Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Azhais posted:

They posted a video of the first person to ride it a week or so ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG-uY2wze2Y

The idiots who push the raft on it's way aren't wearing safety harnesses :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That looks kind of lovely for a waterslide, I mean isn't the point that a waterslide is you go down it with your body, that's like a really lovely rollercoaster that gets you wet.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

subhelios posted:

I'm glad I don't live where you live then.

So am I.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE

The Door Frame posted:

Steady, controlled acceleration will help you stay in control on a sharper turn, but gunning the throttle halfway through a turn and throwing the steering wheel is basically asking to crash into the nearest tree

It's the difference between what you are talking about and this

While I was looking for the specific clip, I stumbled across this, which brings joy to my beater driving heart http://youtu.be/GwLZ8UvN4_g
Some overlap on the videos though

I have a feeling that a lot of these fuckups are caused by traction control kicking in. That poo poo is dangerous if you are deliberatly trying to get sideways. It just completely messes with what you would naturally expect the car to do.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Automatic Retard posted:

I have a feeling that a lot of these fuckups are caused by traction control kicking in. That poo poo is dangerous if you are deliberatly trying to get sideways. It just completely messes with what you would naturally expect the car to do.

I have a feeling traction control doesn't have a lot to do with most fuckups of this nature.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The best part of the lake-crashed Veyron is that the car is so drat well made that it didn't actually get destroyed.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Shugojin posted:

The best part of the lake-crashed Veyron is that the car is so drat expensive that it didn't actually get totalled out.

It's "destroyed", but most anything that doesn't outright annihilate it is still economically repairable, even if that means replacing everything that doesn't mandate a new VIN.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Shugojin posted:

The best part of the lake-crashed Veyron is that the car is so drat well made that it didn't actually get destroyed.

The bestest best part was actually this: http://jalopnik.com/5948245/trial-of-man-sued-for-purposefully-crashing-bugatti-veyron-into-lagoon-mysteriously-postponed

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Phanatic posted:

I have a feeling traction control doesn't have a lot to do with most fuckups of this nature.

Hahahaha the brakes probably didn't have a lot to do with that fuckup either.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Atmus posted:

It's "destroyed", but most anything that doesn't outright annihilate it is still economically repairable, even if that means replacing everything that doesn't mandate a new VIN.

Didn't he leave it running in the water so that it would hydrolock the engine, but the air intake is higher that the roof so the engine is still ok? It would've just needed a new interior or something.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Here's the LA Beast's latest offering for the Schadenfreude Gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsAAPD3vSxo

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Automatic Retard posted:

Didn't he leave it running in the water so that it would hydrolock the engine, but the air intake is higher that the roof so the engine is still ok? It would've just needed a new interior or something.

The car should have shut off on its own, but I think the intake did get some water that came up over the roof on splashdown. The electronics also got hosed up (note the spoiler remaining up), and I think some of the suspension was damaged during the retrieval. I don't recall if the body was damaged or not, but I think the construction of it doesn't lend itself to being repaired so much as replaced.

The main part of the story I like though is that the insurance company supposedly bought the video recorder's cellphone for some crazy amount of money.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

beato posted:

:eng101: A gallon of honey has about 17,000 calories.

We were talking about honey's antibacterial properties and the cruel things it does to unprotected cells, and wondering what would happen to your stomach if you drank an immoderate amount of the stuff. Three weeks later this video appears. Apparently I am a prophet of some kind.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

flakeloaf posted:

:eng101: A gallon of honey has about 17,000 calories.

We were talking about honey's antibacterial properties and the cruel things it does to unprotected cells, and wondering what would happen to your stomach if you drank an immoderate amount of the stuff. Three weeks later this video appears. Apparently I am a prophet of some kind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mellified_man

Mr Executive
Aug 27, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

I can only assume you step into the compartment at the top and they get Ernst Blofeld in to push the button that pulls the floor out from under you.

Actually, yes. They have one of these in the Wisconsin Dells and it's pretty ridiculous. You stand in a little capsule thing and they push a button that drops the floor out from under you.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Mr Executive posted:

Actually, yes. They have one of these in the Wisconsin Dells and it's pretty ridiculous. You stand in a little capsule thing and they push a button that drops the floor out from under you.

The park near our place has two of those awesome things.

Well, sometimes. Sometimes one of them stops working so you get in, it counts down THREE...TWO...ONE... and then the floor doesn't drop out. And there's this awkward pause while you wait for the operator to let you out. Or it counts down, then nothing happens, then the bastard drops you. Or sometimes the speaker inside the capsule doesn't work so you don't hear the countdown, you're just hanging out waiting for the operator to turn the key and thAAAAAAGLRLURLGLUR

Also it's hilarious when someone doesn't make it all the way around the loop because they're too light or wearing the wrong kind of swimsuit.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

flakeloaf posted:

The park near our place has two of those awesome things.

