Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

DDD's are getting every monster brandished in the anime so far so that could be fun. The thing they seem to dearly need though is an advantageous way to get rid of the covenants and a reliable way to get out the XYZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji6gC1S3Lus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Far as I know, DD Night Howling, DD Lilith and the Covenant Cards haven't even been confirmed for release in Next Challengers yet, so the deck this guy is using may wind up being very different from what DDs wind up really being like.

Although I kind of do expect them all to wind up there anyway.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

They're probably going to be in Raging Masters.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Booster_SP:_Raging_Masters

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

I miss Asia Circuit.

Hey, I know what happened in that episode sucked, but let's not say things we can't take back.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Vote for the next SJ promo card

The options are:

Santa Claws / [Fiend/Effect] / ATK 1200 DEF 2500 / You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) to your opponent's side of the field in Defense Position, by Tributing 1 monster they control. If Summoned this way, during the End Phase of this turn: You can draw 1 card.

Number S39: Utopia Prime / [Warrior/Xyz/Effect] / ATK 2510 DEF 2000 / You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 39: Utopia" you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) If your opponent's LP is at least 3000 higher than yours: You can detach 3 Xyz Materials from this card and pay LP so that you only have 10 left; destroy as many Special Summoned monsters your opponent controls as possible, and if you do, banish them, then inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each monster banished by this effect.

Geargiauger / [Machine/Effect] / ATK 500 DEF 500 / When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Level 4 EARTH Machine-Type monster from your Deck to your hand, except

Ebon Illusion Magician / [Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect] / ATK 2500 DEF 2100 / You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 6 Spellcaster-Type Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type Normal Monster from your hand or Deck. When a Spellcaster-Type Normal Monster declares an attack: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; banish it. You can only use this effect of "Ebon Illusion Magician" once per turn.

Performapal Silver Claw / [Beast/Pendulum/Effect] / ATK 1800 DEF 700 / [Pendulum Effect] All "Performapal" monsters you control gain 300 ATK. [Monster Effect] When this card declares an attack: All "Performapal" monsters you currently control gain 300 ATK, until the end of the Battle Phase.

Hope Ebony Magician doesn't wins :(

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Vote for the next SJ promo card

Ebon Illusion Magician / [Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect] / ATK 2500 DEF 2100 / You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 6 Spellcaster-Type Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type Normal Monster from your hand or Deck. When a Spellcaster-Type Normal Monster declares an attack: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; banish it. You can only use this effect of "Ebon Illusion Magician" once per turn.

Hope Ebony Magician doesn't wins

Uh, what? Why was the summoning condition changed from the OCG original and "Ebon"? It's this card they're really meaning right? Tell me I'm not going crazy here. :psyduck:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Xoidanor posted:

Uh, what? Why was the summoning condition changed from the OCG original and "Ebon"? It's this card they're really meaning right? Tell me I'm not going crazy here. :psyduck:

What condition change? The effect is the same listed on the wikia. And the change to Ebon is that lacks the japanese spelling for 'Dark Magician', is the same deal as the Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon, support for the Dark Magician archetype but not a member of it.

Plus the name is subject to change.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Performpal. :psyduck:

Jesus, was Entermate really that bad?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

What condition change? The effect is the same listed on the wikia. And the change to Ebon is that lacks the japanese spelling for 'Dark Magician', is the same deal as the Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon, support for the Dark Magician archetype but not a member of it.

Plus the name is subject to change.

Oh nevermind. I somehow misread them not mentioning him being a generic rank 7 as him now being a rank 6 "use 2 spellcasters" XYZ. Mystery solved. :v:

VJeff posted:

Performpal. :psyduck:

Jesus, was Entermate really that bad?

Jesus christ, anyone want to stat taking bets on how they'll gently caress up Furnimals?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
So I've been possessed by the sudden urge to play YGO again. I imagine getting a physical deck would be ridiculously expensive and pointless, so are there any good online versions? The last I remember was this silly official game that came packaged with Shonen Jump back in like 2004 or something.

Also, and I imagine this is a doozy, is there a guide or something that I could read to see how the game's changed since the days of GX? I imagine my favored decks (Silent Swordsman/Silent Magician theme decks, Elemental Hero, and an average beatdown) are completely outdated now, but I'll probably stick with them anyway. And hey, may as well see if I can improve them.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

BlitzBlast posted:

So I've been possessed by the sudden urge to play YGO again. I imagine getting a physical deck would be ridiculously expensive and pointless, so are there any good online versions? The last I remember was this silly official game that came packaged with Shonen Jump back in like 2004 or something.

Also, and I imagine this is a doozy, is there a guide or something that I could read to see how the game's changed since the days of GX? I imagine my favored decks (Silent Swordsman/Silent Magician theme decks, Elemental Hero, and an average beatdown) are completely outdated now, but I'll probably stick with them anyway. And hey, may as well see if I can improve them.

Devpro, YGOPro, and DuelingNetwork are the places I use. Also, Heroes are apparently making a comeback.

