Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Since everyone is posting shoes, I am posting shoes I bought a few months ago:

Black and yellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Josh Lyman posted:

Isn't this a wok?

It's a frying pan. I've jumped on the de Buyer bandwagon too because it was drat cheap for something that lasts your whole life.

I also got one of their wok which is gorgeous (blue steel)

edit because I missed the opportunity to post more blue steel

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 14:47 on Jul 15, 2014

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Kidney Stone posted:

Not a pair of shoes or furniture, but this:

A Pathfinder II inflatable kayak - gonna be spending my holidays on the "rivers" (Denmark doesn't have any rivers, but more like streams up to 10 meters wide) around my home.

Your kayak looks like a vagina.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Finally bought a rice cooker. $20 from target.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

cname posted:

That's nothing compared to this.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

cname posted:

Well he is the little man in the boat.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

cname posted:

How's your new blow-up doll?

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

cname posted:

Mhmmmm... Vagina...

Looking forward to feel the wetness in it ;)

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

App13 posted:

Rice cookers own and once you realize the glory that is rice you'll spring for a Zujiroshi. Having the ability to have rice ready for you when you walk in the door from work is amazing.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

SaltLick posted:

Rice cookers own and once you realize the glory that is rice you'll spring for a Zujiroshi. Having the ability to have rice ready for you when you walk in the door from work is amazing.

I had one when I was stationed in Japan and loved it to death. Unfortunately, college students make a lot less money than active duty sailors, and I had to get something a little simpler...

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

App13 posted:

I've had the same one for 6 years. I use it all the time. Quinoa cooks well in there too.
The steamer sucks and takes forever though

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Three nights at Chateau Whistler

Subtract snow, add mountain bikes

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

leidend posted:

Three nights at Chateau Whistler

Subtract snow, add mountain bikes

Please bring a skateboard too! Whistler is one of my favorite downhill spots.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

ChocNitty posted:

A book about the only known person to have been born in a North Korean concentration camp that managed to escape.

His life in the camp, his escape, and his transition to a normal society is pretty insane.

Since he was born and raised in the camp, he believed the rest of the world was the same, so he had no desire to escape.
It was only when a man who lived on the outside came into the camp, and told him stories of the outside world that made him want to escape.

I just finished Nothing to Envy by Barbara Demick so I am totally buying this. North Korea is simultaneously horrifying and really fascinating.

Finally I have money to buy cool poo poo!

(vintage, from Etsy)

(vintage, from Etsy)

(handmade, Etsy)

And a poo poo-ton of books from Amazon. Ramayana, Doc Savage, Rat Queens, Warhammer...

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

kreyla posted:

(handmade, Etsy)

Good lord, those are pretty. I probably can't afford anything from that shop but I intend to check it out anyway.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

cname posted:

Please bring a skateboard too! Whistler is one of my favorite downhill spots.

The ones with the huge inflated wheels? I haven't skateboarded since I was about 7 years old, Whistler is probably not the best place to try again. :)

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

Hummingbirds posted:

Good lord, those are pretty. I probably can't afford anything from that shop but I intend to check it out anyway.

She's having a 30% off sale until the end of July, and the shipping is free! :) I paid about $30, not too bad.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent
I bought this crap.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

cyberia posted:

I was having a look around at my local goodwill store and found this beauty:

Now I just have to find a hook strong enough to hang it on the wall.

Use it to scare your cowardly dog.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

As someone who didn't own a PS3, I love the remastered games they put out for the PS4.

And a lot of crap for the bike I bought two months ago:

Crankbrothers Multi-17 for repairing poo poo on the move

Topeak JoeBlow Max for blowing air into the wheels

Pedal reflectors because they are mandatory here and the ones coming with the bike where attached with lovely plastic nubs which lasted about 2 weeks.

(not my picture)
Kali Avana. Seems a good compromise between looking like a dork (you still look like a dork), breathability (unlike the skate style helmets) and protection. It was also recommended in one of the biking thread on YLLS and also 30 € off.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
Because I love the gimmick and lack substance. This will tide me over until The Last of Us.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fozaldo posted:

Because I love the gimmick and lack substance. This will tide me over until The Last of Us.

I just beat it last night. Took me about 7 and a half hours to finish and I had fun throughout the whole thing. I never got tired of those ridiculous X-Ray death cams.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I just beat it last night. Took me about 7 and a half hours to finish and I had fun throughout the whole thing. I never got tired of those ridiculous X-Ray death cams.

Now do it again, but testicle shots only.

Phaeoacremonium
Aug 7, 2008

McSpergin posted:

Sweet purchase on the de buyer gear.
I've had mine about 12 months and it is awesome! 32cm and 20cm pans cast iron because non stick is for scrubs

It's a sweet steel pan, but I am having some difficulty with the seasoning. I'm still trying to figure it out. It may not be cast iron, but the 28cm pan is heavy enough to qualify as a dangerous weapon.

Phaeoacremonium has a new favorite as of 10:11 on Jul 16, 2014

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I have a job interview tomorrow so I felt like I should stop dressing like an IT goon and start dressing like an adult. To facilitate this I bought a suit:

and some shoes (but in black):

I now look 100% less goony and more like a real grownup :downs:

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

cyberia posted:

I have a job interview tomorrow so I felt like I should stop dressing like an IT goon and start dressing like an adult. To facilitate this I bought a suit:

and some shoes (but in black):

I now look 100% less goony and more like a real grownup :downs:

Best of luck, dude :)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

They finally fuckin arrived!

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

crosshatch posted:

I bought this table

and four of these chairs

Now I just need to get the last of my moving boxes out of the dining room and I'll be able to eat.

I love this. Is there a furniture thread anywhere? I am about to have to buy a whole house worth and would love to see what other goons are doing and where they're buying.

Content: I bought business cards and a fancy new business card holder. Not going to post pics since my name/number is on them, but if anyone is looking to buy a house in Florida (Space Coast/Brevard), PM me!

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014
Finally got myself a proper torch

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

StraightFace posted:

Finally got myself a proper torch

I picked up a few different lenser torches from woot a while back. They seem really well made. I've been impressed.

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I picked up a few different lenser torches from woot a while back. They seem really well made. I've been impressed.

Same, I would recommend them to anyone

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Fozaldo posted:

I have loved this so far, but the sick bastard in me is disappointed that the kill-shot damage doesn't persist after the x-ray version.

I... I think I'm a bad person. Maybe I'll just go play Soldier of Fortune 2 with slo-mo on some more. :ohdear:

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I bought a robot to clean my floors for me, because I'm exceptionally lazy.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

StraightFace posted:

Same, I would recommend them to anyone

Ditto, I have a lenser dive light, good piece of kit.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

overdesigned posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXhsUPtsiLU

I will never not think of this whenever I see one

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

overdesigned posted:

I have one of these, I think. Mine is called "Mint" though. It looks identical so I assume IRobot bought them out. It works pretty well. Not perfect, but it makes it so we don't have to sweep our hard wood floors that often.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Good to hear that it works well--we have tile/wood laminate throughout the entire house, so this guy should be worth it.

crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

I bought some comic books

and some ugly stupid sneakers

Sevryn
Mar 7, 2002

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Oh for gently caress's sake...why did they not make this pink? Is it TOO obvious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Casio F108WH, since I got my paycheck today.