here who will also vouch for the various UI and weather mods.

All this stuff is in the OP, if you need links.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

watho posted:

I found two explosive shotgun ammo mods on the nexus but neither of them worked. <snip>would it be difficult to make one?
Wouldn't be difficult at all. Here's an example I cobbled together. You'll probably want to ticker with the damage and range of the explosion though. Throwing booms around at shotgun-range will result in a lot of broken limbs.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jul 14, 2014

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Raygereio posted:

Wouldn't be difficult at all. Here's an example I cobbled together. You'll probably want to ticker with the damage and range of the explosion though. Throwing booms around at shotgun-range will result in a lot of broken limbs.

Thanks. I'll look into it!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Speaking of shotguns:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56378/

:gizz:

massecurr
Dec 15, 2012
Anyone know of some good mad science-y mods? I'm planning a Mad Science gimmick run

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Robco Certified. No mad science is complete without robots.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

:stare:

That's beautiful.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

watho posted:

:stare:

That's beautiful.

It really is, downloaded it the second it was done being scanned and started a new play with this and the Colt 1849. :clint:

Anyone know where to find a good Sharps rifle mod? Hope Millenia and other goon modders have it on a To Do list

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Collision Mesh Overhaul is a lot of fun.

Mostly because I can shove people in barrels now.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Where did you get that hat? :fap:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I fixed my problem by making the perk I'm designing complete a stage of the "generic" quest. I could still use some good non-video tutorials on creating perks, especially perks that give bonuses for wearing specific armor.

Chamale fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 15, 2014

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Is there any way to console kill a monster? I'm using the PN-FOOK etc... convergence mod (+IWS) and I've had a hostile Mr Gutsy spawn inside the Gunrunners shack. So the vendortron won't sell anything and Isaac is stuck in the fleeing state over his workbench and I can't do anything about it.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

AceRimmer posted:

Is there any way to console kill a monster? I'm using the PN-FOOK etc... convergence mod (+IWS) and I've had a hostile Mr Gutsy spawn inside the Gunrunners shack. So the vendortron won't sell anything and Isaac is stuck in the fleeing state over his workbench and I can't do anything about it.

Open the console, click on the monster, and type in kill

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Go into the console (~), then click on the Mr Gutsy, then type 'kill' and hit enter.

edit: gently caress

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

LoonShia posted:

Where did you get that hat? :fap:

Right here :toot:

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Coughing Hobo posted:

Open the console, click on the monster, and type in kill
Thanks!
Took some time to get the drat thing to poke one of its appendages out of the box (game refused to let me kill the shed with the console :downs:).

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I'm really terrible at the whole modding thing. How the hell do I get merchants to sell my item. I managed to get it to their inventory once but not to get it to respawn. :sigh:

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

watho posted:

I'm really terrible at the whole modding thing. How the hell do I get merchants to sell my item. I managed to get it to their inventory once but not to get it to respawn. :sigh:
Make a new Leveled Item list and add your item to it. Under count list how many of the item you want the merchant to have in stock. Under level, list at what player level the item needs to start appearing. If you want all of your entries in the leveld list to appear in the merchant's inventor instead of a random selection, have "Use All" selected and don't put anything under "Chance None".
Once you've done that, open the container list and filter with "VendorContainer". Find the container of the merchant you want to add the item to and add your newly made Leveled Item list under "Item List".
Done! The items should show up in the merchant's inventory it's reset.

There are some better ways in terms of compatabiilty like adding your items to an existing leveled item list via script, or making a completely new container. But if you're just making a mod for your own use, that's probably not something you need to bother with.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Raygereio posted:

Make a new Leveled Item list and add your item to it. Under count list how many of the item you want the merchant to have in stock. Under level, list at what player level the item needs to start appearing. If you want all of your entries in the leveld list to appear in the merchant's inventor instead of a random selection, have "Use All" selected and don't put anything under "Chance None".
Once you've done that, open the container list and filter with "VendorContainer". Find the container of the merchant you want to add the item to and add your newly made Leveled Item list under "Item List".
Done! The items should show up in the merchant's inventory it's reset.

There are some better ways in terms of compatabiilty like adding your items to an existing leveled item list via script, or making a completely new container. But if you're just making a mod for your own use, that's probably not something you need to bother with.

That's probably the easiest way to do it but I'd rather not change the original files at all. My main problem is that I never know if the scripts fail or just don't plain run at all.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I'm looking for a mod that improves the Lucky 38 suite, since it's a bit pokey for a presidential suite. I tried the mod Lucky 38 Suite Reloaded and while it's a neat concept it seems pretty buggy. I don't know if the Run the Lucky 38 mod changes the suite (or if it's any good, come to that). Bonus points if it has the amenities like ammo sorters and the like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

AceRimmer posted:

Thanks!
Took some time to get the drat thing to poke one of its appendages out of the box (game refused to let me kill the shed with the console :downs:).

Another option is make sure you have nothing selected and type tgm, that turns on god mode.