Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

theflyingorc posted:

You made me mad. I am mad at your right now.

Have you seen any of his post AD work? He's mostly done awful, awful fox sitcoms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Opopanax posted:

Have you seen any of his post AD work? He's mostly done awful, awful fox sitcoms.

He's probably not a very good leading man - his bit parts on 30 Rock were consistently good.

And he seemed fine enough on Running Wilde, even if the show wasn't too great.

Basically, I think he's a cool guy getting bad scripts.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

Sadly, I agree with you, Opo (and Aphrodite).

Running Wilde - Bleh
Up All Night - Miscast, and the show was also never really funny
The Millers - Nope

I liked him guesting on 30 Rock, but those were far and few between. Voicing Lego Batman is probably the best thing he's done since AD.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His 30 Rock character was just gay Gob anyway.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Well if there was any doubt before that Tony is at least partly responsible for Ultron...seems pretty clear that's one of his suits.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The only thing I don't like, and I know it's a dumb, silly complaint, is there's no way MCU Tony Stark names something Ultron.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Maybe it's the same of some rogue AI or something?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

The only thing I don't like, and I know it's a dumb, silly complaint, is there's no way MCU Tony Stark names something Ultron.

I'm guessing it'll be U.L.T.R.O.N., just like J.A.R.V.I.S.

e: Utility Learning Task Robot for... Overwhelming Neutralization

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 16, 2014

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Aphrodite posted:

His 30 Rock character was just gay Gob anyway.

Ah, my track team nick-name.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe the kid sidekick from IM 3 names it.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

feedmyleg posted:

I'm guessing it'll be U.L.T.R.O.N., just like J.A.R.V.I.S.

e: Utility Learning Task Robot for... Overwhelming Neutralization

ULTimate Remote Operation Network.
Unmanned Light-Tactical Robotic Ordnance Network.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Maybe he names himself?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Stark Industries runs a contest to allow school children to name Tony's next AI.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I really hate the stupid one liners ET puts on their covers. It was hokey for the Mad Max cover and this is just awful.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

I really hate the stupid one liners ET puts on their covers. It was hokey for the Mad Max cover and this is just awful.

What one liner?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What's Arkham Manor?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
The Ultron-bot on the far right with a line saying "Domo Arigato"

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

What's Arkham Manor?
New comic that's coming out--Arkham inmates are moved into Stately Wayne Manor.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

The Ultron-bot on the far right with a line saying "Domo Arigato"

Ah, I didn't see that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's pretty funny that the writer of that article thinks a DC teen hero book is going to be less bleak than Batman.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

mind the walrus posted:

Or you know, you run with the whole African mask thing from a later scene and just put it in earlier in the movie that Norman's a weirdo who likes scary faces a little too much.

I'd forgotten about that. That's even better. Just make more tribal looking and have it be something he pulls off his wall.

edit: How are they doing Ultron without Hank Pym? Just substituting Stark as the creator?

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 16, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not shown, how Tony is hovering several inches off the ground to make him the same height as Cap.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

I'd forgotten about that. That's even better. Just make more tribal looking and have it be something he pulls off his wall.

edit: How are they doing Ultron without Hank Pym? Just substituting Stark as the creator?
Seems like it.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

This just in, Hawkeye doesn't know how to use chairs:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I hope they Hawkguy up Hawkeye this go 'round.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be a coaster, shall protect the coffee table from condensation

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

A Tin Of Beans posted:

This just in, Hawkeye doesn't know how to use chairs:

Hawkeye is the Riker of the group.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Also, looks like he wears the sleeveless version of his costume for at least a bit? The other pictures I'm seeing have him in the long sleeved coat version, and I like the sleeveless better.

Either way. Hawkguy or bust. :colbert:

Scarlet Witch's outfit is nothing we haven't seen before but it's kinda boring and I'm really waiting on a proper costume reveal. Unless her and Quicksilver are going to be plainclothes the whole time, I guess ...?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Also, looks like he wears the sleeveless version of his costume for at least a bit? The other pictures I'm seeing have him in the long sleeved coat version, and I like the sleeveless better.

Nah, he looks like a Vest Dork in that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sumo posted:

Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be a coaster, shall protect the coffee table from condensation

That is one hell of a strong coffee table.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Scarlet Witch's outfit is nothing we haven't seen before but it's kinda boring and I'm really waiting on a proper costume reveal. Unless her and Quicksilver are going to be plainclothes the whole time, I guess ...?

I dunno what it'll end up being but I think this guy's design is pretty decent.

I mean, it's a low bar because SW has a legendarily stupid looking costume.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really hope when the twins get made official avengers they get real outfits.

Also Rhodey is there which is good, maybe he'll have a date. A blond pilot/CIA agent date.

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Considering we know from the cap 2 stinger that they start as prisoners, and from comic history that they start as villains, I would bet they are in plain clothes and not official avengers until the final battle scene if that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Coffee table for new Thor confirmed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Andy Serkis is supposed to be playing some last minute addition. They originally just hired his mocap studio to help Ruffalo work on his Hulk but he ended up in the movie somehow.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

zoux posted:

That is one hell of a strong coffee table.

Nah, it's just worthy.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

If you can't pick up the hammer unless you're worthy, what happens if you try to move the coffee table?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

muscles like this? posted:

Andy Serkis is supposed to be playing some last minute addition. They originally just hired his mocap studio to help Ruffalo work on his Hulk but he ended up in the movie somehow.

Gollum confirmed to be in the Avengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sumo posted:

If you can't pick up the hammer unless you're worthy, what happens if you try to move the coffee table?

It's magic. The magic knows what you're trying to do.

• Locked thread