Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I would of thought NC pubbies would have learned that the SAW is one of the best LMGs in the entire game by now. Do they really still think it sucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm mostly amused that of all the guns they choose to complain about, they manage to pick the ones that are basically the worst in class (GR-22, GD-7F, Blitz). I'd almost support then removing the GD-7F, if only to stop the thousands of lovely comparisons people make with it, declaring a gun horrible and bad becuase it doesn't have the DPS/ROF of that gun (that happens to also have recoil, range and SUPER LONG RELOAD issues that are always overlooked because that doesn't support that person's argument). I mean that AMC comparison is just painful. Yes it has all these things going for it, but it's not the highest DPS/ROF in the game on top of that so why even bother?!

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 14, 2014

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

It's hard to learn to use, you can't just wave your crosshairs at people while holding Mouse1 and get points, but have to actually aim and fire in short bursts and compensate for recoil.

I think people get mad about the GD-7F because it has a very distinctive sound and because it tends to be used by light assaults which frustrate the poo poo out of pubbies who are completely incapable of looking up.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

BadLlama posted:

I would of thought NC pubbies would have learned that the SAW is one of the best LMGs in the entire game by now. Do they really still think it sucks?

There's a few, isolated NC pubbies who think the SAW is bad. But for the most part, the GOD SAW has earned its reputation by now amongst the faction.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

VS LMG reloads make me so angry. At least normal LMGs make sense, those ammo boxes are heavy. VS LMG reloads just feel like they forgot which pocket they left the battery or they start daydreaming halfway through reload.

Terminal
Feb 17, 2003
The Void

Magmarashi posted:

VS LMG reloads make me so angry. At least normal LMGs make sense, those ammo boxes are heavy. VS LMG reloads just feel like they forgot which pocket they left the battery or they start daydreaming halfway through reload.

Then it's a good thing they have such huge ma....poo poo.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Magmarashi posted:

I always thought the reload animation for VS guns should be like the bolt action animation, the battery pops out with a burst of steam, visibly cools down for a couple of seconds, then lights up again when you push it back in.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Avulsion posted:

I always thought the reload animation for VS guns should be like the bolt action animation, the battery pops out with a burst of steam, visibly cools down for a couple of seconds, then lights up again when you push it back in.

Which reminds me, it makes no sense for the NC or VS weapons to ever need to have a manual action or be loaded one round at a time. Like they could explain the slow fire rate by needing it to shoot that slow lest it overheat, but that wouldn't explain the bolting or pumping animations.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Which reminds me, it makes no sense for the NC or VS weapons to ever need to have a manual action or be loaded one round at a time. Like they could explain the slow fire rate by needing it to shoot that slow lest it overheat, but that wouldn't explain the bolting or pumping animations.

Scott Forstall's great great great great great great great nanite clone grandchildren wound up being VS weapon designers and couldn't resist the skeumorphism.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
It stirs/shakes the nanites before use for a clean, even shot. Look at how insane the revolver reload animations are.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

dangersandwich posted:

I stopped playing about a year ago (around when the Harasser came out), and just reinstalled... what are some of the biggest changes?

I can't remember if lattice was in before of after the harasser. Either way it's on all 4 continents now. One territory touching another does not mean it can be capped, it must be connected by a lattice link.

Hossin! Fly speeder bikes libs and esfs around endor.

Bulldogs on liberators can look forwards! (All butt guns on libs actually, always butt gun or get a butt gunner)

Striker is total crap, no more unshakeable doom rockets

Nearly total reworking of bases and maps. Too much to list, but a lot of the worst bases are now much better. Nobody fights at the crown like they used to for example.

Direct spawn into squad members galaxies and sundies. No more meeting at warpgate, just redeploy. It will be listed in the upper left corner of your redeploy screen.

Lots of improvements to how the game runs.

Drop pods no longer have a ~250m range to strafe towards targets as they drop. They also do not hurt things they hit, just kills you. Also you can become a space cadet if they bounce. 30km is my record so far.

The PPA and lancer remain untouched!

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good gaming mouse? I've got about $60 in Amazon credit, and it's about time I upgraded from the crappy $5 2-button + mousewheel thing that I've been using.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good gaming mouse? I've got about $60 in Amazon credit, and it's about time I upgraded from the crappy $5 2-button + mousewheel thing that I've been using.

