Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Really great show today. Bobby and Vos killed, Gervais was great, and Pete Rose ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

shyduck posted:

Pete Rose rules

pete rose is a kobra kai teacher . Be aggressive and WIN

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
There are still people ITT that think Fez is a shoot

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

There are still people ITT that think Fez is a shoot
If Zero Fez is a work, it's the most annoying work ever conceived in history.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ransom posted:

Vos and Bobby in today. Vos is already on fire.

just wanted to reiterate this

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Ransom posted:

Vos and Bobby in today. Vos is already on fire.

Left him in the oven too long...

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Show of the year.

http://instagram.com/p/qeXnhbO66H/

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
TEN MORE YEARS! TEN MORE YEARS! TEN MORE YEARS!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Today was pretty much a grand slam of a show and the most I've laughed since the Lady Di internship, maybe its because I was expecting more of the Ant memorial hour but if they can pump a show like this out every two or three weeks and maintain a decent show consistently inbetween I'm all in with The Opster.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Today's show was amazing, Anthony who?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

SEE, THIS IS PROOF EVERYBODY HATES ANTHONY AND THEYRE GONNA RE-SIGN IN OCTOBER /twitter voice

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
drat, I can't believe Vos is almost 60, dried up soccer player hahaha.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
As much as I think Anthony is funny, my favorite shows were always either the crazy Lady Di/bobo etc shows, or the shows where comedians were in loving around. Whenever he'd be out and Opie would bring in people like he did today, I wouldn't really notice him being gone. I'm going to try to watch his new show, but if its more like LFTC and less like O&A, I will not be sticking around. I have a feeling he's going to focus on all the things I didn't like about O&A.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I was never huge fans of Bobo and Di. I mean they had great moments and in small doses were hilarious, but some of the stuff got run into the ground. But I love shows like today where it's just a bunch of funny people shooting the poo poo. Still think Opie and Jim by themselves will be bad, but if they can bring in a weekly guest that is funny, the show can hold its own.

Anthony's show will likely be terrible but the first week or so might be great if he just shits all over Sirius and throws out some dirt from behind the scenes.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I want Ant to give us the dirt about Ben Sparks' firing. I know it's because he spit on that Stern fan, but there has to be more to it because he turned on O&A too.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Niwrad posted:

Anthony's show will likely be terrible but the first week or so might be great if he just shits all over Sirius and throws out some dirt from behind the scenes.

If there is a chance that Anthony could resign with the company down the road I'm not sure how much poo poo he'll talk about. An unfiltered Anthony will likely say even more racist and violent things though so he's probably going to figuratively and literally shoot himself in the foot anyway.

Also Opie & Jimmy are still taking the show to Montreal next week so that's another few days of comics filling in on the show.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

CrashCat posted:

If Zero Fez is a work, it's the most annoying work ever conceived in history.
The logistics of it being a bit are so loving whacked out that I don't understand why people still think it's a bit.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bubba Smith posted:

Also Opie & Jimmy are still taking the show to Montreal next week so that's another few days of comics filling in on the show.

loved Jimmie' disdain with their email for that event.

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."
The Bobby, Vos and Ricky segment was loving great. Made up for Ricky's disappointingly boring appearance the last time he did the show.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Haha, Opie had a pretty quick line today that no one even acknowledged, when Vos was talking about finding furniture out by the dumpster

Opie: That's the kind of thing you're supposed to do in college.
Vos: I didn't go to college.
Opie: Obviously.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Kevyn posted:

Haha, Opie had a pretty quick line today that no one even acknowledged, when Vos was talking about finding furniture out by the dumpster

Opie: That's the kind of thing you're supposed to do in college.
Vos: I didn't go to college.
Opie: Obviously.

I am not understanding the constant Opie..love. Has it shifted 180 and he's actually pretty good or are you guys just desperate in the hopes that the show is good enough to be resigned.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Today's show was pretty great.

