Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Yeah, I noticed the rear spotter seemed more concerned with getting some nice footage from the inside lane than actually getting in the lane behind the truck and doing his goddamn job.

I think the rear spotter is in the inside lane to block some jackass from passing the truck in a tight turn or bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Hollismason posted:

So basically for the last 6 years are so we've watched the slow onset of Dale Gribbleia. This is usually when it really starts is at that age. There are warning signs before though. So yeah Dale Gribble, I would say. Calling it now.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn't blame the sales rep too much, a lot of phone banks have really lovely cancellation policies. A lot of places listen to any call where a cancellation is made and if the sales rep didn't use enough buzzwords to try and keep the customer they can get fired. Some places only allow you a set amount of cancellations before you get fired, I can't fault him for trying to keep his job in this economy.

This can work out in your favor though. You can randomly call up your cable/internet provider and ask to cancel, a lot of the sales reps will jump through hoops to keep you, AT&T especially. I got HBO and Showtime free for 6 months for calling to cancel.

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....
I've worked in those retention queues. I was horrible at it because I am in possession of a human heart. The sad thing here is that the rep in question is actually REALLY good at his job, I bet he gets straight 5 out of 5s on his report cards and is on the management track, because he can browbeat your mom into not-cancelling every single time he gets them.

Race to the bottom... only the numbers matter, and a sociopath can go VERY far in that environment.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.

Back To 99 posted:

This guy is having the worst phonecall of his life. I'm not sure if we're all suffering on this one.

https://soundcloud.com/ryan-block-10/comcastic-service

Holy poo poo that rep has bought in whole-hog. I think he's taking this personally, like a breakup.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

mr. stefan posted:

You get good at drop kicks really fast if the kickee is bam margera.

Valid.

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

Hollismason posted:

So basically for the last 6 years are so we've watched the slow onset of Schizophrenia. This is usually when it really starts is at that age. There are warning signs before though. So yeah Schizophrenic , I would say. Calling it now.

Yeah this has mental illness written all over it. Too bad.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Ehud posted:

What's wrong with LA Beast? He's one of the good guys...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6LXNzmL2to

This is why I love LA Beast. He uses his powers for GOOD.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Trivia posted:

Holy poo poo that rep has bought in whole-hog. I think he's taking this personally, like a breakup.

I haven't listened to it yet, but in January I had a Time Warner rep try and get me to not cancel through a really sappy voicemail where he pretty much seemed like I was breaking up with him. Left his personal cell and everything.

Couldn't exactly renew anyways, considering I was moving out back to my dad's place :v:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Powered Descent posted:

That reminds me of this (absolutely infuriating) oldie-but-goodie -- Verizon Can't Do Math.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANDk0SWzplo

Apparently they also have problems figuring out how to use a calendar.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

sforzacio posted:

This is why I love LA Beast. He uses his powers for GOOD.

Exactly. I don't really respect the guy for what he does nor think I would like him in real life, but there's no denying that he seems like a genuine good guy.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I see these things, and I see the discussions, and yet I still cannot comprehend what the gently caress they were thinking.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009
...and we're back. Good gifs.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Ofaloaf posted:

I see these things, and I see the discussions, and yet I still cannot comprehend what the gently caress they were thinking.

Alcohol.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Is it just artifacting, or does the trap phase through his arm?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

I literally do not understand how they could expect any other outcome.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

When the laws of physics are conspiring to stop you having any more to drink.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

This guy just tried the dumb crossfit thing that people gently caress up all the time. But onto a smooth marble countertop.

Wearing socks.

hey guys what's friction??? :downs:

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Biscuit Joiner posted:

Holy poo poo. Stupid loving people.

I had a mildly assy day and that made it so much better. Thank you.

Edit: Also, this guy

is probably dead. Silly bastard.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Was I just watching snuff gifs?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The schadenfreude is: They will all have horrible joint problems in a few years ;)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Possibly some of those people are dead or paralyzed from the neck down.

Bear trap guy got away with a broken arm and severe lacerations at most though. Which is kinda sad since it's probably the dumbest, the only other possible outcome of that was "bear trap is faulty and does not trigger; nothing happens".

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I haven't listened to it yet, but in January I had a Time Warner rep try and get me to not cancel through a really sappy voicemail where he pretty much seemed like I was breaking up with him. Left his personal cell and everything.

Couldn't exactly renew anyways, considering I was moving out back to my dad's place :v:

When I cancelled my AT&T internet, the guy went through the motions of trying to get me to switch to a cheaper plan...until I told him I was switching to Google Fiber, and it's free (for seven years after a $300 installation fee) and he just gave up.

