Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Once I have a non-red name botting will be much easier for me, but I still have been able to leave it on when I sleep and wake up not murdered. It just takes a while to find a spot that is void of people. Which is hard at level 56.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I'm not really sure how I feel about the bots. I haven't used it so far, mostly due to an aversion I've had from previous games, but with leveling getting so much slower post 50 I'm considering it. I'm just afraid botting is eventually going to become almost a requirement for leveling, cus I just find it silly when the best way to play a game is to have it play itself.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
The bot XP, while not negligible, is nowhere near a requirement for leveling (much less "the best way"). It will never be that unless they multiply the amount of world energy we get. You do need botting if you want to keep your gear upgraded, unless you want to manually grind thousands of mobs instead. That's always an option if you're looking for the best way, as it's faster.

It's honestly a bit silly to feel morally conflicted about using a thing that the game has designed for you to use.

//

Here's my bot's skill setup, it should serve any Wutang pretty well. I could probably add a new skill to it now that I have a lot more chi to play with than ten levels ago, but it kills everything so fast that I haven't really bothered. A helpful tip is to start your bot in the middle of a X shaped spawn formation, where you're standing on top of one spawn in the middle of the X. The total of five spawns is usually enough to make sure you have stuff to kill, while minimizing the time you move between spawns.

Ihki fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 14, 2014

Bored Grunt
Nov 8, 2009

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain
It's a great feature as I can run the bot while at the gym... then apply some cheeto dust and drink a mountain dew afterwards and my Goon Chi is maintained. No one would suspect a thing.

The future of poopsocking is now.

I'll just have to tinker with it so I don't come back to it humping a wall or invisible barrier.

Bored Grunt fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 14, 2014

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
I'm stuck on the "Drunken Climbing" quest, I'm supposed to light a stone lantern but it doesn't seem to exist. Anyone else had this problem?

edit: Logged out and back in and the lantern spawned.

Catfishenfuego fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 15, 2014

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Pavlov posted:

I'm not really sure how I feel about the bots. I haven't used it so far, mostly due to an aversion I've had from previous games, but with leveling getting so much slower post 50 I'm considering it. I'm just afraid botting is eventually going to become almost a requirement for leveling, cus I just find it silly when the best way to play a game is to have it play itself.

It is a substitute for a rest bonus, which the game does not give. It isn't the best source of XP, but it is decent and noticeable. Quests, events, and instances are still far better sources of XP and other things. Besides, it is sort of mesmerizing to watch like watching a disk defrag except with violence and ragdoll physics.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The stone lantern is pretty small, but it's next to the NPC. Check for an icon on the lower left of your screen for <action> or pressing R. F11 will cycle through showing players if some dude's horse is standing on it.

The bot feature is really more useful to me for collecting crafting materials, as you can't buy the potions/food you need after level 50. Of course the bot uses a fair amount of potions if you let it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

angerbot posted:

The bot feature is really more useful to me for collecting crafting materials, as you can't buy the potions/food you need after level 50. Of course the bot uses a fair amount of potions if you let it.

I agree the biggest benefit of the bot is not the xp but the mats and automatic item leveling up.

Gear is such a crucial part of this game and leveling your gear up is absolutely vital.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
LemonKush says to you: You got voice chat?
LemonKush says to you: Mind if we talk?

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Please take him to a private channel and link it to the general one.

I remember doing this for some game. No result other then funny.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

randombattle posted:

I agree the biggest benefit of the bot is not the xp but the mats and automatic item leveling up.

Gear is such a crucial part of this game and leveling your gear up is absolutely vital.

And trivial. That's the best part. Botting takes all the effort out of it, and if there's one thing bad about Chinese/Southeast Asian games, it's the effort required in upgrading your gear. Gems somewhat take that void but it's still nothing compared to what I'm used to.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002

Liberatore posted:

And trivial. That's the best part. Botting takes all the effort out of it, and if there's one thing bad about Chinese/Southeast Asian games, it's the effort required in upgrading your gear. Gems somewhat take that void but it's still nothing compared to what I'm used to.

Would anyone mind posting a guide to botting? I haven't checked it out yet, is it pretty self explanatory?

Aupuch
Jul 25, 2000
Forum Veteran
Applied in game as PeeWun

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

HotBobaloo posted:

Would anyone mind posting a guide to botting? I haven't checked it out yet, is it pretty self explanatory?

