Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
gently caress Rayman. Captain Mother loving Falcon is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Japanese sales for last week (I only bring it up because it's weird):

joystiq posted:

3DS LL: 21,914 [DOWN] 889
Vita: 18,438 [DOWN] 3,754
Wii U: 9,961 [DOWN] 692
PS4: 7,876 [DOWN] 183
PS3: 7,511 [UP] 31
3DS: 5,424 [UP] 343
Vita TV: 2,217 [DOWN] 510
PSP: 1,579 [UP] 134
Xbox 360: 180 [DOWN] 21

The PSP is one of only 3 consoles that went up in sales. The PSP. Japan is freaking weird.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

noirstronaut posted:

So... are there five Marths now?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Fremry posted:

The PSP is one of only 3 consoles that went up in sales. The PSP. Japan is freaking weird.

Portable gaming is more of a thing over there. Plus, PSPs are easy to hack to run emulators and pirated copies of PSP games.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Starhawk64 posted:

Portable gaming is more of a thing over there. Plus, PSPs are easy to hack to run emulators and pirated copies of PSP games.

I get that. Doesn't mean it's not weird.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Fremry posted:

I get that. Doesn't mean it's not weird.

What's weird about it..? That it still sells a reasonable amount due to the piracy thing or that it increased by a whopping 120 units?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Trent posted:

So... are there five Marths now?

More or less.

But we have CAP TAIN. FAL CON.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

noirstronaut posted:

I want Mr. EAD

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Fremry posted:

It might because the PSP is discontinued so people are buying the system up before all the new units are gone from stores.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Louisgod posted:

What's weird about it..? That it still sells a reasonable amount due to the piracy thing or that it increased by a whopping 120 units?

I think mostly that it went up almost as many units as the XBOX 360 sold.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

That Smash character reveal trailer was just basically a laundry list of every character I wanted to be in the next Smash, barring Shulk.

And hey, I noticed they picked the male Avatar who looks remarkably like Shulk!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Maybe they'll listen to all the complaints about the Star Fox clones and give us a new Star Fox character.

Krystal SENDS FUR FLYING.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
I love the fact that Chrom is just Robin's final Smash.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So I had the weirdest thing happen. I loaned a friend of mine my WiiU, and the fan stopped working proper. I unplug everything, bring it back home and hook it up, it's running fine. No shut offs after fifteen minutes, nothing bad at all.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

TheManSeries posted:

So I had the weirdest thing happen. I loaned a friend of mine my WiiU, and the fan stopped working proper. I unplug everything, bring it back home and hook it up, it's running fine. No shut offs after fifteen minutes, nothing bad at all.

Maybe your friend is just cooler than you.
I'll see myself out.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Rack posted:

I'm approaching 100 hours, and I'm at like... 99.7%. :negative:

Though to be fair, a lot of that time was just my wife and I driving around, smashing things, jumping in bouncy house, and posting goofy pictures to miiverse. I think there's only 1 mission left with 2 things to unlock in it. And it has been a lot of fun.

My GF wanted to go see the Lego Movie solely because she thought Undercover was pretty funny from what she could hear in the other room.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Lucina's the new reveal?

Eh, I guess she must be a Mart re-skin.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Alteisen posted:

Lucina's the new reveal?

She's listed as a newcomer on the site so she's probably a clone or something.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Alteisen posted:

Lucina's the new reveal?

Falcon and the Avatars from Awakening are new too.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Will crawl on the floor and bark for Sakurai's pleasure if he adds Skull Kid.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Will crawl on the floor and bark for Sakurai's pleasure if he adds Skull Kid.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe they'll listen to all the complaints about the Star Fox clones and give us a new Star Fox character.

Krystal SENDS FUR FLYING.

Peppy HOPS INTO THE FRAY.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

*Spits*

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I like how he has to say up front "this guy is an ASSIST TROPHY, NOT A NEW FIGHTER!" Where people assuming the other assist trophy reveals where new fighters?

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I like how he has to say up front "this guy is an ASSIST TROPHY, NOT A NEW FIGHTER!" Where people assuming the other assist trophy reveals where new fighters?

One word: Facebook.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

This was the first new Assist Trophy.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Shyfted One posted:

White Wii U Pro controllers are on sale for $30 for the week starting next Sunday at Best Buy.

