Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

S-Alpha posted:

Oh lord, here we go again. Another early Famitsu leak is out from the same guy who brought us the Adachi, Rise, and Ken leaks. (Take it with a grain of salt anyways.) Apparently we've got a new DLC character on the way come console release, and it'll be Marie, sporting Kaguya as a Persona.

Not the best choice, I'd say, but whatever.

Do people in Japan like this character or is Atlus just REALLY trying to get her to catch on despite her blatant shittiness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Radish posted:

Do people in Japan like this character or is Atlus just REALLY trying to get her to catch on despite her blatant shittiness?

Marie is to Atlus as Lightning is to Square. You'll never get rid of her.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

S-Alpha posted:

Oh lord, here we go again. Another early Famitsu leak is out from the same guy who brought us the Adachi, Rise, and Ken leaks. (Take it with a grain of salt anyways.) Apparently we've got a new DLC character on the way come console release, and it'll be Marie, sporting Kaguya as a Persona.

Not the best choice, I'd say, but whatever.

Igor when

Golden Goat posted:

Marie is to Atlus as Lightning is to Square. You'll never get rid of her.
Ugh

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Marie is alright, so I'm alright with this. We literally have the best P4 character, Adachi, in the game already. I doubt we can get the best P3 character since it seems like Shinjiro isn't returning except in spinoffs. Who else could they possibly add at this point anyway? Metis? Is that what you want?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Marie is alright, so I'm alright with this. We literally have the best P4 character, Adachi, in the game already. I doubt we can get the best P3 character since it seems like Shinjiro isn't returning except in spinoffs. Who else could they possibly add at this point anyway? Metis? Is that what you want?
They still haven't added the best member of the P4 investigation team: Mysterious Fox.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sure, why not? I mean, I don't exactly like Marie any more than anyone else, but it's a friggin fighting game and I'm not exactly gonna lose my poo poo unless she turns out to be Kokonoe levels of stupid good.

Which given ArcSys' track record with DLC characters will probably end up being true.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

InspectorCarbonara posted:

They still haven't added the best member of the P4 investigation team: Mysterious Fox.

What if we give Ken and Koromaru a Funky Student and Mysterious Fox alternate costume?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Cleretic posted:

What if we give Ken and Koromaru a Funky Student and Mysterious Fox alternate costume?

Somebody give this man a job.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Who even cares. Getting mad that they're adding Marie as a playable character in a fighting game is the most pointless thing you could get upset about. She's even DLC so it's not like she'll matter at all to the story (which is probably really bad anyway if P4A is anything to go by), she's just a character you can play as if you want to.

Hell, some people have such an unhealthy hatred of this video game character, I would expect them to be happy to have the opportunity to beat her up.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Shadow Ikutsuki please. No Persona, he just hits you with bad puns in word bubbles

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I want DLC Persona 2 characters. Maya and Tatsuya would be enough, really.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You're not getting it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Who even cares. Getting mad that they're adding Marie as a playable character in a fighting game is the most pointless thing you could get upset about. She's even DLC so it's not like she'll matter at all to the story (which is probably really bad anyway if P4A is anything to go by), she's just a character you can play as if you want to.

Hell, some people have such an unhealthy hatred of this video game character, I would expect them to be happy to have the opportunity to beat her up.

I have no strong opinions one way or the other about Marie. I am curious, though, about what people in Japan think of her. I'm not asking you specifically, I'm just kind of wondering if anyone knows if she's popular.

My favorite least likely character to be playable is the female main character from persona 3 portable, I'm not sure why but I've always really liked her and think she has a cool design.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 16, 2014

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
They like marie about as much as we do

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Marie Famitsu scans:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo, what the gently caress is that Igor move :lol:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Igor in a Box, best character.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's a giant inflatable Igor doll attack... I think i'll enjoy this.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Sign of Marie having a strong poking game?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Also it's raining in three out of four screenshots. Having it rain slightly whenever you pick Marie seems like just the sort of thing they'd do with her.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Let's play a little game of "Spot the new characters". I find one Marie now added to the cover, but do I see another addition somehwere?

It's Marge

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Marie's on the wrong side. :colbert:

e: oh poo poo, I hadn't seen how amazing Teddie's face was in that picture.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Atlus clearly cares about the Arena games a lot, they're putting a ton of work into this with ArcSys.

Adding Margaret would be sorta redundant, but I guess one cannot argue redundancy when you can have two Rises fighting while Rise narrates both of them.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Excels posted:

Atlus clearly cares about the Arena games a lot, they're putting a ton of work into this with ArcSys.

Adding Margaret would be sorta redundant, but I guess one cannot argue redundancy when you can have two Rises fighting while Rise narrates both of them.

Just to give Margaret some unused personas like Jack Frost or pyro jack or basically any of the more popular ones that never got in.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't know how a character is redundant because their sister is in, but okay.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Redundancy is probably not a concern in a game where three separate character slots are occupied by Labrys, Shadow Labrys, and Labrys Shadow version.

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Oh, does Shadow Labrys not get a Shadow version? That's too bad.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Roguelike posted:

Oh, does Shadow Labrys not get a Shadow version? That's too bad.

Neither do Adachi or Elizabeth (and I assume Margaret).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Only SEES, the Investigation Team, and Labrys get a shadow version. Everyone else is just the one version of themselves. Sho gets Minazuki who is something like a shadow mode in that he transfers SP between rounds and can go into Shadow Berserk, but he plays differently from Sho and has a persona with his own set of moves.

So basically...

Shadow Version = Yu, Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Kanji, Teddie, Naoto, Rise, Labrys, Junpei, Yukari, Akihiko, Mitsuru, & Kenomaru
No Shadows = Liz, Marge, Adachi, Slabrys, Sho, Minazuki & Marie

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also get hype for Rise damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQAeUYhyNHQ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lmao I saw this on the Evo stream and mildly freaked out. It's just some rhythm game thing right? This game is getting extremely bizarre

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Great Lakes Log posted:

lmao I saw this on the Evo stream and mildly freaked out. It's just some rhythm game thing right? This game is getting extremely bizarre

Rise is a big walking ad for P4: Dancing All Night, an entirely different game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lilith had a super just like that in Darkstalkers, didn't she?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I can't wait for this stupid game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't like Rise's special because it's so loving long. It's like one of the most pace-destroying super moves I've ever seen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I don't like Rise's special because it's so loving long. It's like one of the most pace-destroying super moves I've ever seen.
Yeah, that's true. It makes me think that maybe the other person is supposed to hit buttons too and the guy playing just didn't know, or something. Lilith's super in Darkstalkers was like ten seconds.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah it's similar to the Showtime super from Darkstalkers. The difference with this though is I can probably actually complete this one.

ImpAtom posted:

I would not be surprised if the move was impractical as hell, but it seems to be a super grab, so who honestly knows?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

It also whiffs loving constantly. I saw players on the Atlus stream missing it all the time.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Can we get Kou as playable with Daisuke as his persona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kou's persona is actually basketballs.

• Locked thread