Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

bbf2 posted:

They literally tried it last episode...

You mean when the human prisoners were holding hands in Fangtasia's dungeon basement and chanting? I mean I guess that counts but none of them are experts and they didn't have any of that bonus witchcraft poo poo like salt or frog's eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

timp posted:

You mean when the human prisoners were holding hands in Fangtasia's dungeon basement and chanting? I mean I guess that counts but none of them are experts and they didn't have any of that bonus witchcraft poo poo like salt or frog's eyes.

If you mean they didn't have a 400 year old angry ghost helping them out, then no. I'm pretty sure the angry ghost is necessary for witchcraft to expand beyond the "handing hands and chanting" level, or at least a medium, and Lala is too fabulous for that now. Speaking of which, I'm glad they're bringing back lots of stuff from the early part of the show, but Lala Classic is the best part. If the show ends with a threesome between Lafayette, Jessica, and hippy vampire boyfriend, I will consider True Blood to be a success.

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003
The flashbacks from this episode are all I am going to pretend has happened this season. The "New: Laserdisc" type signs etc were hilarious

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Bored posted:

Yeah. I was like, "d'aww. They liked her so much they kept the lovely chair." Then Pam stole the idea. I wonder if that was the first time Ginger was glamoured and the beginning of her mental deterioration.
I'd assumed that she was pretty normal until having her brain reprogrammed every other day got too much for her, but judging by this episode she was actually always weird.

Small White Dragon posted:

So, the Hep V vampires are dead (at least locally, save Erik). What's the rest of the season about?
Sookie and Bill get back together, Pam and Eric kill Sarah, Sookie cures Eric, wrap up some of the other characters' stories a bit.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Somebody refresh my memory...why didn't Hoyt remember who Jason was?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

smg77 posted:

He got glamoured, or something.

Man, this show sucks now. I've always been a pretty big True Blood fan, but holy christ this season is bad.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

smg77 posted:

When he left town he had Jessica erase his memory of both her and Jason.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Tiggum posted:

When he left town he had Jessica erase his memory of both her and Jason.

That's right...I had completely forgotten that he had caught Jason and Jessica having sex or something.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I'm dumb and have a lovely memory so someone please help me out here-
Is Russell Edgington dead or just buried in concrete?
What about Niall the fairy godfather? I'd love to see Rutger Hauer again before it's all over.

Does anyone else get the feeling that we may ultimately find out that there's no real 'True Death' and that there's a vamp afterlife? Didn't Godrick appear to Bill way back, or was that just a hallucination or something?
And given the song at the end of this episode and the episode's title, 'Death Is Not The End', as well as how crazy True Blood is anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if we find that there's an afterlife for all. I didn't pay too much attention to the Lilith/Billith poo poo so I don't know if that was addressed in any way.

Edit: Wait, did someone kill Russell last season? drat I'm dumb.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

pahuyuth posted:

Is Russell Edgington dead or just buried in concrete?

Staked by Eric in the S5 finale when he tried to eat the fairy club.

quote:

What about Niall the fairy godfather? I'd love to see Rutger Hauer again before it's all over.

He's off in another dimension, AFAIK. The last time we saw him was when he jumped out of a portal in Sookie's bathroom to help Jason stake Warlow. I believe he's confirmed for an appearance in one of the upcoming episodes but I could be wrong.

quote:

Does anyone else get the feeling that we may ultimately find out that there's no real 'True Death' and that there's a vamp afterlife? Didn't Godrick appear to Bill way back, or was that just a hallucination or something?
And given the song at the end of this episode and the episode's title, 'Death Is Not The End', as well as how crazy True Blood is anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if we find that there's an afterlife for all. I didn't pay too much attention to the Lilith/Billith poo poo so I don't know if that was addressed in any way.

Edit: Wait, did someone kill Russell last season? drat I'm dumb.

