Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

But Not Tonight posted:

Don't worry, you will soon enough...

I always figured it was a reference to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOG3eus4ZSo

It even has Billy Corgan's weird cue-ball shaped head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I bought a month of ad time too.

CheeseSpawn posted:

No, they are bad. The only tolerable one is the max one.

I get people insulting my skull helmet after I kill them, and that makes wearing it with the circuit board camo entirely 100% worth it.

eonwe fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 14, 2014

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

Well, I tried playing again and I'm still only pulling 10-15 fps in most battles.

My processor is an AMD X2 245
My graphics card is a GeForce GT 240
I have 12.0g of ram.

Am I doing something wrong or do I just have to wait until I upgrade?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Baron O Beefdip posted:

Well, I tried playing again and I'm still only pulling 10-15 fps in most battles.

My processor is an AMD X2 245
My graphics card is a GeForce GT 240
I have 12.0g of ram.

Am I doing something wrong or do I just have to wait until I upgrade?

I have a feeling that your CPU is a bit under par for PS2 currently. I think your GPU does meet minimum requirements though.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gobblecoque posted:

Yeah, Bulldogs on Galaxies are one of the worst things in the game at the moment.

*puts on rose tinted john lennon glasses* LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE GAL GUNSHIP

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Congratulations, you win a prize because you're the first to figure it out. gently caress that whiny rear end singer in smashing pumpkins. I actually really like Craig Ferguson, but never saw that episode. Thanks for that. The cue-ball shaped head was the work of some fellow I found on the forums that was doing avatars for free.

EDIT: See Tartan, I listen to quite a wide variety of things, you should listen to Bryno more. :colbert:

But Not Tonight fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 14, 2014

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
We really should get a full time TR outfit going and show the TR pubbies how its done. I've been playing NC for a little while (level 35ish and spent some cash on funbux), but the TR equipment is just so much more fun and all around better. Seriously, I feel like the angel of death when I use the CARV, and this is coming from someone who uses the Guass SAW constantly.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Scags posted:

We really should get a full time TR outfit going and show the TR pubbies how its done. I've been playing NC for a little while (level 35ish and spent some cash on funbux), but the TR equipment is just so much more fun and all around better. Seriously, I feel like the angel of death when I use the CARV, and this is coming from someone who uses the Guass SAW constantly.

Not empty quoting. TR kit is the best, easiest to use, and most rewarding. I seem to be the only one around who cares about TR, so if you want, we can try to get something going. Or, if we can convince EHF to sort of, I dunno, give us the reigns of K0TH we can keep that going so it's more than just a goon altfit. We could get a goon presence in all three factions!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Scags posted:

I try to play a couple hours of TR a day to keep a squad going, I just need other full timers to take the lead with me. Goons will stay on if there is a squad running, and if they see people in the K0TH mumble they will hop over and join us. We had 3 squads for TR night last week after all

Sometimes if trees is on or some FRZA guys are we'll be swapping lead and it won't always say there's one open, if I'm on and you don't see a squad just hit me up for an invite because I will ALWAYS have a K0TH squad running

TR ops tomorrow everybody! 7pm, Emerald TR, K0TH is the outfit. Joining is open on the outfit finder or if you want to stay FRZA or whatever just shoot me a tell for an invite

vigorous sodomy posted:

Not empty quoting. TR kit is the best, easiest to use, and most rewarding. I seem to be the only one around who cares about TR, so if you want, we can try to get something going. Or, if we can convince EHF to sort of, I dunno, give us the reigns of K0TH we can keep that going so it's more than just a goon altfit. We could get a goon presence in all three factions!

Everybody in the outfit has all the relevant powers that I do. The most important thing right now is people leading squads.

