Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Cab
Apr 23, 2003
More screenshots please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Not only are the graphics enhanced, but Advanced Warfare technology makes it possible to hold a pistol and riot shield simultaneously.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Are UAVs still OP or are they back now?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
"It's OP, very OP. So OP you wouldn't believe it."
Dustin Hoffman - "Marathon Pro Man"

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Spoon Man posted:

Not only are the graphics enhanced, but Advanced Warfare technology makes it possible to hold a pistol and riot shield simultaneously.

Apparently "attach file" is broken. Here it is:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
So more IW members have left to make their own studio because they wanna work on the oculus rift. Studio name? Reload Studios

No I'm not bullshitting.

Edit: Can't wait to see how Giant Rise compares to Titan Fall!

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jul 16, 2014

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
Soooooo...

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-noriega-activision-lawsuit-20140715-story.html

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Caroline Kennedy should totally sue for BO1 using a likeness of her dad!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

quote:

"Black Ops II" came under scrutiny when it was released because it also includes a character resembling former U.S. Gen. David Petraeus, who had just left his role as CIA director after revelations of his extramarital affair.

Still my second favorite part of the hilarious insanity that is Blops2's campaign.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm kinda sad I never played that campaign now.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Glen Schofield's 2nd favorite game of the past generation is Assassin's Creed 3 :stonk:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...PostPageIndex=7

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Javes posted:

Glen Schofield's 2nd favorite game of the past generation is Assassin's Creed 3 :stonk:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...PostPageIndex=7

One only guy in that list picked XCOM as one of their games and not one mentioned Dark Souls.

Gaming is dead :rip:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

1stGear posted:

Still my second favorite part of the hilarious insanity that is Blops2's campaign.

As someone who never made it past the first two stages of MW3/BLOPS 1, is out really any good?

Also, why would anybody give a gently caress about what Gameinformer had to say? They're nothing but a glorified shopping catalogue for GameStop.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 16, 2014

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mister Macys posted:

As someone who never made it past the first two stages of MW3/BLOPS 1, is out really any good?

You fight Soviet tanks on horseback.

One of the levels has you play as a rage-crazy axe murderer.

There is a slow-mo dubstep gunfight in a nightclub on Libertopia

They got Oliver North to shill for a game where the principle villain is a Nicaraguan who's family was killed by the Contras.

If you prefer the more serious and sober campaign style of Modern Warfare 1, you won't like Blops 2 but if you want to see what its like when a developer straight-up stops taking their game seriously, play Black Ops 2.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

1stGear posted:

They got Oliver North to shill for a game where the principle villain is a Nicaraguan who's family was killed by the Contras.
I knew irony was dead when they gave Kissinger the Nobel Peace Prize, but here I think they dug it back up and buggered the corpse.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

1stGear posted:

This has to be a loving joke :stare:

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Who better to consult?

No one ever mentions the first mission where you charge side by side with Jonas Savimbi. There's a pretty clear message in these setpieces.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

The Merry Marauder posted:

Who better to consult?

No one ever mentions the first mission where you charge side by side with Jonas Savimbi. There's a pretty clear message in these setpieces.

That mission was straight up amazing and I was sad when Savimbi wasn't in any other missions.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I dunno, BLOPS 2's campaign seemed tame and reserved when compared to Price surviving a helicopter crash, falling through glass, and lighting up a cigar after hanging the villain.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
What would you do after a helicopter crash???

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I feel like most people would die but Price walked it off :clint:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

SubponticatePoster posted:

I knew irony was dead when they gave Kissinger the Nobel Peace Prize, but here I think they dug it back up and buggered the corpse.

Not CoD-related: Hahahahahahahaghghghg *chokes on own blood*

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The singularity calling the kettle black. :growing::ironicat:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't consider anything in Black Ops 2's campaign as offensive as Ghosts and the fact that you literally patrolled a giant concrete wall that was there to stop the browns from getting in and destroying America.

Also the fact that America thought it was cool to put a giant loving railgun in space and when the Federation hijacks it, OH MY GOD WHAT A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE LOSS OF LIFE, but then when South America builds their giant gently caress off space gun and we hijack it and wipe tons of them out, gently caress yeah space America :911:

Black Ops 2 was fun in its insanity instead of retarded, is what I'm getting at.

God, I hate Ghosts.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Mister Macys posted:

The singularity calling the kettle black. :growing::ironicat:

I mean, technically, I-C was defunding a sponsor of terror....

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:laffo: I'll give you that. That was hilarious.

VJeff posted:

I don't consider anything in Black Ops 2's campaign as offensive as Ghosts and the fact that you literally patrolled a giant concrete wall that was there to stop the browns from getting in and destroying America.

Also the fact that America thought it was cool to put a giant loving railgun in space and when the Federation hijacks it, OH MY GOD WHAT A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE LOSS OF LIFE, but then when South America builds their giant gently caress off space gun and we hijack it and wipe tons of them out, gently caress yeah space America :911:

God, I hate Ghosts.

Still a distant second to the gold standard for offensive, badly designed campaigns. (25:05)

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 17, 2014

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Uhhh, Fred Durst is streaming COD on Twitch or something.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Uhhh, Fred Durst is streaming COD on Twitch or something.

The guy from Tremors and Remo Williams? :confused:

Which CoD?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

He was streaming Ghosts, but the stream is currently offline.

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait
I can only hope he was running a Chainsaw build.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mill Village posted:

He was streaming Ghosts, but the stream is currently offline.

There's a joke about how ghosts is bad in here somewhere.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fibby Boy posted:

There's a joke about how ghosts is bad in here somewhere.

Probably made him want to break stuff.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Probably made him want to break stuff.

Call Of Duty: Advance Warfare - Everything is hosed

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

JetpackJeezus posted:

I can only hope he was running a Chainsaw build.

What!? That thing will skin your rear end raw. Be careful, Fred!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Yeah, when I heard about that I just blinked a couple of times and went on with my day. Otherwise I'd end up in a rubber room.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Cross post from the Ghosts thread...

el B posted:

My friends dad works for Activision and he said they're bringing back Pro Perks.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pro perks own so I'm ok with that.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
As long as one of the Pro Perk requirements isn't dumb grindy bullshit like "Shoot 250 claymores using Sitrep", I don't mind this too much.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Having two tiered perks isn't that big a deal, since you'll get the pro version eventually.

The only thing that matters is just what level of bullshit the stealth perks will be ( gently caress you MW3 Assassin Pro! :argh: ).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Mister Macys posted:

The only thing that matters is just what level of bullshit the stealth perks will be ( gently caress you MW3 Assassin Pro! :argh: ).

Haven't they hinted at some kind of active camo? Maybe the pro tier for whatever stealth perk they have will have you just be literally invisible.

• Locked thread