Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Okay that's loving scary man... Don't eat that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

icehewk posted:

Been aging this according to Ruhlman. It had some maggots on it near the bone but I cut all of that out as you can see. Is it all right?

You could sell that in Portland as some new hipster meat.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Why didn't you eat that person's leg when you killed them why did you wait 6 months idgi

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Please post a picture of the whole thing just so we can be sure it's not a drifter's leg ok thanks.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Why is this goon allowed to murder/dismember corpses yikes

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

And then do a poor job of curing them.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

African AIDS cum posted:

They're not even a moderator :iiam:

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Hey, cool, a charcuterie thread!

A bit over a month ago, I purchased a whole pig, and broke the whole drat thing down in my kitchen. We've made 2 batches of bacon, 2 guanciale, a prosciutto (the other one spoiled, though it still looked a hell of a lot better than that abomination ^^) + 2 coppas so far. Haven't gotten into the sausage-making yet...

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

icehewk posted:

Been aging this according to Ruhlman. It had some maggots on it near the bone but I cut all of that out as you can see. Is it all right?

you should definitely eat it, just shove that 20 pounds of rotting corpse into your gaping maw and exit this gay earth in a haze of poisonous gustatory ecstacy

gently caress it

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

icehewk posted:

Jesus loving christ.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Is that a human limb? WHAT DID YOU DO?

My neighbor actually picked it up for me. He has a butcher friend that gives him cuts for cost since they go way back. It was dehocked when I got it, but those are easy to get anyway.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

icehewk posted:

My neighbor actually picked it up for me. He has a butcher friend that gives him cuts for cost since they go way back. It was dehocked when I got it, but those are easy to get anyway.

You didn't answer the question. Is that a cow's leg or a man's leg?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

icehewk posted:

"butcher friend"

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Now post some back bacon with a tramp stamp.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

EngineerJoe posted:

I'm in awe that someone can see maggots on a piece of meat and think "it's still good!". This isn't casu marzu we're talking about here.

You rang?

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Breadallelogram posted:

"butcher friend"

Wait, is the leg the butcher friend or was it sourced by the "butcher friend" (read: local ruthless bookie)?

holttho
May 21, 2007

Bookies only provide shanks. Not hams. If you die, its hard to pay up.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Ooh, I love thigh recipes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgkVzYe7p_A

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 16, 2014

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

icehewk posted:

there is a 100% chance that it was at one point attached to a human being

what I'm saying here is that you need to eat it, don't let whatever hitchhiker your neighbor dismembered have died in vain.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

I think your first clue should have been the fact that it seems to still have a sock on the end of it.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

cock hero flux posted:

I think your first clue should have been the fact that it seems to still have a sock on the end of it.

Sock and a shoe. Was just talking about this on irc

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

goodness posted:

Really though, is that a human leg.

is this the first goon serial killer?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rambling Robot posted:

is this the first goon serial killer?

statistically unlikely

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Guys, I'm not sure how deep this rabbit hole goes:

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

EngineerJoe posted:

Guys, I'm not sure how deep this rabbit hole goes:

This is getting interesting.

Meanwhile, he destroys the evidence.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Subjunctive posted:

statistically unlikely
Nah. Serial killers occur in the population with rates on the order of one per ten million (in the US, lower elsewhere), and SA has less that 200k members.

So probably just a boring ol' regular murderer.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Subjunctive posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Goons With Spoons > Charcuterie: it had some maggots on it near the bone but I cut all of that out

I keep laughing at this... It's too much.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Musket posted:

You could sell that in Portland as some new hipster meat.

Nah it's about 6 inches short of qualifying as hipster meat.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SubG posted:

Nah. Serial killers occur in the population with rates on the order of one per ten million (in the US, lower elsewhere), and SA has less that 200k members.

So probably just a boring ol' regular murderer.

I reject your premise that this population fits the normal distribution. Among our *mods* we must be 1:100 at least.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Put that leg in your vage to make it tender.

Xarb
Nov 26, 2000

Not happy.
Speaking of green mould, when I first tried to make duck breast prosciutto I had it hanging in my spare fridge at around 15C (or whatever was the recommended temp) . After I forgot to check it for a few days it had green mould so I threw it out.

I want to try it again, what should I do differently this time? I will check it everyday but what are the signs I should look for for dealing with mould and what should I do to if I see mould forming?

regularizer
Mar 5, 2012

icehewk posted:

ANSWER THE QUESTION

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Pigs don't have knees.

holttho
May 21, 2007

Xarb posted:

Speaking of green mould, when I first tried to make duck breast prosciutto I had it hanging in my spare fridge at around 15C (or whatever was the recommended temp) . After I forgot to check it for a few days it had green mould so I threw it out.

I want to try it again, what should I do differently this time? I will check it everyday but what are the signs I should look for for dealing with mould and what should I do to if I see mould forming?

When you are unsure about safety with this sort of stuff, take the salt levels given in the recipe as a minimum. Then go up from there. If you over salt something, it is just that: overly salty. If you undersalt something, well, we have just seen what happens. Over salt can be fixed as well.

Also keep an eye on humidity, most curing takes place at something like 65%. Check it every day (or every other, that's just fine), and if you see any white mold, just get a paper towel, soak it in a 20% brine solution, and firmly wipe off the mold. Green mold you can cut it off if it has only been a day or so. Then wipe down with the above solution. It will be just fine if you don't let it get roots. Any longer than a day or so and things go poorly. Black mold = you lost.

Small amounts of mold are almost inevitable. We are literally surrounded by billions and billions of mold and yeast bodies at all times. Just don't let them call the shots.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

I reject your premise that this population fits the normal distribution. Among our *mods* we must be 1:100 at least.
That's rape, not serial murder.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
I know nothing about charcuterie or wish to try making any after seeing that drifter's rotting leg. Holy hell that's nasty.

SubG posted:

That's rape, not serial murder.

It's probably more than 1:10 for the mods seeing as we've had a sex offender who molested children as a mod for a while.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

It's probably more than 1:10 for the mods seeing as we've had a sex offender who molested children as a mod for a while.
That is the joke, yes.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Wait, what?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Huge_Midget posted:

Wait, what?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2472

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holttho
May 21, 2007

Unrepentant sex offender is more accurate.

"yea, I got caught jaywalking"
"yea, I got caught diddlin"

-Two things not normally said with the same affect.

• Locked thread