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 14, 2014

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Sir_Charles posted:

I always figured it was a reference to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOG3eus4ZSo

It even has Billy Corgan's weird cue-ball shaped head

The mystery...RUINED

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

folgore posted:

The mystery...RUINED
An important song in my "Songs With Multiple Instances of 'Tonight' In The Title" playlist, alongside "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight" by Genesis and "Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight" by Spinal Tap.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

I try to play a couple hours of TR a day to keep a squad going, I just need other full timers to take the lead with me. Goons will stay on if there is a squad running, and if they see people in the K0TH mumble they will hop over and join us. We had 3 squads for TR night last week after all

Sometimes if trees is on or some FRZA guys are we'll be swapping lead and it won't always say there's one open, if I'm on and you don't see a squad just hit me up for an invite because I will ALWAYS have a K0TH squad running

TR ops tomorrow everybody! 7pm, Emerald TR, K0TH is the outfit. Joining is open on the outfit finder or if you want to stay FRZA or whatever just shoot me a tell for an invite

Everybody in the outfit has all the relevant powers that I do. The most important thing right now is people leading squads.

I'll be on tonight and I'll get into the outfit. I haven't lead squads because I have a small apartment and a fiancee that likes to read a lot, but maybe I'll get a headset and help lead. I have no clue what I'm doing though!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Scags posted:

I'll be on tonight and I'll get into the outfit. I haven't lead squads because I have a small apartment and a fiancee that likes to read a lot, but maybe I'll get a headset and help lead. I have no clue what I'm doing though!

It's easy and rewarding! Just find good fights, and put the squad/platoon waypoint down and tell everybody to get there. Periodically check the squad to ensure everybody is within 5km of you. Check the map from time to time to ensure you're always at a good fight. People love weird poo poo like mass sundy and mossie pulls to so get creative

edit - looks like ServerSmash is back up and running! http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2ao10b/serversmash_auraxians_prepare_yourselves_for/

Looks like if you want to min/max you want to get the Western warpgate. You get all the treehouse bases and fewer lattice links are shared among your own front line compared to the honeycomb in the west

Saturday July 19th, Miller v Woodman on Hossin

v v v You joke but that is exactly the kind of gameplay some people want. Remember there's a noticable trend on the official forums for people to really, really, really want all faction-specific equipment to be removed with EVERYTHING being common pool v v v

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 14, 2014

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Why are people so in favor of nerfing Redeploy and putting SCUs in every base? Like I get it, you want strategic gameplay and battle lines and poo poo or more outdoor field battles, I do too. But that poo poo won't create those battles, because people in this game are loving terrible ghostcap-loving zerglings. Without Redeploy I would've quit this game a year ago for lack of anything to do.

Here is what will happen if we have all of this poo poo implemented: Enemy force of 24-48+ starts cap. Nobody shows up. SCU goes down with 3 minutes left on cap. Everybody sits around anyway because the cap XP is the only XP they'll ever get from this process. Base flips. Repeat until two 48+ zergs accidentally encounter each other and a lovely laggy overpopped fight starts that is, at least, kind of a fight. Then a bunch of sunderers are instagibbed and one side's lane evaporates and goes somewhere else or logs off. Strategic gameplay.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

We had 3 platoons on NC on Hossin yesterday dedicated to ghostcapping and when the moment a fight is even about to start they just turned tail and ran. This is supposedly a game people play.

I think objective EXP multiplier should tick down to almost nothing until the player gets at least an assist within the last 5 minutes.

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 14, 2014

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

We had 3 platoons on NC on Hossin yesterday dedicated to ghostcapping and when the moment a fight is even about to start they just turned tail and ran. This is supposedly a game people play.

I think objective EXP multiplier should tick down to almost nothing until the player gets at least an assist within the last 5 minutes.

I keep saying that objective XP should be determined based on your factions population in a hex. 50% pop. is full XP, 100% is zero XP. This gives everyone a huge incentive to get to a fight early if your faction is out-popped and actually do something useful.

edit: it should also scale bonuses from 50% pop to 0% pop too, herp.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh poo poo, that ServerSmash that was just announced may just be another MergerSmash
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/european-server-merge-details.193743/

quote:

"We'll be merging the following servers:

Woodman + Miller
Ceres + Cobalt"

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

But Not Tonight posted:

EDIT: See Tartan, I listen to quite a wide variety of things, you should listen to Bryno more. :colbert:

Sure I will...

