Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT

kastein posted:

I have a dolly and will gladly deposit it in your side yard. :q:

Can you deposit it somewhere for me instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

ACEofsnett posted:

Can you deposit it somewhere for me instead?

As long as someone gets it. It can be put in my yard if need be.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

SFH1989 posted:

I've never really wanted an FJ40 and I don't have the time/money/space for another project but this it's just so convenient. Probably a good thing I don't own my own house or it would just go from your yard to mine.

Where are you moving?

Omaha, NE.

The ad's up on CL now, I'm assuming it's kosher to post since I'm not asking goons for money: http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/4468809204.html

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Why in gods name would you ever move to bumblefuck Nebraska?

(sorry, that's my only question. Sweet FJ40, though.)

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
The usual; more money for a better job with a better company. Also I don't know if you've ever had a chance to experience scenic Danbury but I wouldn't overestimate its charms. The best thing about it is I can walk to the train station and take a 3 hour round trip into NYC, when the trains are running, and I don't do that near enough for it to hold me. Downtown Omaha looks pretty good by comparison and the rent for a bigger apartment is hundreds of dollars less. I've been in CT for 10 of the past 14 years and that's more than enough to last me a while.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Danbury was going downhill when my Grandmother lived there 15 years ago. I've been through more recently, and I cannot blame you for wanting to leave. My parents actually both grew up there (well, my Mom was from Bethel, but close enough)

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Where are you working in Omaha? I just moved my crap out today. Just stay the gently caress out west if you want to live in a decent area.... the rest sucks. Pretty much west of... 132nd is decent. The rest you better bolt/weld/etc unless you want it stolen.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I have family in Nebraska and I've still never been there. Doesn't Omaha have a pretty bad gang problem?

I completely understand leaving CT though. Ideally I'd like to get a job here and save up money for a couple years and pay off student loans while I live with my mom. Then get out and move to NC or something like that. Luckily for now CT has a decent amount of ME jobs.

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

(well, my Mom was from Bethel, but close enough)

"I live in/next to Danbury" is the best way to tell people if you live in Bethel.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Snowdens Secret posted:

Omaha, NE.

The ad's up on CL now, I'm assuming it's kosher to post since I'm not asking goons for money: http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/4468809204.html

Want to rub my dick on that.

FlyWhiteBoy
Jul 13, 2004
I'm looking for a reliable daily driver if anyone has a lead on something. I'm in RI and haven't found anything great myself on CL.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Where are you working in Omaha? I just moved my crap out today. Just stay the gently caress out west if you want to live in a decent area.... the rest sucks. Pretty much west of... 132nd is decent. The rest you better bolt/weld/etc unless you want it stolen.

I'll actually be working in southern Council Bluffs, but living there looks sorta dull. I'm looking at some places in Old Market that are supposedly pretty secure (a priority for my motorcycle) and close to night life, and like I said, even the swanky places are worlds cheaper than here.

It's kind of funny, the AI guys all mention the crime stuff in Omaha but all the USAF guys from Goons In Platoons seem to think it's less of an issue. I don't know if that means the AI guys lived in rougher spots than the roughly-Offutt area, or if milguys are just accustomed to the area around a base being a crime-riddled shithole.

Land Cruiser sold already, by the way. The guy loaded it into a dumpster to haul it, I thought that was odd, but apparently he just likes weird car projects so hopefully it'll get the treatment it deserves that I couldn't provide.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

SFH1989 posted:

I have family in Nebraska and I've still never been there. Doesn't Omaha have a pretty bad gang problem?

I completely understand leaving CT though. Ideally I'd like to get a job here and save up money for a couple years and pay off student loans while I live with my mom. Then get out and move to NC or something like that. Luckily for now CT has a decent amount of ME jobs.

"I live in/next to Danbury" is the best way to tell people if you live in Bethel.

So it's the same thing as living in Farmington then?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/4450768333.html

Anyone wanna go in on this with me for $800?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
How sad of a life do you have to have to be a gang leader in Omaha, Nebraska?

All shaking down the local dollar stores for protection money.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Omaha just sucks. Don't live there. Ever.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Micro-album here: http://imgur.com/a/JY0TP

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Can you bring me one of those guns? It looks like fun.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Omaha just sucks. Don't live there. Ever.

