Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Does anyone have recommendations for Rhino dozer blade parts? The Forge World ones look really nice, but I need at least four of them - so it's a bit pricey.

e: It's a Minotaur force, if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

ijyt posted:

Does anyone have recommendations for Rhino dozer blade parts? The Forge World ones look really nice, but I need at least four of them - so it's a bit pricey.

e: It's a Minotaur force, if that helps.

there's one on the IG tank accessories sprue that can be shaved a little to fit a rhino. Also a bunch of 3rd parties make them; kromlech and puppets war for a start.

http://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=71
http://bitsofwar.com/home/112-hvy-assault-vehicle-dozer-blades-.html

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Post 9-11 User posted:

Would it surprise you that my ex-fiancee's mom is also insane? She sent her a home made birthday card last year, made with Crayola marker. She drew party balloons on it and wrote underneath:

(Balloons, not spermies)

:psyduck:
In crayon???

Sounds like the Knight player was going pretty easy on the Tau player, or didn't realize how easily it could have been over had he charged.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
For the Rhino Dozer Blade just get some you know cardboard and make the old school ones. It's pretty easy to make I mean seriously. I think SRM psted a old school rhino dozer blade, it's simple as poo poo to make. It's some triangles and rectangles thats it.

Spend nothing.

Hell you could probably just go to like Home Depot and find something that would fit on the front and look vicious in the carpet section, there's all kinds of carpet trawls and such that are small.

Seriously it's ridiculously easy to make a Dozer blade. Get two pop sickle sticks or one cut them in half so they are straight lines and not curved.

Get a Paper towel roll. Cut the Cardboard tube in half , congrats "Dozer Blade". If you want to make it thicker attach the cut in half tubes together. take the rest of the tube and pack it with tissue, then heat it in the microwave then gently caress it with your cock, then put some spikey stuff on the halfpipes edge. Done.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jul 15, 2014

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

BULBASAUR posted:

Heh, that's what I thought you meant. I guess I called it the wrong thing. I'm saying it might be cool to add 1 card to the lot so you have less chance to get overly screwed if the only good objectives are across the board in some dudes guneline.

Oh gotcha! Good idea, maybe we'll try that next time.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I dunno the few people I play with have dropped down to 2 Mission Cards a turn instead of 3 it seems to work out better. 3 is to many because it's to easy to get a "sweep" on the first turn and get 3 or more victory points before your opponent does like anything and that's bullshit.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

For the Rhino Dozer Blade just get some you know cardboard and make the old school ones. It's pretty easy to make I mean seriously. I think SRM psted a old school rhino dozer blade, it's simple as poo poo to make. It's some triangles and rectangles thats it.

Spend nothing.

Hell you could probably just go to like Home Depot and find something that would fit on the front and look vicious in the carpet section, there's all kinds of carpet trawls and such that are small.

Seriously it's ridiculously easy to make a Dozer blade. Get two pop sickle sticks or one cut them in half so they are straight lines and not curved.

Get a Paper towel roll. Cut the Cardboard tube in half , congrats "Dozer Blade". If you want to make it thicker attach the cut in half tubes together. take the rest of the tube and pack it with tissue, then heat it in the microwave then gently caress it with your cock, then put some spikey stuff on the halfpipes edge. Done.

Actually don't do any of this.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Hollismason posted:

I dunno the few people I play with have dropped down to 2 Mission Cards a turn instead of 3 it seems to work out better. 3 is to many because it's to easy to get a "sweep" on the first turn and get 3 or more victory points before your opponent does like anything and that's bullshit.

The thing we're talking about doesn't give victory points until the end, it's all stuff like "units within 3" have +1 to cover saves" or "units within 3" can make ranged attacks with the Skyfire rule" and that kind of thing.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

He could just use the Chaos dozer blades. Aren't they just Heresy-era dozer blades anyway?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

LordAba posted:

Actually don't do any of this.

He should at least do some of it. Seriously their easy to make. It's literally a dozer blade it's not like a complex conversion, you could probably go to the Dollar general and buy a 2 or 3 dollar Bulldozer and tear off the dozer blade.

Sulecrist posted:

The thing we're talking about doesn't give victory points until the end, it's all stuff like "units within 3" have +1 to cover saves" or "units within 3" can make ranged attacks with the Skyfire rule" and that kind of thing.

Ah Okay I got confused then my bad. My point still stands.

I'm super happy right now with my army choices, Chaos Space Marines, Chaos Daemons, and Necrons. I totally loving ally them together sometimes and use Flayed Ones as Daemons. I really like playing those armies together. They all look way different but they kind of match in a weird way. I just like say the Necrons are Ad Mech, until people stop being jerks and let me play them as Ad Mech 30k army :(

I'm almost up to 2500 points worth of 40K! And I've only spent like I think like less than a grand probably way way way less. I try not to think about it. I got the Dark Vengeance set , then got a Necron Battleforce, then got a sweet deal on a Daemon Army. Hoping that I'll have a 1850 point army for Adepticon next year!

