Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Things getting strangely sexual here at the end...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

When I saw this panel, for a moment I thought Yoruichi was naked, due to the coloring.

And because it's Yorichi.

id buy her jellies and jams :henget:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Say Nothing posted:

When I saw this panel, for a moment I thought Yoruichi was naked, due to the coloring.

And because it's Yorichi.

Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Orihime and Chad must have the biggest asspulls tucked away because if not, they are screwed.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Say what you want about Kubo's sexist tendencies and downplaying female character roles, at least his female characters tend to be more spunky than submissive.

In this case, very spunky.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

FuturePastNow posted:

In this case, very spunky.

:golfclap:

(That was totally my intention I swear)

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I would not feel comfortable with those two as my only backup in Zero Squad Death Zone.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

CubanMissile posted:

I would not feel comfortable with those two as my only backup in Zero Squad Death Zone.

Chances are they are the rear end pull and because their powers are sourced from neither Quincy or Hollow (Orihima is some kind of magic god person no? and Chad is a full on fullbringer) they'll play some pivotal role in being the "true powers of humanity" or some poo poo.

In fact, i bet there'll be some super spiritron absorbing thing that Ywach uses, it absorbs all quincy, shinigami and hollow powers, all but wipes out squad zero and the god of souls or whatever, but because Orihime and Char are human with weird powers derived from some other things them they'll still be around and will deal the final blows against Ywach.

But who am i kidding. Orihime and Chad are going to chump some quincies and then try to appeal to whatshisface to not be a dick. Whatshisface will reveal "master plan" which will involve self sacrifice but temporarily weaken/allow an opening on Ywach. Ichigo will then merge every power into one and kill Ywach and the soul king (who will have now merged into one being because that was Ywach's true plan: to be the master of both Quincies and Shinigamis).

Then by killing them the whole deathgod/quincy powers are eradicated, ghosts just become ghosts and live in ghost land without swords, hollows are just bad people and live in hollow land and everything works out fine because of mcguffin.

Oh, and we never find out what happened to grimmjaw, or who's foot that was in HM a few years ago.

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009

Kin posted:

but because Orihime and Char are human with weird powers derived from some other things them they'll still be around and will deal the final blows against Ywach.
This would be far better than whatever we actually get.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

Orihime and Chad must have the biggest asspulls tucked away because if not, they are screwed.

Well, it's not Orihime's powers themselves that are weak, it's just that she's the very definition of a squishy wizard.

Chad's probably completely hosed though, yeah.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Chad is basically a Truenamer in terms of utility, he got less useful as he got powerups.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Kin posted:

Chances are they are the rear end pull and because their powers are sourced from neither Quincy or Hollow (Orihima is some kind of magic god person no? and Chad is a full on fullbringer) they'll play some pivotal role in being the "true powers of humanity" or some poo poo.

In fact, i bet there'll be some super spiritron absorbing thing that Ywach uses, it absorbs all quincy, shinigami and hollow powers, all but wipes out squad zero and the god of souls or whatever, but because Orihime and Char are human with weird powers derived from some other things them they'll still be around and will deal the final blows against Ywach.

But who am i kidding. Orihime and Chad are going to chump some quincies and then try to appeal to whatshisface to not be a dick. Whatshisface will reveal "master plan" which will involve self sacrifice but temporarily weaken/allow an opening on Ywach. Ichigo will then merge every power into one and kill Ywach and the soul king (who will have now merged into one being because that was Ywach's true plan: to be the master of both Quincies and Shinigamis).

Then by killing them the whole deathgod/quincy powers are eradicated, ghosts just become ghosts and live in ghost land without swords, hollows are just bad people and live in hollow land and everything works out fine because of mcguffin.

Oh, and we never find out what happened to grimmjaw, or who's foot that was in HM a few years ago.

oh god when was the science espada fight

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Lamebot posted:

It was Mayuri's foot, he figured out time travel and went and was just hovering there waiting to tell his past self a couple secrets and complete a time loop.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Lamebot posted:

It began in late 2007.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
So....

gently caress YEAH.

That's pretty much my entire reaction to this chapter.

Also Yumichika cutting off Bambietta's arm. I thought it was Ikkaku's for a moment.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 17, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just a reminder that Fullbring powers are the result of either one of the person's parents being attacked by a hollow before they were born. So if Chad's a fullbringer (which he is), obviously he's got a bit of a trump card on them.

Also I want to see Chad hulk out and wreck some Quincy poo poo.

Edit: In accordance with Ghost Mengele's new look can we get a :sun: smilie but with his face instead???

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 17, 2014

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Kin posted:

Given the events of this chapter, I think that foot was attached to Yoruichi.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Chad's progression now only leads to him getting a full suit of armor.

Arm -> Arm with flames (like from the Full Throttle games) -> shield arm-> other arm being more dangerous/one punch KO skulls in poured cement walls

Orihime probably going to fight and be in a support style role while her combatant chides her on her uselessness, then she gets judo-chopped and gets held prisoner while unconscious. Queue Ishida/Ichigo buddy team up a la "that wasn't part of the deal,"

I'm wondering if Ishida will become how Ywach was, and sacrifice himself to be exiled for the next 1000 yr slumber.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I don't know what foot you guys are talking about, but the MYSTERY PERSON in the video feed was pretty obviously Grimmjow. The arm and lower body were Grimmjow's, and he was screaming about "that bastard Ichigo" and Ichigo even said, "what is he doing there?".

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Advice posted:

I don't know what foot you guys are talking about, but the MYSTERY PERSON in the video feed was pretty obviously Grimmjow. The arm and lower body were Grimmjow's, and he was screaming about "that bastard Ichigo" and Ichigo even said, "what is he doing there?".

