Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

DoktorLoken posted:

POST THE ORDERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

Full Battle Rattle posted:

There's a water crisis on Hood?

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/07/13/fort-hood-enters-emergency-stage-4-water-conservation/

Some construction guys nailed the only water line into the main cantonment. There was no water flowing in my barracks this morning.

I'm parked at the staging area right now. Theres like 80 something lmtvs with buffs here. Plus those trucks with the 2500 gallon tanks.

The fill point is a single hose that fills a buff in 7 minutes.

Long day ahead.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

TPSDude posted:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/07/13/fort-hood-enters-emergency-stage-4-water-conservation/

Some construction guys nailed the only water line into the main cantonment. There was no water flowing in my barracks this morning.

I'm parked at the staging area right now. Theres like 80 something lmtvs with buffs here. Plus those trucks with the 2500 gallon tanks.

Long day ahead.

Was this like a "hey let's pile every unit on post on the one hose" idea or something? Make your CQ/SD do that poo poo at night.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

TPSDude posted:

Long day ahead.
lol

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
The problem cole is that you have a Corps plus filling all available potable water containers with a single hose, and that the Army is running it.

My BN got the frago at 10pm last night, I didn't get hey you'd till 0730, despite the frago stating key personell were to be picked asap and to come in to work at 0600. My unit was an hour behind our brigades hit time for convoy departure.

It has gotten real dumb here, apparently my brigade hasn't had any of it's water buffs certified recently so we are now filling them, throwing chlorine in, testing it, if pass then dump and get in line again. If fail dump and scrub down on site and get in line again for another test.

Ironhorse :bahgawd:

TPSDude fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 14, 2014

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

TPSDude posted:

Long day ahead.

This smacks of "Army Logic" so much it hurts.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay
I have to go find a place on Benning or Columbus that will make this into a poster http://puu.sh/ab9th/f463123414.jpg.

"It would behoove you to hydrate prior to physical activity. Also drink water."

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

TPSDude posted:

The problem cole is that you have a Corps plus filling all available potable water containers with a single hose, and that the Army is running it.

My BN got the frago at 10pm last night, I didn't get hey you'd till 0730, despite the frago stating key personell were to be picked asap and to come in to work at 0600. My unit was an hour behind our brigades hit time for convoy departure.

It has gotten real dumb here, apparently my brigade hasn't had any of it's water buffs certified recently so we are now filling them, throwing chlorine in, testing it, if pass then dump and get in line again. If fail dump and scrub down on site and get in line again for another test.

It's funny after you get out of the military how differently you appreciate these stories.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

forgot closure for nice's anasi decision

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

This is like a third of the vehicles at the water point. I'm also unimpressed with the non skillcraft brand bleach they handed me too pour two thirds of into the buff before dumping it.

Apparently other brigades are in the same boat and thousands of gallons of clean drinking water is just being wasted here.

The water is also apparently working again in my area of the post so this may ultimately all be in vain.

TPSDude fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 14, 2014

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Is that 2/3rds bleach for each buffalo?

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
2/3rds bottle per full buff. Its what a SSG told me to do, my mos is dubbed fister, as if I would know gently caress all about milspec potable water cleaning procedure.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

TPSDude posted:

2/3rds bottle per full buff. Its what a SSG told me to do, my mos is dubbed fister, as if I would know gently caress all about milspec potable water cleaning procedure.

That's a lot of bleach, gently caress. And no skillcraft :frogout:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

TPSDude posted:

Lowest ranking soldier pounds a canteen, wait 15 minutes, NBC NCO calls clear

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

Lowest ranking soldier pounds a canteen, wait 15 minutes, NBC NCO calls clear, PSG gets an AAM for supervising

Isimoad
Sep 8, 2010

TPSDude posted:

Ironhorse sounds familiar, im in 15th bsb and went through the same bullshit this morning. I did take a massive poo poo in the motor pool before we were told not to poo poo in the motor pool.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

Isimoad posted:

Ironhorse sounds familiar,

1BCT 1CD, aka the lovely brigade that hasn't been to combat in four years that my bn was transferred to.

Mission successful, one water buffalo deployed at the barracks, never mind it's leaks...

Total wait in line was about 7 hours.

The water point that saved Ft Hood.

Welcome to the Great Place!

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
It's rained in Florida every day for like a month so my sympathies friend

Fuck My Ass
Mar 24, 2010
College Slice
Is anyone ITT unfortunate enough to be stationed at Ft.Benning as an 11b? I just got back from Sandhill and couldn't imagine being there active duty. Also, there is a POG unit on Sandhill, which I thought was the weirdest thing in my life. We always knew it was them because their UFR formations looked like complete and total rear end, I couldn't tell if it was a UFR or pt test lol.

Fuck My Ass fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 15, 2014

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
Paging PVT Anansi to the thread.

