Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
also we're slogging through s7 of tng and last night was Parallels

oh my gosh that was a good star tracks episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

JawnV6 posted:

ok

electronically determine what age/gender(s) are present and watching this show

these days they have little gadgets people wear for that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
also kinects :nsa:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
also those gadgets people wear are why suddenly radio station ratings got a lot more reliable and is why suddenly all these rush limbaugh all the time stations are shutting down and poo poo

cuz it turned out the diary method was having people grossly overestimate how much they were listenign to stations like that but the monitors show people barely do.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
"a long time ago"

gently caress context, context is for those losers on 1091, not us superior "suddenly" 1092 folks

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i just purchased a book called slant by GREG BEAR soley based on it having foil red letters and a fuckin sick nasty :pcgaming: intro paragraph

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

JawnV6 posted:

ok

electronically determine what age/gender(s) are present and watching this show

haveblue posted:

also kinects :nsa:

nielsen has been working on computer vision to do that for literal decades, a prof i had worked on it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

PleasureKevin posted:

dawn of the apes is amazing

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

vOv posted:

wait they still do that? i thought that they'd switched over to electronic stuff a long time ago

in canada they use the little dongle thing. a few years back i got a letter in the mail that was a toonie attached to an invitation to do ratings for the canadian equivalent to nielsen. i kinda regret not doing it but whatever.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

so the bluray of hot fuzz has an imdb mode and the desk sergeants read iain banks and iain m banks

also everything in this movie is a reference to some other cop/crime movie

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

nigga crab pollock posted:

i just purchased a book called slant by GREG BEAR soley based on it having foil red letters and a fuckin sick nasty :pcgaming: intro paragraph

it's part of a series and not the first book, iirc.

what you missed so far:
nanomachines, son!

edit: their internal chronology is different from the order they were written, so you'll be fine

pseudorandom name fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 16, 2014

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

theflyingexecutive posted:

so the bluray of hot fuzz has an imdb mode and the desk sergeants read iain banks and iain m banks

rory mccann aka michael armstrong (the dumb grocery store monster) in hot fuzz is currently playing as sandor "the hound" clegane in game of thrones

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

get your cocks out for welsh girls with neurological diseases

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

syscall girl posted:

rory mccann aka michael armstrong (the dumb grocery store monster) in hot fuzz is currently playing as sandor "the hound" clegane in game of thrones

whoaaaa, edgar wright does some magic wrt casting/effects/shooting; that movie only cost 12 million

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

bad boys 2 cost a million dollars a minute and that poo poo is two and a half hours long

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

hot fuzz is the best

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

saucepanman posted:

hot fuzz is the best

qft

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

reading The Quantum Thief; please namechange thread to

Scifi postin - The space-bog: a tiny autonomously moving sack that comes out of the wall and attaches itself to your rear end.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

saucepanman posted:

hot fuzz is the best

I didn't really like the newest one very much. for as much comedic talent as they had in that movie, there were surprisingly few jokes

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

the latest one felt like a homage to stuff like red dwarf and hitch hikers guide but not as good and also not as good as hot fuzz (just watch hot fuzz instead)

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

just watch hot fuzz instead

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

indigi posted:

I didn't really like the newest one very much. for as much comedic talent as they had in that movie, there were surprisingly few jokes

i agree, i went to a screening that played shaun and hot fuzz before premiering world's end and was a lil disappointed

got a t shirt, v drunk, and the chance to see all of them on a fuckoff big screen tho

also this blu ray has three commentary tracks, one with quentin tarantino :pwn:

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

i agree, i went to a screening that played shaun and hot fuzz before premiering world's end and was a lil disappointed

got a t shirt, v drunk, and the chance to see all of them on a fuckoff big screen tho

is at least one of them commentary on the commentary

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
finished feersum endjinn

bascule rules, it's a neat setting, but the ending kinda snuck up on me and felt like a bit of a deus ex machina

or really an endjinn ex cryptosphere i guess!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how are the commentaries

World's End was like a pretty decent late bloomer coming of age/male friendships story but it wasn't what I was expecting. I figured it'd be a lot sillier in the way that SotD and Hot Fuzz were silly, where it was funny and absurd but still played straight so the dramatic plotlines weren't completely disposible. it really seemed like a college student's attempt at aping the style of the previous two movies

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Cocoa Crispies posted:

finished feersum endjinn
now youre ready for

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

12 Monkeys will premiere on SyFy in January 2015.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

idiot hell fuckers

http://www.indiewire.com/article/wa...s-film-20140716

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

indigi posted:

World's End was like a pretty decent late bloomer coming of age/male friendships story but it wasn't what I was expecting. I figured it'd be a lot sillier in the way that SotD and Hot Fuzz were silly, where it was funny and absurd but still played straight so the dramatic plotlines weren't completely disposible. it really seemed like a college student's attempt at aping the style of the previous two movies

which makes more sense when you realize it was written in 2001

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

i'm the missed point(s)

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
just watched snowpiercer. amazing movie but goddamn that ending :smith:

couldn't see it going any other way though.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
hmm what's this box that's arrived? let's take a lookee!

NMN you're a saint, cheers!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
that's really really cool

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

AlsoD posted:

Nice!

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

i finished the causal angel earlier today. pretty good, also somewhat easier to follow than the first two books

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
why is oryx and crake upside-down

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

glad it arrived in one piece :) I was undecided as to whether to go with the GreenPos print colour for the Yosskull or do it up with chrome spray. laziness wins.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

which makes more sense when you realize it was written in 2001

well that's just laziness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

AlsoD posted:

read matter right away, it's sooooo good

• Locked thread