Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
What is a minimal mod that integrates crossbows and bolts into leveled lists? Bonus points if it is compatible with CCO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gyshall posted:

What is a minimal mod that integrates crossbows and bolts into leveled lists? Bonus points if it is compatible with CCO

The OP mentions Convenient Crossbows which sounds like what you're looking for.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I fixed my bald guard problem, for some reason open faced helmets wasn't working correctly, I removed it and rebuilt my merged/lootification/ASIS patches and it seems to be working great now.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Gyshall posted:

I believe CCO actually does that. Look under Mod Options in it's MCM menu.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
http://pastebin.com/tLmbyyr0

what did i gently caress up to cause start up crashes this time

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
What is the best playable skeleton race mod? The one I got by googling makes it so that my jawbone is visible in first person view. Or, alternatively, a solution to fix the jawview

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Ok BOSS is cool and told my how I hosed up

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
What's a good way to be a cloth wearing mage as a primary playstyle? I've always relied on armor or stealth to survive, especially at early levels.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

muike posted:

Ok BOSS is cool and told my how I hosed up

Cool kids use LOOT now :cheers:

It actually checks your plugins for dependencies and sorts them that way instead of going by a master list.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Does the newest version of SKSE have the memory fix or do I still need to do an .ini edit?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
So how do you get FNIS to work with MO exactly? I've googled around a bit but for some reason I just can't figure it out.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mr E posted:

Does the newest version of SKSE have the memory fix or do I still need to do an .ini edit?
It's intergrated in SKSE as of version 1.7.0. But it's disabled by default and you'll still need to enable it via a .ini edit.
Note that SKSE uses different values then the original tweak from sheson. See this post.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Talmonis posted:

What's a good way to be a cloth wearing mage as a primary playstyle? I've always relied on armor or stealth to survive, especially at early levels.

Download and use the pretty sweet Bound Armor mod. Phoneposting, so no link.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

razorrozar posted:

Cool kids use LOOT now :cheers:

It actually checks your plugins for dependencies and sorts them that way instead of going by a master list.

dude I still use nmm because it was already installed, i don't know if i can move on to a new 4 letter acronym

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Talmonis posted:

A number of the spell packages and perk overhauls give a substantial boost to the armor spells from the alteration school if you're wearing all cloth.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Tracula posted:

So how do you get FNIS to work with MO exactly? I've googled around a bit but for some reason I just can't figure it out.

Normally, you just add it as an executable, just like any other external program. Is there something in particular it's doing wrong? Any errors?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Talmonis posted:

SPERG has an Alteration perk that makes the armor spells permanent (and level Alteration like an armor skill), and that works pretty well.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Emong posted:

SPERG has an Alteration perk that makes the armor spells permanent (and level Alteration like an armor skill), and that works pretty well.

It also makes the spells worth 4 times as much as long as you aren't wearing any actual armor.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Man, I have to get SPERG.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

razorrozar posted:

It's pretty much necessary, in my opinion. Plus the author posts here pretty often and is a pretty cool cat who makes an excellent mod.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

razorrozar posted:

You really do, it's pretty fantastic. It made Alchemy and Speech, already my favorites, far more fun. Mix alchemy with Hunterborn, and things become hilarious.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Emong posted:

Do the Armor spells make you look like a Plated up Daedra? Or is that just Bound Armor? I want to rock my robes.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Talmonis posted:

Do the Armor spells make you look like a Plated up Daedra? Or is that just Bound Armor? I want to rock my robes.

They just make you glow blue, I think.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

razorrozar posted:

They just make you glow blue, I think.

Sweet. Glowing is a mage's perogative.

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
I've only used Requiem before; how does SPERG compare?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Zombie #246 posted:

I've only used Requiem before; how does SPERG compare?

SPERG is a lightweight mod compared to Requiem. Whereas Requiem changes the entire game, SPERG only makes changes to the skill system.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Talmonis posted:

You get a glow effect if you don't have the permanent Mage Armor perk. If do there's no lasting visual effect.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Alasyre posted:

Normally, you just add it as an executable, just like any other external program. Is there something in particular it's doing wrong? Any errors?

I just wasn't doing it right basically. I had some things running out of order or not loading into MO correctly. All good now.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Scyantific posted:

SPERG is a lightweight mod compared to Requiem. Whereas Requiem changes the entire game, SPERG only makes changes to the skill system.

By this he means they're not really comparable.

If it's got you curious, try it.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

You get a glow effect if you don't have the permanent Mage Armor perk. If do there's no lasting visual effect.

Is there a way to change that? Maybe with the console, addeffect whatever?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

omg chael crash posted:

My game keeps locking up but not crashing every time I get to the dudes executing the Vigilante of Stendar in the first Dawnguard dungeon, not certain what's causing it. Here's what I'm running, maybe you guys can give me a suggestion or two?

Any chance you guys can look this over before I start turning off mods?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

omg chael crash posted:

Any chance you guys can look this over before I start turning off mods?

I'll bet the mods are already turned off by us. :colbert:

My first suggestion is to do the "hard cell reset" thing I'm always suggesting: coc qasmoke, pcb, wait 31 days, coc Goodsprings Riverwood, etc.

Second, try toggling off the AI and Combat AI and approaching them. tai and tcai in the console. Maybe it's their reaction that's crashing it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Somehow I didn't install categorized favorites right but it still works well enough to use. i think that's kind of my experience with mods

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Was there some install step I missed when putting Morrowloot in that makes it actually affect the loot tables? I'm hitting around level 14 on one of my characters and suddenly bandits are packing Orcish weapons. It's definitely affecting the overworld loot portion because there's a glass axe just sitting on the blacksmith's anvil in Solitude, but I feel like my bashed patch might not have realized what it should have prioritized.

Any help?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

muike posted:

Somehow I didn't install categorized favorites right but it still works well enough to use. i think that's kind of my experience with mods

What's wrong with it? If you're getting an Incorrect SWF Version complaint from SkyUI, you can turn that off in the SkyUI MCM settings.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Heavy Lobster posted:

Was there some install step I missed when putting Morrowloot in that makes it actually affect the loot tables? I'm hitting around level 14 on one of my characters and suddenly bandits are packing Orcish weapons. It's definitely affecting the overworld loot portion because there's a glass axe just sitting on the blacksmith's anvil in Solitude, but I feel like my bashed patch might not have realized what it should have prioritized.

Any help?

Do you have both a bashed patch and a tesedit merged patch? If so did you remove the leveled lists from the merged patch? Also make sure you have the right bash tags on Morrowloot, it should have delev and probably relev. Its also possible that another mod added weapons to the lists as well and bash is including them. Try opening your whole load order in tesedit and looking at the leveled lists in morrowloot and see what other mods modify the same ones.

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

I'm getting a constant double mouse cursor which I just can't get rid of. I used to get this bug, but alt-tabbing would usually get rid of it. Now I always have the windows mouse cursor there, which means it's pretty much unplayable....any ideas? I've tried most of the standard things recommended.

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

I'm getting a constant double mouse cursor which I just can't get rid of. I used to get this bug, but alt-tabbing would usually get rid of it. Now I always have the windows mouse cursor there, which means it's pretty much unplayable....any ideas? I've tried most of the standard things recommended.
Did you try this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40706/

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Agents are GO! posted:

What's wrong with it? If you're getting an Incorrect SWF Version complaint from SkyUI, you can turn that off in the SkyUI MCM settings.

It's probably something like that yeah. Thanks. I'll try and figure out how to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I highly doubt this, but are there any mods that change khajit into bears?

I just want to stuff a bear into a suit of armor and make him run around decapitating people.

• Locked thread