I think an afterlife is probably inconsequential to the show's overall plot, like in the sense that the writers send ghosts out to people whenever they feel they're needed. What I want to know is what the hell happened to Lillith. I was thinking she was going to be the show's Big Bad or something but she legit just vanished off the face of the Earth after possessing Bill for like two weeks and driving him to save a room full of vampires. She might've been a far more interesting foe than the stupid Hep-V vamps. I would also have liked to seen the show incorporate more demon-like creatures and enemies than just boring vampires but hey, I'm not a TB writer. If I was, the humans would've just bombed Fangtasia during the day :v:

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 14, 2014

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Captain Mog posted:

Staked by Eric in the S5 finale when he tried to eat the fairy club.

He's off in another dimension, AFAIK. The last time we saw him was when he jumped out of a portal in Sookie's bathroom to help Jason stake Warlow. I believe he's confirmed for an appearance in one of the upcoming episodes but I could be wrong.

I think an afterlife is probably inconsequential to the show's overall plot, like in the sense that the writers send ghosts out to people whenever they feel they're needed. What I want to know is what the hell happened to Lillith. I was thinking she was going to be the show's Big Bad or something but she legit just vanished off the face of the Earth after possessing Bill for like two weeks and driving him to save a room full of vampires. She might've been a far more interesting foe than the stupid Hep-V vamps.

Okay, thanks. Really all I care about is seeing Pam and Lafayette survive; everyone else can just go right ahead and die. I doubt both of them will though and I'm not sure who I would prefer to live. Pam is just such an awesome bitch and Lafayette is, well, Lafayette. Oh, I'd like to see Jason make it as well just so he can continue loving whoever he wants. It'd also be great to see Eric live but at this point I think curing him of the virus would be a bit too much even for True Blood.

We didn't get to see nearly enough of Godrick though, and that's one of my biggest gripes.

Edit: I'm sure I was not hearing the dialogue correctly but I could swear that the Magister called Pam "MISTER De Beaufort" during the flashback sequence and for a moment I had thoughts of Pam being a transsexual vamp. That would be awesome. :D

isaboo fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 14, 2014

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

pahuyuth posted:

We didn't get to see nearly enough of Godrick though, and that's one of my biggest gripes.

I really liked Godrick, too. I'm glad they deviated from the book on him. In the book he wants to meet the sun because he's a pedophile and can't keep himself from diddling kids.

ContraceptiveCereal
Mar 27, 2010

Small White Dragon posted:

So, the Hep V vampires are dead (at least locally, save Erik). What's the rest of the season about?

The True Blood corporation, imo.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

ContraceptiveCereal posted:

The True Blood corporation, imo.
Cannot wait for more hilarious Yakuza people saying Sarah Newlin

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

pahuyuth posted:

Edit: I'm sure I was not hearing the dialogue correctly but I could swear that the Magister called Pam "MISTER De Beaufort" during the flashback sequence and for a moment I had thoughts of Pam being a transsexual vamp. That would be awesome. :D

That's all I heard as well, and he said it multiple times. I think it was just a mocking joke of the character's.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
Tonight of a very special episode of True Blood Bill Compton must help his daughter Jessica with her eating disorder and Eric Northman continues to have issues with his stage one diagnosis.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
So how come vampires don't get "the bleeds" anymore if they're awake during the day? Bill, Jessica and her boyfriend were all fine this episode.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Apoplexy posted:

That's all I heard as well, and he said it multiple times. I think it was just a mocking joke of the character's.

I heard that too, but I'm assuming what he was actually saying was "Miss De Beaufort" and the Miss and De were running together.

Tin Miss posted:

So how come vampires don't get "the bleeds" anymore if they're awake during the day? Bill, Jessica and her boyfriend were all fine this episode.

In the scene where Jessica and her bf were in bed together it looked weirdly like there was daylight coming from the window, but I think it was just lamplight and it was evening.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Tin Miss posted:

Bill was having the bleeds, you could see a small stream coming out of his ears as he talked to Jessica right before Sookie showed up. I'm not sure why Jess and her boyfriend weren't, but Bill definitely was.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Jess had no blood to bleed.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

timp posted:

I heard that too, but I'm assuming what he was actually saying was "Miss De Beaufort" and the Miss and De were running together.

