Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PJOmega
May 5, 2009

alg posted:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4868

Work on getting the cycles out on time, FFG =/

That's not a promising sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

PJOmega posted:

That's not a promising sign.

They did the same thing with AGoT, except that was worse because instead of a completely different card game just using the same IP, the Game of Thrones card game took the exact gameplay mechanics of the LCG, simplified it a little, and then printed a two player game using HBOs art.

This has nothing to do with the LCG team.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Carteret posted:

They did the same thing with AGoT, except that was worse because instead of a completely different card game just using the same IP, the Game of Thrones card game took the exact gameplay mechanics of the LCG, simplified it a little, and then printed a two player game using HBOs art.

This has nothing to do with the LCG team.

That was an introductory set capitalizing on the shows popularity that could be sold in Target and Walmart. It was actually an excellent expansion of the GoT LCG.

SWLCG has been feeling dead in the water for awhile. This simply feels bad. I'd be more optimistic if the box was a special introductory for the LCG like the GoT one I'd be more inclined to think they're trying to expand their player base.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

PJOmega posted:

That was an introductory set capitalizing on the shows popularity that could be sold in Target and Walmart. It was actually an excellent expansion of the GoT LCG.

SWLCG has been feeling dead in the water for awhile. This simply feels bad. I'd be more optimistic if the box was a special introductory for the LCG like the GoT one I'd be more inclined to think they're trying to expand their player base.

I guess I'll just have to disagree. FFG will plaster any game they can with an IP if they can make it work. There's a Hobbit card game out there, as well as like 4 or 5 LoTR boardgames. I don't feel they are shorting the LoTR LCG by doing so, and these two games are going after two completely different audiences. I don't see a competitive player picking up this new Star Wars box.

I could just be an idiot, however.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
How is "consistently releasing force packs and deluxe expansions" dead in the water?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I don't feel like the game is dead, in fact I think the game has more support than ever, but the wait for this cycle sucked rear end.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

I don't feel like the game is dead, in fact I think the game has more support than ever, but the wait for this cycle sucked rear end.

This is something I think everyone can agree with. JESUS that was a long drought.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

jivjov posted:

How is "consistently releasing force packs and deluxe expansions" dead in the water?

Sales, online discussion, tournament turnouts. I like the game but most of the local stores aren't carrying it or only carrying a pack or two of the latest release and still have inventory sitting on shelves.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I suppose this is a bad time to ask questions about getting into the game if its not doing too well? I had my eye on the game for a while, but never bit the bullet. Recently, I've gotten into Netrunner, and started taking a look at the other LCGs I've liked the look of.

How is the game in multiplayer? Specifically, playing the Balance of the Force challenge decks with 3 people (1 vs 2)? I'm kind of looking for a fun card game that does 3 player multiplayer well, and just remembered SW. If I wanted to get started, could I get the Core Set + Balance of the Force and have a good time or are some of the other expansions/extra cores necessary/mandatory?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I suppose this is a bad time to ask questions about getting into the game if its not doing too well? I had my eye on the game for a while, but never bit the bullet. Recently, I've gotten into Netrunner, and started taking a look at the other LCGs I've liked the look of.

How is the game in multiplayer? Specifically, playing the Balance of the Force challenge decks with 3 people (1 vs 2)? I'm kind of looking for a fun card game that does 3 player multiplayer well, and just remembered SW. If I wanted to get started, could I get the Core Set + Balance of the Force and have a good time or are some of the other expansions/extra cores necessary/mandatory?

You'd also want Edge of Darkness the other deluxe expansion currently available, the core set is really just Sith/Navy/Rebel/Jedi and the Edge is Smugglers/Spies.

Talking to a rep from GW about this and other LCGs like Netrunner, this one apparently had extremely good Core Set sales but then nobody bought the expansions. They recently announced another deluxe so it seems the game is selling at least well enough for them to keep printing expansions which is good. Talking to players at the Singapore Regional, the long drought between first and second cycles cost them a couple players.

Regarding the Multiplayer Challenge decks, they play a bit similar to the Lord of the Rings Adventure decks which means they could almost run themselves. A competitive player will jump right in and do well with them, while lesser skilled players should have a good challenge trying to crack them and building a lot of different decks to try. Could they be broken with Core Set and Smugglers and Spies only? Probably. Would you have a good time trying? Yeah, I think so.