Spectacle Rock posted:

Thanks for telling me about this. Here's a copy of the flyer; discounted Wii Remotes too! Also buy one get one select games, yay!

Click to enlarge this image

I could swear when I was checking Walmart for those clearance stand chargers people kept mentioning (which I didn't find it the 3 that I checked) that I saw the Wii U pro controller for $29.99 there. Along with some knockoff one for the same price, which surely doesn't have the eternal battery that the official one has!

(Also the only Kmart near me didn't have them when when I called 2-3 weeks ago... argh, drat you cheap pro controllers.. I want you).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Clearly he knows how loving amazing he'd be and how badly everyone wants him.

And he laughs.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
The SNES titles on the eShop are exact replicas right? All the neat tricks and poo poo in Super Metroid still exist?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

The SNES titles on the eShop are exact replicas right? All the neat tricks and poo poo in Super Metroid still exist?

Yup, it's the original game running on a Nintendo-made emulator that should be as close to 100% accurate and speed as possible.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wildtortilla posted:

Sometimes they're altered, mostly to remove flashing seizure lights but Super Metroid should be exactly the same.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Spectacle Rock posted:

Thanks for telling me about this. Here's a copy of the flyer; discounted Wii Remotes too! Also buy one get one select games, yay!

Click to enlarge this image

This is the only place I've seen this flyer, and Best Buy's website has a different set of deals for this week's flyer. Is this next week's flyer or last week's?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
The deal starts on the 20th.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Mercury Crusader posted:

The deal starts on the 20th.

Thanks!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That's got to be the cheapest a pro controller's going to get for a while...right?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Kirios posted:

That's got to be the cheapest a pro controller's going to get for a while...right?

Most likely, since that was the clearance price for them that K Mart had.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

MaxDuo posted:

I could swear when I was checking Walmart for those clearance stand chargers people kept mentioning (which I didn't find it the 3 that I checked) that I saw the Wii U pro controller for $29.99 there. Along with some knockoff one for the same price, which surely doesn't have the eternal battery that the official one has!

(Also the only Kmart near me didn't have them when when I called 2-3 weeks ago... argh, drat you cheap pro controllers.. I want you).

Walmart always has random unannounced sales on poo poo, sometimes on a store-by-store basis. I went on a wild goose chase last year because a friend told me Dualshock3s were on sale for $36.xx "at Walmart," and after going to the nearest 2 or 3 Walmarts and seeing them at full price, called him and said "WHICH WALMART?!" Oh, the one two towns over...

Also, that stand charger (for the Gamepad, yes?) is really cheap even at full price. I paid $6 at Gamestop; it's even less a penny less on Amazon.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

I love this game.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Just a head's up to anyone buying from store.nintendo.com. I've been having the most nightmarish transaction with them trying to buy 2 Wiimotes. It's 2.5 weeks after I placed the order (for the white ones because they have been in stock) and they "shipped" 12 hours ago with an invalid tracking number. I've been in contact with them for over a week, and no one has been able to give me a reason why they wouldn't ship. I got a whole week of "It's in picking status. I don't know why it hasn't shipped, we have them in stock."

Then last Wednesday they said they'd open a ticket to get to the bottom of it and call me back. Still haven't heard anything. So basically IF this tracking number is correct, I'm looking at, best case scenario, getting them 3 weeks later despite them telling me the whole time that they were in stock and I should have expected them at my door in 5-7 days maximum.

While customer service was incredibly nice, they have been completely clueless and ineffective for the past 2.5 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I don't know what ungodly force compelled me but finally 100% on Lego City. Over 40 hours I can't remember the last time I put so much time into a none multiplayer title

Does this mean it took 45 hours to 100% the game? For how much everyone talks about how it has this unbelievable insane amount of content that will keep you busy forever.... that seems really short. I was expecting at least 65+ hours from how much people hyped it up.

enojy posted:

Also, that stand charger (for the Gamepad, yes?) is really cheap even at full price. I paid $6 at Gamestop; it's even less a penny less on Amazon.

I swear someone said 2-3 weeks ago you could find it on clearance at Walmart for something like $3.65 or so. I didn't go out of my way to find it, just stopped at ones I was passing by and I never saw it. :(

• Locked thread