To cover the main changes, you can look at these three wiki pages. (Of the three, Pendulum is basically brand new. Came with a few new rules.) Also read the banlist.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

The best I would recommend if you're looking to relearn the game is to buy a copy of the latest DS/PSP Yu-gi-oh you can find. Those games have always been really good on easing you into the new mechanics such as the structure of past-gx archetypes and how to synchro.

Otherwise I'd tell you to jump straight into Devpro, make the best deck you can think of without worrying about the new mechanics and start dueling. It'll take a few games but you'll start understanding quickly if you pay attention. XYZ, synchro and pendulum are going to feel really confusing at start but it's easier to understand when you see them in play.

There's also Yugitubers, helped me catch up when I started again last year.

The entertaining one: Yugioh4RealMen

The one obsessed about the meta: AznEyes

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

BlitzBlast posted:

As others have said, Heroes are very viable nowadays (they have a new deck coming in Japan this year in fact) and Beatdowns decks are also really good. The only deck that isn't worth it is the Silent themed one.

Outside of that, the YGO official page is really good to learn the ropes and you have already got the best simulators available.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Still holding my thumbs for LVL's getting new support trough ARC-V. :negative:

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah, I really miss LVL cards. Course, I'd like to see some more synchro fusions first since those were pretty cool.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

The entertaining one: Yugioh4RealMen

The one obsessed about the meta: AznEyes

I like AznEyes, but I wouldn't recommend him to someone trying to get back into the game. He's really not that great and the game, and he has a tendency to really, REALLY overhype things and get other things wrong.

Remember how he went on for weeks about how no one was going to play Bujins because Lightsworn were getting new support? :v:

Mysticblade posted:

Yeah, I really miss LVL cards. Course, I'd like to see some more synchro fusions first since those were pretty cool.
NECH has a new fusion that looks like it requires 2 Earth Synchro monsters. We're still waiting to get all the details on it, but it seems like it'll be great.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Oh my god. :psyduck:

quote:

NECH-JP087
Elemental HERO Blazeman
Level 4 FIRE Warrior-Type Effect Monster
ATK 1200
DEF 1800
You can only use 1 “Elemental HERO Blazeman” effect per turn, and only once that turn. (1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 “Polymerization” from your Deck to your hand. (2) You can send 1 “Elemental HERO” monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, except “Elemental HERO Blazeman”; until the end of the turn, this card’s Attribute, ATK, and DEF becomes the same as that sent card. If you activate this effect, you cannot Special Summon for the rest of this turn, except Fusion Summon.

So long Stratos.

Dexie posted:

I like AznEyes, but I wouldn't recommend him to someone trying to get back into the game. He's really not that great and the game, and he has a tendency to really, REALLY overhype things and get other things wrong.

That's exactly why he's excellent when you're new. No rushing trough things without explaining, he's learning as he plays. :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That got me checking the Next Challengers cards, and I'm honestly surprised that Future Hope will actually be a thing, I was entirely sure he'd never leave the anime considering his very existance breaks the rules of Xyz monsters. And yet, here he is, in all his Rank 0 glory (though he must always be treated as a Rank 1 which is boring). The Door of Destiny and Kattobingu Challenge too, though those didn't seem so impossible in the first place.

Now Konami, where's my Rank 13 monsters? You clearly don't care about making internal sense anymore (or since...ever...), so you might as well go the whole way in.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

Oh nevermind. I somehow misread them not mentioning him being a generic rank 7 as him now being a rank 6 "use 2 spellcasters" XYZ. Mystery solved. :v:

Jesus christ, anyone want to stat taking bets on how they'll gently caress up Furnimals?

"Furry" archetype introduced.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I'm only a third of the way through ZeXal at the moment, but if we get cards like that we should get dark synchros too! :getin: And since they are below level 2, they will trigger Junk Warriors effect...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The theme of Next/New Challengers seems to be 'hey let's completely break the game!'

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Apoqliphoth_Killer
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/El_Shaddoll_Shekhinaga
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Zaborg_the_Mega_Monarch

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

The theme of Next/New Challengers seems to be 'hey let's completely break the game!'

quote:

NECH-JP026
Apoqliphoth Killer
Earth Machine / Effect
LV10 3000/2600
Cannot be Special Summoned. Must be Tribute Summoned by Tributing 3 “Qliphoth” monsters. (1) This Normal Summoned monster is not affected by Spell/Trap Effects, or the effect of a monster whose Level or Rank is lower than this card’s Level. (2) All Special Summoned monsters lose 500 ATK and DEF. (3) Once per turn: Your opponent sends 1 monster they control or have in their hand to the Graveyard.

What, WHAT?! :psyboom:

That's not a card, that's a loving win-condition.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Dexie posted:

This card is literally Quadraxis.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_New_Challengers

We have almost complete set spoilers now. The Quilphoth spells and traps are going to ensure they can get that out fairly easy, it looks like.

I don't think I'm looking forward to this set. :gonk:

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Xoidanor posted:

Not against Gustos! Sphreeze4lyfe :c00l:

I do like this as an alternate win condition, though: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Spoiled_Angel_of_the_Ghostrick . It's also a useful card for Ghostricks regardless.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Spoiled Angel is neat, but the final boss of the Ghostricks ending up as a Fairy kind of irks me. It's silly, I know, but I would have preferred it to be a Zombie/Fiend/Spellcaster like the rest of the archetype.