Ronald Nixon
Mar 18, 2012
I found this thread and watched the video, it looks cool.

What is the process for buying the cards? Can I just buy one of each on this page http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/showproducts.cfm?Step=1&FullCat=328 and then I have all I need?

Is this game fun to mess about with on your own? It looks like there's not much but for the edge battles that are affected by knowledge of your opponent's current hand, and that it's more about the deck and objective assault choice. I ask because I'm in Australia and odds of finding another to play are slim!

I'm interested anyway though because I like the art and the idea of the game. It seems like chess, except you set up the board a little differently each time and then play a bunch of tactical minigames.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/Exclusive_Preview_of_the_Join_Us_or_Die_LCG_expansion_158456.asp

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ronald Nixon posted:

I found this thread and watched the video, it looks cool.

What is the process for buying the cards? Can I just buy one of each on this page http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/showproducts.cfm?Step=1&FullCat=328 and then I have all I need?

Is this game fun to mess about with on your own? It looks like there's not much but for the edge battles that are affected by knowledge of your opponent's current hand, and that it's more about the deck and objective assault choice. I ask because I'm in Australia and odds of finding another to play are slim!

I'm interested anyway though because I like the art and the idea of the game. It seems like chess, except you set up the board a little differently each time and then play a bunch of tactical minigames.

Actually Australia seems to have a pretty healthy scene, I considered flying to their regional as well this year but it conflicted with the one I did go to in Singapore.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia Regional held at Ace Comics Annerley
There's a list of more places to play here.

If you want to buy everything as complete as you can get it, you'd want:

Core Set x2
Edge of Darkness x2
Balance of the Force x1

then one of each force pack:

The Desolation of Hoth
The Search for Skywalker
A Dark Time
Assault on Echo Base
The Battle of Hoth
Escape from Hoth

Heroes and Legends
Lure of the Dark Side
Knowledge and Defense

That set might be worth running along side Jedi just for Infiltration and the extra tactics icons. Observation point could be pretty strong and it might be worth including in that Speeder deck to help Attack Pattern Delta go off.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 15, 2014

Ronald Nixon
Mar 18, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

Actually Australia seems to have a pretty healthy scene, I considered flying to their regional as well this year but it conflicted with the one I did go to in Singapore.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia Regional held at Ace Comics Annerley
There's a list of more places to play here.

If you want to buy everything as complete as you can get it, you'd want:

Core Set x2
Edge of Darkness x2
Balance of the Force x1

then one of each force pack:

The Desolation of Hoth
The Search for Skywalker
A Dark Time
Assault on Echo Base
The Battle of Hoth
Escape from Hoth

Heroes and Legends
Lure of the Dark Side
Knowledge and Defense

That set might be worth running along side Jedi just for Infiltration and the extra tactics icons. Observation point could be pretty strong and it might be worth including in that Speeder deck to help Attack Pattern Delta go off.

Thanks. I found some other info and it seems like I can forego the two duplicate packs for the meantime. I found a games store that's got a special on at the moment so I can get the core and the other two and the Hoth 6 for a couple hundred bucks which seems alright to start with. I'll get the duplicates if I get the Heroes and Legends etc later (isn't yet available from that store).

Those events are all on the other side of the country, but it's better than nothing I guess!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82emAjzSDrQ

Sith spoiler for Join Us or Die

Seems neat but I don't think it will unseat any of the core sets for typical Sith decks.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

alg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82emAjzSDrQ

Sith spoiler for Join Us or Die

Seems neat but I don't think it will unseat any of the core sets for typical Sith decks.

I can't listen to the video, which card is doubled up on? The dark troopers? I'd imagine if it was Facility Repair that would make it an almost autorun.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

I can't listen to the video, which card is doubled up on? The dark troopers? I'd imagine if it was Facility Repair that would make it an almost autorun.

Troopers were the two-of.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Carteret posted:

Troopers were the two-of.

