Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
I can't wait to be called a tier whore for using a character I've used for 4 years now that Louffy won Evo with her!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

AnonSpore posted:

Ricky used one I think. None of the top 8 characters were really ones that like to use red focus though, except Gief and his whiffs on crouching characters.

I thought E. Ryu liked it? Although he might not have needed it in those particular matchups

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

S.J. posted:

I thought E. Ryu liked it? Although he might not have needed it in those particular matchups

The only time Evil Ryu showed up was against Ricky, and Evil Ryu doesn't need fancy red focus to do stupid poo poo on Rufus.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Chocobo posted:

How many red focus attacks were used in the ro8 onwards?

I really didn't notice any?

Bonchan activated a throwing/red focus glitch against Louffy. It's something that makes either a throw or a red focus come out and the character flashes red either way. IIRC, he got the throw and Louffy teched.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

What a great Evo...well...mostly. Great finals in BlazBlue and SF4.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Tae posted:

The only time Evil Ryu showed up was against Ricky, and Evil Ryu doesn't need fancy red focus to do stupid poo poo on Rufus.

Infinite corner combos you fat bastard, that was pretty sad/hilarious to watch

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Didn't Flash play Viper in the actual top 8 that year?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Redmark posted:

Didn't Flash play Viper in the actual top 8 that year?
He played Viper after losing a game with Gief I believe.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Hypocrisy posted:

What a great Evo...well...mostly. Great finals in BlazBlue and SF4.

Did you not see top 3 in MvC? That poo poo was bananas.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
A Kars player won the JJBA:ASB side tournament that was streamed somewhere, for those who care about fabulous albeit mediocre fightman games.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

teagone posted:

Agreed. Top 3 in MvC was, indeed, bananas. That was the most fun I've had watching Marvel since last EVO.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

teagone posted:

Marvel was good but I don't like Marvel as much so I didn't mention it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Archenteron posted:

A Kars player won the JJBA:ASB side tournament that was streamed somewhere, for those who care about fabulous albeit mediocre fightman games.

I thought Lisa Lisa took Evo? :psyduck:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Dias posted:

I thought Lisa Lisa took Evo? :psyduck:

There were two tournaments, one ran by the company itself and one by the guys who do the level up animegame str-wait a minute I get it

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Now that EVO's done let's enjoy some juicy Triforce meltdown.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/2al8m7/concise_minutebyminute_breakdown_of_triforce/

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

It's pretty loving hilarious to see all the CT Steam Co conspiracies since Craig (the owner) plays and is a huge sponsor of our local group and is a cool dude irl.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008

Triforce posted:

Revolution Gaming's (RG) Joe Kruty (who sponsors Rico Suave, Snake Eyez, Filipino Champ, Flocker, etc.) "blackmailed" Tom Brady into leaving EMP by offering financial help for Brady's family if he would leave EMP, and Steam Co. is doing the same thing with Sanford.

Hahahaha I'm loving dying over here.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

VigilantePrime posted:

Hahahaha I'm loving dying over here.

I didn't know paying money to a person for services rendered now constitutes blackmail. poo poo, time to sue everyone who has employees.

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Keep this poo poo on reddit, nobody gives a gently caress.

Lots of heavy hitters on the EVO after-party stream at http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

edit: Combofiend vs Pugera right now

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I basically missed all of Marvel Finals. And Semis. Is there a rundown of what happened? Highlights? I'm guessing Justin won by that gif?

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!

texasmed posted:

Lots of heavy hitters on the EVO after-party stream at http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

edit: Combofiend vs Pugera right now

idk I thought it was pretty funny. Triforce being crazy is a guilty pleasure to hear about for me.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

ToastyPotato posted:

I basically missed all of Marvel Finals. And Semis.

For you and everyone else:

Injustice - http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/c/4651848

KOFXIII - http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/c/4651859

BB - http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/c/4658699

Marvel - http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/c/4658736

SF4 - http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/c/4659360

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Is there any official amount on how much money is won at EVO?

I'm wondering what Wong took home for Marvel and how much Luffy takes home for USF4

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

texasmed posted:

actually triforce is hilarious and everything relating to him is too.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Is there any official amount on how much money is won at EVO?

I'm wondering what Wong took home for Marvel and how much Luffy takes home for USF4

Here's what everyone got for 1st:

BlazBlue - $18k
USF4 - $17k
KI - $8k
UMvC3 - $6k
Smash - $6k
Tekken - $4.5k
KOF - $2k
Injustice - $2k

The main difference in payouts is mostly because of pot bonuses thrown in by various companies. Games like Marvel, Smash, KOF, and Injustice didn't get any pot bonus, while BlazBlue got a huge one.

BannedNewbie
Apr 22, 2003

HOW ARE YOU? -> YOSHI?
FINE, THANK YOU. -> YOSHI.
Here's some slightly different numbers event hubs came up with.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/jul/02/estimated-prize-payouts-evo-2014s-main-games-breakdowns-top-8-winners/

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I like how the article is designed so that you have to click an image for each game, that opens a new window to view it in, with a new advertisement in each one. Pretty clever.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

itskage posted:

I like how the article is designed so that you have to click an image for each game, that opens a new window to view it in, with a new advertisement in each one. Pretty clever.

welcome to even thubs dot net

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I went to that site once and as soon as the page loaded it loaded another page with a big akuma pic on it scolding me for trying to browse with ad-block on. Never again.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

RBX posted:

I went to that site once and as soon as the page loaded it loaded another page with a big akuma pic on it scolding me for trying to browse with ad-block on. Never again.

That's why instead you turn on ScriptSafe. Kills all their bullshit and makes them perfectly navigable.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

actually triforce is hilarious and everything relating to him is too.
I still don't understand how anyone could willingly be associated with him.

Except Mew2king. That partnership makes sense.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

quote:

The +15 heavy crossbow "Sniper" {velocity, SInv}.

A huge crossbow made of some black material. It is highly damaging, but
extremely cumbersome to load.

Base accuracy: +0 Base damage: 23 Base attack delay: 2.7 Minimum delay: 1.3

So that's the revised sniper. 23 is a lot of base damage!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

LogicNinja posted:

So that's the revised sniper. 23 is a lot of base damage!

Man, Parasoul's super overpowered now.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Dias posted:

Man, Parasoul's super overpowered now.

Juju took the shot

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

texasmed posted:

Piss off, this is gold.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

This is loving glorious :allears:

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
The absolute best part, which I mentioned in IRC, is that just after Sanford's heartfelt goodbye to EMP, they bring Triforce back in, along with the rabble, to discuss. Triforce is audibly upset. Just before Triforce launches into an explanation/mea culpa/deconstruction of the situation, someone proceeds to blast DA BEECH until the host cuts them off.

Then, when left unattended, "Super Beat Boy Noel Brown" says "It's late, I'm out. Everyone have a good night. Noel Brown beats women" and hangs up.

It's a beautiful disaster.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

If anyone wants to play some injustice or usf4 on ps3 or 360 (both on both) pm me your tag. I'm decent at injustice poo poo at usf4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Don't have PMs, terrible at all fighting games, feel free to add legit3incher on PS3. I really need to practice more