PVT Anansi, you're needed on the multicam phone.

Fuck My Ass
Mar 24, 2010
College Slice

Fucitol posted:

Remember kids, if it ain't Multicam, it ain't poo poo. MULTICAM EVERYTHING

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Fucitol posted:

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

TPSDude posted:

Only guy honest enough to admit being licensed for a water buffalo. Got stuck being tc for truck running water runs while everyone else gets the day off. This is coming off of staff duty on staurday. Hows everyone else on hood handling the water crisis?

What unit are you in? This sounds awfully familiar to a situation we faced today.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Anansi: Oh hey Drill SGT yeah no problem I'll tell the SGM good night when he walks past the CQ desk *is on CQ duty* *DS laughs, takes nap in SUV for 2 hours*

e; i would personally not say what unit i was from, especially if I was in a role where it would be trivially easy to identify the only E fuzz cadre

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Cole posted:

It's funny after you get out of the military how differently you appreciate these stories.

the only thing that would make this the pinnacle of army moments would be if they fixed the water main before even 1/4 the trucks went through/buffalos got cleaned out and filled and sent to wherever, and then a bunch of buffalos/trucks rolled over and wrecked into each other causing a giant pileup where none of the queued trucks could leave despite the water crisis being solved

In another sort of hey you moment, one time the alarm system in our arms room went out so we had to rotate dudes out 2 at a time every hour (nothing too crazy, just one one hour shift on a weekend and in civilian clothes). Our 1SG unironically gave us a metal rod to use as a weapon in case of intruders, since I guess they couldn't get into the arms room for whatever reason (ignoring the fact that literally nobody "guarding" anything on post is armed in the first place, but army.txt)

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 15, 2014

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

gently caress My rear end posted:

Is anyone ITT unfortunate enough to be stationed at Ft.Benning as an 11b? I just got back from Sandhill and couldn't imagine being there active duty. Also, there is a POG unit on Sandhill, which I thought was the weirdest thing in my life. We always knew it was them because their UFR formations looked like complete and total rear end, I couldn't tell if it was a UFR or pt test lol.

Hi, also yes, 2-47 is on Sand Hill on the other side of the 2/54 DFAC. I am stationed on Fort Benning as an 11B working on Sand Hill. Not with 3rd ID though, I'm with 198th, We'd always make fun of them as they were leaving the DFAC to the point that one of their FAT AS gently caress DSes came up and tried to smoke us with his other 2 dipshit pog fuckhead DSes, to which one of our DSes almost went to fists with him which was probably the greatest loving thing I've ever witnessed because he was hungover as gently caress still tipsy as poo poo bullshitting with us in the DFAC and making fun of one female DS (Anyone on sandhill knows all 4 of them including the white bitch but no namedropping or SHARP might loving eat me alive before I get to go balls deep in her slut rear end). Fat gently caress DS comes out tries to smoke the poo poo out of us by doing 8 count pushups 5 times, then our DS comes out laughing his rear end off saying "They do that poo poo themselves you fat piece of poo poo, how about you do some 8 count pushups back to your loving desk while I gently caress your wife. I bet she's a benefit hopper just like your loving fat rear end." To which a little argument broke out infront of us. DS ended up storming off in a hurried fashion when our DS challenged him to a pushup loving contest. Also I hate that the loving 2-47 people carry their rifles to the dfac and stage them outside. Our entire company got a counseling statement when we stole every firing pin out of their M16s and ripped off their guidon flag, using it as a bandana bag for said firing pins. Our DSes couldn't punish us because they were dying laughing but the Captain forced the 1sgt to give us the counseling statement.

Apparently you can't call anyone on Sand Hill a POG anymore because its a sharp violation because its "hazing"

In other news, today wasn't too bad, They started week 4 so they're zeroing their M4s, aka shooting the first time ever in some of their lives. Probably the funniest think was a kid getting put on the ground by the 1sgt because he pointed his weapon at him when he was showing a DS that his M4 had triple fed.

Edit: Thank you fellow warriors and members of a team for my new title and picture

Anansi The Spider fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 15, 2014

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

Our 1SG unironically gave us a metal rod to use as a weapon in case of intruders, since I guess they couldn't get into the arms room for whatever reason (ignoring the fact that literally nobody "guarding" anything on post is armed in the first place, but army.txt)

you never got live rounds on guard duty? weird

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Anansi stories make me ashamed to be a vet. We need to silence him so no one ever knows how deep the rabbit hole truly goes.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Anansi The Spider posted:

