Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The Creeps' orbit of the weird place drifted a little closer than normal :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Helicity posted:

Wanamingo has been loving with us and leaving out every other strip.

March 26, 2014
March 27, 2014

Lost Side of Suburbia

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Fuckin sweet horseshoe crab ship.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Suddenly, everyone's evil.

Rex Morgan MD

Rex is sad.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Apartment 3-G

I do NOT post Sunday A3-G and I'm not about to start now. Still, it would be a shame not to share these:

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

So... I'm not really up on my non-newspaper comics, but... Magneto and Dr Doom both advocate/perpetrate genocide, don't they? Not so sure they're better to have rattling around the city than Doc Ock.

Kickin' rad beard, Thor.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

I almost prefer the storyline strips to this garbage, at least they have some potential for mocking and edits.

You've got double Wee Pals there.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh no the doctor's going to be a child molester. :ohdear:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Looks like these days Radio Patrol is pretty much posting all the strips instead of having to skip a bunch of story due to huge gaps in the archive. Now that I'm able to follow the plot, I find it to be quite charming.

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

:ohdear:

Prince Valiant

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Oh no, not a scheme!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

So... I'm not really up on my non-newspaper comics, but... Magneto and Dr Doom both advocate/perpetrate genocide, don't they? Not so sure they're better to have rattling around the city than Doc Ock.
It depends on how terrible the writer is, but Magneto is generally just a violently pro-active rights-activist who sees himself as defending mutants against genocide by humans. He will try to control or eliminate humans to prevent mutant genocide, but he recognises that humanity will slowly die off as it breeds more mutants and so doesn't strive for wholesale genocide of the species.

Dr. Doom is just a megalomaniac who believes he should rule the world. Genocide is not a goal for him because then he has nothing to command.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Julet Esqu posted:

Juliet Jones

drat the blonde one is so expressive.

Kennel posted:

I love you Classic Phantom

It's as if the writer was a Martian and didn't really understand human interactions.

It's like the writer knew was preteen boys liked and wanted to give it to them with a shovel.

Wanamingo posted:

Oh, Brother

I'm glad Oh, Brother's back.

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

I actually like the cramped, paranoid composition going on here.

SynthOrange posted:

Oh no the doctor's going to be a child molester. :ohdear:

You're in with a shout on that one, but I think he's the devil.

Edminster posted:

Oh no, not a scheme!

:)

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Mr. Squishy posted:

You're in with a shout on that one, but I think he's the devil.

I think the tumour angel is saying 'noooo not medicine that'll mean you'll have a chance to liiiive and not be maaaaagic' right to her panicked little cancerous body.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove (linked title) the audio version today is... different.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Is the doctor supposed to be a pedophile, because that's the only thing I'm seeing when I look at this. :stare:

This is intolerably bad.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jul 15, 2014

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

HAHAHAHA, child abuse! HILARIOUS!

Go gently caress yourself, Lynn.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

The Creeps

Poptropica

Could be worse, I'm just sayin.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You've got a capacious definition of child abuse.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

You Are A Elf posted:

HAHAHAHA, child abuse! HILARIOUS!

Go gently caress yourself, Lynn.

Um,what? Am I missing something about the strip?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Valiantman posted:

Um,what? Am I missing something about the strip?

Presumably You Are An Elf is interpreting Ellie grabbing her child by the arm as a prelude to further beating.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Erm, implied threat of physical force. Totally unnecessary grabbing with mean look on face. It's not much on it's own - certainly nothing that would raise alarm in the good old US of A, but not exactly ideal parenting.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Yeah, maybe I went a little overboard with the schtick, but the entire strip is basically "I hate my kids," and that strip is no exception.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

That's not a deer, or a dog. That's a Wallaby with hybridized front legs.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Tina's Groove (linked title) the audio version today is... different.

:stare: I mean, the soundtracks have nothing whatsoever to do with the comic. Those were sounds from a garage, not a computer shop. How bizarre.

Yeah, I did it, and no it's not. I get a link to some bar in Chicago.

Paige got Jane's World caught up so here are two, giant sized for your enhanced enjoyment...

Well, that was awfully easy.

