Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

RevKrule posted:

I thought she only had one issue left to complete the run. Why does she need a piece of paper? Anytime I need a single issue, I have that number seared into my brain.

Because she's doing this for her son while knowing absolutely nothing about comic collecting. If she manages to get a super rare super mint issue for him worth hundreds she is going to immediately rip open the casing and ruin it, just like she did with the last one.

I still want to see this story arc end with her son coming home and having to smile and thank her for her kind, loving gesture of completing his collection for him. And then he continues to live with the gnawing agony that his mother is a complete loving moron that ruined the value of the comics she got for him because she kept tearing the slabbed copies open as she "just wanted him to have them to read" when no, he was actually loving collecting them, that was the entire point of the collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

OK, disregarding the complete lack of a joke here... she has a list of one comic! The single remaining comic she needs to finish the collection. The comic she has been trying to find for some time now and the whole reason she organized this entire trip to a major convention. She had to put that one comic down on a list so she wouldn't forget it.

e:f,b

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

tiistai posted:

A bit late but what can you do
:haw:

Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Fun fact: Potatoes can be poisonous if you eat the buds/shoots! Toxic alkaloids build up in there, and can cause death over a prolonged period of consumption! Cooking also doesn't remove the alkaloids, so remember to properly clean your potatoes!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Green Intern posted:

I'm impressed that the kid somehow managed to lose his pants without also losing his socks and shoes.

That's the little brother who's always wearing hand-me-downs with no belt, and this is what happens if he ever lets go of them with that one hand. I don't even know what you're doing in this thread if you can't pay attention to the canon of a ninety-year-old strip to catch the Repeated Joke Comix.

Pooch Café

I swear I've posted this one before, but it wasn't set at the beach.

Ballard Street

Russell does this every day. So do I.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Howard the Duck

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Good one Lester. This week looks promising.

Midnight Moth posted:

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Thrift shops never wash the clothes. They'd go broke trying. Wash them before you wear them kids.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 14, 2014

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

RandomFerret posted:

Pooch Café

I swear I've posted this one before, but it wasn't set at the beach.
Dog's owner wants to play fetch but dog doesn't is a running joke in just about every comic with dogs in it, so you've probably seen more or less this exact strip more than once before.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

e: I'm going to take a break from Prince Valiant for a few days so I can get the next part uploaded.

GorfZaplen fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 14, 2014

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

e: I'm going to take a break from Prince Valiant for a few days so I can get the next part uploaded.

Ah, another beautiful nobleman's daughter for Val to seduce with his hot-blooded knightly ways!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Okay this is the last page, but did the colorist seriously forget that the guy had a mustache one day later?! Or is it vice-versa and the artist corrected him?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Kavak posted:

Okay this is the last page, but did the colorist seriously forget that the guy had a mustache one day later?! Or is it vice-versa and the artist corrected him?

The shape of the guy's head and shoulders changed as well. This wizard knows powerful transformative magic.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Cow and Boy

Probably accurate, considering Ben Franklin's predilections.

Sherman's Lagoon

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Kavak posted:

They accidentally c+p'd the moustache face yesterday and didn't notice.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac no pithy commentary today, sick.
(just enjoy)

The Creeps

Poptropica

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

:stare: Holy poo poo.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Green Intern posted:

The shape of the guy's head and shoulders changed as well. This wizard knows powerful transformative magic.

He can only take a form of a white middle-aged male doctor. But within those restrictions he can take any form!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove will be doing that audio thing all week, apparently!

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

:stare: The gently caress? That sort of makes sense, and is kind of funny. You ok, Boyce?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Indolent Bastard posted:

Thrift shops never wash the clothes. They'd go broke trying. Wash them before you wear them kids.

The gently caress are you talking about? The thrift shop I worked washed all the clothes that went on the racks. I mean, it wasn't a large one store, are you thinking things like Goodwill or other gigantic stores with tons of merchandise?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

catlord posted:

The gently caress are you talking about? The thrift shop I worked washed all the clothes that went on the racks. I mean, it wasn't a large one store, are you thinking things like Goodwill or other gigantic stores with tons of merchandise?

If you say so. No matter, I will wash the used clothes I buy regardless of your magical store that has a scant handful of items and can afford to get them laundered or dry cleaned as necessary.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 14, 2014

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

catlord posted:

You worked in the best thrift shop. All the others really do smell like R. Kelly's sheets.

Geech is 99˘.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Indolent Bastard posted:

If you say so. Regardless, I will wash the used clothes I buy regardless of your magical store that has a scant handful of items and can afford to get them laundered or dry cleaned as necessary.

don Jaime posted:

You worked in the best thrift shop. All the others really do smell like R. Kelly's sheets.

I find that really odd, I've ever been in a bad smelling thrift store (although I've apparently not been in the one that might be a drug den), and this is in the middle of loving nowhere California. I do recommend washing clothes you buy anyway though.

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005
Even a large Goodwill or Salvation Army style thrift store is not putting out so much stuff a day that a large industrial washer or two couldn't take care of it. Most of the stuff in a thrift store sits around for a long time, the entirety of the store isn't cycling over every day. Sure they can be a little musty but if customers had the perception that the clothes weren't washed, why would they try things on, and hence make purchases? QED

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Hel posted:

You should keep more up to date on the rich lore of Inspector Danger, they used the same puzzle last week but with a gun and bullets instead, but yeah it really feels like they are cheating.

I dig mine out of the archive several years back, actually.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

Even a large Goodwill or Salvation Army style thrift store is not putting out so much stuff a day that a large industrial washer or two couldn't take care of it. Most of the stuff in a thrift store sits around for a long time, the entirety of the store isn't cycling over every day. Sure they can be a little musty but if customers had the perception that the clothes weren't washed, why would they try things on, and hence make purchases? QED

The thrift store I go to sometimes has a washer/dryer in the back and two elderly women that chat loudly while they sort clothes to prepare for washing.

It's not that taxing to just wash everything the store takes in once.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

catlord posted:

In my city there is a central location where all the goodwill clothes go and there is a full time staff of like twenty people that wash everything before it goes on the rack. I saw the facility and it was pretty impressive.

Some small thrift stores are nasty, though.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ham Shears kicks things up to the next level.

The Dinette Set knows an opportunity when they see it.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

:stare: Well this is something.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (July 9-11, 1956)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I love you Classic Phantom

It's as if the writer was a Martian and didn't really understand human interactions.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Magic Hate Ball posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with Bill Holbrook?

Just realize it for what it is: a post-apocalyptic nuclear dystopia so gruesome and lawless, yet mundane, that it makes The Hunger Games look tame by comparison. Holbrook just needs to go full Holbrook :getin:

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

LtStorm posted:

Of all the bullshit arguments Inspector Danger makes, this one is more bullshit than his racist crusade against Italians that will stop at no cost to put them behind bars.
I guess that when you're permanently sloshed, Italians are pretty much the same as raccoons?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Oh, Brother

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Wait, what babies?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wait, what babies?

Wanamingo has been loving with us and leaving out every other strip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wait, what babies?

Are those baby clones?

• Locked thread