Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Disregard last post, I went with the mod in the OP, but I'm having a problem where, when I tell Boone to return to the Lucky 38, he just stays where he is and doesn't move at all. Anyone else had that? e: To clarify, I have the usual dialogue option but he doesn't move from the spot once I tell him to go. Otherwise he has the same dialogue as if I sent him away, and I lose his perk.

Load order posted:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm
FreesideOpen.esm
oHUD.esm
NVStripOpen.esm
YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp
Wild Wasteland YCS Fix.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
friendofnightforfellout.esp
kochandbohr.esp
Light Step ED-E.esp
Fellout-OWB.esp
AllCompanionsEssential 2.0b.esp
CASM.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
MojaveExtended100.esp
Wild Wasteland Integration.esp
pyFourEyesFix.esp
MBOWBExtended100.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
OWB Valence Mask.esp
SecretStash80.esp
SimpleStreetLights.esp
outsidebets.esp
jsawyer.esp
FreesideOpenPatch.esp
Fellout.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
StripOpenMain.esp
ImprovedCompanions.esp
athornysituation.esp
Brotherhood and House Alliance.esp
awilderwasteland.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Total active plugins: 49
Total plugins: 70

Dr Snofeld fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dr Snofeld posted:

I'm looking for a mod that improves the Lucky 38 suite, since it's a bit pokey for a presidential suite. I tried the mod Lucky 38 Suite Reloaded and while it's a neat concept it seems pretty buggy. I don't know if the Run the Lucky 38 mod changes the suite (or if it's any good, come to that). Bonus points if it has the amenities like ammo sorters and the like.

I use Lucky 38 High Roller Suite which adds a lot of neat clutter and has an area for displaying unique weapons. It doesn't clash with Run the Lucky 38, which, by the way, is OK. Its quests are nothing special but not bad. It breaks everything horribly though, once you get it back up to speed you start bringing in tens of thousands of caps an hour and you can afford anything.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I mentioned "King of the Ring" earlier and how I thought it wasn't working. Of course the author didn't put it in the FAQ or readme, it turns out you get a message once you hit level 10 on where to go. The beginning dialogue when you get there is actually pretty funny and it takes a lot to make me laugh. I recommend the mod very highly. Just make sure you put a lot of points into Unarmed and get a few of those perks as well. If you have Sprint mod installed grab the "Charge" perk as it comes in very handy (though some fighters have the Stonewall perk so you can't knock them over with it).

Anyway, I have a question. I want to start a new run with "Weapons of the New Millenia", but I'm wondering if Signature Weapons works with 3rd party weapons? Once I find a weapon I like in Millenia's pack I'll likely stick with it, so I thought it was worth asking if it will even work with his weapons?

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Swartz posted:

Anyway, I have a question. I want to start a new run with "Weapons of the New Millenia", but I'm wondering if Signature Weapons works with 3rd party weapons? Once I find a weapon I like in Millenia's pack I'll likely stick with it, so I thought it was worth asking if it will even work with his weapons?

Signature weapons and armor mods work just fine with 3rd party weapons; they only thing is it might not account for "unique" versions of a weapon. For example, Signature weapons was written to "know" that Maria is a 9mm pistol. It won't know that Millenia's "Really Terrible Shotgun" is meant as a unique version of his Combat Shotgun.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Hobo on Fire posted:

Signature weapons and armor mods work just fine with 3rd party weapons; they only thing is it might not account for "unique" versions of a weapon. For example, Signature weapons was written to "know" that Maria is a 9mm pistol. It won't know that Millenia's "Really Terrible Shotgun" is meant as a unique version of his Combat Shotgun.

Does that mean that if you set a weapon as your signature, it works with unique versions?

Also completely unrelated question, is there a mod that makes the big boomer purchasable? :v:

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

watho posted:

Does that mean that if you set a weapon as your signature, it works with unique versions?