Well, sometimes. Sometimes one of them stops working so you get in, it counts down THREE...TWO...ONE... and then the floor doesn't drop out. And there's this awkward pause while you wait for the operator to let you out. Or it counts down, then nothing happens, then the bastard drops you. Or sometimes the speaker inside the capsule doesn't work so you don't hear the countdown, you're just hanging out waiting for the operator to turn the key and thAAAAAAGLRLURLGLUR

Also it's hilarious when someone doesn't make it all the way around the loop because they're too light or wearing the wrong kind of swimsuit.

Holy crap Canada is awesome, haha.

What do they do when/if you get stuck in there?

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Send another dude through to knock you free.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Jastiger posted:

You panic, injure yourself, and sue, duh.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

So you're telling me I'll can become candy in 100 years if I go this route? SIGN ME UP.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

I'd like to imagine there's some Eyes Wide Shut wealth orgy going on somewhere with one of these things on a buffet table stuck full of fancy toothpicks for a post-anonymous-cult-gently caress treat.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Crush some hazelnuts on top and maybe a drizzle of chocolate and that would be one delicious people confection.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
So, basically a Pharaoh Roche?

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Jastiger posted:

What's sad is that I'm so terrified of this that I'd be asking and getting detailed instructions long before ever setting foot on the loving thing. I've actually had nightmares of being lodged in a waterslide with more dudes and water coming down behind me, slowly being crushed and drowned at the same time...

For someone to just jump in all *dee dee doo doo* and have absolutely no backup plan or knowledge of emergency procedure is just totally inconceivable to me. But I'm someone with natural curiosity who thinks more than 20 seconds into the future and isn't afraid to ask questions.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Goddamn

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I was hoping some one would jump on that!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

beato posted:

I'm not watching this because gently caress this guy, but is this even anywhere near schadenfreude territory anymore? Isn't this literally an exhibitionist masochist performing scaphism on himself and making us watch?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

beato posted:

He delivers as always

Although I noticed he was driving a Buick, seemed odd to me

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Hollismason posted:

That looks kind of lovely for a waterslide, I mean isn't the point that a waterslide is you go down it with your body, that's like a really lovely rollercoaster that gets you wet.

Master Blasters are more like coasters, yes. The uphill sections have water jets to keep you moving.

http://www.whitewaterwest.com/master_blaster.html

That new one is more of a one-trick deal, but some of them can be quite long.

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.

Rollersnake posted:

I'm not watching this because gently caress this guy, but is this even anywhere near schadenfreude territory anymore? Isn't this literally an exhibitionist masochist performing scaphism on himself and making us watch?

I think it was almost always about lets see how much pain I can cause myself by eating "X". He's starting to realize that people are much more interested in the pain part, the food aspect is just his little niche that sets him apart from others. He'll likely continue focusing more on the pain, less on the food until his organs start to fail.

I'm not sure how often he turns out content, but I can't imagine that he works more than 10-15 hours a week and is probably pulling in a a solid income as a youtube partner. If he's smart he'll try to spin this into some sort of side business, like LA Beast hot sauce and then pimp it on his videos and social media pages.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

LloydDobler posted:

What's sad is that I'm so terrified of this that I'd be asking and getting detailed instructions long before ever setting foot on the loving thing. I've actually had nightmares of being lodged in a waterslide with more dudes and water coming down behind me, slowly being crushed and drowned at the same time...

For someone to just jump in all *dee dee doo doo* and have absolutely no backup plan or knowledge of emergency procedure is just totally inconceivable to me. But I'm someone with natural curiosity who thinks more than 20 seconds into the future and isn't afraid to ask questions.

In this case the emergency procedure is the same as the regular procedure: When you stop moving, stand up and get out so the attendant can tell the guy with the key to send the next person down. The claims made in that lawsuit are the words of an idiot.

If you don't make it all the way around there's a hatch of shame at the bottom of the loop, and if you're my wife, a fat guy taunting you by waving his hand in a u-shaped seesaw motion :)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
So the doofus who spent $100k in plastic surgery to look like Justin Bieber (without actually looking at all like Justin Bieber) has been in the recording studio apparently.

http://www.eonline.com/shows/botche...d-deleted-scene

Oh really? Studying music just wasn't for you, eh? Surprising.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
The schadenfreude is that their poo poo toaster is bigger than their sink.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

There are bad days then there are BAD DAYS.

The video of the whole disaster makes it so much worse than what that gif shows. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pNx_PEcFNc

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Choo choo... I'm a train. :downs:

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

There are bad days then there are BAD DAYS.

The video of the whole disaster makes it so much worse than what that gif shows. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pNx_PEcFNc

Why did the back wheels kick out so far when the front of the truck seemed to have been in good position the entire time?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

laxbro posted:

Why did the back wheels kick out so far when the front of the truck seemed to have been in good position the entire time?

Looks like the back wheels hit the concrete safety barrier in the centre of the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

laxbro posted:

The ride side of the back wheels clipped the beginning of the highway divider/median (what is it called when it's on the shoulder?) and stopped suddenly :downs:

e: f;b

read, comprehend refresh, post.

• Locked thread