Logitech G500s http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Adjustable-Weight-Tuning/dp/B00CJD4HD2/ref=sr_1_1

I have a g500 and it has been great. This is the new model. It has enough buttons to be useful without having so many that it is a torture rack for your hand.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Beef Hardcheese posted:

I like my logitech g700. It can be wireless or wired (though the one included is not really an option it's super thick, I use a $2 retractable spool one since it's so light there is no resistance to it dragging). Has enough buttons to bind what I want, can toggle my dpi how I like, and the software while ugly as sin is very functional for configuring and saving whatever you like.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I have a G500 as well, it's pretty nice. I've never used anything but it and lovely two-buttons-and-a-wheel mice, so I don't know how it compares to the other fancy bullshit on the market, but it feels good, has adjustable weight which is nice, the scroll wheel is decent, the adjustable DPI setting is nice, and it has enough buttons to be handy without having a loving numberpad on the side. The Logitech Gaming Software is shite, but you can make it work with SetPoint still, and it might still come with SetPoint on the disk.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

Quoting to back this suggestion up. I just got rid of my 10 year old G5 because the scroll wheel finally gave, and I have been immensely satisfied with it so far.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Erata posted:

It stirs/shakes the nanites before use for a clean, even shot. Look at how insane the revolver reload animations are.

My favorite part of the revolver animations is that if they just used an old fashioned single cylinder the long reload would be as fast as the current short reload. The split cylinder design adds an extra step with no actual benefit.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Aside from looking hellaciously cool? There are a thousand other FPSes with a thousand identical "push mag into slot and yank a knob somewhere" animations. I'm fighting nanite zombies in space, I want my weapons to FEEL like I'm fighting nanite zombies in space. Say what you will about the sad state of VS guns, but at least they're distinct from every other shooter in existence, even if they're not distinct from themselves.

GentleJudge
Feb 28, 2011

Beef Hardcheese posted:

The suggestions offered are laser mice, and have built in reverse acceleration. Optical mice are 1:1 movement. So it depends on what you feel comfortable with.

If you want to know more before purchasing a mouse you can check over at the mouse thread in the SHSC subforum: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3222963&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Boogalo posted:

Logitech G500s http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Adjustable-Weight-Tuning/dp/B00CJD4HD2/ref=sr_1_1

I have a g500 and it has been great. This is the new model. It has enough buttons to be useful without having so many that it is a torture rack for your hand.

I use this mouse and it owns.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Boogalo posted:

I'm on my second one. I had a G5 before that, and a G7 before that. The G500 is an awesome mouse, and all other mice feel loving weird to me now.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll definitely take a look at the G500. I somehow missed the mouse thread, I'll take a look through that as well.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I explain the pump-actions being loaded one battery at a time as the shotgun literally firing the batteries.

EDIT: Also I use a Razer DeathAdder because it's the only thing that matches the form-factor of an Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. I wish it had more side buttons but every mouse I've tried with more than that (including the Logitech mice) has really lovely side buttons, so I deal with it.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Boogalo posted:

Hell yes g500s bros :smugdog::respek::smug:

mag
Feb 9, 2007

fuck this

i'm out
Higby, if you're floating around - who do you hate more, us or the official forums? Please answer so we can quote you repeatedly.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Beef Hardcheese posted:

When my last Logitech started to die on me I switched to an Anker and haven't regretted it. Get the newest software from the site which lets it run at 4000 DPI and turn off the coloured LED and you're golden.

Klowns fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 15, 2014

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Arghy posted:

FRZA has the best stats for a TR outfit and we only play 1-2 times a week.

The last time I checked FRZA was the number 2 TR outfit by stats :smugdog:

Arghy posted:

A good example about how terrible NC/TR pubs can be is when vonic hops factions, when he tries a tower stomp as his NC against VS you got 3-4 dudes who dedicate themselves to killing him. When he tower stomps as VS against TR literally not a single loving person waits for him they just pretend he doesn't exist and hope he wont come back. I remember trying to stop him as TR and its literally like being jesus because they'll praise you but when you need help your hosed.

Watching vonic surprise you or spin and kill you before you can kill him then proceed to murder 14-20 allies is one of the most frustrating things ever.
So, fun tip for Vonic: Vonic absolutely *loves* prox mines, if you watch his stream a couple of times you'll learn his patterns for various buildings then it's pretty trivial to drop a couple of anti-Vonic devices and walk away.

edit: Oh my god this is magic: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2apuff/pts_unofficial_patch_notes_2014070820140714/cixl8nd

Warkak
Dec 21, 2010

Cheesefoot-
Don't kink shame
Hey guys this whole resource system that we're gonna be fleshing out over months/years after phase 1 is gonna have a bullet in its head, hope you don't mind!

