Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I can't believe there hasn't been a DVD release of Megas.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
I can because CN has always been pretty terrible at ever releasing their cartoons in definitive season collections, let alone releasing them at all.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I got one less problem without you, aka Sam & Cat has been cancelled due to all the backstage drama.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

jscolon2.0 posted:

I got one less problem without you, aka Sam & Cat has been cancelled due to all the backstage drama.

Drama? What drama? I like drama.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Neo Helbeast posted:

How does it measure to the "pregnant by 20+ year old boyfriend" drama?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neo Helbeast posted:

Something about one of the girls was getting paid quite a bit more than the other.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

Something about one of the girls was getting paid quite a bit more than the other.

Yeah just read up on it, looks like McCurdy was getting thrown under bus pay wise. I guess it's all for the best any way, she's 23 and trying to pass for 15.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There might have also been some truth to the whole "overworked" excuse considering they had a 40 episode first season.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Neo Helbeast posted:

Yeah just read up on it, looks like McCurdy was getting thrown under bus pay wise. I guess it's all for the best any way, she's 23 and trying to pass for 15.

With Grande having what seems to be a decent musical career on its way, I guess it makes sense.

Still sucks though. I liked Sam and Cat.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Sockser posted:

With Grande having what seems to be a decent musical career on its way, I guess it makes sense.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

are there any good cartoons currently coming out of Europe?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Sockser posted:

I hope that you are a 13 year old girl because otherwise :catstare:.

Even watching commercials for that show was painful. I hope she sings better than she speaks because listening to her for even five seconds at a time made my ears loving bleed.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

Even watching commercials for that show was painful. I hope she sings better than she speaks because listening to her for even five seconds at a time made my ears loving bleed.

She's basically a mariah carey sound a like.

I'm glad cartoon network is blowing through a whole season of total drama in two weeks. Hate that show.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Gaunab posted:

She's basically a mariah carey sound a like.

Mariah Carey has a five-octave range, that doesn't really mean anything

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Mariah Carey has a five-octave range, that doesn't really mean anything

Oh my god, just judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhcpubAVdmc

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Gaunab posted:

I... I think I got cancer from this.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CineD posters have been hyping as one of the best things in pop music in 2013. Being only familiar with Arianna from Victorious, it's really weird to hear that voice coming from her.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Rudoku posted:

How does it measure to the "pregnant by 20+ year old boyfriend" drama?

Wait what? A Nick show had a real life Degrassi plot?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

I thought that was a reference to Jamie Lynn Spears' Nickelodeon show Zoey 101, that was cancelled after she got herself pregnant.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

I believe they are referring to Britney Spears' little sister. Her show was quietly cancelled after she became pregnant at 17. She must be doing okay since she vanished from the eye of the media. At least one member of that family made it out okay.

e;fb

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
Teenage Pregnacy: solution to all your problems.

Ps. When was the last time we heard about Britney Spears?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sithsaber posted:

Teenage Pregnacy: solution to all your problems.

Ps. When was the last time we heard about Britney Spears?

Last year when she released a new album with that Work Bitch song and then won a People's Choice Award for Favorite Pop Artist.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

CineD posters have been hyping as one of the best things in pop music in 2013. Being only familiar with Arianna from Victorious, it's really weird to hear that voice coming from her.

Where in CineD has this been happening?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

axleblaze posted:

Where in CineD has this been happening?

Some posters in the General Discussion thread, but it was months ago during one of those occasions when the thread inevitably becomes music discussion in between the wrestling and comic book discussions.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Gaunab posted:

Let's ignore the singing for a moment and focus on the fact that someone thought "Hey, you know what would be a good idea? A Romeo+Juliet themed pop music video."

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Gaunab posted:

The initial shrill sounds like a small dog about to be butchered.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gaunab posted:

It sounds like half the pop music I changed the station from in the '90s, which I guess wouldn't be terrible if it weren't for the extra layer of cacophony on top of it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Gaunab posted:

I'm glad cartoon network is blowing through a whole season of total drama in two weeks. Hate that show.

Why the hell does that thing come back from the dead so frequently? Its like the vengeful spirit of CN Live that just can't be fully exorcised. Is it somehow stupidly popular in Canada or do they have like five billion seasons to use at this point?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crabtree posted:

Why the hell does that thing come back from the dead so frequently? Its like the vengeful spirit of CN Live that just can't be fully exorcised. Is it somehow stupidly popular in Canada or do they have like five billion seasons to use at this point?

If it's a lovely cartoon on CN there's a 95 percent chance it came from Canada.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Crabtree posted:

Sickeningly enough, I preferred 6Teen.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Acquire Currency! posted:

If it's a lovely cartoon on CN there's a 95 percent chance it came from Canada.

I really don't want that to be the case as Nelvana has funded some good shows in the past. But as soon as I see that Fresh TV style on the screen I immediately turn off the CN background noise. Hell, I don't even understand why any kid would still watch this garbage at this point. Reality TV has died to sitcoms and blog shows. Is this somehow selling lovely 2000s nostalgia to the tween demographic or something by repeating the same WACKY SURVIVOR show or is it getting money from kids that just stay glued to their TV all summer?

Also why the hell is Boomerang the Garfield CGI channel now? That poo poo is repeated worse than Johnny Test back in 2013.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Crabtree posted:

Probably the same phenomenon as Johnny Test, that they just pump out a million episodes of that poo poo in some Canadian turd factory and sell it on the cheap.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
The series premise is ridiculously milkable and the gags are just risque enough to draw in the tweens.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

I liked iCarly a lot and Victorious a non-zero amount so it follows that I would like the sequel series, I guess :shobon:

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Sockser posted:

I liked iCarly a lot and Victorious a non-zero amount so it follows that I would like the sequel series, I guess :shobon:

You'll pay for your poor taste. First we'll strap you down to watch true detective. Than you'll be reeducated by weeks long marathons of Bonanza,All in the family and Sanford and Son. Only then will you be allowed to watch present day sitcoms like Everybody hates Chris or Community.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Crabtree posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CanCon

Basically, it's made for practically nothing thanks to Canadian Grants and after that, any export revenue is pure profit.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sithsaber posted:

You'll pay for your poor taste. First we'll strap you down to watch true detective. Than you'll be reeducated by weeks long marathons of Bonanza,All in the family and Sanford and Son. Only then will you be allowed to watch present day sitcoms like Everybody hates Chris or Community.

But... But I like all of those

Except Everyone Hates Chris

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Sockser posted:

Liking icarly proves that your taste is deviant. We must rehabilitate you, or at least lobotomize your frontal lobe lest you spread the nick meme to your adult friends.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sockser posted:

Everybody Hates Chris is amazingly good. You should watch it again and again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Jack Gladney posted:

Everybody Hates Chris is amazingly good. You should watch it again and again.

Seriously, I don't even like EHC that much but to snub that in favor of Nickelodeon / Disney's comedy vacuums is crazy.