Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Really? I heard Al Jazeera was good but Al Jazeera America got dumbed down or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Peta posted:

Really? I heard Al Jazeera was good but Al Jazeera America got dumbed down or something

That's a tried meme that was yelled from the mountain tops because U.S. getting ALJA meant that they arbitrarily cut U.S. off from ALJE (which I still protest, but you can get around it really easily).

I was angry at first too, but ALJA isn't bad/dumbed down at all and it's nice to see an American-focused news station actually discussing news.

Antwan3K
Mar 8, 2013

Peta posted:

if anything the Arabic one is the more scrutinized one due to having much more viewers and thus being more interesting for Qatar to influence

e: didn't know there were English-language ones

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Their Qatari coverage is poo poo. :catbert:

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

nutranurse posted:

That's a tried meme that was yelled from the mountain tops because U.S. getting ALJA meant that they arbitrarily cut U.S. off from ALJE (which I still protest, but you can get around it really easily).

I was angry at first too, but ALJA isn't bad/dumbed down at all and it's nice to see an American-focused news station actually discussing news.

Exactly, and their local bureaus are awesome. I remember watching one afternoon and hearing some really insidery type analysis of the local big industry in town and was blown away at not only how good it was, but that they had gotten it before anyone else. Great stuff.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

zoux posted:

Their Qatari coverage is poo poo. :catbert:
Haha, yes.

Chomsky's a great linguist, but...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yo what's up with the IP thread title?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

zoux posted:

Several children got killed while playing on a beach in Gaza by the IDF, and journalists on hand reported they were running for cover after the first shots took out a "Hamas beach shack," and shortly after a second salvo caught them.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 16, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fuckin Israel, man.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

zoux posted:

Quote from an NYT article regarding Palestinian children dying in an Israeli attack. Though to be fair, the quote goes further with the speaker speculating that the IDF might have assumed those running away were militants. He then says that he finds that assumption unlikely, because he assumes that the IDF's recon and surveillance equipment would be sophisticated enough to show that those were likely children.

Article

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Given that Israel is an apartheid those kids would probably have become militants at some point! :suicide:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
a "hamas beach shack"? militant boogie board rentals, maybe?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

a "hamas beach shack"? militant boogie board rentals, maybe?

Now that's radical Islam.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Secret Islamic slushie machine.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm gettin bummed drivin down the Gaza strip
I gotta find a new place where my children don't get burned alive by white phosporous.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

👍

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Bakr's Surf and Schawarma is a hi-priority target. we have evidence that it is training youth to catch extreme curl and hang loose.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I hope I am not too late to contribute to religious hat chat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djSp1NVsTrI

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

zoux posted:

:lol:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

post of the day right there.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Last year I posted this article about the 49 year old, unemployed former pizza delivery man who lived with his mom who was of course running as the Libertarian candidate in the city's mayoral election
http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/libertarian_candidate_calls_for_more_guns/

Well I'm reading an article today about a federal grant aimed at improving bus service in the city, when I though the man in the leadoff picture looked familiar

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/950k_federal_grant_looks_to_boost_buses/#cmt

Of course the Libertarian who is unemployed and lives at home also uses the buses and isn't happy about their service.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Amused to Death posted:

Last year I posted this article about the 49 year old, unemployed former pizza delivery man who lived with his mom who was of course running as the Libertarian candidate in the city's mayoral election
http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/libertarian_candidate_calls_for_more_guns/

I would guess that it's his mother who lives with him, but no true captain of industry would suffer such a charitable cause.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

How shoood I poot it?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...ontent=20140714

quote:

Marxist philosopher Slavoj Žižek — who is one of the world's most prominent living public intellectuals — has been accused of plagiarizing from the white separatist magazine American Renaissance. (The magazine calls itself a "race realist" publication, while the Southern Poverty Law Center calls it a hub for "proponents of eugenics and blatant anti-black racists.")

quote:

In a statement emailed to NPR, Žižek wrote that he had been sent the words by a friend who said he was free to use them and that he did not realize the friend had in turn borrowed words from Hornbeck. Žižek added, "As any reader can quickly establish, the problematic passages are purely informative, a report on another's theory for which I have no affinity whatsoever; all I do after this brief resume is quickly dismiss Macdonald's theory as a new chapter in the long process of the destruction of Reason. In no way can I thus be accused of plagiarizing another's line of thought, of 'stealing ideas.' I nonetheless deeply regret the incident."