And there's the answer. I really need closed captions sometimes.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Hey, that was a pretty good episode. Maybe they can finish this on a good note after all.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tin Miss posted:

I've been wondering that since at least last season. It used to be this big thing but then suddenly just wasn't any more.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

wordsauce posted:

Jess had no blood to bleed.

Pam-sandinyourcooch.gif

E:

close enough

Beeb fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jul 15, 2014

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

timp posted:

In the scene where Jessica and her bf were in bed together it looked weirdly like there was daylight coming from the window, but I think it was just lamplight and it was evening.

That scene and the adjacent scene with Eric and Pam on the jet were very oddly overlit. In previous seasons you had stuff like the like the vampire hotel, where they had blacked out windows and the interior lighting was pretty limited. EricAir Flight 666 and Casa de Bill seemed downright cozy.

Lipset and Rock On
Jan 18, 2009
So considering all the hints that keep getting dropped about this Japanese corporation that worked with the Authority to invent True Blood which we never heard about until this season, what's the odds of seeing them pop up in the next couple of episodes?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Lipset and Rock On posted:

So considering all the hints that keep getting dropped about this Japanese corporation that worked with the Authority to invent True Blood which we never heard about until this season, what's the odds of seeing them pop up in the next couple of episodes?
Uhh, they've been name dropped in the first ever episode and they were in a pretty decent background role last season (when the senator had the rep over to convince her to make TB there).

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Sober posted:

Uhh, they've been name dropped in the first ever episode and they were in a pretty decent background role last season (when the senator had the rep over to convince her to make TB there).

Yeah the Japanese manufacturer of Tru Blood is hardly new. They invented the synthetic blood back in the day and now they're pissed that an affiliate made Hep-V tainted product.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Since it was just an affiliate in America who did it, wouldn't that mean that vampires all over the world should be alright, it's mostly just american ones who are hosed? they made it sound like it was a worldwide thing

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Nah, they hired yer man from Predators for a two minute cameo, never to be seen again.

Pam & Eric 4Eva.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Twee as gently caress posted:

Since it was just an affiliate in America who did it, wouldn't that mean that vampires all over the world should be alright, it's mostly just american ones who are hosed? they made it sound like it was a worldwide thing

Even America seems a bit much to me; I can't understand how this problem ever made it out of Louisiana. Also, how was the governor of Louisiana able to declare it legal to kill and torture vampires? Wouldn't the federal government overrule that? And why didn't the vampires all just leave the state? Last season made no sense at all.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tiggum posted:

Even America seems a bit much to me; I can't understand how this problem ever made it out of Louisiana. Also, how was the governor of Louisiana able to declare it legal to kill and torture vampires? Wouldn't the federal government overrule that? And why didn't the vampires all just leave the state? Last season made no sense at all.

We had a mayor that basically sold the city streets to a privatized company that now collects parking fares and our city's police enforce it. Politicians are loving assholes.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Tiggum posted:

Probably incredibly easy to classify vampires as terrorists, as they should be. The governor did nothing wrong.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Twee as gently caress posted:

I think the ones that got bombed before all of that were the biggest bottling plants that distributed throughout the world. And then Senator Burrell took advantage of that and sold them a bottling plant. I believe they did end up shipping a bunch of HepV tainted shipments of TruBlood out pretty far before they could stop it all.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Not only has the Japanese company that invented and manufactures True Blood been mentioned several times on the show, but at one point someone talked about how a (vampirized, obivously) Louis Pasteur works there and was involved in it's development. The Yakuza relationship is new however.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ultramiraculous posted:

Yeah the Japanese manufacturer of Tru Blood is hardly new. They invented the synthetic blood back in the day and now they're pissed that an affiliate made Hep-V tainted product.

Also pissed at Sarah Newlin specifically for turning their boss's head into a paste in the vampire compound at the end of last season.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why wouldn't the vampire airline test its clients for hep v?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

RandomCheese posted:

Also pissed at Sarah Newlin specifically for turning their boss's head into a paste in the vampire compound at the end of last season.
Yeah but the hilarious attempt at a necksnap from behind was worth it.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

nooneofconsequence posted:

Because the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

nooneofconsequence posted:

Be quiet the writers are sleeping.

• Locked thread