Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Pizza topping: jalapenos, thinly sliced potato, and broccoli. Trust me.

I've had your back on a lot of things but I cannot follow you down this path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Daylight Donuts is pretty good, pesto pizza is great

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Phnom Penh's most famous Belgian resident, owner of La Patate, which makes (you guessed it) shitloads of fries (and burgers/sandwiches). Known for looking and dressing like an off-work Super Mario.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

comes along bort posted:

That's what all y'all is for.

As in gently caress y'all I'm going to the titty bar vs gently caress all y'all I'm going to the titty bar.

No, "all y'all" is just redundant. It doesn't have a distinct grammatic meaning.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Chantilly Say posted:

Now, has anybody brought poutine over there in a big way? It's not very widespread in the States but you'd think it would be. Even when we do bring it over the border we keep ruining it.
i don't really know what poutine is so i don't think so. it's a gravy with cheese?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

R. Mute posted:

i don't really know what poutine is so i don't think so. it's a gravy with cheese?

Done proper, poutine is fries with a brown gravy and cheese curds, though melted mozzarella will do in a pinch if you don't want to get that fancy.* There's a BBQ joint I go to sometimes that puts pulled pork on top of poutine, and it is one of the best things I have ever eaten.

*correct serving environments include outside the hockey rink, shortly before hurling an empty beer bottle at a Habs fan.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

R. Mute posted:

On fries, yes. It is distinctly Canadian.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Discendo Vox posted:

No, "all y'all" is just redundant. It doesn't have a distinct grammatic meaning.

It's short for "all of y'all" so is actually spelt "all'y'all".

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There is a loving cicada in the tree outside my loving window and I can't close it cause we're trying to get the apartment to stop smelling like cigarettes. I'm either going to kill the cicada or myself.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

razorrozar posted:

There is a loving cicada in the tree outside my loving window and I can't close it cause we're trying to get the apartment to stop smelling like cigarettes. I'm either going to kill the cicada or myself.

Fallacy- false dichotomy.

Cheekio posted:

It's short for "all of y'all" so is actually spelt "all'y'all".

"all of you all" is redundant, exactly.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Discendo Vox posted:

Are we still banning for "kill her, then yourself," or has that catchphrase finally deprecated?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

razorrozar posted:

Little fuckers get LOUD don't they?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ReindeerF posted:

Phnom Penh's most famous Belgian resident, owner of La Patate, which makes (you guessed it) shitloads of fries (and burgers/sandwiches). Known for looking and dressing like an off-work Super Mario.

That is an unfortunately shaped fellow.

razorrozar posted:

Cicadas own. They sound like summer.

Plus they're super :3:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

paragon1 posted:

Little fuckers get LOUD don't they?

Painfully so. And they never. Shut. Up.

ReidRansom posted:

Outside my window they don't sound like anything so much as a Dremel against my skull.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Wolf Blitzer is going to be so excited

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Are we still banning for "kill her, then yourself," or has that catchphrase finally deprecated?

My apologies, I didn't know that was A Thing. It would be inapplicable, anyways- only male cicadas make that sound.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I've had your back on a lot of things but I cannot follow you down this path.

Agreed. You're on your own, PTD

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
Northern New Jersey has/had french fries with gravy and cheese as a regional dish, they call them disco fries.

When I was in Windsor for work I couldn't find poutine anywhere. I asked a local and they told me to try burger king. :(

Edit: Great shawarma everywhere, though.

moller fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 17, 2014

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

Yeah, cicadas are the sound I most associate with summer afternoons. It's peaceful.

Discendo Vox posted:

gently caress y'all and your pedantry.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

XyloJW posted:

Yeah, cicadas are the sound I most associate with summer afternoons. It's peaceful.

I don't have a problem with cicadas in the woods, or across the street, or out and about. I have a problem with one specific cicada who has taken up residence two meters from my head.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Discendo Vox posted:

My apologies, I didn't know that was A Thing. It would be inapplicable, anyways- only male cicadas make that sound.

Nah man I was just joking; I don't think it ever was actually bannable and even if so that rule lapsed like ten years ago.

XyloJW posted:

gently caress y'all and your pedantry.

You have no idea how much I jumped hoping you'd misspelled "pedantry."

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Discendo Vox posted:

Why don't you tell us about "ain't no" next.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

SedanChair posted:

Why don't you tell us about "ain't no" next.

Why, I'd be happy to discuss its proud cultural heritage.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Discendo Vox posted:

Sure it does. Just because you don't understand the distinction isn't my problem.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Discendo Vox posted:

"all of you all" is redundant, exactly.

No, it's not. Since there is no distinct plural, "you all" is basically the plural, which is equivalent to "some of you, potentially all of you, to which I am speaking". "All you all" means "all of you to which I am speaking".

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Discendo Vox posted:

So you're not going to don your schoolmarm frock and break it down to "there is not no" and call it redundant?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SedanChair posted:

So you're not going to don your schoolmarm frock and break it down to "there is not no" and call it redundant?

:pseudo: "there am not no"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

comes along bort posted:

Sure it does. Just because you don't understand the distinction isn't my problem.

The use implying a distinction, inasmuchas "y'all" is singular, is used only in the minority, divides rather than unites interpretation, impedes clarity of sinugular meaning, and is a classic example of the sort of Southern cultural barbarism and general inhumanity that made Sherman's march to the sea entirely justified.

SedanChair posted:

Of course not, it's well-established in AAVE, you racist.

razorrozar posted:

e: drat, out-linguistics'd.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Discendo Vox posted:

The use implying a distinction, inasmuchas "y'all" is singular, is used only in the minority, divides rather than unites interpretation, impedes clarity of sinugular meaning, and is a classic example of the sort of Southern cultural barbarism and general inhumanity that made Sherman's march to the sea entirely justified.

You should probably lay off the drugs for a while.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Discendo Vox posted:

Of course not, it's well-established in AAVE, you racist.

And "all y'all" is well established in whatever the heck southerners talk.

razorrozar posted:

That's Amos 'n Andy poo poo

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

comes along bort posted:

You should probably lay off the drugs for a while.

Sorry, I just finished grinding up and snorting a copy of Hacker's A Writer's Reference, 5th Ed, and now I'm tripping semes. Good stuff.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
See when I say "shut the gently caress up Discendo Vox" I'm not instructing you to locate the gently caress and silence it, it's purely for emphasis

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

SedanChair posted:

See when I say "shut the gently caress up Discendo Vox" I'm not instructing you to locate the gently caress and silence it, it's purely for emphasis

Stop back-sedan chair modding.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SedanChair posted:

locate the gently caress and silence it

That was a fun paintball game.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

razorrozar posted:

That was a fun paintball game.

No it was not. I had those welts for weeks.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I have never before seen such Pizza Cowardice.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
Someone do "whole nother" next.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Oh great we're doing this again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ufarn posted:

Oh great we're doing this again

Son of a bitch.

I'm gonna go find a pacifist to vote for.

• Locked thread