EDIT: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Apoqliphoth Okay yeah, I'm officially scared of Qliphoth now.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 16, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Spoiled Angel is support for both of my current complete main decks; Ghostrick and Hunder (I use so much material boost in hunders getting to 10 should be easy). That Qliphoth stuff makes my incomplete deck, Gusto, happy that Sphreez is still a thing and I still have 3 of her.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Senerio posted:

Spoiled Angel is support for both of my current complete main decks; Ghostrick and Hunder (I use so much material boost in hunders getting to 10 should be easy). That Qliphoth stuff makes my incomplete deck, Gusto, happy that Sphreez is still a thing and I still have 3 of her.

Would you mind posting your Gusto decklist? I like seeing what variations other people run.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Xoidanor posted:

Soooo, time to work again on my Vennominaga deck?

Seriously, how the gently caress you beat that thing? :stare:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Benkei can drop him, because Benkei doesn't care about your plebian ATK dropping effects.

It's just a matter of being able to summon a monster with
A) 3500 + ATK or
B) Level 10 or higher.

Tons of decks can do that. It's just that you have to do it quick before he whittles away all your cards.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, now that I think about it. The NK have a decent chance of beating it with their swords, but drat, Konami doesn't have the slightest clue of making a balanced meta does it?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

VJeff posted:

Benkei can drop him, because Benkei doesn't care about your plebian ATK dropping effects.

A) 3500 + ATK or
B) Level 10 or higher.

Tons of decks can do that. It's just that you have to do it quick before he whittles away all your cards.

Superheavy Samurai Benkei? He'll still lose 500 DEF if he's Special Summoned, so at best he can point-for-point with Killer.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Huh, I thought it just dropped ATK. Well fine, normal summon him or slap an equip on him then. :colbert:

Although I guess TECHNICALLY you have to get over 3600 ATK, since all the Qlipoth Pendulums increase everything's ATK by 300, don't they? That's a little harder but not impossible.

Or you could just tribute him for Lava Golem. :haw:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

VJeff posted:

A) 3500 + ATK or
B) Level 10 or higher.

It'd be 3800 atk thanks to the second monster Qlipoth players normally use to form their pendulum zone. This is actually quite a big deal for a lot of meta decks. Satellaknights and Buijins are the only ones on open hand who can bring out monster with enough attack without teching. Shadolls would just stand no chance, the only card they main who could get around it is Sephylon. Only thing Lightsworns have is Honest. Yang Zings have nothing.

Funnily enough any normal summoned 2000/1900 atk beater with Megamorph would walk right over this guy. :owned:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, Bujins just laugh in this guy's face. "Yamato. Crane. :mmmhmm:"

Yang Zing just gotta start decking Red Nova Dragon and Shooting Quasar, obviously.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

VJeff posted:

Yeah, Bujins just laugh in this guy's face. "Yamato. Crane. :mmmhmm:"

Yang Zing just gotta start decking Red Nova Dragon and Shooting Quasar, obviously.

Or Honest.
Because every single Light deck runs honest.

But really what it seems they're doing is trying to bring back having an giant fuckoff 'ace monster', rather than lower leveled swarms/effect stacking.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jul 17, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

VJeff posted:

Or you could just tribute him for Lava Golem. :haw:
This is why I voted for Santa Claws.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://www.ygorganization.com/duea-korea-version/

Korea gets the best exclusives. I really hope they end up coming to TCG at some point.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

http://www.ygorganization.com/duea-korea-version/

Korea gets the best exclusives. I really hope they end up coming to TCG at some point.

I hope not, Noden would singlehandedly get Instant Fusion banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Really lovely pic but holy hell, the NK mat is loving awesome:

And it seems Bedivere will return banished cards to either the GY or the deck, making Avalon a whole more interesting now.

Also a few more info about the boxset

quote:

Konami has shared details on the Noble Knights of the Round Table Box Set for its Yu-Gi-Oh! CCG, releasing November 21.

The Noble Knights of the Round Table Box Set will collect the various Noble Knights cards that have been appearing in booster sets for the past two years, and boost the popular Deck theme with new key cards. This release will include “Merlin,” the wizard of Arthurian legend, and the card has the power to take a Noble Knight card and make it a leader of men. The deck will also include a new Noble Knight monster and a new Spell card. Another highlight is the three-card Power-Up Pack, which will include three Platinum Rares from the following six-card set: “Compulsory Evacuation Device,” ”Effect Veiler,” “Forbidden Lance,” “Gold Sarcophagus,” “Mystical Space Typhoon,” and “Torrential Tribute.”

The box will contain a 43-card, pre-constructed, all Platinum Rares deck, an all-foil three-card Power-Up Pack, a rubber game mat, 70 new Round Table-themed card sleeves, and a storage box. MSRP is $49.99.

http://icv2.com/articles/news/29118.html

And Geargias are the next structure

http://www.phdgames.com/geargia-rampage-structure-deck/

• Locked thread