Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

Not the cops, clouds are white.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Skizzzer posted:

I like rainy day photos. Everything looks better wet.

Always found that rainy days are prime for B/W photography

8th-snype posted:

:drat:

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 8, 2014

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

8th-snype posted:

Best post ITT

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

This is a great photograph but I kinda want to see her photo too. The one of her two daughters in foreground and the bloke peeping through the bushes in the background.

8th-snype posted:

sick

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

Ark fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 14, 2014

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Car Wash @Vaughn?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Musket posted:

Car Wash @Vaughn?

Motherfuckin HANDY MART, mad props if you know the secrets of the 4th stall.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

ansel autisms posted:

Motherfuckin HANDY MART, mad props if you know the secrets of the 4th stall.

in the know :swoon: a block away is some graff art KODAK DEATH and some trees. i keep meaning to walk over there. you should ping me on your nextel when your in da hills bruh. Ill bring cans of beer and joints.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Musket posted:

in the know :swoon: a block away is some graff art KODAK DEATH and some trees. i keep meaning to walk over there. you should ping me on your nextel when your in da hills bruh. Ill bring cans of beer and joints.

Hope you gonna be up late 'cuz I'm going creeping in your hood later this week.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

I think of these themed threads as showcases for our best/favorite photos, since there's a PAD thread for critiques and all. What did you like about this that made you want to post it here? Real (though admittedly abrasive) question.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
^^Goon Love: PDX Edition

A breaker of rules by Geektox, on Flickr

I took this in a hallway :ssh:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Geektox posted:

I wish I had better overall critique for this, but how blown out that wall lamp is actually kinda ruins a huge portion of the image. I'm not saying it could have been avoided (although maybe a little bit?), but it's just like boom, a quarter of the frame is nearly pure white and it's right next to the subject.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

SoundMonkey posted:

I wish I had better overall critique for this, but how blown out that wall lamp is actually kinda ruins a huge portion of the image. I'm not saying it could have been avoided (although maybe a little bit?), but it's just like boom, a quarter of the frame is nearly pure white and it's right next to the subject.

No I totally agree with you, I took this on my phone and it's poo poo at exposure. I might try to take it down in LR but there's probably no detail to recover there :(

Geektox fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 15, 2014

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

LargeHadron posted:

I think of these themed threads as showcases for our best/favorite photos, since there's a PAD thread for critiques and all. What did you like about this that made you want to post it here? Real (though admittedly abrasive) question.

Perhaps that's my mistake, I tend treat most of these as avenues for critique from people more interested in a given style. So with that being said I'm not particularly in love with this picture but there was something that kind of clicked with me, the ladies hat, her all purple get-up, the mans jacket, wanted to put it out there and see if it gets poo poo on or no reaction at all, by no means would I think this showcase' my best work.

.. or I had been drinking editing photos and thought it was the poo poo!

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Ark posted:

Perhaps that's my mistake, I tend treat most of these as avenues for critique from people more interested in a given style. So with that being said I'm not particularly in love with this picture but there was something that kind of clicked with me, the ladies hat, her all purple get-up, the mans jacket, wanted to put it out there and see if it gets poo poo on or no reaction at all, by no means would I think this showcase' my best work.

.. or I had been drinking editing photos and thought it was the poo poo!

Haha ok, makes sense.

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007

Geektox posted:

I don't mean this in a mean way but I thought this was a photo from the WAYWT thread. :V

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I want to share some non-terrible street photography:

http://whentosaynothing.com/

(Just to prove that it does exist, and contemporary photographers are still doing it well)

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Awkward Davies posted:

(Just to prove that it does exist, and contemporary photographers are still doing it well)

Just curious, do you know if that's a mixture of new and old photos? Some of them look like they were taken in the early '90s. Anyway, I love the ones of people pointing defiantly at the photographer from inside a car/restaurant. I bet they feel like they won the encounter.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

LargeHadron posted:

Just curious, do you know if that's a mixture of new and old photos? Some of them look like they were taken in the early '90s. Anyway, I love the ones of people pointing defiantly at the photographer from inside a car/restaurant. I bet they feel like they won the encounter.

I don't know 100%, but I live in NYC and those all look present day to me.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

ansel autisms posted:

Hope you gonna be up late 'cuz I'm going creeping in your hood later this week.

Yea, im usually up until 12/1am.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Awkward Davies posted:

I don't know 100%, but I live in NYC and those all look present day to me.

Weird, I guess mom jeans and Jordache shirts are a New York thing.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

LargeHadron posted:

Weird, I guess mom jeans and Jordache shirts are a New York thing.

Big in Portland. We also wear a lot of hypercolor and swatchs.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Awkward Davies posted:

Close this thread on a high note with this link. Replace all images with this link.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Musket posted:

Close this thread on a high note with this link. Replace all images with this link.

I dunno man, has anyone posted a picture of a dude looking away from a chessboard yet? That would be pretty sick.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

LargeHadron posted:

I dunno man, has anyone posted a picture of a dude looking away from a chessboard yet? That would be pretty sick.

Not yet. Lemme go see if I got one.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Street photography: pictures of old people

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Musket posted:

Not yet. Lemme go see if I got one.

If not, how about someone bending over and fiddling with something?

Subyng posted:

Street photography: pictures of old people

Street photography: If it happened, it's worth seeing again

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

LargeHadron posted:

If not, how about someone bending over and fiddling with something?

Ok whats next in street photography bingo

VCMC Aug 29th Track Day-4 by TCZPhotography, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

VelociBacon posted:

Boring scene of mother and child, over-sharpened.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

VelociBacon posted:

Child letting balloon go.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

VelociBacon posted:

Crossing street, walk sign somewhat visible. For context.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

LargeHadron posted:

Crossing street, walk sign somewhat visible. For context.

DSCF2966-Edit.jpg by Geektox, on Flickr

Bam. I don't think I sharpened it enough tho.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

VelociBacon posted:

person casting a long shadow

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

VelociBacon posted:

passersby gawking at attractive woman who pretends not to notice

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

girl on subway totally not saving this for my stroke folder

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Can someone just link gracks Flickr, so we can be over this terrible joke and move on to posting good photos?

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Subyng posted:

person casting a long shadow

Not just a person, multiple people, AND A SKATEBOARDER. Boom.

DSC_0047

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 20, 2018

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Musket posted:

Can someone just link gracks Flickr, so we can be over this terrible joke and move on to posting good photos?

Hey, I can continue the joke and post a good photo at the same time, observe:

ansel autisms posted:

girl on subway totally not saving this for my stroke folder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

I refuse to be part of your furry fantasies

Bubbles by dunos, on Flickr