For the most part, yeah. You unlock the feature at 30 (school quest) and get 200 drive at 35. Every day, at 8 AM server time, you get another 200 drive. You can spend 10 cents (10 sycee) to buy another 100 drive, and it caps out at 600. 1 Drive = 1 minute of botting.

You can easily consume your daily world energy (100, also at 8 AM) with 200 drive, so the main reason to pay for more botting is to upgrade your gear or farm mats.

The self-cultivation window has four tabs:

• General
    • Range: This is the maximum radius for where the bot will walk after mobs before coming back to the position where you started it. For most spots you don't want this to be too high or your bot will waste too much time running around, and may get stuck/jump off a cliff in defiance. In some spots you can set it to maximum and it will cover all mobs in the area and never waste time running back; I love those spots.
    • When to Stop Cultivation: I highly recommend changing the minutes window to a smaller value as you don't want to waste drive if your bot gets stuck or something.
    • Target Settings: I enable this at 1 minute so if the bot finds a stuck mob it won't waste time trying to attack it.
    • Collection Settings: Leave the first option checked and the last unchecked. Setup your companion to loot things as you would normally. The last option makes you loot things yourself which will only slow you down.
    • Loot Management: I've yet to get this option to work; I think it needs a companion with the 'sell' errand skill, though. Sundry items are normal items that have no value beyond bound money, so if you can get that to work, I recommend it.

• Skills
    • This one's really simple. Just make a set with the skills you want to use while botting, then drag them down to the middle. Make sure you set a basic or the bot won't start. For attacks you can leave the timer at 0 so they're used on cooldown. If you have a heal, it's a good idea to set it at the bottom as healing yourself is far more efficient than using potions/food, so it will cut down on your bound/crafting costs. Make sure you set buffs to the correct timer or you will waste Chi.
    • Skills to avoid: You don't want too many charge-style skills in your bot's bar as they will often move you beyond the bot's radius and force you to walk back, wasting time. You also don't want skills that can be used when out of range in 3D/Traditional mode with "Locked Target" enabled (E'mei has a bunch of these), as your bot will use them without approaching the enemy. For charge-up skills, you want to make sure the bot isn't wasting time; Counters for instance are bad because the bot doesn't understand it needs to make the target attack you first, so don't check "cast charge skill" if you really want to use them.

• Healing
    • Character Healing: This one's simple. Drag the items you want to use for healing/recovering chi over the box, and check the things below if you want to use them. Keep in mind that if you set your bot to buy items when it runs out, it won't switch to the other type (i.e. from food to potion or potion to food) before going back to buy more. To get around this I typically set the values above to be the same between the two types (e.g. use health potion/food at 50% HP) so the bot consumes both types of equally. Also, some enemies drop consumables and you may want the bot to prioritize them. And take a few minutes to craft consumables so you don't spend more bound than you need to.
    • Companion Healing: This uses the various types of companion consumables. You may want to check the loyalty one so your companion doesn't stop looting in case it dies, and the health one so it doesn't die in the first place.
    • Rest Settings: Leave stop at 0 world energy checked unless you're botting for items, and do whatever with the meditate option; The bot doesn't use stamina by default but meditating is inefficient and slows you down, so I leave it unchecked.
    • Durability: This only works if your companion has the fix skill; Not particularly useful unless you're botting for long periods of time. Just make sure you fix your poo poo before you start botting.

• Gear Upgrade
    • Always check this, and pick which option you prefer. While botting, green gear will continually fill up your bag, so this is the best way to upgrade your equipped gear.

P.S.: Every time you change something in a tab, click "save". If you switch tabs, the previous one will lose all unsaved changes. And remember: while there's not many things normal mobs can drop, their drops aren't normalized. Some will drop food/potions when others won't, some have better gear drop rates, and so on. You may want to experiment to find the best spot based on your level, school, competition and current needs.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 15, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

ZhouDynasty just declared war on our base.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Shocking. No wait the opposite of that.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
So if we don't have dominance over a zone, but still have influence, can we do the quests once they open? Do we know yet?

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

applied as WwWwWwWwWwW

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

dominoeffect posted:

applied as WwWwWwWwWwW

I saw your name and declined it without checking the thread.

Reapply. Sorry about that.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Sorry I missed the defence - was botting overnight and it looks like that was ~4am my time. :(

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

What loving time was this? Did they come at us at midnight or some poo poo?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

What loving time was this? Did they come at us at midnight or some poo poo?

