Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Enigma89 posted:

You don't know poo poo. I studied at the FU and I have a masters from an European (French) university. I am not a casual tourist there.

Knock it off.

Your dad paying for you to spend a year in Europe sitting in a dorm playing videogames makes you exactly that, a casual tourist. That you think otherwise is a joke. Also, nice job sneaking a FU in there, real f*cking nice. I thought we were having a civil discussion here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Enigma89 posted:

I always liked Mustafas, Dada Falafel (not really döner but w/e) and there was a new place a Berlin friend told me about somewhere not far from Pankstrasse.

I forget the exact name but the locals in that immediate area all talked about it. The place looked pretty non-descript from the outside but it ended up being delicious. Köfkeçi or something like that.

It's weird that you even know the names of the places for me it's "the cheaper place right around the corner run by the asian couple" or "the slightly more expensive but better one that's a little bit further away run by a bunch of turkish dudes".

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The mere mention of Köfteci is making me hungry.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Well to be fair Mustafa and Dada are tourist traps and Köfteci is a generic name, so.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

ephex posted:

Don't let Dönerchat tear us apart.
We are all Weltmeister.

We are. Soon I can go back to hating that greedy traitor scum, but for now he is the hero who shot us to our fourth world cup.

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014

Katana Gomai posted:

gently caress your scrub cities, Köln has the best döners and also everything else

or so sayeth the Kölnspeople

Hi quick question how many players did fc köln contribute to the national team ok thanks

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

hopterque posted:

It's weird that you even know the names of the places for me it's "the cheaper place right around the corner run by the asian couple" or "the slightly more expensive but better one that's a little bit further away run by a bunch of turkish dudes".

That's how I was with my neighborhood places that I went to constantly. But Mustafas and Dada fallafel were a bit of a trek for me so if I had friends from out of town I always took them there.

The kebab I ate the most was probably the little one right next to the Freie Uni because sometimes I just felt like a kebab after class and by sometimes, I mean all the time :negative:

Smirr posted:

Well to be fair Mustafa and Dada are tourist traps and Köfteci is a generic name, so.
Mustafas is quite cheap. I think it's like 2,30 EUR for a kebab if I remember correctly.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Anyway I think the important thing about this whole discussion is if you pay more than like 4 loving euros for a döner you got ripped off.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Maradonna Summer posted:

Hi quick question how many players did fc köln contribute to the national team ok thanks

One obviously. Poldi will forever be a Köln player.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Maradonna Summer posted:

Poldi was cheering with some guys with a Köln flag and after the match he called the viewers to "destroy cologne". So I think he still counts as a Köln player.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Torrannor posted:

One obviously. Poldi will forever be a Köln player.

Can someone explain exactly what happened with Podolski because right around the time he left Bayern was roughly when I stopped watching the Bundesliga.

IIRC and this may be completely wrong but he was a hero in the WM 2006 and got bought by Bayern. He played there but Klose and Toni were the main forwards and they stopped using Podolski. Podolski was getting pissed that he wasn't being played and more or less the owner (Or maybe manager?) of FC Bayern basically said that he was too to let him play at another team and would rather just have him sit the bench. They ended up letting go back to Köln where he did nothing and then Arsenal grabbed him?

Am I completely wrong or did I remember it right?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Teron D Amun posted:

does Köln have a new city archive yet :smug:

I'm a history teacher, this triggers me greatly.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Im going to get some scrub tier doner after work because of all of this. I miss proper doner served to me by pissed off Serbians and Turks.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
You haven't lived until you have fries in your döner. :vince:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Maradonna Summer posted:

I live in Köln, but I was born and raised in Leverkusen so they're my team. Leverkusen is so good that we can afford to loving lend world champions to other teams to support them. :colbert:

(Also Podolski is so loving Kölsch it hurts)

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Your dad paying for you to spend a year in Europe sitting in a dorm playing videogames makes you exactly that, a casual tourist. That you think otherwise is a joke. Also, nice job sneaking a FU in there, real f*cking nice. I thought we were having a civil discussion here.

enima89 is actually a cool and good chill dude

stop being a spergy little bitch to him

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Im going to get some scrub tier doner after work because of all of this. I miss proper doner served to me by pissed off Serbians and Turks.

What about, and I know this sounds crazy, some lovely Greek gyros

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

vivisectvnv posted:

Amazing irony levels, drat... coulda fooled me

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

vivisectvnv posted:

Counterpoint: vnv nation is a poo poo band fronted by an obese dude in leather jorts

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Maradonna Summer posted:

Counterpoint: vnv nation is a poo poo band fronted by an obese dude in leather jorts

agreed but tastes change and usernames stay the same

Maradonna Summer posted:

But italo disco is forever

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 14, 2014

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

But disco is forever

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Katana Gomai posted:

I'm a history teacher, this triggers me greatly.

Although I didn't finish my history degree, I feel you.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Enigma89 posted:

You haven't lived until you have fries in your döner. :vince:

plz stop you're trying too hard

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Maradonna Summer posted:

What about, and I know this sounds crazy, some lovely Greek gyros

Hell I could do that too

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Maradonna Summer posted:

Fronted by a what? haha

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Fronted by a what? haha

:eyepop: roasted

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
*googles "best kebab in germany for americans"*
hell yeah bro, or Bruder as we say in the Doichland, I love Mustafas Gemuese Kebab, also I have a degree in Fernstudium Angewandte Gesundheitswissenschaften (FAG)

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Döner and Gyros with a side of Köfte, served by a pissed off Turk while disco music plays in the background.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Healbot posted:

Döner and Gyros with a side of Köfte, served by a pissed off Turk while disco music plays in the background.

With some ayran to wash it down because they don't serve beer.

jk don't drink ayran, that poo poo is gross.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol no it's not. What in the actual gently caress, I hope the World Cup Mods' mod buttons still work

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

Leverkusen is so good that we can afford to loving lend world champions to other teams to support them. :colbert:

Are you saying that the "Vizekusenfluch" is finally broken?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

advanced statsman posted:

a degree in Fernstudium Angewandte Gesundheitswissenschaften (FAG)

fukcing lol

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Teron D Amun posted:

Are you saying that the "Vizekusenfluch" is finally broken?

yea naw that poo poo's not going away. looking forward to Kramer coming back next season though, hopefully we can actually get him to stay.

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Healbot posted:

Stop hacking my webcam tia

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Katana Gomai posted:

yea naw that poo poo's not going away. looking forward to Kramer coming back next season though, hopefully we can actually get him to stay.

He probably forgot where he played before Gladbach tbh.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I went to a greek restaurant for dinner, had some nice veal liver and drank like four fiucking ouzos on the house and now I don't know what to do with myself. A+++ country and cuisine, just a bit poo poo at football

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Podolski has the best son :3:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Poldi :3:

Klose with his boys was also heartwarming.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

good to see the shitposting and trolling went away with the dutch posters and only quality posts remain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenLight
Apr 5, 2014

Can I keep his head for a souvenir ?

Smirr posted:

mustafas makes pretty good döner though. sad that the tourist hordes make it impossible to get one if you dont want to stand in a freakish long line.

but its a pretty bad choice to prove you are a "local"

• Locked thread