Benign pet pranks.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

When I cancelled my AT&T internet, the guy went through the motions of trying to get me to switch to a cheaper plan...until I told him I was switching to Google Fiber, and it's free (for seven years after a $300 installation fee) and he just gave up.

Benign pet pranks.

Hahaha God I'm going to have to do the tennis ball one to my lab shepherd. He'd go bananas.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

I can't tell if that's a toothed trap. If so they're pretty much banned in every state for being inhumane.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The cinder blocks falling on his head is the cherry on top.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here's a video of the bear trap guy. There's no blood or anything so it's not that bad but there's literally a room fuul of people screaming at him and begging him not to do it for several minutes before he does it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpAvycIQwnY

It's a stunt for a radio show or something.

Edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover%27s_Morning_Glory#Dare_Dieter

quote:

Dieter began work on the show as a phone-screener. When a full-time on-air position became available, he volunteered to start a segment called Dare Dieter, in which he would do any stunt or dare submitted by listeners every Friday. Dieter said if he ever turned down a dare he would go back to phone-screening, a promise that was often held over his head during the segment by listeners. The feature was ended by Rover and CBS Radio management after Dieter suffered a serious injury and temporary paralysis during a stunt involving a barrel roll on July 13, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 06:18 on Jul 16, 2014

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Just Offscreen posted:

I literally do not understand how they could expect any other outcome.
Looking it up, the guy does Jackass-style stunts for some scuzzy radio show and has hurt himself plenty of times in stupid ways. E:f,b.

In the video, notice that no one actually tries to take the trap away or actually stop him with minutes of opportunity. They just hang back and provide plenty of drama for the radio audience.

Rebel Blob has a new favorite as of 06:26 on Jul 16, 2014

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's a video of the bear trap guy. There's no blood or anything so it's not that bad but there's literally a room fuul of people screaming at him and begging him not to do it for several minutes before he does it.

Edit:

Yep, a radio show. He was live on a non-visual medium. Good job, you stupid gently caress.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Back To 99 posted:

This guy is having the worst phonecall of his life. I'm not sure if we're all suffering on this one.

https://soundcloud.com/ryan-block-10/comcastic-service

Holy poo poo, that guy sounds like the pyramid scheme vitamin guy from Longmont Potion Castle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj4JTSKH1DA

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit:

Wow, from the link it looks like this wasn't even the stupidest thing he'd ever done. He got (temporarily) paralysed from doing a 'barrel roll'.

Content:

Sywert of Thieves has a new favorite as of 08:20 on Jul 16, 2014

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

This is one of the few genuine fatalities in the thread. :(

Extremely dumb, but sad – kid died doing a dumb stunt off the side of a train while on the way to buy stuff for his sister's wedding.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/mumbai-performing-stunt-on-train-kills-14yearboy/414201-3-237.html

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Merijn posted:

Wow, from the link it looks like this wasn't even the stupidest thing he'd ever done. He got (temporarily) paralysed from doing a 'barrel roll'.

Content:

That's literally a child dying dude.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Shugojin posted:

This guy just tried the dumb crossfit thing that people gently caress up all the time. But onto a smooth marble countertop.

Wearing socks.

hey guys what's friction??? :downs:

Reminds me one of those cat jumping videos where they don't account for friction either:

In their defense, they're stupid kittens. And that guy would've probably fallen on his rear end anyway - he seems to have failed to bring his body sufficiently far ahead

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Beartaco posted:

That's literally a child dying dude.

Aw, that's sad. :(

Quint Gets Eaten
Apr 23, 2014

Alain Perdrix posted:

This is one of the few genuine fatalities in the thread. :(

Extremely dumb, but sad – kid died doing a dumb stunt off the side of a train while on the way to buy stuff for his sister's wedding.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/mumbai-performing-stunt-on-train-kills-14yearboy/414201-3-237.html

The comments on this article are horrifying. Yeah, the kid was exercising extremely poor judgment and we don't know what the hell possessed him to do that, but the amount of people reveling in the death of a child is kind of unsettling. I guess I'm naive for expecting the comments to be more along the lines of "Poor kid, what the gently caress was he thinking?"

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fuckin tard, natural selection at work.

That country seems so dangerous, everyone left alive must be genetic supermen. Extremely fit to survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Quint Gets Eaten posted:

The comments on this article are horrifying. Yeah, the kid was exercising extremely poor judgment and we don't know what the hell possessed him to do that, but the amount of people reveling in the death of a child is kind of unsettling. I guess I'm naive for expecting the comments to be more along the lines of "Poor kid, what the gently caress was he thinking?"

Fauxtool posted:

fuckin tard, natural selection at work.

heh, that's great

The post combo, not the kid getting killed.

• Locked thread