Not really relevant to this thread any more but I'm finding Omaha super pleasant. Of course I haven't gone through a winter.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Newengland.txt

21:25:11 < daslog> NEFR forecast is also 80% mosquitoes
21:25:18 <&kastein> only 80%?
21:25:20 <&chrisgt> only 80%?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

No can do. They were condition 1 too. We couldn't get near them without being scolded. Good ol' Ma Deuce.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

kastein posted:

You need one of those hensteeth ring turret and pintle mount setups for your 5 ton first.

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

Sandbagger SA posted:

You need one of those hensteeth ring turret and pintle mount setups for your 5 ton first.

I bet he could make a cupola off of a HMMWV work.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Noeland posted:

I bet he could make a cupola off of a HMMWV work.

I'm pretty sure the turrets for the M998 ragtop are bigger dimensionally and just as rare.

an M1114 one might work but it would require a bit of modification since he's got a soft top.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

kastein posted:

Newengland.txt

21:25:11 < daslog> NEFR forecast is also 80% mosquitoes
21:25:18 <&kastein> only 80%?
21:25:20 <&chrisgt> only 80%?

I'm ready!

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

daslog posted:

I'm ready!

40% deet? poo poo man, that's a whole can of F-off.

And probably skin cancer. Whatever, worth it.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I'm curious, does the Subaru bottle knock as well?

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Slung Blade posted:

40% deet? poo poo man, that's a whole can of F-off.

And probably skin cancer. Whatever, worth it.

40% isn't nearly a high enough concentration.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I've already been considering buying that, but it's ONLY 98.11% DEET. I want 100%, dammit :v:

The mosquitoes drat near picked me up and carried me away last night while I was cutting an XJ in half. I think they might have succeeded if I hadn't been completely soaked by a thunderstorm.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

a snap from SlowisFast to me.

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!
Hey guys, looking for advice on valuing a truck I'm thinking of buying.

Here's the KBB page for it:
http://tinyurl.com/kmaqjzn

You can use 03060 for the zip if you need to put that in.

Edmunds is close as well with $20,132 (Trade) $21,673 (Private Party) $23,328 (Dealer Retail)

How accurate is KBB/Edmunds?

It's a 2010 Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab with only 25k on the odometer, the Sport package, and just about every option (It was the showroom model).
The owner is a friend of mine and needs a new truck because he can't fit a carseat in the back of this one. He does no towing, works from home, and pretty much just got it for moving the occasional big item.

When he went to talk trade in, the dealer immediately popped a boner over the low miles, but lowballed him at 17k, so he told them to gently caress off. I'm looking to make this a win/win and give him more than he'd get for trade in (after haggling with a dealer), but less than I'd normally expect to pay for it from a private party.

What's a fair price for this one?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Anyone hanging out at Pipkin's tonight?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Hopefully, probably gonna be pretty late though since I'm heading down to Sterling to help debug an XJ EFI issue.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Anyone hanging out at Pipkin's tonight?

I'm going to try to stop by on my way back home with the Bronco since I'm driving right by pretty much.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
I'm back in the States! Gonna be busy for a few weeks getting caught up on everything, but I'd love to meet up in September or something, assuming that I'm not tied up with anything.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT

sharkytm posted:

I'm back in the States! Gonna be busy for a few weeks getting caught up on everything, but I'd love to meet up in September or something, assuming that I'm not tied up with anything.

We have to have at least one meet up this year.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

ACEofsnett posted:

We have to have at least one meet up this year.

fuckyeah

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Yeah let's have one before the winter. If we can't do it at Kastein's or Pipkin's we can do it here but we can't really light engine blocks on fire or anything like that.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Sounds good, I haven't seen any of you jerks in a while

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I, uh...

Who needs Subaru front bleed screws? They're for a 2000 Forester, I don't know year/model crossovers.

All but four are up for grabs free, Dan/Tim/Roy/daslog/etc you guys need any spares?

Needed two. Bought two on Summit. Apparently they meant two boxes of ten!

I'm not sure when I can get around to mailing stuff, but Terrible Robot/outlying NEAI crew, if you guys need some, I can try and send them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Those look mad long from what I'm used to seeing.

I'll grab 4 or so next time I see you though.

• Locked thread