That's a shame. They're way too expensive to have 4 of in a deck, particularly given that they are non-elite and Smugglers has a lot of ways of dealing with them. I think my biggest problem is that the Dark Trooper really wants to be played alongside Navy, but the rest of the set is pretty much Sith focused. Things I do like about this is that as noted, it supports a lot of Sith objectives that aren't being used right now. The trooper is pretty strong against Smugglers, aside from the obviously problem of Sleuth Scouts, he can't be Bamboozled, Swindled or hit by Cloud City Operative. I think I would have rather seen 2 edge enabled blast instead of 1 blast & 1 gun so that you can at least potentially trade him for an objective on the LS if they throw themselves at you like Smugglers usually does. I guess blast damage is meant to be the weak spot in the Sith though.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Played in a small tournament at All Things Fun in West Berlin, NJ last night to prepare for Regionals there on Saturday. Ended up coming in 4th (of 6) but overall I was pleased with how my decks played. I used:

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Star Wars Deck Builder

Affiliation:
Imperial Navy (Core)

Total Objective Sets: (10)

2x Death and Despayre (Core)
1x Deploy the Fleet (The Search For Skywalker)
1x Sabotage in the Snow (Assault on Echo Base)
2x Unstoppable Advance (The Battle of Hoth)
1x Endless Reserves (Escape from Hoth)
1x Imperial Blockade (Edge of Darkness)
2x Victory or Death (Lure of the Dark Side)

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Star Wars Deck Builder

Affiliation:
Jedi (Core)

Total Objective Sets: (10)

2x A Hero's Journey (Core)
2x Forgotten Heroes (Core)
1x The Secret of Yavin 4 (Core)
2x Self Preservation (A Dark Time)
1x Heroes and Legends (Heroes and Legends)
2x The Flight of the Crow (Knowledge and Defense)

First game, I led with Navy against my opponent's Smugglers/Jedi. Amusingly, though most of his deck was Smugglers, he ended up playing almost all Jedi and no Smugglers. I got a Devastator out early, and blew up an Objective unopposed, but he managed to whittle it down over time with Luke's Targeted Strike. Victory-Class Star Destroyers managed to hold the Force for me, but in the end, he managed to win with the dial at 11. Almost makes me wish I had played an Imperial Officer for the extra dial advancement. He then played Sith and while Mara Jade did excellent work, Luke, Kyle, and the Moldy Crow were able to overcome.

Second game, I started with Navy again, while my opponent had Rebel Speeders. I managed to get Needa, a Victory-Class, an Orbital Resupply Station, and a Control Room out first turn. He then killed the Victory with a Snowspeeder Counterattack, damaged Victory or Death with a Speeder, then dropped a Technician to take the Force. I then drew too few units and he won with the dial at 4. His Sith deck managed to crush me as well. My opening hand was something like Obi-Wan, Valley of the Jedi, Dagobah Training Grounds, Gotal Outcast, and some others. I really wanted the resources and Obi-Wan, but I started out too slow and he was able to destroy my objectives.

Third game, Jedi were first, against a Navy deck similar to mine, though he had Dark Trooper Project. Though he started strong, his constant attacks left him overextended and I was able to keep the Force. I then played a Rahn's Guidance for a Moldy Crow to cinch the win. He then played a Rebel Hoth deck, starting strong with a Wilderness Fighter, followed soon by a Hoth Rearguard with Hoth Survival Gear, which was a big pain. However, I managed to get out an AT-AT Assault Formation and he couldn't manage to out damage me.

Overall, a nice night and I'm looking forward to Regionals even more.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Scum spoilers via CardgameDB/Smugglers Den Podcast:

Scavengers
Scum Objectice
1 Ressource
5 Capacity
Tatooine
Réaction : After this objective enters play, destroy all unit in play

Wittin
Unique Scum Unit
3 Cost
2 Force Icon
1 Ressource
1 Black Unit, 1 Black Objective, 1 White Tactic
3 Health
Character, Scavenger
While this unit is commited to the Force, it cannot be damaged or destroyed
Forced Réaction : After you loose a Force Struggle, remove this unit from the Force if able.

Jabba Scrap Dealers
Neutral Unit
2 Cost
1 Force Icon
1 Black Unit, 1 White Objective
1 Health
Character, Scavenger
Réaction : After a friendly unit is destroyed, put this unit into play from your hand

Jabba Scrap Dealers
Neutral Unit
2 Cost
1 Force Icon
1 Black Unit, 1 White Objective
1 Health
Character, Scavenger
Réaction : After a friendly unit is destroyed, put this unit into play from your hand

Watchful Eyes
Scum Event
0 Cost
1 Force Icon
Action : Look at the top 2 cards of an objective deck. You may move one of those cards to the bottom of its deck. Return the other cards to the top of its deck in any order

Seeds of Decay
Fate card
2 Force Icons
You may place 1 focus token on a target ready unit that is committed to the Force.