From the mods nexus page:

quote:

I've also arranged it so that a weapon and its unique counterpart (i.e., Maria/9mm, Chopper/Cleaver, Figaro/Straight Razor) count as the same weapon...so if you plan on happening to coincidentally find a certain unique weapon later, you can still practice with its more commonplace version.
Again, as far as I know, this was only for weapons from the vanilla game. Not from mods or DLCs.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Does anyone know a fix for the black screen bug with portable tents? The one where you enter and it's a black screen and then everything in the tent is piled up on top of you and you can't move.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Now, for some reason this explosive shotgun ammo I'm working on seems to prevent me from using GRA shotgun ammo. Does anyone know what might cause this and how to prevent it?

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I fixed my problem. It was the Improved Companions mod. There's a fix for the Balanced version of the mod in its comments section, if anyone else has the same problem.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

watho posted:

Now, for some reason this explosive shotgun ammo I'm working on seems to prevent me from using GRA shotgun ammo. Does anyone know what might cause this and how to prevent it?
Are you trying to shoot it from a gun from the base game, or a GRA-added gun?

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

watho posted:

If you edited the 12ga ammo formlist to include your new ammo, that will make it override GRA (which does the same thing to add its new 12ga ammo).

You can add GRA as a master to your mod and fix this manually, or just create an automatic merged patch using FNVEdit (which is normally a really good idea to do anyway).

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

so since there's no Fallout 3 mod thread anymore, I might as well bring this up here, I tried installing FWE and the game keeps crashing when I start a New Game. Sup with that?

Alaois fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 16, 2014

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Dr Snofeld posted:

Disregard last post, I went with the mod in the OP, but I'm having a problem where, when I tell Boone to return to the Lucky 38, he just stays where he is and doesn't move at all. Anyone else had that? e: To clarify, I have the usual dialogue option but he doesn't move from the spot once I tell him to go. Otherwise he has the same dialogue as if I sent him away, and I lose his perk.

What were your problems with reloaded? I prefer it to the one in the OP and I haven't had problems with it, other than that my companions just sort of glom up in one spot and never move, but I'm OK with that.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Alouicious posted:

so since there's no Fallout 3 mod thread anymore, I might as well bring this up here, I tried installing FWE and the game keeps crashing when I start a New Game. Sup with that?

What other mods do you have?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

What other mods do you have?

DarnUI and a mod that separates the helmet from the Chinese Stealth Suit, and the mod didn't work even before the CSS mod

maybe i just don't understand how it's "fomod ready" because I follow the install instructions and there's no way to actually do what it says in FOMM so I had to do what it says to do with NMM so idk

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Alouicious posted:

DarnUI and a mod that separates the helmet from the Chinese Stealth Suit, and the mod didn't work even before the CSS mod

maybe i just don't understand how it's "fomod ready" because I follow the install instructions and there's no way to actually do what it says in FOMM so I had to do what it says to do with NMM so idk

If I remember correctly, installing it with FOMM was just a matter of adding it in the package manager and double-clicking to start the install process. Even if that doesn't work, usually just unzipping the file into the Data folder should be enough. Perhaps something in your mod was corrupted or missing?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Hobo on Fire posted:

Millenia's weapon compilation (also organized by Naky) is a great way to add a good number of well made guns, without going overboard. Spice of Life adds lots of variety to clothing and armor, and WILL work without body replacers, though you will have some texture issues on anything that shows skin. Increased Wasteland Spawns just takes whatever spawns naturally and increases that number whereas DFB random encounters creates new groups out of thin air. For quests, the Someguy series (NV Bounties, etc.) are highly recommended. Ojo Bueno and NMC both add better textures, and cover a few different things, but you can slap one over the other to cover all the bases. Millenia also did a Weapon Retexture Project for the vanilla guns.

FOMM is still king for Fallout, as far as I'm concerned; you'll also want to look at CASM since the vanilla save system is lovely, and MCM to help with tweaking settings for many mods, including ones I've mentioned. Many people will also recommend Project Nevada as an overhaul, and I'll toss in a mention for the JSawyer plugin, designed by New Vegas lead Developer/goon Ropekid to tweak the game more as he envisioned it. There are plenty of people here who will also vouch for the various UI and weather mods.