Meanwhile, in Anthony land, he still has not shut the gently caress up about the woman in Times Square.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

ChristianDB posted:

I am not understanding the constant Opie..love. Has it shifted 180 and he's actually pretty good or are you guys just desperate in the hopes that the show is good enough to be resigned.

Opie always seems to have a good show with Bobby in. Overall today's show was great.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ChristianDB posted:

They invited everyone and had a great show today because everyone was there. Unfortunately they can't have everyone there every day so this can only rarely happen. And yes, once in a while even Opie gets in a quip that doesn't suck.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I'm a little behind on Ron and Fez, but that phone call from Shelby's Dad with Shelby commenting in the background was so god drat funny.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

How Much Art posted:

I'm a little behind on Ron and Fez, but that phone call from Shelby's Dad with Shelby commenting in the background was so god drat funny.

If you haven't seen the photo yet, prepare your lungs for laughter:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

ChristianDB posted:

The show is usually good when there are 2 or more funny people in the room. It's why it typically had a huge dropoff when Ant or Jim wasn't around. And the best were when guys like Patrice, Louis CK, and so on were in studio.

I don't think there is a lot of Opie love (although a couple people here seem to like him more) here. He has his moments from time to time but struggles to keep up with real comedians. The show was great today because the guests are good and understand how the show works.

iceaim
May 20, 2001

T Bowl posted:

I will be right. Sorry whoever disagrees.

You're just an SJW with an ax to grind. Also you're arrogant as all gently caress, making you no better than Anthony except that Anthony is funny and you're not.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

iceaim posted:

You're just an SJW with an ax to grind. Also you're arrogant as all gently caress, making you no better than Anthony except that Anthony is funny and you're not.

What the gently caress are you talking about? If this is serious then you are a moron, if not a poo poo troll.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Vos telling Pete Rose, "So you're good with numbers; where'd that get you?" made me laugh really hard. Vos rules. That whole show ruled.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Holy poo poo, Denny is smashing Opie with his past.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Opie's not the witty joke guy, alot of his stuff falls flat or he'll just talk about the dumb 2 or 3 stories over and over so people tend to forget he's actually a pretty good idea guy as far as coming up with ideas and content for the show. Seriously as much as I love Ant he's probably the more easily replaced part of the show.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tr33 posted:

Opie's not the witty joke guy, alot of his stuff falls flat or he'll just talk about the dumb 2 or 3 stories over and over so people tend to forget he's actually a pretty good idea guy as far as coming up with ideas and content for the show. Seriously as much as I love Ant he's probably the more easily replaced part of the show.

It's easy to overlook, but a guy with professional radio-show skills is a huge asset. Just managing the flow of conversations and commercials and so forth is harder than it seems. Opie's been on the radio a lot longer than Anthony, hasn't he?

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
yeah I think the Opster has something like 7 to 8 years on Ant as far as radio experience goes, alot of it being on the more technical end of the business.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So I've liked this whatever-it-is so far.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Call Me Charlie posted:

Holy poo poo, Denny is smashing Opie with his past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsdexwdImnk

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Opie's been doing radio since he was 18 (or 16, depending on the story he tells). He already had jobs in Buffalo and Rochester long before he had the Long Island show and met Ant.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

End of Life Guy posted:

Vos telling Pete Rose, "So you're good with numbers; where'd that get you?" made me laugh really hard. Vos rules. That whole show ruled.

As dumb as Vos can be he can drop some huge loving burns when he gets going. He gets ruthless when people try to dogpile on him and it's hilarious.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Tr33 posted:

yeah I think the Opster has something like 7 to 8 years on Ant as far as radio experience goes, alot of it being on the more technical end of the business.

Yeah, i heard that before Ant he was totally demented and could not be prevented.

He was also on WBAB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

cochise posted:

As dumb as Vos can be he can drop some huge loving burns when he gets going. He gets ruthless when people try to dogpile on him and it's hilarious.

Yeah like when yesterday he walked in and sat down in Ant's chair and said how he never liked him anyway, that was great. I didn't enjoy Monday's show because they were clearly down but yesterday was awesome and today has been pretty good too.

• Locked thread