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 15, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i spent a grand on forge world last month thanks for bringing it up

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I couldn't imagine spending that much I like thrifting to much. That's not buying miniature money that's coke habit spending.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

i spent a grand on forge world last month thanks for bringing it up

And how much on personal hygiene products?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

If I spent a grand in a month on something there better have been a blowjob in that transaction somewhere.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just ask Ghost Hand about ForgeWorld's "customer satisfaction" department

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Warhammer 40k 7th Edition - i spent a grand on forge world last month thanks for bringing it up

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I hope you have a well paying job cause you realize that poo poo is toxic to eat.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Hollismason posted:

I hope you have a well paying job cause you realize that poo poo is toxic to eat.

Oh poo poo I uh I...

...I gotta go call an ambulance. And probably a grocery store right after that.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

And how much on personal hygiene products?

I will have you know I am super pretty irl.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

Spend nothing.

I mean why buy miniatures at all. You can get 100 army men for a buck, better yet just make some dudes out of pipe cleaners and bendy straws and stick them to pennys.

Oh and I painted my morkanaut

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
should have used cardboard, man.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Master Twig posted:

I hope forgeworld maKes a mycetic spore model and has it identical to what it was in the last codex.

Deep striking carnifexes forever.

They will not.

BULBASAUR posted:

Just ask Ghost Hand about ForgeWorld's "customer satisfaction" department

Let's just say that I am completely satisfied with all my purchases :P

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm going to make the best dozer blade out of Carboard and all of you guys are going to be so sorry!!

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

I'm going to make the best dozer blade out of Carboard and all of you guys are going to be so sorry!!

glue it to a tissue box with some crayons on the side and you've got yourself a land raider crusader.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Speaking of which , would the carboard cut out of a Dread from 2nd edition still be legal to use I wonder.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

should have used cardboard, man.

To be fair, this really works for certain armies. I made a pretty great looking deff rolla from a toilet paper roll.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

Speaking of which , would the carboard cut out of a Dread from 2nd edition still be legal to use I wonder.

it wasn't even legal at the time. I worked in GW retail around 96 and you couldn't put the carboard stuff on the tables.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Ignite Memories posted:

To be fair, this really works for certain armies. I made a pretty great looking deff rolla from a toilet paper roll.

See !! My Point is Validated Cardboard for EVERYONE!!!

Cataphract posted:

it wasn't even legal at the time. I worked in GW retail around 96 and you couldn't put the carboard stuff on the tables.

That's some bourgeois bullshit man.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Well, it is 100% Games Workshop product, so... maybe? Sorta like the Spruecron army.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I have not heard of this Spruecron army.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

This is the classic one, from before the 5E Necron book got released, but others have done similar stuff.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
I was always a fan of the Tzeentch cube daemon army

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Hollismason posted:

Spend nothing.

There's creativity and then there's using actual garbage. This is using actual garbage.
Garbage:

Old dozer blade bits you're thinking of:

Ignite Memories posted:

You also dressed it up with plasticard and rivets and cool detailing, not just gluing a cardboard half tube wholesale to the front of a $40 plastic tank kit.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I scored 4 of those dozer blades on ebay a few months ago. Just wait for one to come up and then message the seller if they have more- chances are they got several MK1 rhino kits and are flipping the bits they don't use to recoup some of the costs.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I figured out that Hollismason's cardboard tube suggestion was somewhat tongue in cheek when he recommended inserting your penis into it as a vital part of the assembly procedure. I'm really not sure how it became such a protracted conversation. Hopefully we can all agree that using found items to save money is cool, and effort is also cool!

e: that tzeentch cube army is well on the way to being something awesome. With a more complete painting and basing job I'd a billion times rather play against that than unpainted or mediocrely painted plastic.

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 15, 2014

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
there's also one on the chaos vehicle sprue

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Cataphract posted:

there's also one on the chaos vehicle sprue

That one has the chaos arrows on it though (visible from the side)

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

TheChirurgeon posted:

That one has the chaos arrows on it though (visible from the side)

You can shave them off easily, though. Alternatively, hotglue colored pencils to the front of your $40 tank.

"Learn one weird tip this guy uses to cheaply wargame! GW corporate hates him!"

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

PierreTheMime posted:

You can shave them off easily, though. Alternatively, hotglue colored pencils to the front of your $40 tank.

"Learn one weird tip this guy uses to cheaply wargame! GW corporate hates him!"

If you don't want to shave them off just tape a few birds to the sides to make aquillas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Hollismason posted:

He should at least do some of it. Seriously their easy to make. It's literally a dozer blade it's not like a complex conversion, you could probably go to the Dollar general and buy a 2 or 3 dollar Bulldozer and tear off the dozer blade.

Bulldozer toy might be an interesting way of doing it, I'll look into that.

e: Also I'm not sure if it was miscommunication on my part, or if I missed a post by someone else requesting parts, but I'm specifically looking to not use those weird spike things that come on the sprue.

• Locked thread