Kubo is gonna troll us all and reveal that Ulquiorra's corpse dust landed on a dying Grimmjow and mutated both of them into a very angry at Ichigo hybrid.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
So what does "Hado 57" do, exactly? Did Yumichika just earthbend a ton of that debris or something?

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

That's what it looked like, yeah, just levitating and shooting rocks.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

He did it without the incantation, too.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

DrSunshine posted:

So what does "Hado 57" do, exactly? Did Yumichika just earthbend a ton of that debris or something?

Yeah, I think he used it to block all the bombs giving Ikkaku an opening.

FuturePastNow posted:

He did it without the incantation, too.

This was interesting, meaning he actually practices using kido, but it's more likely Kubo was just too lazy to write an incantation.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Batmasterson posted:

This was interesting, meaning he actually practices using kido, but it's more likely Kubo was just too lazy to write an incantation.

Kubo's laziness made an interesting character more interesting, then. It's always been implied that only kido masters can do upper-level spells without the incantations, so depending on his proficiency, Yumichika's really been holding out on people. If he does have a bankai, he's basically a Captain without the rank (unlike, say, Ikkaku, who probably can't do any kido).

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Rigged Death Trap posted:

New Chapter!

Mangapanda Link

-More trolling of Jizzelle
-Kurotsochi :allears: Science battle incoming and Im gonna love it.

All I needed to know to read this chapter. :swoon:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Gyges posted:

Wait, are we just accepting that Giselle is a guy now? Also getting off on killing someone isn't really a gay/straight thing, more of a psychopath thing.

No, Giselle is a chick.

Uryuu's grandpa - who is the real Sternritter Z - is a guy, though. And since Giselle is now just another zombie under his power, she has the scent of a man.

Also, Uryuu's grandpa had to sprinkle his blood on Giselle to turn her into a zombie. That's what Yumichika is smelling. It isn't really semen at all... it's undead grandpa blood. :eng101:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The worst part is that I have no idea if you're kidding.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

BlitzBlast posted:

The worst part is that I have no idea if you're kidding.

That's kinda my actual theory until proven otherwise.

It'd be one hell of a twist, you gotta admit.

Mostly though, I'm just happy to see my main man Mayuri is back. I hope this fight goes on for 20+ chapters and is filled with "Weird Science" asspulls, hilariously inappropriate comments and hyjinxes from all parties involved, and some Mayuri backstory and character dev for good measure. :allears:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

So there's no way they're actually saying semen and "makes me wet" right? Kubo is usually super tame.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
They aren't gonna bring in grampa uryuu while Ishida is nowhere to be seen. Mayuri wouldn't give a gently caress if some guy he performed a live dissection on came back, either. Besides, it would be a little too hosed up for Bleach if the 'good guy' was ghost mengele and the 'bad guy' was one of the many people he tortured to death. This is going to be another pure rear end in a top hat vs. rear end in a top hat fight, nothing more. Just enjoy the spectacle.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

So there's no way they're actually saying semen and "makes me wet" right? Kubo is usually super tame.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kubo's editors don't give a crap what he does anymore.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

One of the first hollows in the series literally threatened to make Orihime's classmates gang rape her with its mind powers in order to make her commit suicide afterwards.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Petiso posted:

One of the first hollows in the series literally threatened to make Orihime's classmates gang rape her with its mind powers in order to make her commit suicide afterwards.

Numb Chandelier threatened Tatsuki, not Orihime, but that was indeed pretty :catstare:. The anime didn't have that line, though.

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

Serious Frolicking posted:

They aren't gonna bring in grampa uryuu while Ishida is nowhere to be seen. Mayuri wouldn't give a gently caress if some guy he performed a live dissection on came back, either.

Shouldn't he have already come back as a ghost years ago? They are in ghost land, right?

Edit: Ah misremembered, he did come back, and Mayuri experimented on his soul, not his actual body.

...so shouldn't all the deceased Sternritter be showing up as ghosts now?

rocketbrah fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 18, 2014

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.

Surec posted:

Shouldn't he have already come back as a ghost years ago? They are in ghost land, right?

Ghost Land is a dangerous and terrible place plus I'm not so sure what happens if a Hollow eats you.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
The big bad has been eating their souls, this was a huge plot point from like 10 chapters or so ago.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

FuturePastNow posted:

Kubo's laziness made an interesting character more interesting, then. It's always been implied that only kido masters can do upper-level spells without the incantations, so depending on his proficiency, Yumichika's really been holding out on people. If he does have a bankai, he's basically a Captain without the rank (unlike, say, Ikkaku, who probably can't do any kido).

Yumichika's always seemed really strong but afraid to use it because of the divison he's in hating all things kido. His proper shikai was strong enough to make Charlotte Cuulhorne think it was a bankai.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Surec posted:

Edit: Ah misremembered, he did come back, and Mayuri experimented on his soul, not his actual body.

...so shouldn't all the deceased Sternritter be showing up as ghosts now?

It is entirely possible that the alphabet corps are ghosts already. Of course, in this setting ghosts leave behind corpses that can be raised as zombies so the very idea of ghosts as afterlife spiritual entities is kind of meaningless to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Yumichika's always seemed really strong but afraid to use it because of the divison he's in hating all things kido. His proper shikai was strong enough to make Charlotte Cuulhorne think it was a bankai.

He only took fifth seat because second seat belongs to Yachiru. Third seat to Ikkaku and he likes Ikkaku too much to supplant him. So he settled for fifth since it looks like third. This already says a lot about his strength considering he knew about Ikkaku's bankai.

• Locked thread