Doesn't set my world on fire.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

It's a neat set. Holding the force is getting a lot easier and a mildly predictable board wipe is cool, especially with Galactic Scum, etc.

I ran this yesterday and confounded some folks:

The Slave Trade x2
The Tatooine Crash x2
Lucrative Contact x2
The Dark Trooper Project x2
Victory or Death x2

Tons of resources, easy to hold the force and occasionally get an objective. Galactic Scum might be my favorite new DS card.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Picked up Join Us or Die. Not as strong a set, I think, as the last one. The new Yoda is neat, but his set kind of blows. Winter's set is neat, but very combo-ish. We'll see what is in store for us, I suppose.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

New Yoda is pretty wacky, his set is definitely not very impressive. I think this is the worst force pack this cycle. Still I think the Yoda set could be good for when the next deluxe box drops and we can run 6 copies of Yoda + 2 You Seek Yoda will lead to some crazy consistency for a Jedi "defend and hold the force" deck.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

PaybackJack posted:

New Yoda is pretty wacky, his set is definitely not very impressive. I think this is the worst force pack this cycle. Still I think the Yoda set could be good for when the next deluxe box drops and we can run 6 copies of Yoda + 2 You Seek Yoda will lead to some crazy consistency for a Jedi "defend and hold the force" deck.

Mmm, I think I agree overall. I like each individual card in May The Force Be With You, especially Yoda and the Objective, but I don't think it's very synergistic with other Jedi sets. I'm going to give it a try, but I don't know if it'll stick around. If I can get Makashi Training on him and kill the Executor in one blow, it'll be a good day.

As for the Dark Side sets, I'm going to have some fun with Veers and the Troopers. 3 Unit Damage and Targeted Strike sounds pretty good to me! At the moment, I'm thinking this:

1x Imperial Command
2x The General's Imperative
1x Repair and Refurbish
2x The Dark Trooper Project
2x The Second Phase
2x Reinforcements

Repair and Refurbish is mostly in there as my group mostly plays 2v2, but it'll help with playing the Dark Trooper Legions, so I'm not unhappy with it. Might replace a Reinforcements with another Imperial Command or a Take Them Prisoner so there's no chance of getting two Reinforcements in my opening Objective draw, though. Scouring the Empire or Victory or Death are also options for more Force commitment shenanigans.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=845032198859982&id=626368167393054&refid=18&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_activity&__tn__=%2As

Super interesting set.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I think the objective is garbage because it's almost always going to come up as a blank 5/1 objective except those rare games where it doesn't. At least with Wittin's objective there's a card that helps control it. The trooper is so-so. There's isn't a lot of control of when that effect is going to occur and playing it from hand is awful. They could have at least given it a black/white gun so it could be possibly useful on defense.

Piett is obviously an interesting card but he's also a card that doesn't nothing without other cards to support him and the effect of those other cards only serves to make other OTHER cards helpful which means he's a three card combo at least and that's awful in my book because Offensive Navy is an uphill battle against the current LS decks. He's only good on attack, does not have elite or shielding, provides no resources and costs five. I think he would have been much more reasonable at a cost of 3 even if his effect could snowball into awesomeness.

Navy is going to need a lot more help than this to take out the current group of LS decks.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Double posting to talk about the new spoiler from "It Binds All Things", Jedi objective featuring Leia!

Ties of Blood - Jedi Objective - Endor - 5 Health / 1 Resource
Reaction: After your opponents conflict phase ends, deal 1 damage to target objective that opponent controls if they did not declare are least one engagement this turn.
Awesome. Loving the defensive Jedi deck and this is exactly the type of card it needs to for the DS from sitting back and getting cozy.

Leia Organa - Jedi, Character, Force Sensitive - 3 Cost, 3 Force Icons, 2 Health - 1 Black Gun, 1 Black Star, 1 Black Tactics
Reaction: After an opponent's conflict phase ends, deal 1 damage to a target ready unit. If the Balance is with the LS, deal 2 damage instead.
Also awesome. Little put off by the two health, but a great stat line and an awesome reaction that forces your opponent to commit a fighting on their turn.

Ewok Protector - Neutral Character, Ewok - 1 cost, 1 force icon, 1 life - 1 black gun
Shielding
Solid. Great little chump defender who's basically there to hand out shielding.

