Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They usually photoshop Tina Fey's face to remove her scar as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Rose Byrne looks like she came out of another movie's publicity/poster photo

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
I like quite a few people in that cast but that poster still doesn't give me a reason to want to watch it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The MSJ posted:

They usually photoshop Tina Fey's face to remove her scar as well.

It's really not prominent depending on the lighting and makeup. I never noticed it in 7 seasons of 30 Rock, at least, had to be pointed out to me.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

feedmyleg posted:

It's really not prominent depending on the lighting and makeup. I never noticed it in 7 seasons of 30 Rock, at least, had to be pointed out to me.

You can see it in the first season, before they started getting rid of it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
She may have had some plastic surgery to help minimize it, once she had some cash from getting famous. I caught an early SNL ep that she was in just recently, and her scar was far, far more prominent than I had remembered. I'm sure there's a lot of makeup involved, but it would make sense to pay top dollar to have a doc work some magic on it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pretty much everyone looked worse on SNL. The lighting and makeup during the Fey/Poehler/Fallon Weekend Update era was often pretty bad. If you've ever seen the Best of... specials featuring either Fey or Poehler you can see during the WU segments how radically they change from one season to the next. Liz Lemon at her worst never looked as frumpy or awkward as Fey during that time and Poehler at times looked jaundiced.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

She may have had some plastic surgery to help minimize it, once she had some cash from getting famous. I caught an early SNL ep that she was in just recently, and her scar was far, far more prominent than I had remembered. I'm sure there's a lot of makeup involved, but it would make sense to pay top dollar to have a doc work some magic on it.

She had a photo shoot for a magazine recently where it was still very prominent.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

New posters for Horns, starring Daniel Radcliffe:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I saw a bus stop bench ad for And So It Goes with Michael Douglas, and it was so well done I didn't even realize it was an advertisement. It was like, "Wow that realtor looks just like Michael Douglas. Holy poo poo, I think that realtor is using Michael Douglas' picture on his ad! ...wait a minute, this is an advertisement."

I can't find it online anywhere, but it was a great example of good ad work.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Alexander Godunov

It makes me happy that the best goon(at least best single performance) in the history of movies actually got on a poster once and actually was credited as one of the stars of the movie.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

QuoProQuid posted:

New posters for Horns, starring Daniel Radcliffe:

I think the concept could be interesting, but the execution is atrocious. I read the book and enjoyed it well enough, and I really like Harry Potter when he's not, but Aja is pretty much a miss in my eyes so I'm not very hopeful. I haven't read/heard anything about the movie which worries me too. Like all movies though, I hope it's the greatest thing ever made.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

They screened a full version of Horns last year and it's not coming out until October, so I'm hopeful that they're really polishing the thing. Apparently test audiences were unsatisfied with the effects and the conclusion of the movie, so they might be doing some reshoots as well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ariza posted:

I think the concept could be interesting, but the execution is atrocious. I read the book and enjoyed it well enough, and I really like Harry Potter when he's not, but Aja is pretty much a miss in my eyes so I'm not very hopeful. I haven't read/heard anything about the movie which worries me too. Like all movies though, I hope it's the greatest thing ever made.

There was a clip released quite a while ago which showed off Radcliffe's American accent which was shockingly good. There is also supposed to be a trailer out but it got taken off Youtube.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

muscles like this? posted:

There was a clip released quite a while ago which showed off Radcliffe's American accent which was shockingly good. There is also supposed to be a trailer out but it got taken off Youtube.

Yeah, I was kind of curious to just hear more of the accent if nothing else, but the clip and everything I heard about the movie was so long ago that I had just assumed it came out by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us0dR2NF8lE

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Ariza posted:

He just looks too sexy in that photo. It would be better if it was shot like a candid instead.

Erebus posted:

Yeah, I was kind of curious to just hear more of the accent if nothing else, but the clip and everything I heard about the movie was so long ago that I had just assumed it came out by now.

Yeah that accent's pretty good, it's like he's doing a different voice entirely.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Basebf555 posted:

It makes me happy that the best goon(at least best single performance) in the history of movies actually got on a poster once and actually was credited as one of the stars of the movie.

