Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

I know I've been living in Germany too long because after the game everyone stormed the central square in town and started setting off fireworks and the first thought I had was "oh man, they're setting those fireworks off very close to power lines"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

eviljelly posted:

I know I've been living in Germany too long because after the game everyone stormed the central square in town and started setting off fireworks and the first thought I had was "oh man, they're setting those fireworks off very close to power lines"

Sounds like you haven't been living in Germany long enough tbh.

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

corn in the fridge posted:

Sounds like you haven't been living in Germany long enough tbh.

That kind of stuff is only supposed to happen on New Year's Eve!!!!!!!!!

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

eviljelly posted:

That kind of stuff is only supposed to happen on New Year's Eve!!!!!!!!!

That happens every year. You haven't won a world cup in 24. Get out there and blow some poo poo up.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ahaha holy poo poo

Boner Slam
May 9, 2005

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Amazing.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Vintage Müller is always great.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

corn in the fridge posted:

Get out there and blow some poo poo up.

Not something you want to tell Germans, really.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

lmao

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Thanks, cool FC Bayern dudes, for winning us the title. You get another three weeks before I hate you all again. Except for Müller, and Götze who can do no wrong for the rest of his career in this poster's eyes.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Katana Gomai posted:

Thanks, cool FC Bayern dudes, for winning us the title. You get another three weeks before I hate you all again. Except for Müller, and Götze who can do no wrong for the rest of his career in this poster's eyes.

I can't hate them I just can't.

I'll hate on Robben and Ribery and whoever but I just cannot hate on Schweini and Neuer and Müller and etc.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Schweinsteiger should have won the brawler of the tournament award yesterday imo

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

hopterque posted:

I can't hate them I just can't.

I'll hate on Robben and Ribery and whoever but I just cannot hate on Schweini and Neuer and Müller and etc.

Actually might go with this, we'll see.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I can't wait for Pep to stick Lahm back into DM lol. Also, I just checked, we're still Weltmeister. We won't stop being Weltmeister for kind of a long-rear end time I think.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.

Smirr posted:

I can't wait for Pep to stick Lahm back into DM lol. Also, I just checked, we're still Weltmeister. We won't stop being Weltmeister for kind of a long-rear end time I think.

Four more years.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccxFxuwqflY

Rope kid keeping his promise, other than known choker belgend. :getin:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Healbot posted:

That's pretty cute.

"Ihr seid die Meiste(r) von dem Welt".

:3:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Healbot posted:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Teron D Amun posted:

Schweinsteiger should have won the brawler of the tournament award yesterday imo

neuer wins that one imo, that wrestling move was brilliant

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
https://twitter.com/The_Hitch22/status/488649495979515904

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Torrannor posted:

Germany is the most successful Biathlon nation at the Winter Olympics, the Austrians can get hosed.

Biathlon is a dopers sport

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

African AIDS cum posted:

Biathlon is a dopers sport

as is hackey-sack, according to my buddy stateside. So what?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Kramer, "Ich weiß gar nichts mehr"

Schade

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
What I really liked about Germany winning this World Cup is that while so many of the other teams were overshadowed by certain players (Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Robben, etc) the Germans were consistently a team. There was a lot of talk about Klose, of course, but it wasn't about whether he could drag Germany to the final. I don't recall if the Spain was talked about the same last tournament, but it was good to see that Germany was all about the sum of its parts and not any individual player.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

That headline is hella misleading, typically SPON dross

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Shoren posted:

What I really liked about Germany winning this World Cup is that while so many of the other teams were overshadowed by certain players (Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Robben, etc) the Germans were consistently a team. There was a lot of talk about Klose, of course, but it wasn't about whether he could drag Germany to the final. I don't recall if the Spain was talked about the same last tournament, but it was good to see that Germany was all about the sum of its parts and not any individual player.

:agreed:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Shoren posted:

Mark of a good team, imo.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Maybe I am bias because Germany won but this is the best world cup that I can ever remember. I was a bit too young to really remember everything from 2002. But the games were mostly exciting. We had some good runs from tiny countries like Costa Rica. Records were smashed and a great team won.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Enigma89 posted:

I was a bit too young to really remember everything from 2002.

What the hell how old are you?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
lol what a loving plastic

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

hopterque posted:

[quote="Enigma89" post="432183346"]
I was a bit too young to really remember everything from 2002.

Glue in the name I think but please remember he is a huge faillord

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

hopterque posted:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah but what hte hell how do you not remember the world cup from when you were like 12 or 13 if the team you root for is playing in it unless say you really are a plastic who has only recently started supporting 'schland.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

drat......same as me......89 isn't as ownage as it used to be

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Mean Bean Machine posted:

drat......same as me......89 isn't as ownage as it used to be

89 crew is still strong my friend

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Hegay posted:

Now I feel old what the loving heck.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

hopterque posted:

Yeah but what hte hell how do you not remember the world cup from when you were like 12 or 13 if the team you root for is playing in it unless say you really are a plastic who has only recently started supporting 'schland.

I remember some matches but I just don't remember them with as much clarity as 2006.

e:
Actually to be fair, I remember 2006 a lot more than 2010. I can honestly only maybe remember 2 or 3 games from 2010. England-Germany Spain-Germany and Spain-Netherlands.

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 14, 2014

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

just one year short of the masterrace year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Hegay posted:

It is