Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
One thread to rule them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Whitezombi posted:

One thread to rule them all.

And one missed snype to bind them.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I wish I could throw these posts into Mount Doom.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
just call one of those giant eagles and fly there in 20 min

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
But then there probably would have only been one book and what would Peter Jackson do then?

Oh yeah still make three movies out of it I guess.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Despair posted:

God forbid we have to read more threads.

True. Just wondered how people were liking it.

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009

xzzy posted:

There have indeed been a couple times where I was in the low effort thread and said to myself "gently caress the rules, I'm going to comment on that picture because it's just that good."

But I hate not having POSTING PRIVILEGES so I closed the tab and tried to forget the situation.

A couple of times I have gone to the picture on flickr and left a comment for the poster to say I like a picture or to ask questions about it.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Claw Massage posted:

A couple of times I have gone to the picture on flickr and left a comment for the poster to say I like a picture or to ask questions about it.

You're always also welcome to crosspost it into PAD and give good critique, and it ain't against the rules to link them to that post in the low-effort thread.

Hell, since you critiqued a picture in PAD, you even get to post one! poo poo, it's like this was the idea the whole time! :v:

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
Quoting my post in the "awesome photography" thread because I should have posted here to start with.

rcman50166 posted:

I was browsing the thread thinking that a lot of the commentary is unnecessary and uncalled for. I wouldn't dare to try and post content in this thread. No joke. It's that hostile.

Can we make it a little more friendly somehow? I wouldn't mind getting told the photos I like suck as long as there was a reason along with it that is more specific than an elaborate joke that basically says "It's been done before"

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

rcman50166 posted:

Quoting my post in the "awesome photography" thread because I should have posted here to start with.

Can we make it a little more friendly somehow? I wouldn't mind getting told the photos I like suck as long as there was a reason along with it that is more specific than an elaborate joke that basically says "It's been done before"

I don't think I need to get out my bespoke artisanal fountain pen and scribe new and groundbreaking rules but yeah that thread sucks a lot. I see you have plat though, so y'know, if a post sucks extra much, you know what button to use.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

so y'know, if a post sucks extra much, you know what button to use.

Log Out?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Yes, please do :v:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Maybe make that thread photos only, no text? Of course, then people would just post terrible ironically and troll just as hard.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
Maybe make people not get butthurt when others disagree with them? Of course, this is the Internet.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

MrBlandAverage posted:

Maybe make people not get butthurt when others disagree with them? Of course, this is the Internet.

There is in fact a rule in the OP of this very thread directly relating to that.

Of course there's also 2 or 3 up there about being a dickhead so people might want to become familiar with all of them :v:

So yes, to those who may be internet angry, please attempt to be less so, and to those being complete dicks, also please attempt to be less so, and report people who break rules.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

WWJD?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

gas threads, banish op

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
Well, that thread is terrible now. I want to poo poo all over the particular individuals making it terrible but this ain't GBS.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

rcman50166 posted:

Well, that thread is terrible now. I want to poo poo all over the particular individuals making it terrible but this ain't GBS.

bitter?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

rcman50166 posted:

The terribleness of a thread is easily avoided by not loving reading it.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
I'm trying to get better at understanding and producing photography. Why would you recommend something that would clearly inhibit that?

lol I don't even need to say anything to you. Your rap sheet speaks for itself.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

rcman50166 posted:

I'm trying to get better at understanding and producing photography. Why would you recommend something that would clearly inhibit that?

lol I don't even need to say anything to you. Your rap sheet speaks for itself.

My photography is solely dependent on my rap-sheet. You caught me.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
You are a bad poster.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

rcman50166 posted:

You aren't going to understand or produce anything better by running off to the rules thread or mashing the report button.

Have you ever posted on Ugly Hedgehog? A much more appropriate place for your posting.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
No, I am going to get better by observing better photographers than I.

I came here because that thread became less about photography than sick nasty burnz.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

God forbid you actually have to participate in something without calling in mommy and daddy.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
hahaha. You really suck at trolling. Just post photos. You are a good photographer. Take advantage of that.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

rcman50166 posted:

Just post photos.

You should do more of this and less posting. Dont give advice you yourself wont take.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
:snoop:

Musket fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 27, 2014

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
I haven't gotten my mod challenge reward. I would have liked to keep it over PM but it's getting ridiculous at this point. I've been waiting since the 3rd of April.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I just looked at the thread and I couldn't find any post where he declared your (now deleted) picture "bitchin'" so idgi.

e.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

rcman50166 posted:

I haven't gotten my mod challenge reward. I would have liked to keep it over PM but it's getting ridiculous at this point. I've been waiting since the 3rd of April.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

rcman50166 posted:

I'm beginning to think my policy of "after one solid week of not hearing about this poo poo" may result in lengthly delays.

e: Also jesus christ you got a hilarious two-part frontpage article about you, just accept how funny it was and register a new account or something.

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 16, 2014

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

I'm beginning to think my policy of "after one solid week of not hearing about this poo poo" may result in lengthly delays.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

SoundMonkey posted:

e: Also jesus christ you got a hilarious two-part frontpage article about you, just accept how funny it was and register a new account or something.

Seriously though, just do what you promised to do. You straight up ignored my last message.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

rcman50166 posted:

Seriously though, just do what you promised to do. You straight up ignored my last message.

Looks like someone didn't get his daily recommended intake of chain.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

rcman50166 posted:

God drat.

I wish I wasn't slammed at work. I would sit here for 8 hours and crank out more photoshop of your rear end.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

rcman50166 posted:

shut the gently caress up

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
Let's poo poo up the rule thread some more. That ended well last time. I just wanted to let Soundmonkey know that I am still waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

Let he who lives in a poo poo house throw the first poo poo.