Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

Just when you can't love Paul Heyman any more, it's revealed he got disqualified from their name game in the back of a car for being that guy who makes up random names and saying they were totally old timey champions in territories you never heard of. :laffo:
I laughed at that and the idea of edge hitting a superfly splash while nude on dreamer

E: oh and tonight marks the return of B&V impact reviews!

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
The naked Frog Splash made me laugh as well "It isn't gay, it is professional wrestling"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ribsauce posted:

The naked Frog Splash made me laugh as well "It isn't gay, it is professional wrestling"

Earlier Tommy tells Austin they can lie down naked on the bed together to do their interview but as long as they both have one foot on the floor "it's not gay, it's pro-wrestlng!"

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Ribsauce posted:

Oh and Christian making dreamer rub tanner on his back was funny too. Especially the jokes about Christian having a dirty looking tan.

And Christian being the king of the name game. Fucker named 13 K's!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Austin hitting out with the dyke-bomb was uncomfortable.

ICHIBAHN fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jul 11, 2014

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ICHIBAHN posted:

Austin hitting out with the dyke-bomb was uncomfortable.
What?

I almost left that post like that, but then realized it might be construed as an Austin joke, so let me clarify:

Please explain.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Listened to the show? He used the term "dyke".

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Punchcast: Could WWE commentary be improved in even a small way if they turned Lawler heel again? Like the same kind of vicious, ice burn heel he was in the 90's?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

flashy_mcflash posted:

Punchcast: Could WWE commentary be improved in even a small way if they turned Lawler heel again? Like the same kind of vicious, ice burn heel he was in the 90's?

Nope, because Jerry Lawler gives absolutely no fucks about being in any way entertaining any more. He is there for one reason and that is to cash his paycheck.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Austin's a big fan of the Netherlands, so what?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

ICHIBAHN posted:

Listened to the show? He used the term "dyke".

You can take the man out of Texas but you can't take the Texas out of the man.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Nope, because Jerry Lawler gives absolutely no fucks about being in any way entertaining any more. He is there for one reason and that is to cash his paycheck.

Sadly it's true. He did some good heel work back in the day (Good I realise is a relative term. Lets say his heel work was attitude-era appropriate) but he's literally there to just fill up the numbers. I'm not entirely sure why they've gone with the 3 man team. Cole is play-by-play, JBL is colour, what does JR do other than occasionally call something and engage in awkward banter.

On that note, the three of them were on a WWE special The Soup did, 'calling' the show and while King seemed out of his element the other two were having a blast and their interactions felt a lot more real. It makes me think what would happen if Vince wasn't shouting in their ear all the time.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Y'know, I'm glad Dave Y'know wasn't included in the Mason Y'know Ryan interview. Y'know? Their combined vocal tics would have caused a meltdown Y'know

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

triplexpac posted:

Y'know, I'm glad Dave Y'know wasn't included in the Mason Y'know Ryan interview. Y'know? Their combined vocal tics would have caused a meltdown Y'know

That's just the mentality

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

mkay0 posted:

That's just the mentality

It's the nature of the beast?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Gaz-L posted:

It's the nature of the beast?

It is what it is

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
CM Punk teased on twitter a little awhile ago that he's either starting a podcast or a band so get excited?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

cronox2 posted:

CM Punk teased on twitter a little awhile ago that he's either starting a podcast or a band so get excited?

He's starting a fashion line of stupid arm-sleeves that will be gigantically popular, just to rub Jeff Hardy's face in it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

cronox2 posted:

Or a fire. Chicago probably doesn't need that though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Memento posted:

It could be both! He said two of the three!

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Memento posted:

Why would he light a fire? Even through the darkest days, his fire burns always.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Gaz-L posted:

It could be both! He said two of the three!

He's doing a podcast called 'Burning Bright with CM Punk' in which he just starts fires and describes them.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

He's doing a podcast called 'Burning Bright with CM Punk' in which he just starts fires and describes them.

And it's still better than the Ross Report.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Punk starting a podcast would truly be the greatest, but if he does I'd imagine it will be a partnership of some kind with Colt. It would be pretty brilliant of him to finally issue his first real public statements or whatever during episode 1 of a show. The thing would shoot straight to the top of iTunes. I mean it would do that anyways I guess but still.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Punksport Podcast would be great because it'd just be him owning the Goog all the time. I want to hear CM Punk's take on a WCW Brawl 4 All.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Wouldn't be surprised if he's doing something with Harwick & Nerdist. He's become pretty close to them, probably more so than Maron.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Punksport Podcast would be great because it'd just be him owning the Goog all the time. I want to hear CM Punk's take on a WCW Brawl 4 All.

"Who the gently caress cares? WCW sucks and gently caress you."

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Punk doing a podcast makes him just another dude.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

ICHIBAHN posted:

Agreed, though I'll still listen, but I think he'd be better served doing something else. Maybe commentary for another promotion like ROH?

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Can't wait to hear Punk reading ad copy about his friends using TrueCar.com and thanking people for clicking through his Amazon link

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

ICHIBAHN posted:

He's probably just fine with that these days.

If it happens I hope it's not another Podcast One thing. I really like Stone Cold's podcast and even Jericho has his moments occasionally, but there's only so many I can listen to in that exact same format. Something closer to Colt Cabana's show would probably be ideal.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

birdlaw posted:

Can't wait to hear Punk reading ad copy about his friends using TrueCar.com and thanking people for clicking through his Amazon link

"Don't be like me and get held down because you have the physique and emotional maturity of a 10-year-old. Put some T-Plus in your cart!"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Punk will probably go for the whole DIY punk thing and just fund it himself.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wonder what Punk's opinion is on electric lanterns.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Punk will probably go for the whole DIY punk thing and just fund it himself.

Sorry he's going to be sponsored by Pepsi and Waffle House

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Edit gently caress

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SWIGGA PEPSI FOR THE RETIRED MAN!

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Bryan Alvarez: snitch

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
The LAW aired an interview Dan Lovranski did with Ric Flair and it was mostly about his daughter and her match with Nattie/career in general, but then Dan asked, essentially, "is there anyone else in NXT who impressed you?" and Flair said "I'm not going there. Interview over." It made absolutely no sense and was really awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Karmine posted:

The LAW aired an interview Dan Lovranski did with Ric Flair and it was mostly about his daughter and her match with Nattie/career in general, but then Dan asked, essentially, "is there anyone else in NXT who impressed you?" and Flair said "I'm not going there. Interview over." It made absolutely no sense and was really awkward.

Sounds like Ric. Man he is strange.

• Locked thread