All this stuff is in the OP, if you need links.

Thanks for this. Is DFB recommended among you? How about mods to change/add settlements and or zones? I.e adding new poo poo or changing poo poo in new vegas, or adding a new raider camp or vault or something like that. I think I've got my bases covered as far as fixing and tweaking and gameplay go. I'm also wondering if there any of those community patches or bug fixing patches that are actually worth downloading?

One more thing, as far as shaders and injectors and weird poo poo like that, what's the most stable and least likely to make my game run terribly? I have 8 gigs, intel quad core at 4.3ghz(can't remember specific model, it's a 4970k or something), and a 7850 overclocked. I run at 1920x1090. Is there any easy way to get this run borderless windowed either?

Bob NewSCART fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 16, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Alouicious posted:

Edit: sorry didnt mean to empty quote.

Anyhow, Id recommend uninstalling the mod through NMM, and then:

Unpacking the mod to a temporary folder.
Click on package manager in FOMM, then selecting add folder, and select the folder you unpacked the mod to.

It might take a minute or two, but that should create the fomod.

Alternatively, install A Tale of Two Wastelands so you can play Fallout 3 in New Vegas and use project Nevada, which is by the people who did FWE.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 16, 2014

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NEVERMIND

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

OKAY

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

Edit: sorry didnt mean to empty quote.

Anyhow, Id recommend uninstalling the mod through NMM, and then:

Unpacking the mod to a temporary folder.
Click on package manager in FOMM, then selecting add folder, and select the folder you unpacked the mod to.

It might take a minute or two, but that should create the fomod.

Alternatively, install A Tale of Two Wastelands so you can play Fallout 3 in New Vegas and use project Nevada, which is by the people who did FWE.

I didn't install it through NMM, I did the NMM "method" (put both parts of the mod and the hotfix into one combined folder and slap it into the package manager), and when I tried doing the thing you mentioned FOMM crashed.

e: FOMM just seems really out-of-date and unsupported in general, BOSS autosorting doesn't work and trying to check for updates also crashes it

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Alouicious posted:

I didn't install it through NMM, I did the NMM "method" (put both parts of the mod and the hotfix into one combined folder and slap it into the package manager), and when I tried doing the thing you mentioned FOMM crashed.

e: FOMM just seems really out-of-date and unsupported in general, BOSS autosorting doesn't work and trying to check for updates also crashes it

Try LOOT instead of BOSS, it finds out which of your plugins need other plugins and makes sure everything's executable. BOSS goes by a master list so it can't sort plugins not on that list.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm talking about the tool built into FOMM, not running the external program. It's non-functional.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

okay so even though FOMM crashes when it creates a FOMOD from the folder, it still creates the FOMOD. Sure yeah why not gj FOMM

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Alouicious posted:

okay so even though FOMM crashes when it creates a FOMOD from the folder, it still creates the FOMOD. Sure yeah why not gj FOMM

I had started to run into that problem with my old fomm install. It's pretty weird.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
That happens for me as well, and I just started a fresh mod install a few days ago. It's annoying but tolerable.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Also it's really loving with me how FWE's install instructions refer to it all as one big thing when it's actually 3 discrete things and they don't really acknowledge this at all

TheDizIsAwesome
Dec 2, 2008
So I just started a new playthrough and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any companion mods that aren't just awful. Delilah was so terrible I uninstalled it after one conversation, and Willow is getting on my last nerve very quickly.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

McSlave posted:

So I just started a new playthrough and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any companion mods that aren't just awful. Delilah was so terrible I uninstalled it after one conversation, and Willow is getting on my last nerve very quickly.

Vincent Vincent. By the Interesting NPCs guy.

You could also get the Sunny Smiles companion mod.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Antistar01 posted:

If you edited the 12ga ammo formlist to include your new ammo, that will make it override GRA (which does the same thing to add its new 12ga ammo).

You can add GRA as a master to your mod and fix this manually, or just create an automatic merged patch using FNVEdit (which is normally a really good idea to do anyway).