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older

quote:

Ceres + Cobalt
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Cobalt desperately needs Miller's TR overpop.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Begin the server name drama!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hopefully they won't even put that in the mix. It'd be better if they just did a neutral name.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm shocked we've gone this long with 4 euro servers tbh. Surely they have to be spread pretty thin in terms of population.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I hope the new servers are named Waterson & Mattherson just to screw with everyone.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

sitchelin posted:

I hope the new servers are named Waterson & Mattherson just to screw with everyone.

Unironically this. Make it happen, Higby.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nevermind, not a MergerSmash

https://twitter.com/PS2_ServerSmash/status/488770458427203585

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
MEANWHILE...

Forumside posted:

NC has the best of both worlds; slow firing, hard hitting, accurate NC weapons and high rpm TR weapons. The NC should never ever have gotten the Blitz, GD7-F, GR-22, Carnage. And the VS should've never gotten the Serpent, VX6-7, Sirius, HV-45, Orion, SVA-88. These are clearly TR weapons, no debate there. I know you like milking customers and please whining players, but stop giving the NC and VS TR weapons SOE! TR doesn't get no bullet drop, highly accurate weapons, nor 200 damage weapons with no horizontal recoil. So, SOE f*ed up badly, but doesn't want to admit it. (What a surprise!) What happens is that TR gets screwed over and over again. No, thanks.

Forumside posted:

Do you really think that 845 vs 896 rpm (143 damage) does make that much of a difference? And let me say it before you jump on it, the Lynx has 909 rpm, but is on the 125 damage tier. So it has much lower DPS than the GD7-F/Serpent. It has even lower DPS than the HV-45 or GR-22. The Failstorm doesn't even get higher rpm than it's counterparts. Yet it's horribly inaccurate.

Now you'll tell me that "high DPS" is not a faction trait of the TR. And oh yes, it is. Moar Dakka means more DPS, by sacrificing accuracy big time. Even though it shows itself on kinda ridiculous amounts of inaccuracy in the case of TR Infantry weapons.

Forumside posted:

TR has 3 167 damage weapons atm. And really only the SABR-13 is any good. I wouldn't mind scrapping the TMG-50 and the watered down Razor. I wouldn't mind TR getting more 125 damage tier weapons with very high rpm, low recoil and bigger magazines (45-50 bullets standard). But for that to happen, VS and NC has to lose all their TR weapons.(Serpent, Sirius, HV-45, GD7-F, Blitz, GR-22, Carnage) Deal?

Forumside posted:

The problem so many TR have with our LMGs and Carbines are their lack of competitiveness and reliability at range. Basically that 30-60 meter range. Our LMG and Carbines are great at 10 meters, but so are shotguns and NC and VS have very competitive LMGs and Carbines for 10m CQC work.

TR small arms have horrendous degradation and velocity penalties post 10 meters. The few exceptions are the BULL, Cougar, and AMC. The BULL loses its competitive edge to far superior damage tier LMGs. Cougar loses due to inferior RoF(I think its the worst of all 167 Carbines...and its a ******* TR weapon). AMC has great velocity and accuracy, but there again it loses to a GD-7F boasting a ridiculous 845 RoF. Lynx is a joke at 909 RoF...drat thing has a damage tier of 125...and that's at 10m. Lynx user is getting wrecked at post 10 meters work.

Our ARs are very good, but so are the other 2 factions ARs. Carnage is every bit as good...even better imo, than the TAR, TORQ, or TRV. A-Tross is every bit as competitive to the SABR...probably better.