Native Support
- Jedi Enhancement, Endor - 2 Cost, 1 Resource, 1 Force Icon
Action: Remove a shield from a card you control to remove 1 focus token from this enhancement or a friendly Ewok unit.
Also very solid. A bit expensive for 1 resource but it can probably fit in the early rounds. Excellent synergy with other things and cards like Jedi Mind Trick or...

Leia's Command - Jedi Event - 1 Cost, 1 Force Icon
Reaction: After an opponents conflict phase ends, deal 1 damage to each ready unit and objective controlled by that player. This damage cannot be prevented by shields.
Fantastic. 1 Damage to all objectives would have been awesome. 1 Damage to all ready units would have been great. Both together are AMAZING. I love it.

Protection

Awesome set. Very much looking forward to seeing how Sith decks will handle this. We're going to see a lot more interaction on the DS turn and that's pretty interesting.

Kabira Kaboom
Jan 13, 2007
The plate is elegant.
College Slice

PaybackJack posted:

Awesome set. Very much looking forward to seeing how Sith decks will handle this. We're going to see a lot more interaction on the DS turn and that's pretty interesting.

Cool set. I think it will really hurt those Sith decks that use big cost units early. It will make them decide whether or not to attack with the big unit or use it during the force struggle, taking unit/objective damage.

I'm going to give the following dark side deck a try:

Lord Vader's Command x 2
The Second Phase x 2
The Dark Trooper Project x 2
Reinforcements x 2
The Plan of the Prophetess x 2

The general strategy of the deck is do destroy objectives and get units out early, like Dark Trooper Legion. Using Award Ceremony on Darth Vader allows me to deploy him for 2 resources instead of 5 and commit him to the force, which is something I would normally do anyways.

Security Checkpoint gives all units committed for the force edge [1], which works well with the Phase I Dark Troopers and the Reserve Troopers. Servant of the Dark Side can help me push objective damage through, especially if The Plan of the Prophetess is on table. There are a lot of Reserve Troopers in this deck, so I'd probably keep attacking with them the turn after I commit them to the force.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I'm doing something similar now running with a Sith core, Navy shell right now.

x1 Scouring the Empire
x2 Plan of the Prophetess
x2 Dark Trooper Project
x2 Victory or Death
x1 Deploy the Fleet
x2 Imperial Command

The idea is to abuse the resources from the force control based resource enhancements in PotP and DTP to drop those costly star destroyers and still maintain a solid defense of Dark Troopers and Elite Storm trooper squads. It went 2/2 last week against a speeder deck that happened to see Attack Pattern Delta and Hoth Operations both games and got good pulls from APD. I managed to pull out both games because Force Storm came up at just the right time. I'm thinking to PotP is still better against those Smuggler decks though.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I forget, does DS skip their conflict phase on the first turn or do are they simply unable to declare attacks in their conflict phase?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

PJOmega posted:

I forget, does DS skip their conflict phase on the first turn or do are they simply unable to declare attacks in their conflict phase?

DS skips the whole conflict phase, LS just skips the removing tokens part of the Refresh phase.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

PaybackJack posted:

Chances are you don't have the stuff that saw limited release and are sitting on a bunch of premiere but I'll take them off your hands. Post some pictures, here or in private message and tell me what sets you have, if you know.

I finally got around to going through my cards and here's a rough summary after perusing swccg.org for a little while. I've got a lot of premiere and special edition, but also plenty of cards from A New Hope through Death Star 2 (although only a couple of cards from DS2).

Potentially (I have no idea here) valuable cards:
  • through the force things you will see (upside down card)
  • domain of evil (jedi test #3)
  • like 20 creature cards
  • foil biker scout trooper and ewok glider from endor
  • rebel strike team/garrison destroyed and ISB operations/empire's sinister agents objective cards
  • attack run and commence primary ignition epic event cards

finally, a whole poo poo ton of premium cards
  • han
  • leia x2
  • for luck x2
  • faithful service
  • red squadron x wing x2
  • gold squadron y wing
  • hyperroute navigation chart x2
  • tusken canyon
  • obsidian squadron tie
  • eriadu x2
  • corulag
  • boba fett w/ blaster rifle
  • dreadnaught class heavy cruiser
  • black squadron tie
  • dark forces x2
  • forced servitude
  • chall bekan
  • stormtrooper cadet
  • tarkin x2
  • motti x2
  • rebel trooper recruit x3
  • luke's t16 skyhopper
  • jundland wastes
  • arleil schous

I didn't check super thoroughly, but I definitely saw plenty of cards listed as rare on swccg.org in there. I have a light side box and dark side box, each about half full. Are the boxes worth anything too? If there are specific cards you're looking for I can go back through them and see.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

door Door door posted:

I finally got around to going through my cards and here's a rough summary after perusing swccg.org for a little while. I've got a lot of premiere and special edition, but also plenty of cards from A New Hope through Death Star 2 (although only a couple of cards from DS2).