Well, I did the merged patch thing and it fixed a whole bunch of problems that I had no idea that I had. Not the 12Ga. ammo one though.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

watho posted:

Well, I did the merged patch thing and it fixed a whole bunch of problems that I had no idea that I had. Not the 12Ga. ammo one though.
The automated merged patch doesn't catch everything. Load up GRA and your mod in FNVEdit and merge GRA's entries in AmmoList12Ga (0015367F) into your mod.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

McSlave posted:

Niner is pretty good, if you don't mind rolling with a junkie. His companion quest conveniently takes you from Goodsprings, to the Mojave Outpost, through Nipton, up to Novac, and finally to Vegas proper. The character is completely (and competently) voice acted, and actually has some good lines here and there. Plus, you know, male follower... rarely seen on the Nexus.

For your more typical :nexus: follower mods (i.e. girls who follow you around with no story beyond what you do to get them) I'll throw in a mention for the Melissa Lewis and Wendy Gilbert companions. Melissa uses some spliced together vanilla dialogue to create party banter with the vanilla companions, and Wendy can have her skills customized/leveled up with use; a handy way to cover for skills the player may not have up to par, like picking locks or hacking terminals. Both have some questionable barbie-doll dress-up aspects as far as changing their hair/clothing, but its easy to ignore.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

fronz posted:

What were your problems with reloaded? I prefer it to the one in the OP and I haven't had problems with it, other than that my companions just sort of glom up in one spot and never move, but I'm OK with that.

The auto-sort doesn't seem to work well with GRA weapons (I think that's the issue, or possibly the way JSawyer mod merges them) and there's a few visual glitches, plus my companions seem to glitch through the floor now and then.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Anyone else have Randal's shack in Bountys mod collapse into a singularity where he and all the stuff in the roof have become one?

I had to google the console commands for no clip and hunt for the pixels of the door to get out. :v:

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

watho posted:

Not sure how you'd get that result, unless you made a new formlist for the ammo or something.

Raygereio posted:

The automated merged patch doesn't catch everything. Load up GRA and your mod in FNVEdit and merge GRA's entries in AmmoList12Ga (0015367F) into your mod.

That's true, but it does catch this. It's how the Modern Weapons add-on for WMX is set up; it requires an automatic merged patch for this and it works fine.

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
Question to people using Nevada Skies - how often do weather effects appear usually? Because I started using that mod it's neat and all but it feels like it's either raining or dust storm (or radioactive dust storm) all the time, and I'm not sure if it's working as intended, the mod glitching out or I forgot to set something.

Also: Did anyone use Equipment part of Project Nevada? I'm a bit cautious when it comes to equipment mods so I'm wondering if the new items are balanced/fit in well or is it better to avoid that part of the mod.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

Malek Deneith posted:

Question to people using Nevada Skies - how often do weather effects appear usually? Because I started using that mod it's neat and all but it feels like it's either raining or dust storm (or radioactive dust storm) all the time, and I'm not sure if it's working as intended, the mod glitching out or I forgot to set something.

Also: Did anyone use Equipment part of Project Nevada? I'm a bit cautious when it comes to equipment mods so I'm wondering if the new items are balanced/fit in well or is it better to avoid that part of the mod.

In your apparel inventory there's a gadget that lets you set variables like occurrence and the option to remove things all together(like rad storms thank god). I forget what the default value for all of it is, but I have mine set to about one a week.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

McSlave posted:

Try Russell from the Someguy series. He's easily available from the 188 Trading Post and comes with his own quest, with everything tying into the rest of the Someguy series like New Vegas Bounties and The Inheritance.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Anyway I can fix Randal and Associates shack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Malek Deneith posted:

Equipment is pretty nondescript actually. It's mostly weapons from Fallout 3 that didn't come over to NV and if you gave it to someone who knows nothing about New Vegas they wouldn't be able to tell what was part of the vanilla game and what was part of the mod.

Honestly, with PN, just install everything so you can use the Extra Options mod add-on for the updated DLC support and much finer control over how PN affects your game. I wouldn't even consider using PN without Extra Options at this point.