V:Yes

Warkak fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 15, 2014

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Warkak posted:

Hey guys this whole resource system that we're gonna be fleshing out over months/years after phase 1 is gonna have a bullet in its head, hope you don't mind!

It's pretty much exactly what it needs, so no, most of us don't, sorry. :shrug:

Edit: unless you meant what o muerte linked to, in which case yeah, what the everloving gently caress?

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 15, 2014

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

I can only hope he's being facetious to stir the pot. Since uh what the gently caress are resource boosters for if not this exact thing minus the potential hilarious broken-ness.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Maddot_66 posted:

Quoting to back this suggestion up. I just got rid of my 10 year old G5 because the scroll wheel finally gave, and I have been immensely satisfied with it so far.

The G5 is such a wonderful mouse though my nine year old G5 (a friend has gone through 3 razer mice since then :laugh:) is starting to have scroll wheel problems as well. I only wish I had bought a second one since the markup is gigantic. I'll pick up a G500 next.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Praise Malorn!

From what little I've heard from him and his overall thoughts on the game, I wouldn't be surprised if this was some kind of game to prove another dev member wrong. Post a bad idea like that and get downvoted for it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Westy543 posted:

Praise Malorn!

From what little I've heard from him and his overall thoughts on the game, I wouldn't be surprised if this was some kind of game to prove another dev member wrong. Post a bad idea like that and get downvoted for it.

I give this a 1% chance of coming to fruition. That 1% is reserved for in case EQN gets about a grillion pre-pre-pre-pre orders in overnight and PS2 is set alight in an effort to get as much $$$ as possible from MAX and air autists.

Hell the original implant pitch was waaaaayyy more tame than this and that was met with absolute rabidity among the fanbase.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I played PS2 about a year ago and got like 20k spacebux or whatever for some reason. I don't really know how I got them all but whatever.

Anyways, what's changed and are TR guns still the best?

Infenso
Mar 11, 2007
Ambitiously Unmotivated

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

are TR guns still the best?

yes, they are.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A year ago? Everything you hated is gone, everything you loved is better.

TR have a lot of the best poo poo but I consider the NC's arsenal to be the best

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Today, a grand total of 2 high-altitude reavers kept the VS air warpgated on amerish. And literally all of GOKU can't dogfight to save their lives, myself included :smith:.

Massive one-shot-wonder A2G scythe-balls or don't pull scythes at all.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 15, 2014

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

I played PS2 about a year ago and got like 20k spacebux or whatever for some reason. I don't really know how I got them all but whatever.

Anyways, what's changed and are TR guns still the best?

Quoting myself from the last thread:

Westy543 posted:

Big things?
  • New buggy, Harasser!
  • The Flash ATV is a two person vehicle.
  • 3-4 more weapons per class since beta.
  • Hex cap system is gone in place of lattice lines that make strategic play a bit more predictable.
  • Game engine recoded from the ground up to support multicore and TONS of RAM hogs optimized out.
  • Push F to drop ammo.
  • NC weapons got some significant buffs to be competitive; they linked the "flinch" when you get hit to bullet damage so TR don't lock you out of firing.
  • Tank traction improved significantly so they don't tokyo drift.
  • Headshots are worth more.
  • Night vision doesn't highlight enemies in white, you need thermals for that now.
  • All the continents were redone with better base design.
  • You can get cool light kits for your vehicles.
  • Rate of earning certs were about doubled since beta/release.
  • Shotguns got nerfed a lot.
  • There's a tutorial! :aaaaa:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Epic High Five posted:

A year ago? Everything you hated is gone, everything you loved is better.

TR have a lot of the best poo poo but I consider the NC's arsenal to be the best

I'm I still locked into using bullshit shotguns on my NC MAX? I remember being outgunned by every other (non-MAX) class because the shotgun shells don't do anything past 10 feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

I'm I still locked into using bullshit shotguns on my NC MAX? I remember being outgunned by every other (non-MAX) class because the shotgun shells don't do anything past 10 feet.

'Got a word for you to memorize:

#SLUGLYFE

:getin:

Also, Falcons are officially unfucked and can two-shot infantry with direct hits, so that's another general-purpose alternative now.

• Locked thread