Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

The Phantom

Pickles

Sunday Rip Haywire

Classic Prince Valiant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mister Kingdom posted:

Coney's new name will be "lunch".
Coney is actually an unstoppable murder machine.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

RandomFerret posted:

Wait a second... an animal has characteristic joke... and they're camping...

You maniacs! This is a Kevin and Kell strip! drat you! God drat you all to hell!

Well, not really. This one made me chuckle a bit.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

scarycave posted:

Well, not really. This one made me chuckle a bit.

Also the punchline wasn't Poncho having a thought-bubble saying 'I could end this spooky story in a spooky way, but then ol' Stinky would stink the whole place up! Better not do it!'

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I was hoping it would end with "Alvin, we need to see other people."

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Oh hey, a Bill the Cat shirt. Neat.

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

That's a rather ominous solution.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
Inspector Danger gets a lot better if you just assume that every character is walking around completely poo poo-faced.

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

A weird one?

Not that similar I guess, but it was bugging me for days why the guy seemed familiar

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Aleph Null posted:

I was hoping it would end with "Alvin, we need to see other people."

Emmy Lou and Taffy are going to turn out to be the new Jill and Other Jill. Mark my words.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Ripley's

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Those weren't chocolate peanuts.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Say Nothing posted:

Those weren't chocolate peanuts.

They're mouse eggs! :3:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

If you dislike posting strips, don't post. It's not like someone won't pick up the strips you post if they're worthwhile anyway.

I'd like to note that no one picked up Gill, Bleeker, or any other holbrook pieces of poo poo during their blissful hiatus. But, here they are again. Oh joy. :sigh:
I missed HLTS though, and I thought of posting some of the back ones, but I kept forgetting.

Well, I'm not sure how many were missed but here's a couple anyways.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Wanamingo posted:

"Sir, there's no real evidence and all our suspects have alibis."
"Just get some circumstantial and arrest that Italian-looking motherfucker."
Inspector Danger is a stark, unapologetic depiction of corruption in the modern police force.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (April 13, 1925)

Huh, you learn something new everyday. I always thought the term "kicks" for shoes was a somewhat recent slang, like from within the past 30 years or so, not from 1925. Yo!

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Nothing starts the day out right like a 80-proof breakfast.

9 Chickweed Lane

I can't say this is an improvement over the usual horse poo poo that appears in this strip.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Wanamingo posted:

Isn't that blue blob in the first panel the same modern art one of the suspects was working on a few weeks ago? Or is that the only kind of modern art sculpture the artist knows how to draw? "Ah, fuckit, all that goddamn poo poo looks the same, fukkin eggheads..."

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Are the Wee Pals being posted still new, or have you had to go to reruns? If they're still new Morrie Turner was a cartoon makin' machine.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Morrie Turner was a cartoon makin' machine. Once we get to the reruns I'm going to stop posting it.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Isn't that blue blob in the first panel the same modern art one of the suspects was working on a few weeks ago? Or is that the only kind of modern art sculpture the artist knows how to draw? "Ah, fuckit, all that goddamn poo poo looks the same, fukkin eggheads..."

Yes, but that is factually true. The truest thing in the comic.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

She may be freaked out by his disappearing mustache but that's just a guess.

Rex Morgan MD

No it doesn't, and that's pretty much it anyways. Get on with the next storyline.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

That's a movie theater they're going in to, not an airport.

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

No it doesn't, and that's pretty much it anyways. Get on with the next storyline.

I this strip. I hate these people. What five year is so loving amazing and talented and interesting that everyone just keeps falling over themselves to hand her poo poo and reward her for absolutely nothing? She's FIVE. She has no huge ambitions or a sense of responsibility, it makes no sense that these people are willing to invest such a ridiculous amount of time and money in her. An actual five year old would have dropped this bullshit book project thing a day in in favor of watching cartoons.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Or it could be that he's glaring and holding his hands out like he's casting a spell, and is surrounded by a crackling halo of light. :shrug:

Yep, there's no other possible explanation. He couldn't possibly have just held onto the glass. And there's no way that that "this man is my brother" lie could have caused any problems down the track.

Honestly, I thought the answer was that no professional writer could have written that note. The punctuation is atrocious. "Goodbye. My love. Yours forever. John."

Tina's Groove

Well, that's... something.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

sweetguts posted:

I this strip. I hate these people. What five year is so loving amazing and talented and interesting that everyone just keeps falling over themselves to hand her poo poo and reward her for absolutely nothing? She's FIVE. She has no huge ambitions or a sense of responsibility, it makes no sense that these people are willing to invest such a ridiculous amount of time and money in her. An actual five year old would have dropped this bullshit book project thing a day in in favor of watching cartoons.