Hi, also yes, 2-47 is on Sand Hill on the other side of the 2/54 DFAC. I am stationed on Fort Benning as an 11B working on Sand Hill. Not with 3rd ID though, I'm with 198th, We'd always make fun of them as they were leaving the DFAC to the point that one of their FAT AS gently caress DSes came up and tried to smoke us with his other 2 dipshit pog fuckhead DSes, to which one of our DSes almost went to fists with him which was probably the greatest loving thing I've ever witnessed because he was hungover as gently caress still tipsy as poo poo bullshitting with us in the DFAC and making fun of one female DS (Anyone on sandhill knows all 4 of them including the white bitch but no namedropping or SHARP might loving eat me alive before I get to go balls deep in her slut rear end). Fat gently caress DS comes out tries to smoke the poo poo out of us by doing 8 count pushups 5 times, then our DS comes out laughing his rear end off saying "They do that poo poo themselves you fat piece of poo poo, how about you do some 8 count pushups back to your loving desk while I gently caress your wife. I bet she's a benefit hopper just like your loving fat rear end." To which a little argument broke out infront of us. DS ended up storming off in a hurried fashion when our DS challenged him to a pushup loving contest. Also I hate that the loving 2-47 people carry their rifles to the dfac and stage them outside. Our entire company got a counseling statement when we stole every firing pin out of their M16s and ripped off their guidon flag, using it as a bandana bag for said firing pins. Our DSes couldn't punish us because they were dying laughing but the Captain forced the 1sgt to give us the counseling statement.

Apparently you can't call anyone on Sand Hill a POG anymore because its a sharp violation because its "hazing"

In other news, today wasn't too bad, They started week 4 so they're zeroing their M4s, aka shooting the first time ever in some of their lives. Probably the funniest think was a kid getting put on the ground by the 1sgt because he pointed his weapon at him when he was showing a DS that his M4 had triple fed.

Edit: Thank you fellow warriors and members of a team for my new title and picture

:allears:

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

stevenolson88 posted:

What unit are you in? This sounds awfully familiar to a situation we faced today.

1/1cd's newest Bn.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Please get a CIB tattoo

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Now you can wear your IET Regimental pin on your ASU's without looking like a chump! :allears:

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Zeris posted:

Please get a CIB tattoo

We had a medic straight out of AIT with a CMB tattoo.

HelpImARock3
May 27, 2010

Don't get treed by a Chihuahua

Kaliber posted:

We had a medic straight out of AIT with a CMB tattoo.

Guy in my unit has a tattoo of the flag on his shoulder in IR black and white. I don't think he's deployed, or ever even worn the IR flag for any reason.

HelpImARock3 fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 16, 2014

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Needs a Juggalo tattoo to really tie it all together.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I loving hate the army. So goddamn much. For the past year and a half I've been on and off profile for shoulder pain. The PAs I've seen generally pass me along to physical therapists. The physical therapists give me some exercises and resistance bands, and when I go to my follow ups and tell them that the pain is about the same or worse they just tell me to keep doing the exercises. Now, on deployment, I got an X-ray done at BAF that shows my AC joint is separated. The PA also thinks I might have subscapular impingement, and maybe rotator cuff damage as well as biceps head damage or some poo poo. The day after that I went to Ghazni, where the PA said, I poo poo you not, "What the gently caress are you doing here? You're not mission capable." So after a week and a half there I'm now back on BAF, because the PA at Ghazni talked to the PA here and told me that I'd be seeing an orthopedic surgeon and physical therapist. When I got here I went to the aid station and they told me that they'd have to schedule me for the physical therapist. That was all. WHAT THE gently caress. I'm so loving tired of this bullshit. I just want to be able to use my goddamn arm without loving pain all the time. Why the gently caress does the army decide to keep dicking me over this and blatantly keep passing me off to the next guy in line. In the past two weeks I've seen three different PAs about this, and only one of them was twice.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

You're in 1-504, I take it?

They can't do MRIs on BAF anymore, so if you need anything basically above an X-Ray they'll have to send you to Germany.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

You're in 1-504, I take it?

They can't do MRIs on BAF anymore, so if you need anything basically above an X-Ray they'll have to send you to Germany.

Yep. And that's what they told me. That I'd get evaluated by an orthopedic surgeon and he'd make the call. It's just loving stupid that it's even come to this, and now that it has they're still taking their sweet-rear end time with it. Like, holy poo poo, I'm already feeling like enough of a dirtbag because I left my platoon and company when they need the man power, but now that I'm here NOTHING is even happening. gently caress. And the one PA that actually seemed to give a gently caress was the guy at Ghazni that told my CO and First Sergeant that there was no way in hell he'd let me stay there when I obviously need to get treatment for something that should not have gone on this long.

Also, why hasn't Anansi posted his redacted orders yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

HelpImARock3 posted:

Guy in my unit has a tattoo of the flag on his shoulder in IR black and white. I don't think he's deployed, or ever even warn the IR flag for any reason.

I can taste the hooah in this post.

• Locked thread