Forumside posted:

the NC are pretty much forced to use the anchor/em6/em1/shotguns/smg's when dealing with close range engagements as the NC heavy will lose almost every time in 1v1 fights against other heavies as they are at a dps disadvantage. This kind of blatant disparity of not having a close range damage aspect lmg for the NC is really terrible as we are forced to use smg's to match this kind of damage to combat the VS and TR heavies on a basic level that know how to utilize damage output with their shields like a good heavy should.

now to FIX this issue, all that would need to be done is increase the rate of fire on the NC guass saw by 36 or so to 536 rounds per minute to make the damage output on par with the TR and VS, even if this was implemented the NC6 would still be at a slight damage disadvantage but at least we could now actually deal with close range engagements as heavy.
As always, bolded emphasis is mine. And as always, buff the CARV.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm not sure if the SAW would be stupidly, hilariously OP at 536rpm or if it would be a little bit worse

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I miss this game and its official forums.

dangersandwich
May 18, 2014
I stopped playing about a year ago (around when the Harasser came out), and just reinstalled... what are some of the biggest changes?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
They took out most of the vehicles and infantry resources to make room for a vastly expanded air game. They removed the flight ceiling an added a bunch of new continents you can only reach via flight. The in-game economy was massively overhauled, now if you want to switch weapons you've got to use in-game currency to buy them off of player-run weaponsmiths. SOE also moved the developers to Iceland and the game is now called "EVE Online".

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

That's basically the gist of what I was hearing. They spent 20 minutes talking about how the TORQ sucks because 125 damage tier guns suck and how it's super inaccurate because horizontal recoil and RPM and blah blah blah. Over and over. Just "TORQ is garbage tier". I stopped listening, but at one point someone said the TORQ should just be 143 and stay the same otherwise "in order to make it worth using". Because a 900rpm 143 wouldn't be ridiculous or anything. He also said something about VS assault rifles being "retardedly good", so I wasn't inclined to listen to him any further.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Scags posted:

FRZA has the best stats for a TR outfit and we only play 1-2 times a week.

A good example about how terrible NC/TR pubs can be is when vonic hops factions, when he tries a tower stomp as his NC against VS you got 3-4 dudes who dedicate themselves to killing him. When he tower stomps as VS against TR literally not a single loving person waits for him they just pretend he doesn't exist and hope he wont come back. I remember trying to stop him as TR and its literally like being jesus because they'll praise you but when you need help your hosed.

Watching vonic surprise you or spin and kill you before you can kill him then proceed to murder 14-20 allies is one of the most frustrating things ever.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Oh my god, that forumside quote wall is priceless in every way, but every time I read it I feel myself getting a little dumber.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"This won't be balanced until it's the highest DPS gun in the game with great velocity and great DPM and no recoil"

I'm playing TR tonight, join me! K0TH mumble is the Higby's Heroes mumble in the K0TH thread! I just got TK'd in the spawn at 3 bases in a row while spawn hopping to a fight! TR!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Nakar posted:

As always, bolded emphasis is mine. And as always, buff the CARV.

:psyduck:

You could hand TR players a duffel bag with a million bucks in it and they'd use the money to wipe their rear end while complaining that it was a duffel bag and not a briefcase.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder what the relative average age of each faction is? Like, I wonder if TR just attracted a bunch of shitlord kids or something who expect to win every battle. I honestly don't get it.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I think it's really funny that people consider the Cougar to be a "watered-down" Razor when they're virtually identical other than reversed horizontal recoil directions (Cougar goes to the left, Razor goes to the right) and the Cougar has extra ammo per mag (and a consummate reload time). They're basically the same goddamn gun.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

In forumside DPS is the only stat that has ever or will ever matter. If only we could use this to trade our GD-7F's for the guns they don't want, then everyone would be happy.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

uncurable mlady posted:

:psyduck:

You could hand TR players a duffel bag with a million bucks in it and they'd use the money to wipe their rear end while complaining that it was a duffel bag and not a briefcase.

Pubbies are wrong about most guns everything. Look at the Vanu complaining that the Lancer is useless and the NC complaining about the SAW/Reaver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Blasmeister posted:

In forumside DPS is the only stat that has ever or will ever matter. If only we could use this to trade our GD-7F's for the guns they don't want, then everyone would be happy.
If you took the lowest DPS gun in each category you'd be using the NS7, Cougar/Razor, Corvus, and NS-15M. While that might not necessarily be the best fantasy loadout (I'd probably take the Cyclone, Pulsar C, T1, and MSW-R), it's far from the worst I can think of if I were forced to use only those guns for the rest of forever.

• Locked thread