Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Nuebaten

Gentlemen, we must retaliate, Yian will answer for this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
New Lubeck will lead!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Actually, we've never done a migration to the New World in an LP before, have we? Changing my vote.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
Run away to Neubauten

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Hannover The Fighter She fought off Europe, now she will take the fight to the east!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Hamburg.

Pfft, the Selatani call that a set back? We call it short bear market.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Hamburg shall be our new Lubeck.

Theoretically speaking, would we forfeit our European land if we move to Neubauten?

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
We're in for a fight.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Blackunknown posted:

Hamburg shall be our new Lubeck.

Theoretically speaking, would we forfeit our European land if we move to Neubauten?

No, the European Hansa would be split off as a Dominion.

That said, if we move to Neubauten we'll automatically annex Viktoria and the Ascomanni Gesellschaft as well, because that is what happens to colonial nations that share a land borders with their ruler.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple
USA! USA! USA!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

More like :911::hf::canada:

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
Have at it, Hamburg!

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

ZearothK posted:

No, the European Hansa would be split off as a Dominion.

That said, if we move to Neubauten we'll automatically annex Viktoria and the Ascomanni Gesellschaft as well, because that is what happens to colonial nations that share a land borders with their ruler.

In that case, screw Hamburg lets rumble in Hanseatic Ixachitlan.(I change my vote to Neubauten)

tallboarLittlehand
Sep 7, 2011
Hamburg, let's not turn this into a USA LP.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

tallboarLittlehand posted:

Hamburg, let's not turn this into a USA LP.
You say that like USA LPs are commonplace on this forum. I don't think anyone's actually played a full game as a North American country though. Closest thing I remember is that one Brazil game.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

JT Jag posted:

You say that like USA LPs are commonplace on this forum. I don't think anyone's actually played a full game as a North American country though. Closest thing I remember is that one Brazil game.

Heck there are at least three currently running LPs in North Germany/Scandinavia.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
Move to Neubauten!

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
Eurasia is no longer friendly to us. To Neubaten!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
New Lubeck? Neubaten!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Hamburg! Gold does still rule the world, and we'll show these Selatani madmen that. Whatever madness they may be able to inspire in some, the cold, hard reason of Finance and Economy will overcome it.

And then we can take their Sunmakers for ourselves.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Sindai posted:

We don't negotiate with terrorists.

Besides, it's probably just a bluff. If they had more nukes ready to hand they would have just hit us and taken the islands instead of trying to extract a relatively light concession. :colbert:

Oh dear. :allears:

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
To Neubaten we sail!

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

Move to Neubaten.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Neubaten!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Neubaten sounds as good a place as any to plan the excruciating murder of a horde of Nuke Cultists.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Well Europe, it was fun, but you're getting way to weird for our tastes. ROMANCE DAWN FOR NEUBATEN.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wonder what Neubaten thinks of this option, considering we gave them more autonomy just a generation or so ago. On the one hand, more importance, prestige and development for them. On the other hand, now the far away authority is now quite literally breathing down their necks :v: .

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

A Whole New World, A New Fantastic Way Of Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuuIR_HqNWo

Freudian fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 15, 2014

Unwise_Cashew
Jan 19, 2014
Hamburg for Gold, Glory, and the Hansa!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Hamburg, we are not leaving Germany!

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009
Neubauten. Maximum Offensichtliche Bestimmung!

There's no guarantee we'll be the timelines USA yet though -> Portugal also tried this during the Napoleontic wars and the (soon to be) Brazilians had quite the different idea in mind.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
We've fought to survive this Selatani uprising, we've got to keep fighting. To Hanover!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

GSD posted:

I wonder what Neubaten thinks of this option, considering we gave them more autonomy just a generation or so ago. On the one hand, more importance, prestige and development for them. On the other hand, now the far away authority is now quite literally breathing down their necks :v: .
They're the new seat of the Empire, they should be glad! Not to mention, there's so many open spots in the government now that I really doubt any of the old Neubaten administrators will go unemployed. Hell, the old governor of Neubaten can be the first President of the newly relocated Republic if they really want the job.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

JT Jag posted:

They're the new seat of the Empire, they should be glad! Not to mention, there's so many open spots in the government now that I really doubt any of the old Neubaten administrators will go unemployed. Hell, the old governor of Neubaten can be the first President of the newly relocated Republic if they really want the job.

The current governors of Neubauten and the Ascomanni Gesellschaft are Lüneburgs while Viktoria was established as a safe place for the von Goons/Eisens to dump their money. The families have the Ixachitlani administration under control, though the demands, regulations and rewards of the League would be much greater if the capital moves to Neu Lübeck, which might stir up problems. It will also be problematic if the Hansa does the same thing as Portugal and moves the capital back to a rebuilt Lübeck.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Nuebaten sounds good.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Moving to Neubaten is not just an act of us moving our capital. It entails a complete re-arrangement of our worldview. New Aztlan, France, Itally, the countries we thought important no longer will be. Instead Ixachithlan will give us new resources to work with. It will be the resources we need to destroy this evil cult.

Gentlemen, we will be sharing a hemisphere with the most powerful country in the world. They are the parent of those who brought this evil to our world and as such have a distinct responsibility in helping us put an end to it. In addition to that we have Qart Hadasht and Jin Shan; the latter at least should be more than willing to aid us take revenge, and I don't see a reason for the Carthaginians to not want to aid us in this holy crusade. This is going to be the world they'll live on too, they must have a vested interest in its future. Our greatest obstacle would be Malaya, but there's no guarantee they won't declare neutrality or even not join our side.

By moving to Ixachitlan we have a distinct opportunity to direct the might of the world's most powerful continent against the Cult. We must grasp it. Remember Beijing. Remember Lübeck.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Why can nobody spell Neubauten right? Is this some sort of running gag I'm missing or does it only seem so egregious to me because I'm German?

Anyway, going overseas sounds like a good and interesting idea, so Neubauten it is!

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I really can't see the Neubauteners reacting all that well to this.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Hamburg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
Question: If we relocate to Neubauten, will we still get the bonus to immigration in V2 as a former settler colony?

• Locked thread