NPR asked Žižek whether he considered it acceptable to borrow, even with permission, the words of a friend without citing the source. Žižek responded: "My friend not only agreed, he wrote those words for my use! Plus they are a resume of a book, not any creative development of ideas. So I really don't see a problem here."

And so on... Thank you very much.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Chris hedges and now slavoj zizek. Deriously radleft it would be cool if you started citing sources.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"Your words, ideas and young bodies are only here for me to use."

Cercadelmar
Jan 4, 2014
I keep getting the same ad for ChristianMingle over and over again. Is this a sign?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A sign from the Lord that he wants you to bone.

I mean, are you willing to take the risk that it is not?

Cercadelmar
Jan 4, 2014

paragon1 posted:

A sign from the Lord that he wants you to bone.

I mean, are you willing to take the risk that it is not?

I'm willing to accept The Lord into my sex life.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
How do you "leave some room for Jesus" while you're banging?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Cercadelmar posted:

I'm willing to accept The Lord into my sex life.

That makes it sound like the name of a really boss dildo or something.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Tony Jowns posted:

"The only couple I'll have a threesome with are my wife and Jesus!"

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
This discussion caused me to google this

https://www.google.com/search?q=fanfic+sex+with+jesus

and I'm still browsing (I have a spare 5 minutes here). I think "Hot Jesus/Muhammad SEX FICTION." is my favorite troll so far.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
lol
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130911232434AAhKI5d

don't know if the question or the selected best answer is better.

Cercadelmar
Jan 4, 2014
Now imagine this as a pool, I’m going to dive into this head first and probably get flamed for what I’m about to say. But Most people of any Branch of the Christian faith aren’t anymore Christian then Adolph Hitler himself was, Christian stands for Christ Like which means acting as Jesus Christ would act. Jesus Christ accepted everyone and helped everyone, Christian does not mean follow the guidebook that was written, re-written, translated & Re-translated centuries after Jesus Christ died. His “Followers” basically turned their backs on his teachings, spreading hatred and bigotry simple as they saw fit. Jesus Christ Wouldn’t like most so called Christians, as I don’t like most So called Christians. You shouldn’t need to label yourself Christian, it should be within your actions to act Christ Like. It should be clear without ever saying a word, people should see it without having to see you at a church. As the saying goes “Going to church makes you no more Christian, then going to a garage makes you a mechanic”.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
the Worst crime in that copy+paste is The seemingly Random capitalization. worse Than Hitler.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
"Adolph Hitler himself"

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Great new username.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Mauser posted:

Public school is probably the most depressing subject you could possibly discuss with people

*argument to remove funding from schools goes here*
"Buuut... you sent all eight of your daughters to public school????????_?????????"

:negative:

The response would be either:

"All of my kids already graduated, why should I care about other people?"

Or:

"I don't have any kids and don't want any, giving away those tax dollars does nothing for me, it's a waste of MY money."

Then people scratch their heads as to why the US educational system keeps plummeting.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Tony Jowns posted:

Just leave one of the holes open and you're good.

If you really want Jesus put your hands in the air and praise his name. Then he'll come help you give a sweet Eiffel Tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

ReidRansom posted:

That makes it sound like the name of a really boss dildo or something.

That's Jackhammer Jesus. (Or the Baby Jesus buttplug.)

http://divine-interventions.com/religioustoys.php

• Locked thread