Yes. They won the entire war in about 10 minutes after it started. They now have presence in Salt Harbor that we can't remove, and are free to vote to dominate it this weekend.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007
Gearing is kind of lost to me at this point. At lvl 52, should I just be running instances at swordsman+ and pray for good drops? Is that pretty much the only way?

Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

Applied as Risette.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

skystream92 posted:

Gearing is kind of lost to me at this point. At lvl 52, should I just be running instances at swordsman+ and pray for good drops? Is that pretty much the only way?

Use the token vendors in Harmony's Piedmont.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

skystream92 posted:

Run instances for crafting materials and hero tokens. Do the daily bounty board for hero tokens. Turn them in to exo/endo merchants for gear.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Bonus quests are now available, allowed to two a day for ~12 unbound silver a pop. Also lets you complete the Bandit Camp quests from the finance manager though for guild scrolls/hooks/fish tickets.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Haroshia posted:

Yes. They won the entire war in about 10 minutes after it started. They now have presence in Salt Harbor that we can't remove, and are free to vote to dominate it this weekend.

United lost to them as well.

Oh and Bonus quests are now available at the financial manager. It appears the entire purpose for the domination map is just for this. Currently we are allowed to do 2 bonus quests a day(rotation?) and they refill 3 times a day. The quest gives me 12 Silver and 59 Bronze coins and required me to kill level 1 mobs and talk to two people. The available bonus quests for each zone we have a branch in is dependent on the % we are allowed in the zone with 20% being the highest allowed for anyone that dominates it.

Oh and the bonus quests do not give anything but Unbound money. No Xp for the bonus quests as far as I can see.

So essentially to break it down the entire Domination and force map deal is all about getting unbound money quests. Also having branches so we can talk to informants for Rumors.

Worst effect a guild can inflict on another guild is that they block their progress in a zone limiting their bonus quests and rumor gathering as well as every day defeat them in a war giving them a -20% xp debuff for one hour, block feasts for one hour and spray poo poo on their walls. Also there is the ability to pay cash shop money and attack a guild to destroy their "something".

Edit: I expect now that there is unbound currency at stake we are going to see the bot trains form a guild. This is a possibility and could be quite entertaining.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 15, 2014

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

Haroshia posted:

Run instances for crafting materials and hero tokens. Do the daily bounty board for hero tokens. Turn them in to exo/endo merchants for gear.

How good is crafted stuff? Haven't tried crafting anything yet because I thought it sucked.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

skystream92 posted:

How good is crafted stuff? Haven't tried crafting anything yet because I thought it sucked.

Crafting eats your bound currency but it is very much worth it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

skystream92 posted:

You have a chance at your crafted poo poo to not be poo poo. Its total rng but you can put a luck item in when making the item to get a better chance. Starmetal is for Weapons, Ancient Pattern for Tailor and Silver Wire for Jewelers. In most cases the 4 to 5 star poo poo you craft can come out better than the Hero Order gear because the hero order gear generates random levels for school skills where as the crafted items focus on pure stats. Also note that bound luck items craft a bound item where normally the item will be crafted unbound.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007
Alright one more gear question:

How good are the level 50 set items? I have a ton of unbound due to the hero pack, and wondering if it is worth buying some of the ones you see flying around. Trying to decide if it is worth dropping the unbound on the lvl 50 set, or keep it and just wait until I hit 60 to do my skybrush cases for legendaries.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

skystream92 posted:

I just knocked this out earlier today and bumped it up to +3:

Get a decent roll on the random green stats and it's not bad gear. Important to note that '#0 level' crafted gear is actually #8, so level 40 gear crafts as 48, 50 as 58 and so on. Weapons I think are #2? Amulets and poo poo at #5.

Potions and food though are completely worth it as you'll get plenty of materials for them and you need to craft that at higher levels rather than relying on potion/food drops.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Seems I got booted due to being a lazy rear end, sorry about that! Reapplying, character is still Skylight. I'll do my dailies this time.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We got a new way to get unbound.

It is about 12 silver per run.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

We got a new way to get unbound.

It is about 12 silver per run.

So 10 runs per person per day, but only a handful of quests for the whole guild unless we have area dominance, correct?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The quests may reset at 1000, 1400, and 2000 so that may be 30 quests per day.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Wow, yeah those could be botted so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
So is this basically Wushu but better?

• Locked thread