I didn't check super thoroughly, but I definitely saw plenty of cards listed as rare on swccg.org in there. I have a light side box and dark side box, each about half full. Are the boxes worth anything too? If there are specific cards you're looking for I can go back through them and see.

I don't think the boxes are worth anything, unless they're some of the rarer tournament boxes(small cubes). The long ones, last time I checked a few years ago, are available from some sellers on ebay with the cards. Any misprints you might ask around the forums on the player committee site; there's probably some collectors on there. Otherwise it doesn't sound like you have anything of particular value so you might just try posting it on the website as a lot and taking pictures of a few of the foils and main characters. Sounds like it would probably be more expensive for me to have those shipped out there to Taiwan, but I'll bet you could get at least 40USD~ for everything.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

PaybackJack posted:

I don't think the boxes are worth anything, unless they're some of the rarer tournament boxes(small cubes). The long ones, last time I checked a few years ago, are available from some sellers on ebay with the cards. Any misprints you might ask around the forums on the player committee site; there's probably some collectors on there. Otherwise it doesn't sound like you have anything of particular value so you might just try posting it on the website as a lot and taking pictures of a few of the foils and main characters. Sounds like it would probably be more expensive for me to have those shipped out there to Taiwan, but I'll bet you could get at least 40USD~ for everything.

Aight, thanks. Yeah doesn't sound like that would be worth the shipping for you. I'll go make an account over on the site.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I got home from a com and bought this, thinking it would be cool. I'm still learning how to play it but I was wondering if I decided to go deeper into it, is there a good site anywhere for deck lists or ideas on which expansions and force packs to get?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

I got home from a com and bought this, thinking it would be cool. I'm still learning how to play it but I was wondering if I decided to go deeper into it, is there a good site anywhere for deck lists or ideas on which expansions and force packs to get?

CardgameDB is pretty much the HQ of strategy / discussion for the game. It sucks to say it but all the expansions/force packs are worth getting. Maybe start with just the core and Edge of Darkness to get a feel for the game.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

New Preview up of the Rogue Squadron Cycle http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4920

Carteret fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 14, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

YES. gently caress YES. Pilots and ships. YES.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I was just thinking the other day about how I wished this was more of a theme and *poof* here it is. Very excited. However it looks like they're relying on the Pilot mechanic a bit too much. Hopefully there's a lot of stuff that works without being a pilot. It would have been nice if the keyword allowed you to attach things after they're in play, Hobbie can "get in" a ship after he's already in play by paying 1. Piloting should be gravy on an already good thing, or a way to flex a card into a different type of strategy, instead it looks like they're making you use 2 cards to really get *anything* at all. I'm not disappointed, just a little skeptical and hopeful that we'll see some really powerful stuff come out of this to make the Pilot mechanic worthwhile.

Also the best card previewed out there is Lost Master, time to dig out Forgotten Heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

I was just thinking the other day about how I wished this was more of a theme and *poof* here it is. Very excited. However it looks like they're relying on the Pilot mechanic a bit too much. Hopefully there's a lot of stuff that works without being a pilot. It would have been nice if the keyword allowed you to attach things after they're in play, Hobbie can "get in" a ship after he's already in play by paying 1. Piloting should be gravy on an already good thing, or a way to flex a card into a different type of strategy, instead it looks like they're making you use 2 cards to really get *anything* at all. I'm not disappointed, just a little skeptical and hopeful that we'll see some really powerful stuff come out of this to make the Pilot mechanic worthwhile.

Also the best card previewed out there is Lost Master, time to dig out Forgotten Heroes.

It was my understanding by parsing the news post that Pilot works exactly as you described: you can pay 1 for Hobbie "get in" a ship after he's already in play. Also, since they are both still separate units, can you attack one objective with the ship and another with the pilot? Focusing one doesn't focus the other. I'm sure they'll go into more detail later.

• Locked thread