Well he's certainly Godunov to deserve it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Erebus posted:

Wow, he sounds really different, it's kinda freaky.

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

Cacator posted:

He just looks too sexy in that photo. It would be better if it was shot like a candid instead.

Yeah its because he's gazing into the camera, I actually think it'd be more effective if they have him looking slightly off centre of the lens.

Also good god its amazing how some people can change their accents so well, he sounds so different.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Deadly Chlorine posted:

Yeah its because he's gazing into the camera, I actually think it'd be more effective if they have him looking slightly off centre of the lens.

Also good god its amazing how some people can change their accents so well, he sounds so different.

His eyes are the only thing that still have their color, as a full-sized movie poster in a lobby I imagine that would work well at subtly drawing your eyes to his face and not having Harry Potter staring directly at you probably wouldn't do that effect as well.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am just expecting it to start moving like the newspapers in the Harry Potter movies.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Horns was a good book and I would consider myself a fan of Alexandre Aja so I'm very much looking forward to this.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

I am just expecting it to start moving like the newspapers in the Harry Potter movies.

I think he should consider some sort of radical change in his look, because its gonna be another ten years AT LEAST before people will be able to see anything other than Harry Potter when they look at that face. Maybe a lumberjack beard, or put on like 30lbs, or do a lot of drugs or something like that.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Look at this loving Noah blu-ray boxart:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

GonSmithe posted:

I don't understand why they need a boat if they can just stand up in all that water.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

GonSmithe posted:

"MOM! Noah won't let me play in his boat! MOOOOOOOOMMMMM!"

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I hope some Asian region just slaps a Gladiator II on top of that box art when selling the bootlegs

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Horns was a good book and I would consider myself a fan of Alexandre Aja so I'm very much looking forward to this.

Ror posted:

They screened a full version of Horns last year and it's not coming out until October, so I'm hopeful that they're really polishing the thing. Apparently test audiences were unsatisfied with the effects and the conclusion of the movie, so they might be doing some reshoots as well.

I never read the book but enjoyed the movie when I saw it last year at TIFF -- Juno Temple is radiant and the effects were pretty good, I thought. It could've used some editing tweaks maybe as some of the beats seemed a little off but otherwise it was a charming little movie that made me want to read the novel.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
The Noah box art is fine and pretty close to what the posters were.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.

GonSmithe posted:

That is hideous.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GonSmithe posted:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Erebus posted:

He sounds like Aaron Paul

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

GonSmithe posted:

That side profile reminded me of this:

(It's supposedly Alexander the Great)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

I never read the book but enjoyed the movie when I saw it last year at TIFF -- Juno Temple is radiant and the effects were pretty good, I thought. It could've used some editing tweaks maybe as some of the beats seemed a little off but otherwise it was a charming little movie that made me want to read the novel.

The weird thing about Horns is that according to an article I read today it doesn't have an American distributor.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

GonSmithe posted:

I thought the movie was sweet as hell but I wouldn't oppose a movie about a giant Russell Crowe planting his rear end into the pacific ocean and causing a huge loving tsunami.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

I thought the movie was sweet as hell but I wouldn't oppose a movie about a giant Russell Crowe planting his rear end into the pacific ocean and causing a huge loving tsunami.

Godzilla is going to be in this movie somehow.

Harlock posted:

I hope some Asian region just slaps a Gladiator II on top of that box art when selling the bootlegs

It's going to be really disappointing because it's not the one written by Nick Cave. This sequence from Noah sot of comes close though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwSWRdbSQK0

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

More poster-related than movie-related, but Mondo has done their first video game poster.

It's not horrible, but it's not terribly distinctive, either. I wonder if that's because it's a game that's not even out yet rather than something older and more iconic, the way they do with their movie prints.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Erebus posted:

It's not horrible, but it's not terribly distinctive, either.

This will also likely describe the game.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Obligatory "blue and orange" complaint.

Seriously though that poster looks generic as all gently caress. The design and execution are well-done from a technical standpoint, but I look at it and see nothing that would make it worthy of being up on a wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
:stonk:

Jesus Christ.