Non Sequitur

There always have been, and always will be stupid people, Danae.

Heavenly Nostrils is yesterday's, but new nonetheless.

:v:

Kliban's Cats

Hey, wait! My cats don't have pockets!

9 Chickweed Lane 7/15/2003

From a cat's perspective, any container may possibly contain food, and therefore must be inspected.

Zits

My wife does this... except with her dreams, which she seems to always be able to recall in their entirety.

Kevin & Kell

Well yeah, I suppose it would be boring without those things.

Yeah, there are some pretty hosed up looking guys there, Nemi, I don't blame you one bit.

If the dude in the second panel is referring to this song, then that should pin these strips around 2000. I dunno... I kinda like these older strips better than what I think was the newer ones.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 15, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

The smart guy didn't know that really well known movie? :haw: Good one Lester, keep 'em coming!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (April 26, 1927, a little over two years before that punchline stops being funny)

Peanuts (July 18, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Rare comic? BAH! Bags and boards are for cowards! The fingerprint smudges give it flavor!

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Rip doesn't understand any woman who isn't trying to stick a knife in him, which means he and Breezy should be on the same page by the time he gets back.

Out Our Way (April 17-18, 1925)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The Old Crossing Watchman is the dad of the Falling-Pants Kid!

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

[Adjustable ("Adjustment") bed]
- Öhöhö... öhhöhö...

Säätö is the noun form of säätää, "to adjust" etc. Colloquially, it can mean generally doing something (somewhat aimlessly): "What are you even adjusting [doing]?" It's also associated with relationships and sex: "Do you have some adjustment [something going on] between you two?" "She's my latest adjustment"

I guess that's enough detail, I really don't want to bother with this one.

Fok_It

Truly horrid

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

It doesn't matter, they're not "his" enemies, so he won't have to deal with them. If Doc Ock goes mental though, everyone else will just think "Spider-man handled him last time, he's obviously below my pay-grade".

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Calvin And Hobbes

I wonder if these generated angry letters.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Yeah, let's remind everybody of the last time this strip had tight pacing and a tense story.

Instead of worrying about how Gilchrist is ruining Bushmiller's Nancy, we should be trying to stop 2014 Tony DePaul from ruining 2010 Tony DePaul's Phantom. We need to get back What was Lost Comix.

Pooch Café

Should have thrown it out to sea. Then there'd be a chance that that little demon would drown or get eaten by a shark.

Ballard Street

This used to happen to me occasionally before I replaced my notebook with the note taking app on my smartphone. Now it's such a hassle to write anything down that I don't bother!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Paige got Jane's World caught up so here are two, giant sized for your enhanced enjoyment...

Isn't that violating Cop 101? Her partner's been shot and she runs off leaving her all alone without applying any first aid at all.

Gee, hope your partner doesn't lose consciousness from shock, releases her grip on her gunshot wound and bleeds to death, or anything.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

This used to happen to me occasionally before I replaced my notebook with the note taking app on my smartphone. Now it's such a hassle to write anything down that I don't bother!

What if replacing his notebook with a note taking app is the very idea he is having? This is some Twilight Zone poo poo.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

It was a joke...

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Cow and Boy

And off to the races we go!

Sherman's Lagoon

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Retail

1. How the hell does a three-story department store have only 40 employees? Our drat pharmacy department by itself in CVS had 24.

2. Norm Feuti's idea of good business practice is apparently giving everyone the maximum raise possible regardless of performance and two months after the entire store was caught leaving the sales floor empty to gently caress around on Instagram. :hurr:

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Can bears use tablets? Someone tell me if bears can use tablets.

Dustin

More like they settle for staying single.

On the Fastrack

To recap: Computer bug proposed to Auto-correct, Auto-correct said no and ran off crying because Computer Bug is immortal and she felt she'll become outdated in a few years as an app. Computer Bug had a fit and started destroying the Fastrack Inc. company networks.

Safe Havens

I know everyone loves Dethany which is why we're getting her twice as much!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Midnight Moth posted:

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKBhTr5-ryg

Lions and tigers can, so bears are pretty much confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
The way this thread reacts to Foob, you'd think Lynn Johnston literally murdered her children.

• Locked thread