I'm 48, I'm in the middle of a book contract, and I want to abandon the whole project to watch cartoons on a daily basis. The most sustained project I ever got into at age five was listening to, over and over again, my copy of the 1910 Fruitgum Company's 'Simon Says.' Come to think of it, that sounds preferable right now to facing the pile of notes and corrections lying here on my desk!

As for Luann Maybe they are headed into a movie theatre! Gunter is so goddamned naive that his girlfriend and pals have probably set up an elaborate Capricorn One scenario on him.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tiggum posted:

Yep, there's no other possible explanation. He couldn't possibly have just held onto the glass. And there's no way that that "this man is my brother" lie could have caused any problems down the track.

Honestly, I thought the answer was that no professional writer could have written that note. The punctuation is atrocious. "Goodbye. My love. Yours forever. John."

He started the suicide note after taking the poison and got writers block on the first draft.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I was positive it was going to be "he wouldn't have hand-written the note with the typewriter right there", especially after all the episodes where dying people type out clues.

What the hell was the deal with the flashlight story? "We checked the flashlight, no prints." Solution: "THERE WERE PRINTS :iamafag:"

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

My Lovely Horse posted:

What the hell was the deal with the flashlight story? "We checked the flashlight, no prints." Solution: "THERE WERE PRINTS :iamafag:"

You should keep more up to date on the rich lore of Inspector Danger, they used the same puzzle last week but with a gun and bullets instead, but yeah it really feels like they are cheating.

Hel fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jul 14, 2014

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I eagerly await Inspector Danger's first locked-room mystery, where the solution is that there was a door.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiggum posted:

Or it could be that he's glaring and holding his hands out like he's casting a spell, and is surrounded by a crackling halo of light. :shrug:
That's dandruff.

Tiggum posted:

That's why he was depressed. He's a terrible writer.

---

I hope that the next step in Luann is that they'll do something ~wild~ and hijack the plane.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

It could also be that the doctor immediately started scowling at her when he walked into the room.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Johnny Walker posted:

I missed HLTS though, and I thought of posting some of the back ones, but I kept forgetting.

Well, I'm not sure how many were missed but here's a couple anyways.

Bless you, Kevin Frank :)

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Huh. Interesting concept, I guess.

Jane's World is last Friday's.

Non Sequitur

Ah, the Abbott and Costello effect.

Heavenly Nostrils is yesterday's.

Kliban

That was a definite :).

9 Chickweed Lane 7/14/2003

Aw, Solange is just hungry.

Zits

I'm betting a goat's armpit would smell like the rest of the goat. Not sure though, I've never been fond of goat sniffing.

Kevin & Kell

:ughh: Down the rabbit hole we go...

:v:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

A bit late but what can you do

Fingerpori

- I found a seat for my moped from the flea market!
- I bought an old granny mangle
- You mean a bicycle?
- No

Old bicycles are sometimes called (granny) mangles so yeah

A man hit another at an ATM

Adessive case -lla can denote "at" or "with".

Fok_It

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Johnny Walker posted:

Kennel fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 14, 2014

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (April 25, 1927)

Peanuts (July 17, 1967)

Absolutely ridiculous. She completely left out Pensyltucky!

Funky Winkerbean

(No, this isn't going to be my "facepalm Picard out the rear end". Well, not yet.)

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (April 15-16, 1925)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (April 15-16, 1925)

I'm impressed that the kid somehow managed to lose his pants without also losing his socks and shoes.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Tiggum posted:

I can't find 'tradofydil' in a Google search. I'm guessing that's either a translation error or some complete bullshit that Inspector Danger made up. The glass being on the floor is obviously a super specious claim here, but:

What do you mean a 'slow-acting toxin', Inspector Danger? Anthrax is a slow-acting toxin, it takes a week to kill you. It is a painful and horrible death. Mercury is a slow-acting toxin, it can take quite a while to kill you while causing brain damage and a slow degeneration. Amatoxin is a slow-acting toxin, it kills you painfully over a period of days.

There aren't a whole lot of poisons fast-acting enough that you would just drop your glass immediately while managing to remain upright in your chair. He could have drunk a glass of potassium cyanide, that'd sure as hell kill him within half an hour, but he's also unlikely to be upright in that chair instead of flopped on the floor.

Of all the bullshit arguments Inspector Danger makes, this one is more bullshit than his racist crusade against Italians that will stop at no cost to put them behind bars.

e:

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Yes, tell the man you absolutely will pay anything he wants for that loving comic. Continue to repeat your mistakes in bartering because you're constantly rewarded no matter how poorly you do. I feel like we're learning that Batiuk thinks this is how bartering actually works, and one day he will have a revelation like Hank in King of the Hill when he realizes he's been getting completely hosed over by always paying sticker price for vehicles.

LtStorm fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

(No, this isn't going to be my "facepalm Picard out the rear end". Well, not yet.)
I thought she only had one issue left to complete the run. Why does she need a piece of paper? Anytime I need a single issue, I have that number seared into my brain.

• Locked thread